Ranger Limbering Up for battle!

Ollyswim

Hi Folks, glad to get in with some like minded peeps. Rangers FTW!

Ok so for this Six week Challenge, I'm gonna do it properly!

So Fitness Goals:

1. Crossfit. Everyday (apart from prescribed rest days!) (2 Points STR 1 Point STA)

2. Work twice a week on Muscle UPs, levers, hand stands and pistol squats (with the aim of acheiving good form by the end of 6 weeks)

(2 Points DEX 1 Point STR)

3. Work on Flexibility (stretching Everyday) (2 Points DEX)

Diet/ Eating Goals:

1. Focus on the Paleo (Still eating some carbs, need them as an endurance swimmer!) (2 Points CON)

2. Read 'The Primal Blueprint' (2 Points WIS)

Life Goals:

1. Apply for Swimming Performance Coaching Qualification, and book onto first modules (1 Point WIS)

2. Evaluate finacial situation and determine whether it is possible for me to start my PhD this September. (2 Point WIS)

That's it. Armour on, bow and sword in hand. Lets Go!

LVL 5 Dúnedain Ranger

STR-12 DEX- 8 STA- 16 CON- 9 WIS- 14 CHA- 7'We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass'Find me on Twitter

Swim Coach at City of Southampton Swimming Club, CF coach at CrossFit Solent

Hopefully next year, Only started just before Christmas, and broke my arm in Feb, so only been back in for 2 weeks :)

Also I've missed something I think, how have you guys got your attributes and points sorted? Sorry for being an idiot!

LVL 5 Dúnedain Ranger

STR-12 DEX- 8 STA- 16 CON- 9 WIS- 14 CHA- 7'We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass'Find me on Twitter

Hopefully next year, Only started just before Christmas, and broke my arm in Feb, so only been back in for 2 weeks :)

Also I've missed something I think, how have you guys got your attributes and points sorted? Sorry for being an idiot!

Ranger rule: No putting yourself down.

Also, the rules for the challenge are here. It goes on past the first post, so make sure to keep reading until it isn't spezzy anymore.

Roger that! Deffo on that, updating now! Another question, where are you guys getting the ranger pic to put in your sig? Looks awesome!

LVL 5 Dúnedain Ranger

Cheers dude, yep I thought I'd put them in my sig, and I'd also assigned points to all my goals as well? On my phone so I can't see if they're still there in my sig??!

LVL 5 Dúnedain Ranger

Ok Challenge update.

Things are going well on some fronts, not so well on others. Workouts are going well, hitting the WOD's every day, loving it. Managing rings two to three times a week as well, and have seen improvements in my front lever and L-Sit, and my pistol squat is coming on well, can do 6 squats(3 each leg) now.

Diet goals aren't going so well, and that is down to lack of discipline over the last couple of weeks, this week is going better though. Have also read the primal blueprint, and am reading Mark's Daily Apple daily, its awesome!

Finally, Life goals. I have found out I haven't got funding, and cannot afford to self fund to start my PhD this year, so I've already started putting money away to start next year. Am also looking into alternative options such as grants and bursaries, so that goal is moving ahead well.

To throw a spanner in the works, I have been offered an opportunity to go and work on an excavation in Egypt in June, which is an awesome opportunity for me, but it throws crossfit out the window! Might have to modify the crossfit goals to bodyweight workouts everyday, with sprint training or something like that. Will update when I know more!

Until then I part with my favourite quote from my favourite Ranger, Aragorn son of Arathorn:

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*

LVL 5 Dúnedain Ranger

Thanks for participating in the Week 1 mini-challenge.

You are awarded one attribute point to use wherever you like.

th_original.jpg

NOTE: You can use this point wherever you like.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Right I've accepted the Egypt offer, am off between the 6-20th June. THis means I'm going to have to put the rings work on hold when I go. So to try and get round the lack of rings work for the last week of the challenge, I'm going to up my practice to 3 times a week.

Also Just looked up the crossfit bodyweight workouts list, so am going to take my rings and skip rope so I can still crossfit :)

Food goals wise its been better at the back end of the week, been sticking to my guns, only had one slip-up, happy days!

LVL 5 Dúnedain Ranger

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines