Accountability log

Today I walked 2.28 miles and logged my food. I went shopping tonight and picked up some fruit and veg. I want to try sauteeing fresh spinach in a bit of bacon grease. I got a few Honeycrisp apples and some bananas, and a bag of seedless red grapes, as well as some steam-in-bag broccoli.

I am also growing tomatoes, squash, okra, and icebox watermelons on my deck in containers, and there is a small strawberry growing on my strawberry plant. I have an indoor garden where I am growing herbs, and I have a string bean plant that I will plant outside when it's a bit stronger. I'm looking forward to having some garden fresh fruit and veg later this summer.

I got new shoes today. I posted them in my challenge thread. They are Merrell Trail Glove 4s, quite comfortable. I wore them for a while today and look forward to breaking them in tomorrow.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Yesterday I walked 2.29 miles. New shoes feel pretty good! I went to my company's office yesterday and they served lunch; I made myself a salad with chicken. I had a gyro salad for supper. I did have some treats yesterday but I managed to stay under my calorie goal. I also joined my kids at the pool for about a half hour and did some lazy laps. I'm really tired this morning though. I think I will take my walk later this evening when the sun is setting.

Yesterday I postponed my walk until the evening because I wasn't feeling well in the morning. I walked 1.89 miles. It was nice walking in the evening, but I should have started my walk a bit earlier because it was almost dark when I got home. I also logged my food and came in just under my calorie goal. For now I am counting calories until I get a handle on portion sizes again, and until I ease back into Paleo-ish eating. I'm not feeling deprived though, so that's good.

On Friday I did my walk in the morning, and walked 1.9 miles. Later on Friday I went to my tattoo appointment (it was LOOONG). I did alright with my eating, staying under my calorie target and eating salad for dinner. On Saturday I went walking, but I waited too long and by the time I went out, the sun was well and truly out, and my new tat was SCREAMING. I toughed it out though, and walked 2.34 miles. Last night I went to a birthday dinner for a friend. I had a good meal, a slice of cake, and one glass of wine and still stayed under my calorie target. When I got home I went to bed with an ice pack on my tat to reduce the swelling. It felt better this morning, and when I took my walk at 8am, it was blessedly cloudy with a slight breeze. I knocked out 2.66 miles today!

• Like 1

I did not walk today. I was feeling a bit nauseous when I woke up at 6, and opted for more rest. I had intended to walk this evening but some thunderstorms moved through the area this afternoon and all they did was make it a humid soup outside. I tracked my food but went a bit over my calories. Still, I'm not letting this get me down; I'll go for my walk as planned tomorrow morning. Baby steps.

7 hours ago, knifeboots said:

I did not walk today. I was feeling a bit nauseous when I woke up at 6, and opted for more rest. I had intended to walk this evening but some thunderstorms moved through the area this afternoon and all they did was make it a humid soup outside. I tracked my food but went a bit over my calories. Still, I'm not letting this get me down; I'll go for my walk as planned tomorrow morning. Baby steps.

Glad to read that! Baby steps and never missing two in a row! Forward!

• Like 1

Weight (Kg): 142 --> 127.3

Today was a decent day. I stayed under my calorie goal, finished a project for work, and packed up not one but TWO bags of clothes to give away. I also finished the book I've been reading, Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. It was a good book. One that I will probably turn over in my brain for a few days.

Wow, I haven't logged for a few days. Oops.

Thursday - Walked 2.39 miles. Exceeded my calorie goal for the day.

Friday - Walked 1.88 miles. Left for vacation that afternoon.

Saturday (on vacation) - Walked 1.41 miles in the rain (do not recommend). Went past my calorie goal (mmm, beer).

Sunday (on vacation) - Walked about 1/2 mile round trip to/from the beach. Not *really* exercise per se, though walking through sand is a bit of a workout. Had a lovely steak dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans, and a tomato mozzarella caprese.

Monday - did not walk. Long drive home. Over on calories (didn't even bother to count) BUT I did have a nice salad for lunch.

Today - Did my walk (in the rain, ugh). 1.97 miles. Cut it short because of the rain. Haven't eaten yet today (dentist appt shortly). But I will be back to logging my food today.

Overall I had a good weekend. I knew my eating wasn't going to be stellar, but as much as I'm trying to eat healthier and get in shape, I am also working on my relationship with food. I did work on making good choices when they were available, but I also enjoyed myself. I stuck to my walking plan (never miss two in a row) and I will track my food today to get back on track.

I stayed under my calorie goal on Tuesday. (Not eating until lunchtime helped.) Today I walked 1.88 miles. Tomorrow I have to go into the city early for a workshop so I won't be able to walk in the morning, but weather permitting I will walk in the evening.

Wow I haven't posted in a while...

I walked on Wednesday (1.88 miles), but eating wasn't great. (Eating hasn't been wonderful for several days, to be fair, but I'm working on making better choices.) I skipped Thursday because I had to be at a workshop downtown early, which meant that I had to catch the commuter train REALLY early, and I'm not a fan of walking in the dark. To be fair, I probably logged a mile round trip walking from the train station to the workshop site and back. On Friday  I walked 1.84 miles. Saturday I consciously skipped because I was planning to do yard work (which I did, and logged as cardio, nearly 2 hours of pulling weeds and spreading mulch. After we got cleaned up from that, the kids and I went swimming. I actually did swim a lap (slowly and badly). On Sunday I walked 3.37 miles (!), which I promptly wiped out with beer and fried food that afternoon :( but back in the saddle today! I walked 2.09 miles today.

This challenge for me has been about reintroducing activity, daily if possible, back into my schedule. As it is also 4 weeks from the start of the school year, I am also working with my kids to get all 3 of us on a good morning schedule so that the first day of school isn't misery. (Husband goes to work earlier, so I handle the morning routine.) To that end, I'm trying to get up earlier to see both kids off to school, so that I can then take my morning walk and start my work day.

I haven't been very good about posting lately. Mainly because I have been trying to keep personal browsing to a minimum on my work computer, and after I finish work for the day, I'm not necessarily inclined to sit down in front of my personal computer and check in.

This past week I didn't walk every day, but there were only 2 days where I didn't do any fitness activity, and they weren't both in a row. I didn't walk on Thursday because I had to get up early to drive to my client's office, and I didn't walk yesterday (Sunday) because I slept in and it was too hot to walk when I did get up. Also on Saturday we spent several hours moving some stuff from a smaller storage unit to a larger one, and that also involved assembling large shelf units, lifting boxes and storage tubs full of stuff, and weeding stuff out - all in a non-air-conditioned space in the middle of the day. It was a bit on the backbreaking side of things. I did go to the pool yesterday and did lazy laps, but nothing that warranted tracking the activity.

I mostly did well on my challenge. I never did that hike I wanted to do, but part of that was due to scheduling and weather. I'm going to hold off on that until the weather gets cooler. I'm thinking about what I want to set as my goals for my next challenge, and I think this time I will do it in the Ranger guild.

I joined the NF academy last month and I have been working my way through the to-do list. I'm kinda stuck on the "customize your batcave" task (aka Unf**k Your Habitat) because there are just SO MANY THINGS I need to do to make that happen, and not all of them are under my control at the moment. I may have to do that task in bits and pieces.

Anyway, time to take younger kid to their piano lesson.

Eyyy, I'm checking in again :) Today I walked 2.23 miles, and I managed to roll out of bed a little earlier to do it, but it was still oppressively muggy out - 92% humidity at 6:45AM. Ugh.

I tracked all my food yesterday but I still ate too much. I need to get better about that. I started reading the Nutrition quests in NF Academy, which I think will help me focus on healthier food choices. I've been eating my exercise calories lately and I'm thinking I shouldn't do that unless I'm really hungry, because I don't know how accurate that "calories burned" number is. Plus my exercise calories are only an extra 300 or so a day, which in the grand scheme isn't a lot.

Since last challenge was more focused on being active again, this challenge will probably have more of a nutrition focus, in addition to staying on a damn schedule. The schedule thing HAS to happen this challenge because school starts for my kids in less than 3 weeks, and if I don't get MY schedule sorted, trying to get THEM up on time is gonna suck.

I haven't walked yet today. Older son was out with his friends last night and didn't get home until 12:30am, which meant I didn't get to bed until almost 1am, and sleep was a priority this morning. I also woke up a couple times last night so it wasn't a restful sleep.

Still ate more than I should have yesterday; I'm having a hard time cutting out dessert after supper.

Goals for today are to go walking at some point, providing it's not storming outside, try to cut out dessert after dinner, and get to bed no later than 11pm.

I did not end up walking on Wednesday. It was kind of a crappy day and I spent most of the afternoon trying to sleep off a horrendous headache. On Thursday I walked 2.23 miles but went over my calorie allotment for the day (including exercise calories). Today I walked 1.89 miles (and I got up earlier, hooray!), but once again I was laid low this afternoon with headaches and fatigue. Not sure what's going on.  I need to schedule a follow-up appointment with my GP to check my blood pressure, TSH, and other stuff. Might need to push bedtime earlier, to 10pm. Definitely need to cut my screen time earlier in the evening as well. I'm working on setting up a good space for reading/crocheting in my living room (where there is no TV) so that perhaps I can unwind better in the evenings.