Trying to Return to My Borg Fighting Condition

Hello all,

I've always been fitness-aware and used to run 20+ miles per week (a lot of those miles were logged while pushing a baby jogger). In 2006 I was in a car crash that left my frame a little out of alignment -- enough that long distance running is no longer as enjoyable as it once was. I spent the last 10 years trying to find a new fitness routine to keep me in shape but nothing has really fit. My schedule is chaotic and I now have an office job that is doing no favors for my overall health. I just celebrated my 49th birthday but I've never felt my age. I would like for that streak to continue; however, I know that if I don't address the 50-ton gorilla in the corner soon, my health will really suffer.

So...I got a Fitbit in January and I've logged 586 miles so far (I love the Walk to Mordor spreadsheet, BTW). And, in April, I joined the NF Academy. That turned my life around! I've followed the NF blog since 2014 but never joined since I thought I could get back into shape on my own. Nope. I needed help and NF has taught me how to ask for help. (Old dogs can learn new tricks!)

I really didn't need to lose weight, but I did need help getting my muscle back. So far, I have lost 2 inches and would like to lose one more inch overall. Also, my time here has helped me get back on track with my Wing Chun practice. This week I am starting my first Challenge, so I hope I can stay the course. I know with a community like this, the only way I can fail is if I sabotage myself.

• Like 5

JC

I am a leaf on the wind...