Flow PvP [2 July – 29 July]

On 7/16/2018 at 6:25 AM, lauragee said:

My plan to move from pendulum (arm balance with tucked legs picked up off ground) to crow didn't work at all, oops.

I cannot do this sort of thing either, i.e. a move with low hips  back to crow, at best I end up in a sort of flat frog position on my knees but I can't do any other move from it. This is very hard to do. I think  a tuck planche (with straight arms) is basically needed in order to do this. It takes a lot of strength to get the hips up there.

For the next week, let's go with straight arms -> bent arms -> compression -> pretzel. I have an idea, but I want to see yours. :)

Nice one! I had an idea and totally knackered myself on it this morning. I think it's too hard for me, but I will still try to get some baseline with it :stung:

My idea is: handstand -> low plank -> straddle hold around 1 arm -> 8-angle

Edit:(with a jump between HS and low plank via downward dog, not a press...)

Here is a video.The main issue is that I don't consistently stick my handstand, so... it's a bit tough to integrate in a sequence.... And of course the more the mind wants to stick it, the less it comes! You see me doing the hopping rabbit thing by the end of it :P

So not pretty but here is the idea:

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

lifting up to full headstand and then lotus legs (pretzel)

That's a cool one too. No way I can do lotus while inverted, it's already hard enough to knot my legs together on the floor :P  Do you have recommendations to progress to the full "smooth entry" lotus? I'm using some videos to stretch into it but maybe you have suggestions?

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

I may not have access to my parallettes for the rest of this challenge, so future entries will need to be ground based for me.  

I am thinking this time around to do Handstand -> Crow -> Pike headstand -> Straddle headstand.  The first two parts of that are really aggressive and I may not be able to actually do it, I want to try anyway :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

4 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am thinking this time around to do Handstand -> Crow -> Pike headstand -> Straddle headstand.  The first two parts of that are really aggressive and I may not be able to actually do it, I want to try anyway :) 

That would be very neat! My bent arm stand is currently too deep to press into handstand from it, even from crow I will nose dive to hold the bent arm stand, and then I will be too low and  that makes it much harder to press (full ROM press). I REALLY want to get it though, it's like my big boss battle these days :D My plan is to first manage a bent arm stand at 90+ degrees and then work it from there.

Good luck!!! I hope you get it! It's a really cool skill in my opinion!

I had a little session again today. The best I managed was HS (but not really sticking it) -> sequence -> ok HS (hit & stick)  :P

But that took a few runs.

I tried to hold the straddle a bit longer and for the 8-angle, I went for a bent leg hold (instead of straightening the legs but then loosing the hips height and getting support from the bars).

I still need to work on slowing down! HS really make me go into rabbit mode on that one.

So... I think everybody has been busy with Minis and/or traveling around :P 

Do you guys want more time on the current sequence, or do you want a new one?

I haven't progressed significantly on mine, I could do more practice runs. Or move on.  I'm happy either way :)

Sorry, I haven't even tried the current one yet :( This whole traveling/vacation thing has been keeping me very busy

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

23 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Sorry, I haven't even tried the current one yet :( This whole traveling/vacation thing has been keeping me very busy

No problem take your time :) 

• Like 1