I've been on here for a few weeks again and ready to officially respawn. Last year I was barely starting to work out again,  struggling to eat well and everything changed.  July 1st of last year I finally kicked out my abusive husband and started the road to healing for myself and my children.  I look at it as sort of my personal independence day.  I struggled over the summer trying to stay emotionally and financially above water. In October I accepted a full time position in a different specialty and had some difficulty adjusting.  In November the divorce was finalized. December depression hit me hard. I dropped some weight just due to not eating much,  but I was hardly healthy.  I did yoga occasionally but didn't put much effort into it.   The new year brought some positive changes.  I became more conscious about what I ate.  I finally started forgiving and letting go and Joy returned.  I gave up animal products which had a positive physical and emotional impact. I did regain some weight from too many vegan cookies and potato chips which were forbidden on my paleoish diet, but not enough that it feels hopeless.  Best of all I have finally come to a place that I love myself.  I am a force to be reckoned with.  I have more inner strength than I realized.  I have a successful career. I have a balanced budget WITH wiggle room WITHOUT relying on child support.  I own my own house. I am happy.  I am a kick ass mom to my 5 hobbits who are healthy and happy as well.  My life isn't perfect but it is mine.  

Now,  I have recently found a big why.  For Father's Day I signed my dad and myself up for Warrior Dash.  I do not want to be embarrassed by my 60 year old father.  This is the guy who started running when he retired and won his first 5k. He did his first marathon at age 60 and won his age division. I don't expect to keep up his pace but I would like to finish without feeling like I am dying.  So

My goals:

*Training 6/days a week.  3 days of lifting and 3 days of cardio.  I am starting on elliptical to ease my back and hips back into it.  I have scoliosis and have dislocated my sacroiliac joint before so I need to make sure the joints are well supported and have time to adapt.  

*Eating a balanced,  nourishing,  unprocessed diet 6 days a week.  This is going pretty good already.  I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday and only have to think of dinner.  Sunday is my off day where I can have my cookies. 

*Make time for my passions.  At least once a week I try to make time for my crafty and artistic endeavors. 

*Social time.  I am reaching out more to my friends and getting together with them more. 

• Like 2

Mama Gnome, Healer and Crafter

Keeper of the Five Hobbits

All Around Awesome