Food Log

Breakfast - 09:15

20180918_091414.jpg.aa8ebd0606d63ce624c3981cde5f8964.jpg

Low fat cottage cheese, satsuma and banana

I love how the sweet fruit complements the salty cheese! Yummy

Lunch - 14:45

20180918_144555.jpg.61b90eebcb0f5aa54b3ecb63c56cf538.jpg

Sweet potato hash with eggs and sauerkraut

Wow! This was really good! Especially the hash with eggs on top. Had to add some regular potatoes to the has as well, because I didn't have enough sweet potato. But that might actually have made it even better than with just sweet potato :) This was a recipe I found on the NF Academy pages.

Dinner - 19:30

20180918_193312.jpg.d0dd68e60f8c66c3cd4e7ea8fb5a55ee.jpg

Cauliflower alfredo with protein pasta

This cauliflower sauce came out so much better than the last one I made! This one I actually look forward to eating again! This was a very creamy and tasty pasta dish I'd love to eat more often! Also tried a new variation on my protein pasta recipe. Both what ingredients I used, and how I made it. This way of making it was much easier and faster, but I think the texture might have been a little bit better last time. More experimentation is in order!

Evening snack - 21:40

20180918_214048.jpg.aa165e13b8a3ce886baa77bc80026a48.jpg

The rest of the satsuma from breakfast, and the rest of the casein pudding from yesterday

Served the pudding straight out of the bowl I mixed it in. Not the most appetizing presentation perhaps... But now that it had been sitting almost 24 hours in the fridge the pudding was much thicker, and actually deserves its "pudding" name. Will definitely be making casein pudding again! Next time I'll try it with just water instead of milk.

Fitness Log

Morning walk

847879689_Screenshot_20180918-154826_SportsTracker.jpg.8fe250af42a9ae1a4cc73fe456041480.jpg

Workout

Did the NF warm up and cool down, just to repeat the exercises/movements to try to learn them by heart

Completed Quests

Nutrition: Try a Nerd Fitness Recipe #1 - 25 XP

Today's lunch was from a NF recipe, https://academy.nerdfitness.com/recipes/sweet-potato-hash-with-fried-eggs/

As I said already, it was super good. And quick and easy to make too! Looking forward to trying more of the NF recipes :)

This particular recipe actually originally comes from nom nom paleo, so even if you aren't paying for the NF Academy you can still make this super tasty meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner Plate

nomnom.jpg.b90dbfe8cf41e3185913f51bb93ac5d0.jpg

https://nomnompaleo.com/post/19886925277/sweet-potato-hash-with-fried-eggs

Miscellaneous

Today I went to my eating disorder psychologist/therapist for the first time in a long while. It was a pretty good session. And I got some homework to do for our next meeting, which is in about 2.5 weeks. She wanted me to write down all situations where I feel I eat to much or feel anxiety/stress from now on and until we meet again. I should take note of the situation, how I feel, who I'm with, what kind of food is served, how it's served (buffé, at the table, on a different table, individual portions, etc), if I try any strategy to lower my anxiety, how well that works in that case, if there was anything else I could have tried, if I have any idea why I feel like I have to/want to over eat, and anything else I might find relevant. Then we'll discuss that and see if we can come up with any strategies to handle those situations.

• Like 3

I am glad that the meeting with your psychologist went well and I like her homework for you! :D

I think this is a good idea.

And the sweet potato thing looks great even if I don't like sweet potato that much (ok, fries are ok :D the sweet-saltyness then, hmmmm).

My boyfriend does the same with pasta and eggs. Tastes great (even if I don't like pasta a lot ;) ).

• Like 1

Day 69

Wednesday, 19/9

Food Log

Breakfast - 08:15

20180919_081704.jpg.371597bd167718f4f2473c56e1984e33.jpg

Quark, Greek yogurt, kefir, mixed frozen berries, walnuts and pumpkin seeds

I was really hungry this morning, so I had to eat my breakfast earlier than I usually do.

Lunch - 13:30

20180919_132313.jpg.eff7b88e556a428b0cab250500c1916f.jpg

Sweet potato crust ham pie with a cauliflower salad

The weather was super nice today, so I got to enjoy the last leftovers of the sweet potato crust pie outdoors. Loved it!

Dinner - 18:20

20180919_182036.jpg.90f4c4e18766752a48f541b3e28fd94c.jpg

Cauliflower alfredo with protein pasta

Just nuked some leftovers for dinner as well. Love leftovers. Quick "cooking" FTW :D

Evening snack - 21:00

20180919_205601.jpg.37393c07a8811746503e491fc0534677.jpg

Ants on a log

Never heard of this until I stumbled upon it in the NF recipe index. Got curious by the name and had to click on it. It's celery stalks with almond butter, topped with raisins. 

Now, I like celery, but it can be pretty over powering if you get too much of it. But it worked really well with the almond butter and the sweetness from the raisins! I still prefer it on a toast with sliced fresh strawberries (obviously). But for a healthier snack this was pretty great! :) If you have a really keen eye you'll notice that there is a slightly different color to the almond butter on the different "logs". That's because I used two different butters. One home made and one bought. Guess which one tasted better? The home made of course! The reason is that the home made is made with roasted almond where as the the bought one was a "raw" almond butter. I've had a hard time finishing the home made one though, because I made a small mistake when I roasted the almonds. I roasted them on a pan I had previously roasted chicken on. So there is a slight aftertaste of grilled chicken to the almond butter Rolling on the Floor Laughing But with the celery I couldn't really taste that. So it was perfect! Yummy

Fitness Log

Morning walk

357499158_Screenshot_20180919-214149_SportsTracker.jpg.8ad5d355d51f35df53a0d5bf213d6dfc.jpg

Workout

NF Bodyweight workout 4A

I did this:

Started with: "Air Jump Rope Singles" - 3 sets of 30 seconds (i.e. no actual jump rope)

4 rounds
Bodyweight Squat - 15 reps (20 reps last round)
Divebomber Pushup - 5 reps
Elastic Band Rows - 15 reps

Finished with: Hanging Leg Raise - 10 reps + 15 reps, with bent legs

Finished Quests

Complete 10 Assisted Squats - 25 XP

Did assisted squats instead of body weight squats for my warm up routine, just to complete this quest Weight Lifting

Mindset: Gimme The Loot! - 25 XP

Decided on some loot, and decided how I'll use it for my current four week challenge. Can't wait to get my hands on it! :D 

Miscellaneous

I've been feeling pretty crappy today. No energy at all :( I have a cold. Stuffy nose, sore throat. Keep having to blow my nose, and I cough all the time. Really drains me of a lot of will to do anything. And I feel tired. Will go to bed earlier today, and hope I feel better tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Arkania said:

I am glad that the meeting with your psychologist went well and I like her homework for you! :D

+1. This is great ! And I like your homework too. Wish you plenty of fun on the way. :-)

• Like 3

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

18 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Today I went to my eating disorder psychologist/therapist for the first time in a long while. It was a pretty good session.

Hooray! I'm glad you went back to your therapist. Hopefully she'll be able to help you overcome your bingeing and develop a healthier relationship with food.

That sweet potato hash looks soooo good! :O I was inspired, so I went to the store and bought sweet potatoes and eggs. Hopefully I'll make this soon!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Jett said:

That sweet potato hash looks soooo good!

Ohh, it truly was! Especially with the eggs. Breaking the yoke and letting it drip down in to the hash made for the perfect creamy sauce Yummy And that habanero tabasco sauce [1] to kick up the heat level a bit was great too!

7 hours ago, Jett said:

I was inspired, so I went to the store and bought sweet potatoes and eggs.

Yay! This is what I want! I want to inspire with my food photos! Plate

7 hours ago, Jett said:

Hopefully I'll make this soon!

Do it! :D 

[1] https://www.tabasco.com/product/habanero-sauce/

tabasco.jpg.a695fdf85cca446b957d89c63981a564.jpg

• Like 1

Day 70

Thursday, 20/9

Going to a restaurant

Food Log

Breakfast - 10:40

20180920_104100.jpg.45db01be0481a02431b206c548779225.jpg

Cottage cheese, pineapple and satsuma

Snack - 13:30

A piece of celery. A slice of an apple with peanut butter.

I wasn't planning to eat this, but the rest of the family were hungry, so I prepared it for them, and without thinking about taking a photo first I tasted some of it too.

Lunch - 15:10

20180920_150957.jpg.bb98bac5d2da5730a4fd77e050688a74.jpg

Beetroot patties with parmesan, salad with roasted cachews, feta cheese and Greek yogurt

The beetroot patties were very juicy. Probably because of all the parmesan cheese in them :D 

Could have eaten more patties, but since my wife and I had a table booked at a restaurant for dinner I didn't want to eat too much.

Dinner - 19:30

20180920_191947.jpg.d9fa064d42b4a80cd5bc5bf53253b1af.jpg

Yep, that's our table :D Funny how they wrote all table reservations straight on the tables :) 

20180920_193207.jpg.281cc7f8c646297762b10442db337b77.jpg

20180920_193222.jpg.6443ad887ac44434bec9e9573a3b0688.jpg

This dish was called the "Nam Slam Sandwich"

"Sourdough bread, salad, paté, ginger fried tofu, coriander, sriracha, pickled carrot & daikon radish"

I was really looking forward to the foot at this place. They had a lot of interesting sounding dishes on their menu. It's a vegan restaurant, so unfortunately a lot of the dishes are really low on protein. This one at least had tofu in it. It wasn't very much, but what was there was at least very tasty :) I also asked to switch the bread for some portobello mushroom instead, and that was no problem. Even got an extra cap with some chili and garlic herbal oil on it. Was super tasty!

The food was all very tasty, but I still left kind of unsatisfied. When we go out and eat we usually always order a three course meal. So I'm kind of expecting to leave a restaurant really full, and I'm expecting to finish the meal with a good dessert. This time I wanted to try the healthier option (that's also one of the reasons why I switched out the bread). So I know this is better for me (at least my body). But still I left wanting more :( As I said, I left unsatisfied... Really would have been nice with a dessert! Don't know how to handle this for the future...

After eating we stayed at the restaurant because there was a stand-up comedy show that evening :) And after the show we stayed even longer and played a table top game together. All in all it was a very nice evening to share with my wife (it was one of my birthday presents for her). But, as I said, still felt weird about the food...

My wife had garlic bread with hummus

20180920_193228.jpg.e3af6f9ad8fb5b356d58e9e178a48790.jpg

The bread was apparently very good :) 

Evening meal - 21:45

20180920_214303.jpg.2bb9fed1cb47732e40d7dd2bbcfcf906.jpg

Protein pudding and green tea

Both lunch and dinner were a bit low on protein, so I had a protein pudding in the evening.  This is something I would have skipped, if I didn't feel accountable to you guys because of my four week challenge where I have a goal of trying to eat a little bit more protein!

Fitness Log

Morning walk

1939349212_Screenshot_20180921-233623_SportsTracker.jpg.59238a74bcd282a26c576ac6a91e1e96.jpg

Workout

Did the warm up and cool down routines to try to learn them by heart. I almost forgot all about doing them! But at 23:30 I thankfully remembered :) I remembered the full warm up! Weight Lifting Still have a lot to try to remember for the cool down though...

Completed Quests

Nutrition: Order vegetables! - 25 XP

Yeah, so I switched the starch (sourdough bread in this case) for the mushroom instead. Might not technically be a vegetable, but I still feel I can check this off as completed. The point is to not order the carbs/starch heavy part of the meal, and that's exactly what I did. 

Nutrition: Make a Restaurant Plan - 25 XP

I had studied the menu extensively, trying to decide what dish to order, and what starch swap to make. I also picked a restaurant where I felt I could more easily make a healthier choice than the restaurants I'd normally go to. And I had already before going decided not to order a dessert - something totally unheard of previously!

• Like 1

Day 71

Friday, 21/9

Visiting friends

Food Log

Breakfast - 11:20

20180921_112030.jpg.c97656c7b7a53bf9971c40e00965d3f7.jpg

Thin crispbread with egg and kaviar

Bowl with vanilla quark, kefir and strawberries

Still not feeling well. Sore throat, stuffy nose and coughing. So I decided to sleep in today. Hence the late breakfast.

Lunch - 15:40

20180921_153802.jpg.2bb0086271588d7f394240e770a56802.jpg

Egg white omelett with deli ham. Mixed vegetables.

Normally I would have skipped this meal, as I knew we'd be going to friends where we would get lots of food.

But since I have a challenge going to eat at least three meals per day I had this for lunch/dinner.

20180921_181756.jpg.d1f1f58c59399f30b991c87731cc60d1.jpg

Roe deer meatballs, potato, gravy, lingonberry jam, boiled carrots and a salad with a vinegrette

We were visiting friends, and the man in the house is a hunter, so we got meatballs made from the meat of a deer he had shot himself. What you see in the photo is just my first serving. I had a second serving too, that was just as big. Plus a few meatballs as snacks, just because they were so good :) At this point I wasn't as full as I usually is after eating with friends. I was full, but not overly so, like I often get. I wish I could be happy at this point.

Dessert - 20:00

20180921_200138.jpg.3741d64e55391bcc62719b5d7d0ebb59.jpg

Ice cream with candied pecans, caramel sauce and sliced banana.

What you see in the photo is serving one of three. I had probably eaten half the container of ice cream at this point. I could easily had eaten the rest of the container too, but I managed to stop myself.

When we got home from our visit at about 10:30 pm I still wasn't satisfied from the dessert, so I had a couple of cookies and spent some time on the computer. At about midnight my wife went to bed. And then it started. I went out to the kitchen and started digging in the fridge and in the cupboards for all and everything sweet and/or fatty to eat. Jam, cookies, peanut butter, almond butter, cheese, crackers, honey, milk, cereals, cream, butter, etc... It wasn't fully as bad as my previous apple cheesecake episode, but it was pretty bad :( 

Fitness Log

Morning walk

1068994168_Screenshot_20180921-233623_SportsTracker.jpg.ff80c91bedb5364ebafd47ec6a44aae0.jpg

Workout

NF body weight workout 4B

Warm up: Steve's warm up. Remembered all the steps today again! I think I know this one by heart now.

4 rounds
Assisted One Leg Squat - 10 reps (9/5 unassisted, 1/5 assisted), (10/9 unassisted, 0/1 assisted), 10 unassisted, 10 unassisted
Assisted Straight Arm Support - 30 second hold first round, 60 second remaining rounds
Wall Slides - 15 reps

Finished with: Bar Hang - One-handed, 30 second hang each hand

Cool down: Staci's cool down - Remembered the first 9 steps. Then I had to cheat and look at the pdf...

Completed Quests

Fitness: Morning Mile #3 - 150 XP

Fitness: Walk to Mordor #2 - 150 XP

Just went back and looked. I've been doing my morning walk, which is always longer than 5 minutes, and always longer than 1 mile, for more than thirty days now. So I can check these quests off! :) 

• Like 1

May it be that sugar is the problem when you binge?

I think the last times were also after sweets, right?

18 hours ago, Tobbe said:

We were visiting friends, and the man in the house is a hunter, so we got meatballs made from the meat of a deer he had shot himself. What you see in the photo is just my first serving. I had a second serving too, that was just as big. Plus a few meatballs as snacks, just because they were so good :) At this point I wasn't as full as I usually is after eating with friends. I was full, but not overly so, like I often get. I wish I could be happy at this point.

What you see in the photo is serving one of three. I had probably eaten half the container of ice cream at this point. I could easily had eaten the rest of the container too, but I managed to stop myself.

When we got home from our visit at about 10:30 pm I still wasn't satisfied from the dessert, so I had a couple of cookies and spent some time on the computer. At about midnight my wife went to bed. And then it started. I went out to the kitchen and started digging in the fridge and in the cupboards for all and everything sweet and/or fatty to eat. Jam, cookies, peanut butter, almond butter, cheese, crackers, honey, milk, cereals, cream, butter, etc... It wasn't fully as bad as my previous apple cheesecake episode, but it was pretty bad :( 

Hmm, so I noticed a few things this time when you described what happened with the binge. Tell me if I'm off base here...

Your bingeing is definitely triggered by eating sweets, and your eating of sweets is tied to social situations. You feel like you can/should eat sweet things and extra servings of things when you're at a party or visiting with people. Which is kind of true! Social situations are the time to let yourself eat things you normally wouldn't. But it seems like maybe once you "allow" yourself to start eating extra portions and sweets, you have a really hard time turning off that attitude of "I'm allowed to do this... but just for tonight..."

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seems like you know that you have to go back to normal eating after the party/visit, so you start wanting to cram in as much stuff as you can while you can still make an excuse for it. So this time you were somewhat restrained in the amount that you had for dinner and desert. But because you were restrained, it's almost like that triggered something in your head that wanted to take full advantage of being "allowed" to eat sweets today?

I do want to call attention to something, though: You managed to stop yourself from eating all the ice cream! Even though the benefits were overshadowed by your sweet & fatty foods binge later, it's still a small victory! Examine that - why were you able to stop then, but not later?

• Like 4
53 minutes ago, Jett said:

Hmm, so I noticed a few things this time when you described what happened with the binge. Tell me if I'm off base here...

I think you're pretty much spot on!

Your bingeing is definitely triggered by eating sweets, and your eating of sweets is tied to social situations. You feel like you can/should eat sweet things and extra servings of things when you're at a party or visiting with people. Which is kind of true! Social situations are the time to let yourself eat things you normally wouldn't. But it seems like maybe once you "allow" yourself to start eating extra portions and sweets, you have a really hard time turning off that attitude of "I'm allowed to do this... but just for tonight..."

Yep, true. I know that I can't eat like that very often. If I do I'll get really fat, really fast.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seems like you know that you have to go back to normal eating after the party/visit, so you start wanting to cram in as much stuff as you can while you can still make an excuse for it.

Yes. I want to enjoy the food as much as possible while it's there. As soon as the party is over all that great food will be gone from the list of things I eat.

So this time you were somewhat restrained in the amount that you had for dinner and desert. But because you were restrained, it's almost like that triggered something in your head that wanted to take full advantage of being "allowed" to eat sweets today?

Sometimes, when being subjected to bad food several times, it feels like I can restrain myself at the start. But it takes so much energy and will power, that later, all of my fighting power against the bad food is gone. Then I don't have the energy left to say "no" to anything.

I do want to call attention to something, though: You managed to stop yourself from eating all the ice cream! Even though the benefits were overshadowed by your sweet & fatty foods binge later, it's still a small victory! Examine that - why were you able to stop then, but not later?

That's easy. I simply don't find ice cream all that tasty. Had it been something I enjoyed more I wouldn't have stopped. Same with the main course. It was good. It was especially good with the roe deer meatballs. But, if you get right down to it, "Meatballs, gravy and potatoes" is like the hallmark Swedish "Average Joe" weeknight dinner. If it had been something more fancy I would have eaten more. Meatballs I can really eat any day I feel like it. 

• Like 1

Day 72

Saturday, 22/9

Apple pie

Food Log

Breakfast - 09:30

20180923_114959.jpg.3add14a5d9c8b29b9a462584bedadc8d.jpg

Cup of black tea

I was still full from the late night binge yesterday, so I skipped breakfast. Only had a cup of tea to keep the rest of the family company at the breakfast table.

Lunch - 13:15

20180922_131358.jpg.a90392a5709a671d9e04d3975758d494.jpg

Protein pasta with cauliflower alfredo sauce and fried parasol mushroom. Side salad.

Found a nice parasol mushroom during my morning walk a couple of days ago. I fried that up and had it with lunch today. It went really well with the alfredo sauce! Yummy

20180922_182030.jpg.b3798a008da65b147043a2c621b8ebc4.jpg

Beet root patties, Greek yogurt and a salad

Had two patties today instead of one, like yesterday. To offset that I skipped the feta cheese and the cashew nuts. So a better fat/protein ratio. But also more kcal in total probably (haven't calculated the macros, so not 100% sure...) But the main reason was to get more protein (almost three times as much protein in 100 g parmesan compared to 100 g feta cheese).

Evening snack - 21:30

20180922_212306.jpg.08e6a995d8514815a7e0a51893e1288e.jpg

Apple pie with a crispy caramel oats topping, served with ice cream, whipped cream and vanilla sauce (serving one of two)

My wife said she really wanted to bake an apple pie, and asked if I was ok with that. My plan for today was to eat really healthy, after yesterday's binge and all... But as I've said before - pie is one of my absolute favorite bad-for-you food. So I said she could bake it if she wanted. And I could tell how happy she was by that. And it turned out to be a really nice family moment in the kitchen where we got the kids involved in the baking as well.

Later, that night when we ate it she once again mentioned how much she had enjoyed baking it for the family, and how much she loved sharing it with me in front of the TV, watching a good movie, drinking a nice cup of warm tea and just relaxing.

Might look excessive with both whipped cream, vanilla ice cream and vanilla sauce, but I wanted to do a little experiment and see what tasted best with the pie. The vanilla sauce is fake sauce, made from powder that you just mix with milk (I also used some cream). Proper creme anglaise would obviously have tasted way better. But anyway, vanilla ice cream was best :) For my second serving I compared ice cream with chantilly cream. Ice cream still wins, but it was a pretty close second. Had the pie crust been less sweet I think the chantilly cream (or a proper creme anglaise) would have won.

The recipe for the pie was for eight servings. We ate half of it (she probably had 1/3 of it "our" half, and I had 2/3), and saved the other half for the kids to eat the day after. Once again though, I woke up in the middle of the night, and was really close to go out in the kitchen and have some more pie. But 1. I would also have had to go down in the basement to the freezer we have there to get the ice cream, so it was a bit too much work (and risk of getting caught in the act). and 2. I remember how bad I felt about the whole night eating thing last time, and I most definitely did not want to feel like that again. So I didn't do it this time.

Fitness Log

Morning walk

1874602011_Screenshot_20180923-122731_SportsTracker.jpg.7ea3298b2ccd23a6149a327af5c579e0.jpg

I've been really strict about doing my morning walk before doing anything else previously, but today I actually did my morning walk after breakfast (the cup of tea). The nice thing about that today was that my wife could join me for the walk :) (That's why it was a much slower pace than usually too)

Workout

Warm up and cool down routines

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

So I didn't do it this time.

This is a really good achievement!

It will take a lot of baby steps to get to a "normal" level with sweets (if you don't want to cut them out completely) and it will take time.

But realising what you do (first step) and then changing it (second step) will lead to success. It's all about the mind set.

There will be throwbacks but you will achieve succes, I am sure about that!

See, what only thinking (and writing here) about the problem (and reading articels) already did!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arkania said:

It's all about the mind set.

Yeah, it's all in my head, I know that. But it's so hard to change!

I'll do what I can do get there though!

2 hours ago, Arkania said:

See, what only thinking (and writing here) about the problem (and reading articels) already did!

Yeah, and YouTube videos has helped too!

And not only thinking/writing about it, but "talking" with everyone here too! I.e. not only writing it out, but also getting answers back, and getting others perspective on things

• Like 2

That pie looks yummy. I think it is a good thing since your wife really likes bakes to make sure  you allow yourself to enjoy it on occasion.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 9/22/2018 at 10:45 PM, Arkania said:

May it be that sugar is the problem when you binge?

14 hours ago, Jett said:

Your bingeing is definitely triggered by eating sweets

You both mention this, and I think you're both right.

Do any of you have any further advice on how to handle this? What should I do with this insight?

• Like 1

I'm afraid that means cutting it out completely.

That works for the most people with that problem.

Do you know this site: https://brainoverbinge.com/

Also maybe this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3161588 and that https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2714381 may help, just overflew it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look later. I have cut sugar out completely for periods. But that makes sugar a forbidden food, and my (at least my previous) eating disorder psychologist said that it's not good to have forbidden food. That you will just focus on it even more if it's forbidden. And a lot of what I've read says that no food should be forbidden, you should only try to eat less of some food, and more of other.

Not to mention what my wife thinks about the "disturbed" behavior of not eating sugar... (Or having any other forbidden foods)

• Like 1

Day 73

Sunday, 23/9

Food Log

Brunch - 10:50

20180923_105040.jpg.2f01255b2a73e0ebfc5430744a7ae8a4.jpg

Potato hash with egg and hot sauce

Had some left over hash from the other day. So I just fried up an egg and topped it with my home cooked carrot chili hot sauce/salsa. The sweet carrot flavor went really well with the salty hash and egg :) 

Dinner - 16:30 

20180923_163325.jpg.04cce0f7f626a4c1778c2fa8c6ecfc2e.jpg

Cauliflower fried rice with kimchi and a fried egg (plus egg mixed in with the fried "rice")

Evening meal - 20:30

20180923_202954.jpg.03ce0141ad904b561f7117e5f4b1c8e1.jpg

Protein bar, an apple and a cup of tea

I was flying to our Stockholm office and needed something I could eat on the plane, so I grabbed a "Strawberry Cheesecake" protein bar and an apple. That protein bar was pretty bad, but it got the job done... (i.e. filling me up with some protein to go with the carbs in the apple).

"An apple a day - keeps the doctor away"? I sure hope so. Getting really tired of this cold/cough now...

Fitness Log

Morning walk

656589960_Screenshot_20180923-122731_SportsTracker.jpg.6711765d0edaf4974de7fa7132962fa6.jpg

Workout

Only did the cool down/stretching today, right before going to bed. You can read more about how that went in my four week challenge thread

• Like 2

Eggs and fried rice looks nice, I've never actually tried cauliflower before though. And how many carbs are in an apple you think? Apple's are like 99% water, right? Oh well, it's good for you so that's a great decision, congrats on eating healthy.  

What do you get when you cross a flower with a border

collie?

Spoiler

One dead flower and a very messy eater.

21 hours ago, Tobbe said:

You both mention this, and I think you're both right.

Do any of you have any further advice on how to handle this? What should I do with this insight?

7 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look later. I have cut sugar out completely for periods. But that makes sugar a forbidden food, and my (at least my previous) eating disorder psychologist said that it's not good to have forbidden food. That you will just focus on it even more if it's forbidden. And a lot of what I've read says that no food should be forbidden, you should only try to eat less of some food, and more of other.

Not to mention what my wife thinks about the "disturbed" behavior of not eating sugar... (Or having any other forbidden foods)

Haha, my suggestion is the exact opposite of Mel's and for the reason mentioned above (not having a forbidden food).

My suggestion is to have one night a week where your wife will bake something for the whole family. That means you too, Tobbe! Every week!

But the important part of this is, ask her to bake just enough that everyone gets one, maybe two servings. No leftovers!

If she's willing to try that, then the idea is that you know you can have something sweet every week. But there won't be enough of it to binge on afterwards. So you can eat just a little less on that particular day of the week in preparation for eating that sweet thing, and then you can have just a normal portion of it. So no more "I won't be able to have this ever again" because you can ask her to make it the next week or the week after. No more "I can't ever eat like this except on special occasions" because it's a regular part of your week. It's basically practicing having sweet/baked things as part of your normal life, without it turning into a binge.

However, I would say, don't start doing this until you've had a long talk with your therapist! If she likes it, great. Probably she'll have a better suggestion, or maybe she will agree with Mel. Your therapist, with input from you, is going to be the one who knows the best way to approach your particular situation.

• Like 3