• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ensi

Ensi - Body, Soul, Mind... and Gold

29 minutes ago, zenLara said:

I definitely could improve my after-breakfast time. I think I could start by mixing laptop use with some sketching/reading.

Sounds like a great idea! And I just read through some course material, and decided to do this: after breakfast, I write 5 positive statements about myself and the changes I'm making (I can already think about these while I'm having breakfast). These are positive thoughts and ideas that I want to strengthen in my brain instead of the old, negative thoughts. I mean, I'm in no rush in the morning - I could take 15-20 minutes to do something like this, easily! And schedule an hour to draw or paint. (One of the thoughts I wish to strengthen is that my art is important and that I am allowed to take time to do art. I feel like it's pointless at times, but that's not true. All in all, I wish to strengthen the idea that my personal interests are important. I struggle with that...)

32 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Sounds like a fun day! Did you try archery too?

I did! We only got three shots each, so I didn't get to know the bow very well and I didn't score well, but that wasn't the point :D Archery, the zip-line and climbing were the highlights of the day, for sure!

• Like 3

Mission "Breaking The Habit": 2/30

Yesterday morning, instead of opening my laptop after breakfast, I went biking. Today, I journaled about the new habits I'm gonna take up and the old ones I'm gonna drop and how now's the perfect time to make changes to my day-to-day life, and then I studied some course materials. I did my laundry, and went for a walk while I waited for the washing programme to finish. I did some squats and plank poses in a nearby forest (#localtrashpanda), and did some kettlebell rows and deadlifts when I got back home. What I'm especially being mindful about is that I try to calm myself down. The course focuses on the importance of stress management and adequate sleep, which I want to pay extra attention to. I sleep OK, but I would like to go to bed a bit earlier and have a calm evening routine. I think breathing exercises could also be helpful to calm my nervous system down.

Mom's coming for a visit tomorrow, so I'm gonna clean up here today :D I just went for a short walk. I think the air is starting to cool down a bit; they say the temperature is gonna come down now... I took some time to draw in Photoshop, and I might continue a bit later. We're also gonna watch a movie with my friends in the evening. All in all, I'm currently happy, and I have a feeling that I will succeed in making positive changes :) Have a lovely Friday, y'all!

• Like 4

Mission "Breaking The Habit": 3/30

Woke up, had breakfast, and journaled. Then I read a book about Tove Jansson that I borrowed from the library, and after that I allowed myself to go to laptop. BUT then I suddenly felt like going out and biking, so I did :D I biked for 30 minutes and did some kettlebell rows and presses again (just a couple of light sets to get my muscles moving).

After a couple of days of focusing on slowing down, I'm starting to calm down. I think this is the piece of the puzzle that I have overlooked way too long: no matter how well I eat or how much I exercise, stress prevents me from losing weight and feeling healthy. I believe that I am now taking small, yet important steps towards the right direction. Paying the course fee made me realize that I am dedicated to taking care of myself, and it feels like I'm now getting the support I need to move on and get better :) I don't feel like this is overwhelmingly difficult; besides, the course doesn't give you specific menus that you have to follow or die a fiery death, but they're more interested in getting the basics in check (life management, sleep, nutrition, exercise). I agree with their views on health, and I'm curious to see how the course will go! I am only getting some materials now, and more will follow when the course starts on 13th August. Coincidentally, this is also the date when the next NF challenge starts! I will build my next NF challenge around the course materials...

Mom is almost here, so I'd better get ready! Have a nice weekend :)

• Like 4

Nothing much to report :) I've managed to find moments in my day where I allow myself to rest and take deep breaths, and I've done some mental lifting, too: my current mantra is "my life is fulfilling and good, and I'm not missing out on anything." I'm all in for gaining self-respect (god knows I'm lacking) and seeing my life as awesome :D What I mean is that I've been  eager to please many people from different walks of life, and there's always something that I don't connect with. I haven't really figured out what kind of a lifestyle suits me. Instead, I've been trying to get to know people and kinda hoped that I could pick their lifestyle and finally belong somewhere - but, as said, something's always a bit missing, and I haven't really felt like I belong. So, I'm all for taking back myself and my self-respect: no more pleasing people and making compromises that harm me. Yarr!

I've kept my food choices healthy, but not obsessive: we did a lot of walking yesterday, and I had no issue with having a slice of goat cheese pie afterwards. I've started to see some changes in the mirror, and I feel stable: my hunger doesn't get too aggressive, and I stay satisfied for 2,5-3 hours after a meal, easily. I'm gonna make a new challenge thread at some point, I still need to think about some details :)

Mom and I are gonna go out soon. Have a great start for your week!

• Like 3

Mom and I are both a bit worn out, so we decided to spend the day at my place. I've been way more active than usually (Stockholm, the adventure park, walking around the town with Mom for a couple of days), so it's good to take a pause! We're gonna cook, draw, and I can focus on the online coding course :) Mom's visited town by herself, and I stayed home and did a strength training workout. It felt great to get some exercise!

The online stress management course starts next Monday, and I'm pretty eager to get my paws on the content! They offered some pre-content about changing your habits and nutrition, so I'm trying to implement those things in my daily life before the course starts. So far so good, and I feel like what I'm doing is maintainable :) All in all, this company seems to fit my goals better than the other company I tried a couple of years ago: they were more about getting your diet 100 % right and telling people that if they made even a tiny mistake, they wouldn't get results, but this new course is more about finding what works best for you and allowing yourself to mess up every now and then.

I've also started to to spend less time on social media. Instead, I found myself working on the online coding course last night, and after that, I drew and listened to some music. I hope to find more IRL activities instead of surfing online and spending time and energy on social media. It could help me to feel better about my own life and vibe, and I'd have more time for my hobbies and other things. I've somehow lost all my will to be active on Facebook, I like Instagram better. I just hope to start feeling so good about my own life that I don't need that outer validation all the time.

Now Mom's baking some blueberry pie, so everything's fine ;) Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ensi said:

they were more about getting your diet 100 % right and telling people that if they made even a tiny mistake, they wouldn't get results

Sounds super stressful :(

On 8/4/2018 at 12:00 PM, Ensi said:

Paying the course fee made me realize that I am dedicated to taking care of myself,

I think this is a step forward. The moment you're ready to spend actual money on your health, you know you're more committed. Good luck with the course!

• Like 1

On 8/7/2018 at 7:16 PM, zenLara said:

Sounds super stressful :(

I think this is a step forward. The moment you're ready to spend actual money on your health, you know you're more committed. Good luck with the course!

It was really stressful, especially since my relationship with food was already really unhealthy back then :/ And there are soooo many people here in Finland who try to follow their diet and feel shitty about themselves that it makes me sad...

Yes! I'm really serious about this now :'D I've done a lot of mental progress during this challenge (not caring too much about other people's opinions, believing that my life is good and I'm not missing out on anything), and I'm super happy to get some real help to get to a better place now :) I'm definitely gonna stay here in NF, too, because this is the best place to ramble about health and fitness! And y'all have a wonderful sense of humour ;)

A new challenge is up! I return to the Assassins!!

• Like 2