• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grom

Newb Starting with Posture

Hey everybody! I wanna work on my posture but I'd like someone to tell me exactly what's wrong. I posted some images. Do I have winged scapulae, anterior pelvic tilt, rounded shoulders, nerd neck, inward foot or any other postural problem and how can I go about fixing them. Also, my arms are really long and they tend to hang in front of my body when I stay relaxed; is it normal? I know I'm a skinny, postural mess. It's because I've been a nerd all my life and haven't even thought about working out up until now. But you gotta start somewhere lol :)). I just joined this forum so I figured I would post it here since I reckon form check is all about posture. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Posture_front.jpg

Posture_Side.png

36883420_2186668478042451_56426983982104576_n.jpg

36861928_2186668541375778_6174796957299507200_n.jpg

On 7/10/2018 at 10:00 AM, Grom said:

Hey everybody! I wanna work on my posture but I'd like someone to tell me exactly what's wrong. I posted some images. Do I have winged scapulae, anterior pelvic tilt, rounded shoulders, nerd neck, inward foot or any other postural problem and how can I go about fixing them. Also, my arms are really long and they tend to hang in front of my body when I stay relaxed; is it normal? I know I'm a skinny, postural mess. It's because I've been a nerd all my life and haven't even thought about working out up until now. But you gotta start somewhere lol :)). I just joined this forum so I figured I would post it here since I reckon form check is all about posture. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Honestly, I think you have skinnyitis. Pull your shoulders back and stick out your chest. DId that fix your posture? If so, then getting stronger lats will probably get you more in that position as your base posture. Best way to do that is pull ups, cable rows, and barbell rows. This also helps with the arms hanging in front vs at your sides.

As for all the other stuff, yes, you have a little anterior pelvic tilt. Strengthening hamstrings with deadlifts or straight leg deadlifts can help there.

Form check is more about checking form on specific exercises. The fist thing to do when getting here is to figure out what type of working out you enjoy and joining the guild that follows that scheme. I'm a warrior, or lifter of heavy things, so that's why I give you all lifting solutions to your problem. Monks would probably recommend yoga stuff, rangers a plethora of weight and bodywiehgt exercises, etc. Scouts would probably tell you to run with your shoulders back? Don't know on that front, warriors don't run much.

• Like 1