• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Howdy,

My name is Emrys. I'm a 27 year old rebel and brand new to the world of weightlifting. I've spent a long time playing the on-again-off-again game with working out and I want to make it stick this time. I've finally accepted that I absolutely loathe cardio and prefer to get down with strength training. I found NF through furious Google searches and joined because I'm looking to add some structure, get more committed to my fitness, see some gains, and make some friends!

My Second 4 WEEK CHALLENGE:

GOAL 1: Diet. My weight is maintaining right now, which is good. However, I have a final 12lbs that are holding on for dear life. So this goal is to make sure I meet a 400 calorie deficit every day. (0/28)

GOAL 2: Fitness. I'm carrying this goal over from last challenge since I did so well. I'm sticking to going to gym at least 1x a week. (0/4)

GOAL 3: Language: I am trying to re-learn Spanish. Last challenge, I fell off in terms of doing daily activities because my days are so hectic. This time around, I plan to listen to Rosetta Stone companion audio at least once daily; it's unobtrusive so I should be able to get it done. (0/28)

LEVEL UP MY LIFE: Debt. I have one student loan in repayment (the rest thankfully in forbearance) and want it gone by the end of 2018. In addition to $100 payment each non-rent pay period, I plan to make a $50 loan payment each pay if surplus after bills funds available (0/2)

Looking forward to updating this next week with some real progress.

Side note: I'm also hoping to make friends and meet some folks in meatspace so please say hi!

Emrys out!

• Like 3

Welcome to the Rebel party! Is your name a reference to Merlin? I just finished the show and am obsessed. (4 years too late, whoops.) 

Your goals are great. How far along are you in Spanish? I have an on again off again relationship with Duolingo, to the point where I can understand what people are saying but I bluescreen when I have to answer.

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

Welcome to the Rebel party! Is your name a reference to Merlin? I just finished the show and am obsessed. (4 years too late, whoops.) 

Your goals are great. How far along are you in Spanish? I have an on again off again relationship with Duolingo, to the point where I can understand what people are saying but I bluescreen when I have to answer.

Hi!!

Yes, my name is a Merlin reference! Welcome to fandom! I've been there since the beginning. I love those boys dearly.

I used to be conversationally fluent in Spanish in high school but lost it to disuse in college. I'm trying to get it back. Maybe we can be practice buddies?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DragonEmrys said:

Hi!!

Yes, my name is a Merlin reference! Welcome to fandom! I've been there since the beginning. I love those boys dearly.

I used to be conversationally fluent in Spanish in high school but lost it to disuse in college. I'm trying to get it back. Maybe we can be practice buddies?

Woo! I'm so mad there's not more. Like, I knew what would happen because it was all over tumblr, but I'm not okay with there being no more of their shenanigans. D:

We can try! I make no promises of being remotely decent right now lol. 

Love your Academy stuff!

Week 1 Results:

GOAL 1: Diet. I did pretty well. Maintained a deficit of 500+ calories most days and the only one I missed, I was off by less that 40 calories. (6/28)

GOAL 2: Fitness. Made it to the gym Tuesday. Did a bonus body weight workout at home yesterday. (1/4)

GOAL 3: Language: Managed to stick to this. Set an alarm on my phone for the evening, which was much easier to stick to than trying for lunchtime since my work days can go sideways fast. (7/28)

LEVEL UP MY LIFE: Debt. Made an additional payment of $70 last pay, in addition to my usual $100 payment. (1/2)

• Like 2

On 7/13/2018 at 1:46 AM, fleaball said:

Awesome! I saw you linked to you FitBit. Is it ok if I add you on there?

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 9:17 AM, DragonEmrys said:

Awesome! I saw you linked to you FitBit. Is it ok if I add you on there?

You're totally welcome to, buuuuut I legit haven't used mine in like a year. I'm looking at it right now but I have to find the charger and hope it works. 

Week 2 Results:

GOAL 1: Diet. Maintained 400+ calorie deficit each day. (13/28)

GOAL 2: Fitness. Made it to the gym and did my first Academy workout at home. (2/4)

GOAL 3: Language: Technical difficulties with app, but did lessons on days that app worked. (12/28)

LEVEL UP MY LIFE: Debt. Made $100 payment. (2/2)

• Like 1

Week 3 Results:

GOAL 1: Diet. Rough week. Didn't make the best eating choices. I'm choosing to blame poor planning and PMS. (15/28)

GOAL 2: Fitness. Started my Academy workouts so I'm up to twice a week now. Did my first deadlifts! \0/ (3/4)

GOAL 3: Language: Still having technical difficulties with app, but did lessons on days that app worked. (18/28)

LEVEL UP MY LIFE: Debt. Still making small $50-$70 payments (2/2)

Week 4 Results:

GOAL 1: Diet. Hit my calorie deficit every day! (22/28)

GOAL 2: Fitness. Hit a dead lift PR! Missed one of my workouts due to a camping trip but still made the 1x/week req. WIN. (4/4)

GOAL 3: Language: Still having technical difficulties with app, but did lessons on days that app worked. (22/28)

LEVEL UP MY LIFE: Debt. Made an extra payment \0/ (3/2)

Challenge Final Grades:

GOAL 1: Diet. 22/28 - 79%

GOAL 2: Fitness. 4/4 - 100%

GOAL 3: Language: 22/28 - 79%

LEVEL UP MY LIFE: Debt. 3/2 - 150%

I'm calling this one a win :)

• Like 1