Philociraptor's Preparation Thread

Philociraptor - The Halfling Assassin

4257609d-99c8-2a55.jpg

Born of two first-generation (Mexican) American parents, I spent 21 years learning how NOT to be awesome. Shortly after turning 21 (and reaching an all time high weight of 215 lbs), I discovered the power of Paleo and have been striving to perfect my diet and exercise ever since. Standing at an impressive (not) 5' 6.5", I hope to make up for my height with agility, adaptability, and strength. In this challenge, I plan to continue my progress in yoga, get lighter, faster, and stronger, and prepare to make my own way in the world; all goals are stepping stones to becoming the ultimate assassin.

Journey so far:

425765cd-3c18-6936.jpg

Starting stats for this challenge:

STR - 3

DEX - 2

STA - 2

CON - 3

WIS - 4

CHA - 1

Weight: 172 lbs (weigh-in on April 29th)

Body fat %: 18.5% (average of tape measure formulas on April 29th)

Goals:

1) Flexibility - Attend 12+ Yoga classes - 1 STR, 2 DEX, 1 CON

2) Agility - Do 6+ sprint workouts - 1 STR, 2 DEX, 1 STA

3) Basic movement - Perform 10 (assisted) pull-ups per day - 2 STR

4) Light on Feet - Get under 166 lbs (1 lb/wk) and 16% bf% (0.5%/wk) - 1 CON, 2 CHA

5) Preparation - Save $1,500 for house purchase - 1 CON, 1 WIS

Total available points for this challenge: 4 STR, 4 DEX, 1 STA, 3 CON, 1 WIS, 2 CHA

Goals:

1) Flexibility - Attend 12+ Yoga classes - 1 STR, 2 DEX, 1 CON

2) Agility - Do 6+ sprint workouts - 1 STR, 2 DEX, 1 STA

3) Basic movement - Perform 10 (assisted) pull-ups per day - 2 STR

4) Light on Feet - Get under 166 lbs (1 lb/wk) and 16% bf% (0.5%/wk) - 1 CON, 2 CHA

5) Preparation - Save $1,500 for house purchase - 1 CON, 1 WIS

Amazing! I hope you work your way to your #5 especially! I'm completely rooting for you on that one!

"Truth is eternal, knowledge is changeable - it is disastrous to confuse the two." -Madeleine L'Engle

You have some awesome goals!

Thanks! I try =)

Hey dude, welcome to squad A.

Nice goals, I'll be keeping tabs.

I shall bring honor to our squad!

Sweet! Glad to have you on the squat. Have you managed to get any pull ups in yet?

Did my 10 using a chair for assistace today, then did 10 more for good measure (since I'm spacey and forgot yesterday's on the same day I made the challenge)

Nice challenge dude. I thought for sure you'd choose dinosaur-man or Lizard for your race. ;)

Seriously took me a few minutes to understand why you said that, lol. Nickname came from a friend at school. It was between Philociraptor, Philasaurous Rex, or Phillium. I like raptors though, they're more stout, like me.

Amazing! I hope you work your way to your #5 especially! I'm completely rooting for you on that one!

Awesome name. And I'm really pushing for the house, put an offer in at the end of last week on one, trying to settle on a price/conditions. Since the loan won't cut until end of May at least though, I'm still putting together money for a down payment.

Progress for day 2:

1) Flexibility - Attended 1 yoga class so far. (unchanged)

2) Agility - Done 0 sprint workouts so far. (unchanged)

3) Basic Movement - Performed 20 assisted (on chair) pull-ups so far. Had to make up for day 1

4) Light on Feet - Weighed in at 169.3. Am I dehydrated?

5) Preparation - Save $400 for house purchase so far. (unchanged)

Progress for day 3:

1) Flexibility - Attended 2 yoga class so far.

3) Basic Movement - Performed 20 assisted (on chair) pull-ups so far. I'm so forgetful! (unchanged)

4) Light on Feet - Weighed in at 168.9. Definitely dehydrated a bit, did hot yoga last night and I sweated at least a gallon.

5) Preparation - Save $400 for house purchase so far. (unchanged)

Progress for day 4:

1) Flexibility - Attended 2 yoga class so far. (unchanged)

3) Basic Movement - Performed 40 assisted (on chair) pull-ups so far.

4) Light on Feet - Weighed in at 171.0. THERE's the water weight.

5) Preparation - Saved $900 for house purchase so far. Sent $500 from my checking in earnest money (we made an offer and it was accepted) and decided I didn't need to replenish it! So $500 more in the bank. I may have to change this goal >.>

Progress for days 5-7:

3) Basic Movement - Performed (on average) 10 (assisted) pull-ups per day so far.

4) Light on Feet - Weighed in at 170.2 at latest. I am GOING to break this 170 plateau if it's the last thing I do.

5) Preparation - Saved $900 for house purchase so far. (unchanged)

Progress for day 4:

3) Basic Movement - Performed 40 assisted (on chair) pull-ups so far.

4) Light on Feet - Weighed in at 171.0. THERE's the water weight.

5) Preparation - Saved $900 for house purchase so far. Sent $500 from my checking in earnest money (we made an offer and it was accepted) and decided I didn't need to replenish it! So $500 more in the bank. I may have to change this goal >.>

So did you get the house? Are you going into escrow?! If so congrats!! And maybe change your goal to "save money to buy awesome stuff for home".

"Truth is eternal, knowledge is changeable - it is disastrous to confuse the two." -Madeleine L'Engle

Durp, weighed in at 173.4 this morning. After spending 3 days in Canada, my diet is in need of a reset. Will begin updating again on Monday... maybe.

There will always be ups and downs - just keep going through them and you are going to achieve your goals. It takes patience, but it's pretty rewarding in the end!

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rix - Level 2 Amazon Assassin

STR 7 | DEX 6 | CON 7 | STA 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 4 | LVL 3

LVL 2 | LVL 1

Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.

Conan O'Brien

[/table]

Back on track, what were my goals again?

Day 15:

1) Flexability - 3 yoga classes so far. 1 more coming tomorrow.

2) Agility - 2 sprint workouts so far, one resulting in nausea, the other in blisters. I'm on a roll.

3) Basic Movement - I'm back on the pull-up train, been doing them since I got back from Toronto.

4) Light on Feet - Is it possible to get negative points? This morning I weighed in at 173.6. Will need to turn this around

5) Preparation - So far I've spent $900 from my last paycheck on this house that I'm waiting on the underwriter for, and no doubt I'll spend a bunch more on my next paycheck. So this is looking good.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines