• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mrs.Nomar

Round 2

Welp,

Last Challenge                •   Went well :)         d25dc0cc975e1b3b16d0e2b1152313b3.gif

• I completed 100 squats a day    download.jpg.895d1139f6dd5238d4f7791a14dc7a51.jpg
  • I completed all of my workouts I had scheduled this month (though I did have to make up workouts at the end of the week a couple times.  I usually just ended up swapping that day with my "rest" day).
  • I tracked what I ate pretty well. And I suppose that's all I really required of myself the last round.  I got to see exactly how not good I'm eating.

*So I have earned a pair of workout capris :)  (On clearance at Walmart, but I'm very cheap, so this is a big buy!).

This Challenge:

• Somehow, someway, keep up the 100s, 
    • Maybe add in Push ups or crunches
  • Switch up the workouts to add more cardio with the strengthening.
  • Get serious about eating better and eat what hubby eats, because that's what I've been trying to get him to do this whole time and now I'm the unhealthy eater :confused-new:

I will get a new sports bra if I am pleased with my performance in this challenge.

• Like 3

Sorry, I don't check in here often enough.

So far, kinda good.  I did notice a new varicose vein behind my knee, so I'm worried the 100 squats put too much pressure on them, but it just adds to the motivation to up the cardio.  And I've started 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene which is working as a nice transition from waking up into /warm up for my workout. 

(And here's some related cat gifs for you ;))          

tenor.gif                                                          5ca288943a36022bcb519839b07c525f.jpg                                                           tenor.gif

I have missed one day, but it was an easy day (glutes, which I have plenty of, so I was easily able to do the workout on my lunch at work.  K, it got me kinda sweaty, but it's all muggy now with monsoon air, that everybody is, so no one thought it was weird that I was using the employee shower).

Food wise, hubby is still going strong and is more strict than I was on an atkins kind of model. 

So I'm trying out this whole Keto thing myself, mostly to see for myself what the hype is about.  So far so good. As for the "Keto flu," I do have body aches, but mostly in my upper back/neck, but monsoon season just started and storms are rolling in, and I just recently learned I have arthritis in my cervical vertebrae, so I wonder if I might also be one of those people that "feel a storm abrewin' in ma' bones!" because I always seem to get headaches with pressure changes.

And I'm kind of always tired, so I haven't noticed any difference there yet.  But I have gotten to the point where smaller portions fill me up a lot more. 

Today, I stuffed myself with my "typical" portion size when I was only half way through lunch.  Now I feel over stuffed and bloated, so . . .  yay?

• Like 1

Week 1 Update.
Eating more fats is much harder than I anticipated.  I never realized how much I don't like eating fats.  But I am dropping the weight.  I've been on a plateau for over a month now, and this last week I've lost 2#s, so, so far so good?

I think I am feeling the fatigue though.  Yesterday was my rest day and today I just could not get myself to get up and get going, so I nixed my workout, telling myself I'll make it up this weekend, but doubting I will all the same.

I am assured, however, this is brief and I'll be energized in no time . . .

• Like 1

July 24 - This last week was rough.  Hubby has been home way more (YAY!) but it means I'm sleeping less :disgust: 

He likes me to stay up and snuggle until he falls asleep, but he's on a crazy-trucking schedule and that can take hours. And even when I can *theoretically* sleep in, somehow the doggos never seem to get the message, and it's up by 5 to face lick-attacks until I comply.

So I skipped my workouts for 2 or 3 days, skipped tracking them for 3, but I wanna say I tried to make up for leg day, but only got halfway.  And I've laxed on meal planning, so have had a couple days of opportunity-snacking and lunching, which were not healthy alternatives.

Buuut, my babiest puppy just got the last of his puppy vaccinations, so I'm confident he's ok to take outside.

He was a bit nervous at first, but my other furbaby helped to coax him along and he has been loving it!

Spoiler

Mini Doggo collage of Winchester's first day out :D, because I just can't help myself!

scrd.jpg.b433c0c784570ff1083d2248746b8d82.jpg                20180717_060156.jpg.81fdbe684b2b806c1204946e6223de24.jpg             run.jpg.ceb854abc71c8e46521593de07cce908.jpg                  O16MuQMTd6Hjv3cjUIWC3wt5dbQObuqBdSi8sn8QA8Dojb6jEgOBz6plHEWs7Lgd6vkmh8wRyWH_bajAQpDQXAuzKrEtTm5J_bf9SEexsqpbrsAWAeKxmmZ2_qdBPttdbZIOyu0FZN-uIWjwxgThM7kZLr1O5AKMQVJcLcwaic2Fz8pG4v0vfPv_bes22Q8n6Xt2trvPHLMmV-u7X-2Ty3VXO_98zSygEwg_c73TXBiLP54yyv4jrYtyyL2qTF7RwH84j5TEfYXd0SF81L0-iJdPWVg6cRmHR2K15OL-00KcmNaEhpMk-XOPSWipWJDfUJJQMatG5dOjknzr24bHPIE9QC3_hwqdYrIexxHsf-XN-9XJyrdlI9sjSL5WhBa2d11yMnJcN32P22oMfPPIPLWKqk-Z0xwXsYC51RI5TKvh6ZLCHqyLguAPEN1vAL0lxo3y71I3nkzoaH5D2T2iHg9ZKVwZdzAC1hqLt_lqV_Z_ZgsYsxZioFvI903il2tWbhYnDZHgPpE4ofGV_0M2mc2PqO2NKMcqSaPfnbiDaA_vrQFLxiAhc9TLzAx7m6sOwfQ6NqCLYHfyxG8Zda_tgxMl3QM61p4vTg3R_3s=w489-h869-no

So, this week I'm using the dog walk-jog-stop-sprint as warm up for my morning cardio and I'm going to try moving the yoga to the evening.

It'll be easier to do something after work if it's low impact. Plus, maybe I'll use the Savasana to transition into a meditation for the Ranger's mini-challenge.

*Go Team Cypher!*

• Like 1

Welp, did absolutely 0 meditations.  I really do intend to work on this, but since I've mixed up my morning schedule to fit in doggie walks, I'm having a hard time fitting in any meditation, or for that matter, yogas. 

But food stuffs have been mostly good.  Did kinda go over carbs a couple days in a row, but not super duper.   And weight loss has slowed, but is still showing a very gradual downward progression.  
I've mostly kept on track for workouts, minus Friday/Saturday/Sunday morning.  These turned into rest-days, and Sunday I skipped the puppies' morning walk altogether.  I slept in until 10!!  (Mostly because I stayed up until 2:30 ish because hubby came home, which, yay, but his trucker sleeping schedule kept him up until 2 ish.)  Hubby occupied the dogs for me, though, and let me sleep.  <3  We did go on an extended evening walk with them, about twice as long as their normal evening walk, because hubby wanted to join us :cheerful:  

So this week, I'm gonna try to transition to a shorter cardio workout in the mornings (after the dog walk/jog, which I'm considering warm ups in this case) and I'm going to try to at least do simple stretching in the evenings.  Still not sure how to work meditations into the mix.  I'll probably see how this week goes, then use the next challenge to tackle that.

Well challenge is over and I did lose almost 10 #s in the month of July, which is awesome, but I did the same thing last year just clean eating (but this year, once I 'cheated' at the end of the month, I put 3 of those #s back on :apologetic: ).  So I'm just gonna go back to "clean" or "natural" eating because the Keto kinda difficult for me to maintain, especially downing the protein.  

Plus, hubby is a big meat eater too, so it'll be easier to maintain food habits we can both follow.

All in all, I'm pleased with my progress.  I and still kinda bouncing around that BMI border number, but it's at least on the lower end now :) Plus, iot was also perfect timing for neon sports bras to go on clearance :friendly_wink: 

Still got some jiggle in the middle, but thighs are getting very Chun-Li worthy  :smug:         chunli.gif

• Like 1