• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman Moves in and gets settled

Lazy days happen. I had the same at the end of this challenge.

Good luck getting back to the little bit at a time to move in. I know that can be hard. Maybe tell yourself to spend like 5 minutes a day doing it. Maybe even set an alarm to start?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Lazy days happen. I had the same at the end of this challenge.

Good luck getting back to the little bit at a time to move in. I know that can be hard. Maybe tell yourself to spend like 5 minutes a day doing it. Maybe even set an alarm to start?

Yeah, I think my motivation for doing things happens more in the morning for sure. I did get some stuff done this morning before I ate. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tateman said:

Yeah, I think my motivation for doing things happens more in the morning for sure. I did get some stuff done this morning before I ate. :)

Your ahead of me. My motivation says "Oh hey, look at all we could do. but lets do it in a little bit because stuff."

• Like 1

Quick week 4 recap before I recap the challenge.

Goal#1 - Keto + IF + Tracking

07/30 MyFitnessPal - 1726 Calories, 16 net carbs. IF was done.

07/31 MyFitnessPal - 1680 Calories, 33 net carbs (17 net when you take out the quest stuff) IF done

08/01 MyFitnessPal - 1761 Calories, 19 net carbs (15 net subtracting the erythritol) IF Done

08/02 MyFitnessPal - 1605 Calories, 25 net carbs (13 net when subtracting the quest stuff) IF Done

08/03 MyFitnessPal - 1528 Calories, 31 net carbs (15 net when subtracting the quest stuff) IF Done

08/04 MyFitnessPal - 1773 Calories, 29 net carbs (17 net minus the quest) IF Done

08/05 MyFitnessPal - 1538 Calories, 33 net carbs (17 net minus the quest) IF Done

7/7 points

Goal#2 - Sleep and Reading

07/30 - 11:56 pm to 6:57 am. 6 hrs 4 mins. 12 x awake for 57 mins. Reading done

07/31 - 12:28 am to 7:07 am. 6 hrs 6 mins. 11 x awake for 33 mins. Reading done

08/01 - 12:39 am to 7:00 am. 5 hrs 31 mins. 13 x awake for 50 mins. Reading done.

08/02 - 12:17 am to 7:30 am. 6 hrs 35 mins. 20 x awake for 38 mins. Reading done.
08/03 - 12:18 am to 7:01 am. 6 hrs 5 mins. 13 x awake for 38 mins. Reading done.

08/04 - 12:17 am to 6:44 am. 5 hrs 46 mins. 20 x awake for 41 mins. Reading done.

08/05 - 12:28 am to 8:32 am. 7 hrs 36 mins. 18 x awake for 28 mins. Reading done.

28/28 points

Goal#3 - Now Time to Actually Move In

• Setup my wireless router (stuck with xfinity router, but did get it up higher, and rand ethernet)
  • Setup a desk and PC for my youngest. (desk needs to be assembled)
  • Get youngest son's room finished(essentially done. Need to go through some toys, but that is another project)
  • Get my oldest son's room done (hang shelves, get consoles all setup, wall mount some things, seal his window AC)
  • Get my computer area setup (unpacking boxes, and setting up a few things)
  • Hang items in the new place (pictures, Hockey sticks,Hang new shelves, shelves, towel rack)
  • Re-hang kitchen shelves with new anchors (ordered anchors)
  • hang window tint (ordered tint)

Longer time items:

• Go through my baseball cards (most are worthless these days, so time to get through them)
  • Go through comics and board/bag them all (I got some comics from my friend when he died plus what I already had)
  • Sell bowling balls and bags that I don't really use(brought up my balls that I am keeping, the others are in storage)
  • Send off pictures/video tapes to a digitizing service (Like a little bit each month, because it will be expensive!)

It wasn't a lot, but I did get a few items done this week. Re hanging a few things was mostly it . Plus a couple of little things not listed.

5 points

Goal#4 - Don't forget to post

This week I did have a couple of struggles. I missed posting to Nerdfitness one day, and twice on my blog. Otherwise, I managed the rest.

11/14 Points

Goal#5 - Prepare for the future!

No extra done here.

51/54 points total 94%

• Like 3

Well done on this challenge dude!

Seems like it went really well. 

Will you be doing another one for the next round of challenges?

• Like 2

Challenge recap time :)

Ok, the last week was a little harder for me mentally. I just wasn't motivated to get things done that I really wanted too. I did however stay on track with my eating for most of the challenge. Let's dig into the details.

Weightloss

At the start of the challenge, I had crept back up to 300.9 lbs. Weighing in today, I am 281.8 lbs. 19.1 pounds gone this challenge. 83 lbs total since January 1st of this year.

66XvCO7.jpg

I had a thought last night, that I could get to 100 lbs gone before my birthday on November 2nd. Only need 17 more lbs for that goal. That also puts my into striking distance of my lowest recorded weight of 253. (I was like 225 in middle school like 30 years ago) 

Goal#1 - Keto + IF + Tracking

Over the challenge, this was my backbone. I did struggle when I went out of town. Though I struggled with just eating too much keto foods I had with me. If I am going to fail, that was the way to go. (Instead of downing tones of french fries and other fast foods)

I seemed to settle into the 11 am to 6 pm for my eating window. It has worked well. I was hungry a couple of times outside of my window, but nothing major. 

I was also able to eat the quest stuff most of this challenge and see how it might affect me. It seems like it wasn't a major impact. Which I was happy for. :)

Successful goal, and it will be returning in my next challenge. I need to keep making this my #1.

Goal#2 - Sleep and Reading

Mostly did well here too. I think my biggest problem this challenge, was waking up too early. To help curve this, I really need to get the window tint put on our window. Then hopefully, that will help it not be so bright in the room.

I also got my kindle during this challenge. I felt like it did not make anything worse for me. Like starting at a screen before bed. It is also night not having to buy books and store them someplace after I read them. Not as much of a problem when I have space, but in this apartment, not so much.

As I find this goal to be a very important one as well, it will return in the next challenge.

Goal#3 - Now Time to Actually Move In

For the most part, I am happy I got a lot on my list done. At the same time, I feel like I should have gotten more done. As there is still plenty to do around here, this will return next challenge as well. Though I will change it up a bit. Maybe more like "work on this goal each day for 15 minutes at least" or something.

Goal#4 - Don't forget to post

I think I am comfortable enough to drop this goal next challenge. I feel like I pretty much will get here to post, and continue posting on my blog. Maybe I will add it to my to do list of things haha.

Goal#5 - Prepare for the future!

For a goal with no points, I think I did ok here. 

• Figure out a workout routine
  • Register at the Fremont and San Jose libraries
  • Register for classes at the community college

I am going to start up with some workouts from the NerdFitness Academy next challenge. I did enroll in the community college. I just need to get to the libraries. Of course, I need to see about taking some classes too haha.

Challenge total - 195/216 points 90%

90% for this challenge. I'll take it. I feel like I have been progressing, and even minor stumbles are not totally derailing my progress. Everything still seems to be heading in the direction I want.

Now time to get a new challenge post up ASAP. See you all over there!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blethan said:

Well done on this challenge dude!

Seems like it went really well. 

Will you be doing another one for the next round of challenges?

For sure. I need to keep this train moving :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tateman said:

For sure. I need to keep this train moving :)

Ahha that was so strange, I posted JUST before your recap. 

90% is awesome.I'll be sure to (try) and keep up with your next challenge!

• Like 2