Hello everyone! I'm Raksha!

I'm new here to the forums, though I've been a member of the Academy for several months. I've been feeling a little unmotivated lately, and I figured these forums would help me with some new challenges! In fact the proximity of the next 4 week challenge was a major motivator in joining now. Basically, my story is as follows:

I've always had a great imagination, and a lively interest in reading. As a kid, I was always buried in a book, to the point of getting in trouble for ignoring more important things, like church or math class. As I aged, my natural introverted tendencies emerged to blend seamlessly with the escapism books provided. Through the years I've led a very rich and successful life - in my own mind. In my imagination I was fit and outgoing, witty and adventurous, and accomplished at a wide variety of hobbies that earned me accolades and fame. Meanwhile, in real life, I'm overweight. I eat all sorts of junk. I'm out of shape and not very athletic. I'm extremely shy and hate socializing of any kind. I start so many hobbies only to abandon them as soon as something more interesting comes along. Time never stops, of course, and now I'm 30. I thought I'd have done some more interesting things by now, but I got nothing. Time to change that while I still can.

So I'm joining up here, and plan to jump into the first challenge when it begins Monday. I'm working on my quest ideas right now. With persistent effort, I will make my life a little more vivid, and a little more adventurous!

• Like 2

~ The Tides Rise And Fall ~

Battle Log of the Tides