Hello to everyone! I'm Ingagr, just turned 38 and been overweighted for 15 years. Back then I used to play rugby, strenght train and low speed medium distance running for cardio three times a week. I got married, a degree in forestry engineering, a house, a couple of dogs and a small pack of cats. I quit all my sporty activities, settle down as sedentary and started gaining weight. One good new: four years ago I managed to quit smoking. Now I feel I can move forward and begin training and building healthy habits. So I sign up at a gym (functional, bodyweight train, strength train and cardio mostly) by june (winter here deep south america in Argentina) and two weeks ago I started to take care of my nutrition. I am not going in any restrictive diet. Opposite to that I eat whatever I want, "just" measuring myself in the quantities I eat. Of course "whatever I want" does not mean junky food, sugars, sodas, etc. I am trying to take baby steps, one by one, building healthy habits, focusing in changes rather than objectives. For example: my objectives are not weight losing but not to skip my workouts and take care of my meals. Weight loss will be a consequense of my objective but not an objective itself.

My height is 1.88 m (sorry to Americans, I use metric system :chuncky: ). I started with a weight of 135,5 kg and today I am 130,8 kg.

Weekend was fine, went hiking everyday with my dogs to the park a few blocks near my house, care about meals. Saturday night I ate home made pizza (a tradition here) and a half liter can of beer. As I said, I do not any restrictive diet! 

Today I made my bed early in the morning after waking up, went to work and after I'm going to gym to workout.

I will try to keep this log updated daily.

Thank you all for the support.

For the rebellion!

panza.jpg

• Like 1

Weight (Kg): 142 --> 127.3

Eaten today

6  bran crackers with mate

10 small berries

Vegetables stew with 100g beef

2 kiwis and half orange

6 bran crackers

1 homemade yogurt

1 gluten free rice cracker

Vegetables soup

Hardworking in the forest with the saw

Hour and half of gym workout.

This is me today with 131 kg (thought I was 9 moons pregnant but nope)

Yesterday I fell down. Did't eat fast food nor something like that but had extra racion of healthy food: gluten free rice crackers and low fat cottage cheese. Won't loose two in a row. Quickly got on the road again.

July 19

6 bran crackers with mate

Chicken with arugula salad

2 kiwis

(Untracked hunger rage)

Pork with pumkin

11 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Nice going on the weight loss! And well done on doing both gym workouts and running!

How do you make your yogurt? I've been wanting to try making yogurt myself, but it's just too cheap and easy to just buy in the store that I never get around to it...

Thanks Tobbe!

To make my yoghurt I use an old electric device like a yoghurt maker or whatchamacallit! (See pictures) You mix a litre of skim milk with a yoghurt, to inoculate the bacteria that are going to ferment the milk, serve the mix in jars and put them in the device overnight at 37° C. You wake up and got the yoghurt ready!

IMG_20180817_193407563.jpg

IMG_20180817_193427315.jpg

IMG_20180817_193445111.jpg

August 17

Bran crackers (100cal) with mate

Quince pie

Rizotto (Rice with vegetables and mushrooms)

1 banana

Bran crackers (100cal) with mate

90min functional training

Homemade skim yogurt

Vegetables salad

2 or 3 glasses of wine

Chocolate coockies (100cal)

Weight: 126.3 kg

Week loose: 1.3 kg

Total loose: 9.2kg