Starting for realz this time

One thing I've learned about myself is that the way I do things that are good for me, whether they're necessary or simply good for me, I won't do it until I'm absolutely ready for it. Which is to say, I don't build up to the decision, the whim has to take me and it has to feel right. Not doing this is why I had a hard time in college and grad school; if I waited, I might have been diagnosed with depression/anxiety and adhd sooner, maybe getting the medication I need. It doesn't do to dwell on the other leg of the probability trousers. 

My decision to get healthier--no more soda, (way) less refined flours and sugars, daily exercise--and for it to have longevity was practically random. The spark is fine, but it can't sustain my goals. What's doing that is, yes, the desire to feel healthier, but also spite. Embrace spite and rage, don't let it consume you, but use it for fuel. I won't go into where my spite comes from, but it's a deep well and I'm going to use it for good. Finally. 

tumblr_nj6hypi7Fi1tucer6o1_500.gif

(Maria Bamford, everyone!)

Anyway. Hey, I'm excited to get healthier and feel better, and to contribute to the community. NerdFitness has more common sense than other programs and I'm into that.

Mind how you go.