• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Fab Five Gonna Ranger: The Elevate Yourself Ranger Mini-Challenge

Stumbles in...late. Illness stinks...just sayin'.

Antoni feat - 2 protein shakes (maybe more). No kitchen so this will have to do.

Tan feat - Wardrobe - declutter ill-fitting clothes

Karamo feat - Culture - graph out a new knitting project

Bobby feat - Batcave - buy a new mattress

Jonathan feat - Grooming - get a haircut

• Like 1

Antoni feat complete: made low carb paleo falafel for dinner; shot pics, wrote recipe, scheduled post. 

Whoo! 

Now the question is: can I go for 2 this week with the ingredients I have in my kitchen? Only time will tell ;) 

• Like 4

I didn't know that they had re-booted this series?!?!    I might jump in here late.  Give me a day to prep for... everything!  

<wanders off to find this show>

• Like 1

I haven't been very successful at minis recently, but I'll give it another go!

Antoni (cooking): I've already done most of my cooking for the week...I'll try to use up anything in my fridge that isn't already accounted for. 

Tan (wardrobe): Either go through all of my tank tops and see what I can cull, or go through the pile of clothes in my closet that I've set aside for some reason and decide what to do with it all.

Karamo (culture): I'll go to explore some local site or museum.

Bobby (batcave): Go through one of the bags of stuff I have sitting in the bedroom and put the stuff away.

Jonathan (grooming): Do some sort of nail care. Or deep condition my hair. Or both.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 9:12 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Alright Rangers, It's week 1. Let's see you do your Antoni feat! Report back here on how it goes. 

Sooo... I kinda didn't see this till now, and had to go back and check that yep I did this Monday. By almost burning my pot trying to make quinoa and not trusting myself over the recipe, but it didn't burn and I made a veggy dish to go with it, and we had it for the entire week (I cook big). 

I buy frozen veggies because they are easy when not in season, and added spinach cubes (cause not frozen spinach is a pain to clean) to that, then dumped an entire kilo of that on some onions that I had drowned in turmeric and pepper. Added a can of whole sherry tomatoes and then stared at it till it was vaguely done - I like it crunchy so it didn't take too long. Mom liked it so I call it a win. 

Most importantly I didn't have to make myself do this, i actually wanted to, so yay! 

• Like 2

Antoni: Try to make home-made pasta

Tan: Get a nice shirt and get ride of an old stained pair of trouser.

Karamo: Go to an exposition on a cultural museum

Bobby: 'Build' a new sitting/standing computer desk

Jonathan: Get a nice and clean hairtcut. Kinda shaggy right now.

• Like 2

Looks like this might be a week where I have to trade feats. There were no good evenings for a big cook, but I designated yesterday as the least terrible, figuring I could work with the tight turnaround between my partner arriving after work and board games starting up. But I got stung by a bee or wasp on the bike ride home from my hike, didn’t have antihistamines on me, and ended up with a big ass welt of hives. Today I’m just itchy but yesterday my leg was on fire for about two hours and I just couldn’t imagine taking any pleasure in cooking. 

However. 

After breakfast I’m gonna start chiseling old grout out of my shower. So I’ll get to Anthoni whenever Bobby’s turn comes up. 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2018 at 5:53 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Antoni: This will be a cooking feat. Find one way to elevate your cooking and put it into practice this week. (This doesn't have to be a permanent change, it can be something new you try).

This should be pretty easy.  I know how to cook and I'm good at it (or so I'm told).  The challenge--get off my butt and actually DO it.  (will have to make this one up as I'm starting late.

Tan: This will be a wardrobe feat. Find a way to elevate your clothes. Get creative, this can be something as simple as arranging your closet or as complex as getting a new outfit. French Tuck the heck out of this feat!

Time to tackle the pile of clean laundry that needs put away, and organize the closet at the same time.

Karamo: This will be your culture feat. Do something cultural.

Not as sure on this one, do have fairly major local fair happening in about a week and running about 10-11 days, have to see what events they have that might interet me, otherwise go catch a movie, which I haven't done in forever it seems like.

Bobby: Batcave feat. Elevate your batcave. This could be cleaning a room, this could be making some changes that will help your environment support your healthy habits, or you could redecorate.

Definitely need this one, actually will be working on this most of the month in all parts (domestic rangering is a major part of my own challenge, cleaning a room will be making changes that support healthy habit by making it easier to workout at home and also needs to involve some "redecorating" in the form of rearranging kitchen/living room to make room for furniture that I need to get started on refinishing.)

Jonathan: Yaaaas Feat! Elevate your grooming. This can be getting a new haircut, trying new product, or starting a new skincare routine.

Not sure on this one.  Since I've been off work, have started growing a beard...  maybe go and get it professionally trimmed?

This mini seems to work into my own challenge pretty well so count me in (a little late as usual LOL)

• Like 2

I'm still working on my new recipe.  I have all the stuff but it never worked out last week.  It shall get done tonight!  And I've been waiting for an excuse to tackle my floordrobe.  I wasn't about to work on it before it counted.  ;) 

Ahhh I hope I can get the Tan feat done this week!  I wore the heck out of the last dress I sewed from this pattern over the weekend and I am stoked about having one more in my closet.  

• Like 1

Tan feat is done - went through my closet and chucked a few things - took inventory and am happy to report that I have 104 items of clothing (-underwear and shoes), which is only up a bit over this time last year (91 items including shoes and underwear - I’ve got way too much of the latter, and 12 of the former, which also need to be consolidated - I know I can chuck a couple right off the bat if I really wanted to).

Now I can go about assessing what I really want vs what I have for the umpteenth time - and continue working toward having the wardrobe I want vs the wardrobe that’s full of just basics that were on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Tan feat complete. Tried on all of my summer shirts & skirts (going to bag up what didn't fit & off to donation they go). I may do this with my dresses & winter clothes as well; but that will be after this week is over.

• Like 1

Not going to manage Tan this week. I guess I’ll just roll a week behind until Bobby comes up, haha. Last night I made my elevated meal. Explaining to my partner and sibling why I made what I made and getting vaguely apologetic about only having made one dish that was Totally New, my sibling told me that trying new recipes for familiar dishes (kinpira and miso-grilled fish) was a very Anthoni thing to do.  It was all delicious and satisfyingly balanced in colour and flavour profile. 

30E24119-C0D7-47F1-A1BC-4BD738C1E5A9.jpeg.e3d0d246840afc844509023d364ef9ad.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

That looks so good I want to reach through the screen. :D 

Haha, thanks!  Putting things in lots of dishes sure makes them look tasty (it was really good, tho)!

• Like 1

Finally sort of catching up!

My Anthoni feat was to start making green smoothies. I got a bunch of ingredients and made my first one:

1 c frozen fruit (mango, papaya, pineapple), juice from 1/4 lemon (it was leftover), ~1 T ground chia seeds, handful of spinach, 1 c almond milk, 1 scoop protein powder.

I'm gonna play around with green apple, banana, and avocado mixed around with the various things above over the next week. On my first try I put in too much of the other stuff and didn't leave much room for the spinach.

For my Tan feat, I went through the closet, and threw out a couple things that are unwearable. Kind of made a plan for things to wear a few more times and then get rid of. Decided that what I most urgently needed was shoes for the fall. Ordered two pairs online.

• Like 3