• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman Moves in and gets settled

Hey all, I am back. I didn't come back to report last challenge, but I did in fact survive June. :) Though, the last few weeks were pretty rough. I think I may have even kicked myself out of Keto. Not from eating bad things, but eating too many carbs/calories. I didn't track a lot, I didn't weigh myself much, and I lived a lot on things like quest bars. I didn't have many food options, but I tried doing my best at least. I didn't give in to the just eat whatever my brain was trying to get me to do. (I'm looking at you King Eggroll!) 

At least now, a few of the big stress points are done. My wife is starting a job today. Temp to hire, but hopefully it will be a quick conversion. Also, I hope she actually likes the job. Now that our big move is over, I have been trying to get back to myself a bit this last week. Not 100% there yet, but this challenge will help that out.

Goal#1 - Keto + IF + Tracking

Time to get back to 100% compliance here. I gained some weight back, so I need to make sure my numbers are on point here. Since my IF has been all over the place, I want to build it back up. This first week my eating window is 10:30 am to 6 pm. Then I will move it to 11 am next week, and try noon the following week. I would like to go 12 -6 pm for my eating window. Otherwise, 11 - 6 would be fine. Tracking needs to happen each day, and I want to make sure I am under 20 net carbs each day as well.

1 point per day, 7 points each week.

Goal#2 - Sleep and Reading

Yeah, this sleep goal remains. The last few weeks, I have been a bit all over the place. So back to my normal standard. Computer off at 11 pm. (I give myself like 5-10 minutes to get reading). Then I am off to bed at midnight. Usually 10-15 minutes here in case I am finishing a chapter, or I get to the bathroom before bed. 

2 points for reading on time, 2 points for getting to sleep on time. 4 points per day. 28 points per week.

Goal#3 - Now Time to Actually Move In

We have our bog move done, and we accomplished so much. Now though, we have to actually move into the place. There are boxes everywhere, and lots of things need to still be setup here. So I have started a list to work my way through. Some things will take more then one challenge to get done.

• Setup my wireless router (xfinity one sucks, I need to get mine added in)
  • Setup a desk and PC for my youngest. (desk needs to be assembled)
  • Get youngest son's room finished
  • Get my oldest son's room done (hang shelves, get consoles all setup, wall mount some things, seal his window AC)
  • Get my computer area setup (unpacking boxes, and setting up a few things)
  • Go through my baseball cards (most are worthless these days, so time to get through them)
  • Go through comics and board/bag them all (I got some comics from my friend when he died plus what I already had)
  • Sell bowling balls and bags that I don't really use
  • Send off pictures/video tapes to a digitizing service (Like a little bit each month, because it will be expensive!)
  • Hang items in the new place (pictures, Hockey sticks, shelves)

That is a good enough list for now. Things like the comics, card, and pictures will take a long time. The others needs to get done much quicker. I need to have at least 5 of these started to pass this challenge. There are 4 weekends, so at least 4 harder ones should be possible ;)

5 points per week if I am making progress. If by some miracle I finished it all this week, then I would get 5 bonus points each week haha. 20 points total for the challenge.

Goal#4 - Don't forget to post

With these last few crazy weeks, I have been to NF to post much. I also haven't posted to my blog since June 18th. So I need to get back to doing this each day. Plus, getting in here is important to keep up with everyone. :)

2 points per day (1 blog, 1 NF post). 14 points per week.

Goal#5 - Prepare for the future!

I am going with another list goal haha. I have a few items of lower priority, yet I want to try getting them done anyway. They are only related by the fact that it is things in my near future. so here we go.

• Figure out a workout routine
  • Register at the Fremont and San Jose libraries
  • Register for classes at the community college

I almost went with an exercise goal this challenge, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. So next challenge, it is in. Now I need to figure out what I want to do. The apartment complex has a small gym. Not much equipment, but there is some. So figure out what I have to work with, and go from there. I want to get running again soon as well, but we will see how that goes. 

For the longest time, I wanted to get registered at the libraries around me. The San Jose one is particularly good since it can give you access to lots of online videos such as linda.com. Then I can do some self learning there. Also, maybe they would have some books for my reading pleasure ;)

Register for school I had last time, and made no room to do it. I would have applied online today, but the website seemed messed up. Fall classes start in late August. I want to see what all I need to get done as a new student.

No points!

So there we have my challenge. I did not take measurements today. I was thinking I might at the end, then compare it to the measurements I took at the start of last challenge. I did check weight, and was 300.9 lbs. I really want to put that 300 number way behind me!

Week 1 (07/09 - 07/15) - 48/54 - 88% this week.

Week 2 (07/16 - 07/22) - 0/54

Week 3 (07/23 - 07/29) - 0/54

Week 4 (07/30 - 08/05) - 0/54

• Like 5

You have a ton going on, but I think you can certainly do it. I am glad your wife found something, even if it is not what directly in house. Fingers cross for a quick hire in process and she likes it there.

Following

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

You have a ton going on, but I think you can certainly do it. I am glad your wife found something, even if it is not what directly in house. Fingers cross for a quick hire in process and she likes it there.

Following

Yeah, the temp agency said they are usually quick to hire people they like. They just moved over to a new payroll system that my wife has worked on for 4 years. So she knows more then they do currently haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have gotten a few things done today, just not stuff on my list haha. Still, feels like a good day overall.

Yesterday:

Goal#1 - Keto + IF + Tracking - 100% 1 point

I tracked in MyFitnessPal - 1773 Calories, 19 net carbs (17 if I subtract the sugar alcohols). I did start eating until 10:45 am ish, and was done by 5:30 pm.

Goal#2 - Sleep and Reading - 0 points

Not so great here. I got home a little later from bowling, and was showing my wife some shelves and such. Which we ordered. That didn't get done until 11 pm though, and I still had to blog post. Even then, I still didn't get to bed right away.

It's cool though, tonight will be better. I ordered a Kindle paper white last night. It should be here today. I am going to see how I like reading on it compared to buying actual books.

I didn't get things done here yet. We did order some shelves to hang up, so that is part of it. I did some work today too, nothing major though.

Goal#4 - Don't forget to post - 2 points

I did come here and post this thread yesterday, and stayed up late to get a blog post done as well.

My new glasses I had broke during our move. I left them in the car for a couple of days, and the lens broke from "extreme heat" Paid the $25 co pay today, and now I have to wait 2 weeks to get them back. So good thing I have my old pair. Though the prescription is slightly off. Hopefully, tomorrow I can get a bit more done around the house.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fleaball said:

Moving is such a paaaaaain I hope you can crush all of that pretty quickly!

Yes, I hate it so much. This time we moving up stairs too. At least we hired some guys to move all the really heavy shit. :)

4 hours ago, WantMy$2 said:

Sounds like you have a lot going on. I started IF last week. How long did you do it before and what did you like/dislike?

I have been doing it for awhile. Even before Keto I played with IF. Mostly 16/9. The only time I have really struggled with it, was when I stopped eating by 4pm or so, then everyone else in the house would be eating pizza or something, and drive me crazy. That's mostly why I give myself until 6 now. I don't really skip meals per say, I just make sure I get in the amount of calories I want fore the day. I did once try getting like 1600 calories in one meal, and that was rough. So two or three meals per day suit me fine. I also don't really snack. One of my first challenges back in the day was to give up my night time snacking. I think IF really does end up helping you know when you are truly hungry, and not just wanting food because your brain says it is 8 am and time to eat.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Emma said:

Found you!

Good luck with everything!

Today had been productive. Made lots of progress on the older kids room. Just need the shelves to come in so I can finish his room off. 

Yesterday

07/10 MyFitnessPal - 1617 Calories, 14 net carbs (12 if you subtract the erythritol)

Done, Done, and Done. Didn't start eating until 1 pm, and finished about 5 pm. 1 point.

RjAYaik.jpg

12:10 am to 7:45 am. 6 hrs 37 mins. 17 x awake for 58 mins. I did get to bed last night on time, and I read as well. Tried out my new Kindle paper white. It wasn't too bad. I started reading the Bobiverse series. 

4 points :)

Made a little progress in the youngest room yesterday. Just setup a his switch. Not a whole lot done, but something.

Posted here, and on my Blog

2 points

No progress here yet. Mostly just was thinking about workout routines. So, maybe more work on this before the weekend ;)

• Like 2

Yesterday

07/11 MyFitnessPal - 1746 Calories, 32 net carbs* (16 with the sugar alcohols subtracted). Eating done after 11 am, and finished before 5:30 pm.

So net carbs is high, but it is because of the sugar alcohols and such. I had a hero bar today that says 4 net carbs. Looking at the package though, it looks more like 20 net carbs (16 if you subtract the Erythritol). I looked it up, and apparently the allulose they use can’t be digested by humans. It just tastes sweet. They claim 12 grams of it has to be labeled as Sugars. So 30 carbs, minus 10 fiber, minus 12 allulose, minus 4 eryhritol gives you 4 net carbs. Is this really true though? I guess I will see. I had the Blueberry cobbler hero bar today. I do have to say it was pretty good. I just worry that I will be to high total carbs with these types of quest bars.

LtDlHAU.jpg

12:17 am to 8:06 am. 6 hrs 36 mins. 15 x awake for 1 hr 13 mins. Last few days I get to sleep on time, but I keep waking up super early. Hopefully, I start settlign in better. Coudl be the heat, or maybe extra light coming in our window. I did get to reading (almost too late), and off to bed when I wanted. so full points :)

I got a lot done in my older son's room. Next will be shelves in there, then the rest is up to him.

• Get my oldest son's room done (hang shelves, get consoles all setup, wall mount some things, seal his window AC)
  • Go through my baseball cards (most are worthless these days, so time to get through them)
  • Go through comics and board/bag them all (I got some comics from my friend when he died plus what I already had)
  • Send off pictures/video tapes to a digitizing service (Like a little bit each month, because it will be expensive!)
  • Hang items in the new place (pictures, Hockey sticks, shelves)

Posts made here, and on my blog yesterday

I sent off for information for the school yesterday. 

Today, I got the information package from the school, and I signed up for the NerdFitness Academy. :) Only got around to hanging a towel rank too. 

Off to blog post, then read!

• Like 3

Shelves delayed till tomorrow! It was already going to be a weekend project, I bowl both days as well. So we will see if I can squeeze getting them all hung up.

Yesterday

07/12 MyFitnessPal - 1709 Calories, 17 net carbs (15 minus Erythritol) First meal around 11:30 am, last meal at 4:30 pm. 

Had the Birthday cake Quest bar. It wasn't as good as others. I have a bunch of different ones to try, I should make a tasting video ;)

1 point

kxfnCPh.jpg

12:13 am to 7:35 am. 6 hrs 41 mins. 11 x awake for 41 mins. Again I get woke up early! Actually, I was a bit restless last night. Also had some leg cramps in the morning, I am guessing I need to get my electrolytes in check.

Also read on time last night. 

4 points

Hung a towel rack up. Nothing else really done.

Posted here, and made a blog post as well. 

2 points

Signed up for NerdFitness Academy yesterday. Now I have plenty of information for exercises. Soon I shall be exercising!

So overall good day yesterday. I bowled like garbage, but that happens. I did the "calibration" exercises today on the NerdFitness Academy. So technically I exercised a very little bit haha.

• Like 3

Bah, late update is late!. Boiwled horrible today. Shelves came in. looks liek most are damaged. Not sure if they are damaged bad enough, or just deal with it. Thanks ikea for including no packaging in the box.

Yesterday:

07/13 MyFitnessPal - 1682 Calories, 26 carbs (14 carbs if use the Quest bar theory) Eating is goign well for IF. 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm yesterday.

1 point

PdqAtqP.jpg

12:09 am to 7:35 am. 6 hrs 22 mins. 16 x awake for 1 hr 4 mins. Still felling that restless sleep a bit. I think it is just too warm for me, and last night my wife had to have the tv on forever. It seems sounds and lights bug me like that when I am trying to get to sleep. Also got my reading done as well.

4 points

Nothing else worked on yesterday

Posted here and on my blog

2 points

No other things done here. I did read through he school pamphlet I got in the mail. :)

• Like 1

Bowled much better today :) Though I struggled games 2 and 3. 277 the first game :) My wife setup my son's desk whiel I was bowling, then I setup him computer on it. One more move in thing done.

We just got notice that we are having the 6 month bug spray next Thursday. So not even all moved in yet, and we have to move all of out shit around. We basically have to have everything away from the walls, and everything unplugged from the outlets. I guess they use the outlets to get in the walls to spray. Hopefully, we can talk to someone tomorrow to see if we can get a more concrete time for them to get in here and do the stuff. The letter just says sometime 9:30 am to 5 pm. Once they spray, no humans or animals can be in the place for 2-4 hours. My wife will be at work, and I am suppose to bowl. I guess no bowling for me. I'll also have to figure out what to do with the kids and animals for the whole day. If they can give me more of a "We'll come at noon" or some time, then at least I know I just have to deal for like 6 hours of doing nothing.

Oh well, the fun stuff of apartment living I guess.

Yesterday

07/14 MyFitnessPal - 1815 Calories, 23 net carbs (11 net carbs minus the quest stuff). Eating done with in my time period. Looks like I am easily hitting 11 am for starting off. Sometimes I am not even all that hungry. I just know I want to get in a couple of meals.

1 point

OdysiYC.jpg

12:12 am to 8:00 am. 6 hrs 48 mins. 15 x awake for 1 hr.

I was running late, but I did get everything done in time to get off to read. Then, I got to bed right afterwards.

4 points

Nothing else worked on yesterday

I didn't post much, but I did get over to post. Then I wrote up my blog post too

2 points

No other work done here.

• Like 2

So last night, I elected to stay up longer to read. Just was in the mood. Too bad it was until almost 2:30 am haha. So that makes me a little tired today. So, lets recap the week.

Weight loss wise, I lost 1.4 lbs this week. I am at 299.5 now. The trend is moving back downward, just not as much as I hoped. It will come.

2gv7VAJ.jpg

07/09 MyFitnessPal - 1773 Calories, 19 net carbs (17 if I subtract the sugar alcohols) Ate in my eating window.

07/10 MyFitnessPal - 1617 Calories, 14 net carbs (12 if you subtract the erythritol) Ate in my eating window.

07/11 MyFitnessPal - 1746 Calories, 32 net carbs (16 with the sugar alcohols subtracted) Ate in my eating window. 

07/12 MyFitnessPal - 1709 Calories, 17 net carbs (15 without Erythritol counted.) Ate in my eating window.

07/13 MyFitnessPal - 1682 Calories, 26 carbs (14 carbs if use the Quest bar theory) Ate in my eating window

07/14 MyFitnessPal - 1815 Calories, 23 net carbs (11 net carbs minus the quest stuff) Ate in my eating window

07/15 MyFitnessPal - 1664 Calories, 33 net carbs (15 net if you subtract the quest stuff) Ate in my eating window.

Overall pleased with my eating. I think I want to try getting my calories a bit more stable this week. The quest products didn't seem to hinder me, or at least didn't stall me to nothing. They are just a pain to track my real net carbs. Will see how things go in week 2.

7/7 points this week

07/09 - 12:58 am to 9:04 am. 7 hrs 4 mins. 18 x awake for 1 hr 2 mins. No reading. - 0 points

07/10 - 12:10 am to 7:45 am. 6 hrs 37 mins. 17 x awake for 58 mins. Reading done on time. - 4 points

07/11 - 12:17 am to 8:06 am. 6 hrs 36 mins. 15 x awake for 1 hr 13 mins. Reading done on time. - 4 points

07/12 - 12:13 am to 7:35 am. 6 hrs 41 mins. 11 x awake for 41 mins. Reading done on time. - 4 points

07/13 - 12:09 am to 7:35 am. 6 hrs 22 mins. 16 x awake for 1 hr 4 mins. Reading done on time. - 4 points

07/14 - 12:12 am to 8:00 am. 6 hrs 48 mins. 15 x awake for 1 hr. Reading done on time. - 4 points

07/15 - 2:40 am to 7:29 am. 4 hrs 22 mins. 9 x awake for 27 mins. Reading done in excess ;) - 2 points

Overall, I did ok this week in my sleep area. Also I haven't had any issues so far with reading from a kindle.With the tiredness I feel this morning, that shoudl be a good reminder as to why I don't go to sleep at 2:40 am haha.

22/28 points

Some work is getting done!

• Get my oldest son's room done (hang shelves, get consoles all setup, wall mount some things, seal his window AC)
  • Hang items in the new place (pictures, Hockey sticks, shelves, towel rack)

5/5 points this week.

Posted each day, even if it was later in the evening. I also got blog posts done up.

14/14 points

I sent off for information from the local community college, and received the packet in the mail. I signed up for NerdFitness Academy with they sale. 

No points as this one is just bonus ;)

Week 1 (07/09 - 07/15) - 48/54 - 88% this week. 

• Like 2

Okay, so the good news is the weight is at least trending in the right direction. It may not be fast, but its progress. And your getting you updated done (I was reading them, I was forgetting to respond and like them). You are getting settled (even if the bug spraying guys was a slight problem). Keep it up. Your doing good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Okay, so the good news is the weight is at least trending in the right direction. It may not be fast, but its progress. And your getting you updated done (I was reading them, I was forgetting to respond and like them). You are getting settled (even if the bug spraying guys was a slight problem). Keep it up. Your doing good.

Yeah. This week has felt much better for just the fact alone that I am getting back into a normalish routine again. :)

1 hour ago, Blethan said:

Woot! Always good to see a graph trending in the right direction (always good to see a graph at all, freakin' love graphs...)

Looks like this are going well!

Indeed :) I always like using the fitbit graphs to see whatever data I can. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tateman said:

Yeah. This week has felt much better for just the fact alone that I am getting back into a normalish routine again. :)

It always amazes me how much having a routine can make things seem so much easier and better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

It always amazes me how much having a routine can make things seem so much easier and better.

Ahhh the routine... easy to keep when times are good, but a nightmare when sh*t hits the fan... exactly when you need it most XD I’m with yah, makes everything just bit easier! 

• Like 1

Not much done step wise today, but I did get some shelves up. I had to scramble to get some wall screws and such, but I did get a couple of them up.

I forgot to wear my fitbit last night when I went to bed. I didn't want to get up to get it, so oh well. :) 

Yesterday

07/16 MyFitnessPal - 1905 Calories, 18 net carbs (17 net subtracting the Erythritol) I also got my eating in plenty of time. I had gone shopping yesterday, so I actually started eating much later in the day.

Forgot to wear the watch to bed. However, I did get off the computer a little earlier then normal, and read. I headed off to bed about 12:10, and got settled in shortly after that.

No work done yesterday

I did get some posts here, and posted on my blog.

No extra work done.

I bowled ok. Sport patterns are really hard to bowl on, but I did ok. :)

• Like 1