• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I am currently running 3 times a week and strength training twice a week. I want to add yoga in 2 to 3 times a week. Do you recommend doing it on strength days, running days, or off days?

Personally I'd probably do yoga tied paired with the running.  Or if you do three times a week, have one workout on an off day, one on a running day, and one on a strength day.

Honestly you can throw it in based on where ever you feel comfortable placing it, and assuming you don't mind or see its impact on your other types of training.

It kinda depends on how you're doing your yoga and how heavy your strength and running days are.  Gentle yoga is great for active rest days.  It's also great on the same day as the run or gym day IF you practice at a different time of day so you have the energy and focus to do both well.  If you're going to do a more taxing practice like Ashtanga, power yoga, or hot yoga you'll probably want to do it on it's own day as a replacement for a run or weight training to make sure you still get proper rest days in.

Thanks for the input. I do pretty gentle yoga. I just transitioned to a desk job and yoga seems to help my posture so I'm not hunched over my keyboard all day. 

• Like 1