No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
analoggirl

Challenge 2.0

Challenge 2.0

Edited on 17 July.

The imaginative title trend continues.

Long ago, in a distant land....

I had gotten pretty strong in the arms and that was very practical. So I plan to finally reach the top of Mt. One Pull-up  this challenge year. Anyway, first thing's first.

This is what is going to go on the coming weeks.

NUTRITION 

>> Track what I eat.

>> Do not snack after dinner. 

*-Bonus-*  Staring contest with my achilles' heel. Do not eat chocolate for 7 days. Non-chocolate (covered) ice cream is allowed, though. (Other) Loophole: One row of dark chocolate a day.

MOVING

>>Starting next week, swim 2x a week.

>>Choose (darebee) routine night before, do it in the morning. (2x week) And/or 15-20 minutes 90s calisthenics video because it does work my muscles and help with my posture.

Note to self: do not forget warming up&stretching after.

LIFE

>>Set up new organisational system  I want to try.

>>Let related habits take root.

*- Bonus-* Work through the little French practice book I have had lying around ages in my closet. It is short and sweet. Also, I kind of want paper over Duolingo right now. Too much staring at a screen time these past months. My teen self is probably laughing at me right now.

*-Bonus no. 2-* Lie in bed between 9pm and 430 AM.

I will not say sleep because that sometimes makes my brain stubbornly want to stay awake haha.

PS - I forgot how to edit the "Current Challenge" in the code in my signature haha, will have to find that page sometime soon... Next week probably.

PPS - The original message started with some copy pasting on my side from my previous challenge + reflection + prospection. That (messy) content can be read in one of the 17 July messages below.

• Like 2

I... am OK with regards to stress levels right now. I slept so well, because these past weeks my adrenaline levels were high, for my doing anyway. I probably worked myself up a bunch but that is something I need to learn to manage as well. Overall I am glad the strategies I implemented this year - with the intention to raise my stress tolerance levels - are working.

I always used to say jokingly that I could not possibly ever overwork myself because I am very protective of my peace of mind. But the things I want to do in life, they do not involve simplicity as I have always navigated towards. I still do not want to overwork myself, because that will not help anyone, but I am learning new things about the capabilities of the human body and mind.

-Insert Something Here- with regards to stress-free productivity being part of the mind set I want to reach with the organisational system I would like to implement. I never knew that GTD was inspired by the 'mind like water' principle before I read the book, though I'd heard about the system quite often.

Maybe my stress levels are normal also because I do not have 101 deadlines anymore. Some I had passed, others I left for next year, and yet others I did not really need to do at all or at least not this year so I set them aside completely.

Now, let's kill this here 'thing for the thing' writing I have to do. Let's not relax because it's 7 days away. It ain't over 'til it's over.

Note to self - Starting tomorrow I have to pay attention to tracking my goals.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 5:20 AM, analoggirl said:

Figure out bodyweight routine, simple, 20 mins tops (which will probably take me 30) to do 2x a week.

Something I have been doing was going through some of the workouts at Darebee.com and bookmarking some simple bodyweight workouts that I can use when one is needed fast. Sortable and they make it easy to customize to what you need. 

https://darebee.com/wods.html#sort=position&sortdir=desc&attr.ct14.value=easy&attr.ct19.value=none&page=1

Good luck on your challenge. May your challenge awesome!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WantMy$2 said:

Something I have been doing was going through some of the workouts at Darebee.com and bookmarking some simple bodyweight workouts that I can use when one is needed fast. Sortable and they make it easy to customize to what you need. 

https://darebee.com/wods.html#sort=position&sortdir=desc&attr.ct14.value=easy&attr.ct19.value=none&page=1

Good luck on your challenge. May your challenge awesome!

Ohhh. I see those pictures/posters lying around the intrawebz all the time. Now I know their source. Thank you, and hello :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fleaball said:

boooooo uni work. But you can rock it all! Good luck!

Yes! Thank you.

Image result for samurai jack gif

This is samurai Jack going to a rave to save kids that are being hypnotised into being vandals by music... Have been rewatching cartoons from my childhood to unwind in the evening...

• Like 1

Heyo! The moving bit is not going that well but the working while ya work & rest when you rest is going OK.

I feel like my productivity levels have been rising and falling respectively every other day this week. Hopefully this holds true because I need to do a big bulk of last minute thinking and writing tomorrow.

I am getting the hang of not-beating myself up while still pushing myself. 1-0 for me against the theory that I relax too much when I do not feel like a raw nerve. Woot.

Kinda tired of not knowing if something will work out in the end or not. But at the same time... Life itself is uncertain. /well that escalated quickly/

Seriously though. will post my trackings Monday night probably.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 July

1. H2o

Check

2. Move

Biking counts...

3. Do not snack after dinner

No star.

4. Work while you work: BIG CHECK.

10 July

1. H2o

Check

2. Move

Check. Playing actively in the garden with my lil sis counts DEFINITELY. She is the best coach ever.

3. Do not snack after dinner

4. Work while you work: BIG CHECK.

11-15 July

No data. Aw man. I am pretty sure I did well with the water but poorly with the moving on the 14th and the 15th especially, because the library was not open so I had nowhere to escape the heat.

I did succesfully turn in my thing for the thing. It is not the greatest thing ever but I did read through it as often as I could. Thing is, I had to deduce about 1,500 words while still having to source check quite a few things in the last couple of days. Welp. At least I can honestly say I have not slacked this year. When I did not work it was mostly because of mental and/or physical fatigue or just things that needed to happen or fam/friends I had to not-completely-ignore. And that feels kinda good.

16 July

NUTRITION GOAL

>>2L

No data. 

>> Track what I eat.

No data.

>>Do not snack after dinner. 

CHECK

MOVING GOAL

>>Keep on swimming 2x a week.

This is not going to happen this week, too many things that need to happen in the evening because I have internship during the day. Getting used to not having the flexible uni hours. 

>>Figure out bodyweight routine, simple, 20 mins tops (which will probably take me 30) to do 2x a week.

I think I will go with the darebee's workouts. They seem nice and straight forward, and I just saw they have timers and stuff when you click on a picture so that's cool.

>>Dust off 5kg kettlebells *I have two. 

This is also probably not going to happen this or next week. I will give myself at least two weeks to just get used to working out in the morning and see where that leads me. Usually I will want to pick up something after some workouts...

LIFE GOAL

>>Probably set up new organisational system  I want to try. Then either let related habits take root or smth language related.

I agree with my past self. This Sunday, besides relaxing and celebrating a birthday or two I did not have the time for these past weeks, I will start with the CAPTURING phase.

17 July

NUTRITION

>> 2L

No data. Probably enough but no star for me because I did not track xD When I use glasses instead of just my bottle I get confused...

>>Track what I eat

(This is from memory, and I am forgetful sometimes) Also, I will probably not always share with you all what I ate, but I feel like the sharing mood today...

Breakfast:  2 slices of bread, store-bought egg salad & chicken filet 

One coffee with milk,

One cupcake like thing.

Lunch: Salad with "brie"cheese in a restaurant with a friend I had not seen in ages. The heat makes you healthy almost. 

Black coffee with sugar

Dinner: Watermelon

4-5 rice crackers with nut butter, or pasta sauce with chicken filet (weird combination but it works with the type of sauce I have)

Mini patatoes & 2 small cheesesausages

More watermelon

No snacking after dinner! 

MOVING 

Star for effort in this heat since I had nothing else set up. Just the biking and some jumping jacks and walking.

LIFE GOAL

Star: I am updating my NF challenge space. Took me a bit of convincing myself to do.

TOMORROW:

In the morning, I plan to do https://darebee.com/workouts/beginner-hiit-workout.html if I am rested enough. If not, then it is okay. This week I desperately need to fix my sleeping pattern before anything. That will be fairly easy since I have no deadlines anymore and I love sleeping and waking up early, but still. I already feel better after sleeping properly last night.

• Like 2

"ARCHIVED" MESSAGE - this was the first part of the message I posted here on the 7 July and Idk, I want to keep it somewhere and cannot think of anywhere else. Although it will not be a very nice part of the first page of my challenge. :p

Posted on 7 July

It is my sister's birthday today. Also I have an effin lot to write still to finish a thing for the thing the coming 7 days.

No time to think & design just yet. Posting this  now so I have something to edit later and somewhere post my thoughts.

Also, when I have the time I still need to add up the stars and calculate the score for last challenge.

LAST CHALLENGE & the related ramblings

1. Keep on drinking at least 1,5 L of the H2o.

2. Besides my yoga on Thursday in the evening, do 15 minutes of something at home. MAYBE finally dust my kettlebells off and use those as well.

Go swimming once a week. Even if it is just briefly. The swimming pool is literally 5 minutes away from me by bike.

3. Do not snack on junk past 19:00. I am setting the bar on low, especially if I manage to get myself to go to bed at 21:00 or 22:00 consequently again.

Life challenge: I am calling this one 'Suck it up buttercup'. I have to basically WORK when I am working, and have breaks when I have alotted time for them.
I have 1,5 week left until I have a major regular exam at 9AM and a take-home exam I have 5 days to work on and I cannot function without sleep, so I will have to get over my damn slump and stop procrastinating so damn much. Also, that will not be the end of it since after that I have another minor exam (that I have done very little for because of everything else) and one big deadline on 15 July. And then I will not have any summer vacation because I will be doing an internship.

Basically your typical uni student complaining about problems that are not really problems.

Reflection FROM LAST CHALLENGE:

Overall, I accomplished what I intended to do with this challenge. Got my health back to the forefront of my agenda as my last deadlines are getting near. Came back to the forum every 4 daysish. Posted tracks. Did not ramble too much. Used the platform productively. Interracted with the forum some more.

For next challenge, I will up the bets. I will start off with these same goals, but after the 15th I have something else in mind.

It will be something along these lines:

* Some water intake goal

* Track what I eat. Do not snack after dinner.  Bonus: Have a staring contest with my achilles' heel. Do not eat chocolate for 7 days. Loophole: One row of dark chocolate a day.

* Keep on swimming *2x a week. Figure out bodyweight routine, simple, 20 mins tops (which will probably take me 30) to do 2x a week. Dust off 5kg kettlebells *I have two. 

* Some life goal. Probably set up new organisational system  I want to try. Then either let related habits take root or smth language related.

Also - I usually wake up around 6, get up around 630 or 7 depending on howmuch I have slept.

Since I will be having a schedule with pretty regular hours in the recent future, I want to get back to waking up at 430 AM and going to bed 9ish PM after getting everything set up for the next day. I  did  this brutal schedule in September-October of  2017 because of circumstances and long commuting and felt great. Got very productive. Did not really exercise though. So we will have to see how that will work out. Maybe because I will not have to commute or study in the traditional sense, it will even itself out.

• Like 1

https://darebee.com/workouts/pump-and-burn-workout.html

I did this one instead (3 sets to kick it off)

And *this* morning did some 'complete beginner's yoga' because my back, shoulders, neck, calves and probably a bunch of parts I do not know about (my toes?) Are super stiff from all the "Sit your butt down and work!" this year.

Honestly that is more annoying than the weight I gained because I keep having to stretch awkwardly :')

• Like 1

I will do two sets of this one in the morning. Cannot promise I will not skip the plank rotations in order to not demotivate myself. Maybe not. https://darebee.com/workouts/winter-has-come-workout.html

Also, I am kiiiind of wondering how I will make the most of my remaining internship weeks. Made a list of the things I for sure want to have done once but yeah.

• Like 1

I started typing an update last week, but then I did not post it :') This week I did not really track, but I am happy to say that a dress of mine that did not fit the way I want it to on the 30th of June fits just fine now. I am pretty sure the fact that there is a forum that helped me set my little goals up in the form of quests, and has such a "fall 7 times, stand up 8" mentality has been helping with me a lot, even in the non-fitness areas.

It was nice to hear input and not be a mere lurker on other posts. I'll be sure to post my updates asap and will do my best to become more consistent... 

I must say, I have mostly overcome being demotivated by "ovedue" items on my electronic to-do list, but I would still like to just be realistic and then on the day itself, do what I said I'd do :')

• Like 1