A Beer Gut Without the Beer

This morning when I was getting dressed for work, I could not button the pants I chose. Grabbed another pair. Couldn't button them either. The third pair was just right, and I was like, "This is like a sad version of Obese Goldilocks and the Three Pairs of Pants!"

The sad thing is, my overweight-ness is not distributed evenly about my body. If you were to look at me from the side, starting at my head and letting your eyes drift down toward my feet, you would see a straight line, then suddenly a huge bump, and then a straight line to the floor. It is so damn annoying!

Well, I may be 41, but I am not going to be discouraged. Next week is my birthday. I am going down to NYC for the night to see the Smashing Pumpkins on Wednesday and coming back up on Thursday. I took the rest of the work week off. I have already decided that, once I am back from that trip, it's time to buckle down and be committed to fitness and nutrition. Why after the trip instead of right away? Because it's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

And in case you haven't guessed, the reason why I called this post "Beer Gut Without the Beer" is because I HAVE a beer gut, but I never touch the stuff!

Steve G.

Goodbye luck to you man! I have a beer gut but I DO touch the stuff.... been a hard battle to stay healthy. I just started on Monday, and all of the home cooked meals I’ve made have been delicious... I go to the grocery store a little more than I’d like but I have nice meals every night, I even made the paleo spaghetti which turned out good! Keep it up, you won’t be disappointed!

• Like 1