spaceparty.jpeg

Hallo there! I'm AloeThere. Um...I like silly jokes! I also like taking care of plants and gardening, so I'm very proud of my name. I found NerdFitness through a websearch. I was looking for a healthy community to keep track of my goals without having to fill in forms for every individual food I eat and then waiting...………………. for those forms to load. Or having to follow a step-by-step welcome tour of a website that pushes me in directions I don't want to go in. I liked NerdFitness, because I can see a lot of shared non-fitness interests in this community (Firefly, Star Trek, LotR, Harry Potter, MCU) and I like how there's such a wide variety of fitness interests. I can create a program here, which fits my personality a lot better than following rules in a diet book.

Right now, I'm at level Couch Potato. I don't even think I'm at level one. I'm sitting on my couch RIGHT NOW. Total potato. I don't remember the last time I worked out. I don't remember the last vegetable I ate. I don't think potatoes eat vegetables. I do remember what the scale number was this morning. It's a lot of potatoes.

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg"I'm a potato!"

POTATO LEVEL GOALS (2 weeks)

1. MOAR WATER

a. Drink water when I wake up before coffee

b. Drink water with meals.

c. Drink water instead of pop.

2. TAKE ACTION

a. ten minutes of exercise every day. 

b. Try at least 7 different exercises.

c. clean out the garage.

3. MOAR NUTRITION

a. eat a vegetable every day

b. Cook a healthy dinner (with leftovers) once a week

c. limit junk food to 4 times this week.

• Like 1

I'm a tired potato.  

Water:

I drank LOADS of water today. Before coffee, during meals. Now I'm drinking San Pellegrino with juice. I know juice has calories and sugar, it's my first day.

TAKE ACTION

I worked in the garden today. I started organizing a small corner of the garage. The garage is where I dump everything I don't know what to do with. 

Nutrition:

Salad for lunch. Vegetable! Chips for dinner. 1/4 junk food.

Thanksgiving-Potato-Color-v2-Thumb200.jp

1. MOAR WATER

a. I drank water before coffee. I skipped the coffee today. I had a lot of energy.

b. 2/3. I had a beer with dinner. 

c. No pop today

2. TAKE ACTION

I spent the day cleaning out the garage. I got a lot done, and proud of the work. But I'm ready to do anything else for the next few days.

3. MOAR NUTRITION

a. There were mushrooms and olives on my pizza. I don't think that counts though.

b. No cooking today

c. Pizza, beer, and popcorn. I'm already done with junk food this week. 

Hello from your friendly neighborhood potato.

I got distracted from Nerd Fitness and forgot to log in. I’ve been checking off boxes for the house. Been working in the yard a lot, fixing small things, and cleaning out spaces. The garage looks good and I got rid of a lot of junk so I had space for stuff I use. Nothing major, but it keeps me busy when I’m not at work. I still eat too much pizza and beer, so I’m at the same level of Potato as before. 

I was looking at the challenges. Does anyone do challenges in addition to battle logs? How does that work? I’m thinking I may need a push, but I don’t want to make it too complicated out the gate. 

• Like 1

Challenge FAQ: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/help.html/4-week-challenges/challenge-instructions-and-faq/

It's quite simple. You pick 3 little areas you want to improve in and 1 big area during the 4 week challenge. They can be diet or exercise related. Just as an example, my past challenge involved not drinking sweet tea, not eating cookies or brownies, and running/walking for 1 mile every week. My big area was something I wanted to improve over 1-2 years or something like that. For you then it might be: only eat beer/pizza once a week, walk "X" amount of miles every week, and work in the yard for "X" amount of minutes per week. Be creative with yourself.

• Like 1