• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Malownage

How often do you weigh yourself?

I used to weigh myself everyday and did so for months.  I've also for long periods of time not weighed myself.  Now I weigh myself 3x per week prior to working out and often after to gauge how much water I may require.

If you're weighing yourself daily, it's best that you're fairly data driven and don't let a bad number ruin your day.  Weight fluctuates.  For some people, seeing a little higher number one day might improve compliance to a diet for a bit if they are trying to cut (or a lower number for a bulk).  A large amount of data also tends to mute those random ups and downs.  

I'm fairly numb to what I weigh.  It's a data point.  I'm at A.  I want to get to B.  I wouldn't want to go a month between weigh-ins only to find I'm off track.  Weighing every day never had a negative effect on me so it worked fine.  The more data points you have in time period, the less important each is.  If you had a random low number to start a month and a random high to end, you might mute an entire month of progress based purely on bad luck.  If you had 30 data points, the entire trend is plainly visible.

On the flip side, there are certainly valid reasons why people would not want to weigh themselves every day, especially if it's a source of stress or anxiety.

• Like 1

I do so once a week, always at the same time (Saturday morning, right after waking up and going to the bathroom).

But it's mainly to track the general trend. Before I started working out and paying attention to my food, I only stood on a scale once or twice per year.

Once A Week, on A Monday...sometimes I go Months without weighing myself, and get a nice surprise. You should try it...it makes you feel skinnier.

Edited by Sylvaa
Removed link. Please stop posting links such as this in your responses.

I try to weigh myself once a week. I have a bluetooth scale that makes it really easy to keep track of. I tend to notice that if I weigh myself to much, I get discouraged and start cutting calories even more than I need to. 

I've been weighing myself every day and tracking in MFP.  If I gain a bit, its not big deal for me, it is more to see if there is a common change throughout the month.  The most important thing is to not get discouraged and to stick with what you're doing, making changes as needed, just never giving up.