D&D Character Stats in Your Signatures?

Hello!

So this is totally insignificant I'm sure...but for some reason I'm harping on it.

I've noticed some people have character stats in their signatures and I think that is SUPER cool.  How did you all determine it?  Was it from a NF article I missed or did you all just decide to start at a number and randomly give yourselves' stats when you feel like you deserve it?

I gotta know.

4 hours ago, Avielle said:

Hello!

So this is totally insignificant I'm sure...but for some reason I'm harping on it.

I've noticed some people have character stats in their signatures and I think that is SUPER cool.  How did you all determine it?  Was it from a NF article I missed or did you all just decide to start at a number and randomly give yourselves' stats when you feel like you deserve it?

I gotta know.

It's a super old school Forum challenge metric.  Way back in the day we had 6 week challenges rather than the 4 week ones, and part of the challenges involved picking your goals and assigning stats to them that you would gain if you successfully completed the challenge.  They abandoned it a couple years back, but a few people kept going with them or just kept the stats in their signatures for fun/posterity.

If I recall, it was the semi-typical D&D start, spreading I think 25 points between the stats that made up, well, you.  And then from there challenges would have 20 points you could distribute between 4 goals that you would then award yourself as you successfully completed the challenges.  This was my first challenge way back in the day, and you can see that I have conditions for getting those stat points.  Go to the last page, and you'll see my self-grading and how many points I awarded myself for completion.

It was a pretty fun metric, and people can still do it.  It just stopped being the "official method" in order to streamline the challenges and make them a bit more accessible.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

18 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

It's a super old school Forum challenge metric.  Way back in the day we had 6 week challenges rather than the 4 week ones, and part of the challenges involved picking your goals and assigning stats to them that you would gain if you successfully completed the challenge.  They abandoned it a couple years back, but a few people kept going with them or just kept the stats in their signatures for fun/posterity.

If I recall, it was the semi-typical D&D start, spreading I think 25 points between the stats that made up, well, you.  And then from there challenges would have 20 points you could distribute between 4 goals that you would then award yourself as you successfully completed the challenges.  This was my first challenge way back in the day, and you can see that I have conditions for getting those stat points.  Go to the last page, and you'll see my self-grading and how many points I awarded myself for completion.

It was a pretty fun metric, and people can still do it.  It just stopped being the "official method" in order to streamline the challenges and make them a bit more accessible.

Ohhh thank you so much!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Avielle said:

Ohhh thank you so much!!!

Ah!  I was looking for this thread that detailed the D&D stuff:

Man, the olden days....

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School