... "Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'"

Do you really think they will fire you? As far as I read your story you are the one who's holding all their shit together and doesn't want anything for that and doesn't even complain about it.

:)

Nope, I don't think they would. They haven't a good track record of firing toxic people so I don't think they'd have it in them to fire people who are actually trying to help.

The problem doesn't lie with them, their attitude or the work climate, it lies with me, my expectations and the need to set my bundaries and shape my environment to be a place like me. The way I should see it (meaning, the way I see it with my brains, who's not often at the steering wheel), is that they've hired me for a reason. They've hired me because of me. I'm here because the way I'm handling things is good enough to get the job done and, as such, I must mark my territory and get the environment to work like me rather than the other way around.

It takes time, though, and we're not nearly there. Saying no to unachievable deadlines is what I need to do right now to shape the place into a working environment, it's easy to think of it in this way with my brain. It... doesn't feel that way, though. It feels like there's a small stone I could push further and achieve yet another victory and then I can rest. Only, there's always a small stone that could be pushed further... I need to learn to draw the line and make that stand (and I don't like it, obviously).

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

9 minutes ago, Jean said:

it lies with me, my expectations

I know and sometimes it helps to hear it again (and again and again...) from others to "click" in your brain ;)

• Like 1

Aye cap'n! The gear's movin'! Bring forth the oil!

• Like 1

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

2019, bitches!

I've managed to tank through it all. Now, all that remains is time for myself. :)

But tanking isn't enough, now, what I really want is a life. So 2019 will be my year of the wolf.

Now, excuse me while I crawl into my den and rest for a few days. If you don't hear from me, it's because all is going according to plan.

Have fun and  enjoy the holidays. :)

gray-wolf-resting-at-entrance-to-lair-pi

• Like 1

BTW, if you do see me hanging around here, things are also going according to plan. My one mission for right now is to do what I want in whatever way I want so... not much room for doing it wrong right now.

• Like 2

So, I was fancying myself a Ranger but the more I look to it, the more I realise that, these days, my fights are all about balance so, let's shapechange into a Druid, for once!

Looking back at 2018, it was a setting up year. In terms of results, it's more disappointing than 2017, which is telling, but it has allowed me to set in place the setting I really needed for my life. So, now, the stage is all built up and at the ready. Let's start the show! I'll call it: 2019 - the year when I couldn't count "one more year down, 32 more to go" as a win anymore.

So, let's start the Year of the Wolf. The year where I awaken my wild self, find a pack and take on the hard but fulfilling way.

The winter of 2016 is behind and as the flows of this new setting course through my veins, I am starving for a life. Let's get out in the open and on to some questing:

Quest 1: Find your pack

• Make a list of people whose company I appreciate;
  • Gather their coordinates;
  • Invite them to a pack founding event, see who comes and doesn't;
  • Speak openly about my projects;
  • Set a date for the next pack event.

Quest 2: Be on your way to financial freedom

• Track my spendings on a daily basis;
  • Cut out the fat whenever possible;
  • Keep some regenerative events as fat in my budget;
  • Get to a positive monthly balance.

Quest 3: Be wild
Spend at least 1 hour in nature every week (workouts on the vita trail count).

Quest 4: Be fit

• Work out twice a week;
  • Customise my workouts to make them 100% bodyweight and geared toward functional strength;
  • Bonus points for workouts on the vita trail.

Wolf-snow-forest_-_West_Virginia_-_ForestWander.jpg

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jean said:

So, I was fancying myself a Ranger but the more I look to it, the more I realise that, these days, my fights are all about balance so, let's shapechange into a Druid, for once!

Even though I want to call you a traitor (:D), I love this!

You need to find the path that's best for you!!!

26 minutes ago, Jean said:

Looking back at 2018, it was a setting up year. In terms of results, it's more disappointing than 2017, which is telling, but it has allowed me to set in place the setting I really needed for my life. So, now, the stage is all built up and at the ready. Let's start the show! I'll call it: 2019 - the year when I couldn't count "one more year down, 32 more to go" as a win anymore.

So, let's start the Year of the Wolf. The year where I awaken my wild self, find a pack and take on the hard but fulfilling way.

Preparation is important, so you can count 2018 as a win in that field. ;) 

The best of luck in the coming year!!!

• Like 1

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

3 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Even though I want to call you a traitor (:D), I love this!

What can I say... camouflage is a shared skill. cfb_99198.jpg

cytuHN3.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jean said:

Let's get out in the open and on to some questing:

Love the quests you've listed!

1 hour ago, Jean said:

Quest 3: Be wild
Spend at least 1 hour in nature every week (workouts on the vita trail count).

Going with the theme here I'd suggest adding a quest to this part of your list:

• Eat at least one meal outdoors every week

It can be as easy as enjoying an ice cream on a bench in the sun in summer, or as hardcore as fully cooking your meal over open fire in the middle of winter. You choose :) 

• Like 1

It should come pretty naturally IF I start to go in nature more. The hard thing to do is taking the first step and I really suck at it so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible. I'll add it during the year if I realise it is either necessary or I have too easy a time. Thanks for the idea, I like it as a next step (the target is 10 days a year of survivalism in the mountains - I'm not in a hurry). :)

• Like 1

Putting down my starting workouts:

Minimal workout (safeguard):

• 10 pushups;
  • 10 squats.

Modified 3A:

• 10 step ups (5 per side);
  • 5 pushups;
  • 8 elevated pushups.

3 sets +:

• side planks: 2x20 seconds per side;
  • front plank: 30 seconds.

Modified 3B:

• 8 one leg romanian deadlifts;
  • 5 inch worms;
  • 5 assisted chin ups.

3 sets +:

• side planks: 2x20 seconds per side;
  • front plank: 30 seconds.

Modified 3C:

• 6 jumping squats;
  • 10 knee pushups;
  • 20 air rows;
  • 10 leg lower down.

3 sets +:

• bar hang: 2x30 seconds.

• Like 3

Some ridiculous ersatz for wall slides, because the wall part of it is what takes me away from doing them usually (no walls on my training field and few suitable empty walls in my home. Imagine wall slides, in 3D, with a forward chicken wings move. I'm sure there's a name for something like it but I don't know it. I'll make a short video when I get down to putting workouts back into my life in a few days. Not renegade rows as I understand them. Potentially not rows at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jean said:

and few suitable empty walls in my home.

I faced this issue too :D  Did eventually find a decent place to do wall slides, but it's not ideal...

8 hours ago, Jean said:

Imagine wall slides, in 3D, with a forward chicken wings move.

Sorry, not seeing it :(  Looking forward to the video! :) 

8 hours ago, Jean said:

Not renegade rows as I understand them.

No, doesn't sound like it...

8 hours ago, Jean said:

Potentially not rows at all.

Haha! Okey! :D 

Blank weekly checklist in preparation for when I officially start it:

• 1 hour in nature:
  • 2 workouts:
  • daily spendings tracking:
  • Like 1

:ph34r:

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Putting it here because I'll never get to it otherwise: no matter WHAT, no matter HOW, today is the day when I change my profile picture. I'd like to make it a nice portrait but smiling on demand is so much not my forte that if it has to be a platypus, so be it.

• Like 1

http://www.jasonbot.com/bootlegsketch/platypusweb.jpg

Either me or Awesomeness and Fighting Spirit incarnate, I'm not compromising on that one.

• Like 2

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

tenor.gif?itemid=11860573

Step 1: take a decent picture of myself:

-> use the smartphone, hard but OK.

Step 2: load it on the computer:

-> the damn USB cable won't work so I have to use Bluetooth to put it on my dumbphone and then transfer it... talk about needlessly complicated.

Step 3: as is won't be with pictures nowadays, the file is too damn heavy!

Step 3a: try to compress it:

->nope, no hope of fitting the restrictions.

Step 3b: host it myself and simply link it here:

-> the weight restrictions still apply?!? Why on earth is that?! :blink:

Step 3c: find a way to reduce it enough while not loosing too much quality:

-> the damn forum does it's own resizing and looses quality in the process!? Meaning the image can only be sharp if it has precisely the size required by the board, if the board doesn't try to resize it anyway, that is?!

Step 3d: try to find the exact dimensions of the pictures on the forum:

-> they're not specified. Why, that would be too damn easy for a leveling up my life experience... I mean, killing a rat won't make me level up, it sure had to be polymorphed into a greater demon to do the trick.

Step 3e: download the picture from the forum on my computer to check its size there.

Step 4: I'm not happy but I'll take it for now. Let me drink some tea and cool down before I try my hand at it again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean said:

Step 2: load it on the computer:

-> the damn USB cable won't work so I have to use Bluetooth to put it on my dumbphone and then transfer it... talk about needlessly complicated.

Why not just upload it to google drive or something, or even email it to yourself? Then you could easily have downloaded it to your computer.

• Like 1