FRIGEDÆG, AUGUST 03, 2018 | JUST STARTING OUT

ODYNNE'S INFO:

• Former: MMA fighter, lifter, owner of a healthy confidence and a sick 2-pack
  • Current: tired, out-of-shape, overweight, bored, and frustrated normie... but in the process of getting back on track
  • Near future: getting healthier, getting more confident
  • Far(ther) future: getting healthier and more confident than I've ever been

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 0.5%

• Like 2

A cowardly man thinks he will ever live, if warfare he avoids; but old age will give him no peace, though spears may spare him. - Hávamál, stanza 16

Character Profile: Odynne

Battle Log: Odynne's Journey: Resurrecting a Berserker

SATURDÆG, AUGUST 04, 2018 | SOLID TRAINING DAY

TRAINING: 

Went to boxing class this morning after a long absence (3 weeks due to an unfortunate combination of scheduling and sickness)... It was tough to get up early and I was even more nervous than usual after being out so long--I'm almost always anxious when I go these days, because I'm so out of shape and don't want to break down from fatigue in front of others--but I went, and it was fantastic! The fight team coach filled-in because the instructor was out, so we got some really detailed instruction. The class was also smaller than usual, so we got more individualized coaching. I ended-up with a really good partner too, which always makes the class so much better.

I felt so good afterward that I did a little extra reinforcement on the heavy bag before I left, and when I got home I decided to keep the momentum going by having a healthy breakfast and going to lift at the gym with my BF-- Learned a lot and focused on the back muscles (lat pulldowns, rows, etc.) to counteract the chest work done by boxing movements. My new strategy is to go to the gym for exactly one hour when I'm doing "stand alone" training (i.e., not for a class or boxing); during that hour, I can do whatever I want, so even on days when I feel crappy, I can make myself go with the promise that even if all I decide to do is walk on the treadmill for 60 minutes, I can call it a successful session (the idea is that, once I drag myself to the gym and am already there, I'll decide to do more.)

NUTRITION:

Made some good choices today... The worst thing I did nutrionally-speaking is eat a little late, but we stayed up late watching Dead Pool (finally), and it was pretty great, so I'm Okay with it. I also made mostly "natural" food choices today, which is always a plus.

OTHER NOTES:

Got up early today for boxing and only snoozed once, which is very good for me. I am a snooze-aholic and it's terrible for me, so I'm struggling to get better about not doing it. Only other "bad" choice I made today was napping, which I am not good at (I can't "power nap"... once I'm out, I'll be out for a good, long while), but since I'd already taken two training sessions today, I decided to forgive myself and enjoy some nice midday rest. I also stayed up a bit later than I should've the last couple of nights, but it's the weekend, so that's fair-- Hopefully I can get up decent tomorrow and have another great day.

Slightly random note-- I stayed up reading Hávamál (the Pocket version) last night and actually finished it in one go... I love anything to do with Vikings... It has some pretty interesting things in it, several quotes I pulled for my personal stockpile of inspirational material (I'll try to remember to share those at some point.)

Oh, I feel I also have to mention that I ran into an old friend at the gym today. Someone I met and trained with when I first started out in MMA as a teenager. I wasn't sure he'd recognize me, but he did, and greeted me excitedly with a hug. He asked how I've been, and I told him that taking 6 years off of training was not a good choice. His reply was "but you're here now, and that's all that matters." That made me happy.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERKER MODE: 1.5%

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.6a3e04a606fe38ad39611e083c68a226.jpg

A cowardly man thinks he will ever live, if warfare he avoids; but old age will give him no peace, though spears may spare him. - Hávamál, stanza 16

SUNNANDÆG, AUGUST 05, 2018 | 90-DEGREE HEAT JOGGING & SOME NATURE STALKING *

* Yes, I meant to write "nature stalking," not "nature walking," because I'm highly addicted to iNaturalist! (It's like real life "Pokemon Go," if you haven't heard of it-- So great!) :peach:

TRAINING:

I woke-up late today with a terrible headache, so I took some ibuprofen, grabbed the heat pad, and went back to bed for a bit longer. Unfortunately, nothing helped. But, I got up and made up my mind to go for a jog anyway. It was after 5:00pm before I got out the door (and still 90 degrees out!), but I went for it. I did a combination of jogging and walking, and after I'd gone as far as I'd set out to, I went "off road" for some nature time, and ended up walking an extra 2 miles! My headache didn't go away completely, but it certainly helped.

NUTRITION:

Had a healthy lunch and dinner-- Resisted the urge to lay into a box of mac n cheese (my kryptonite) after I got home from my road work, and instead enjoyed a bun-less cheese burger, a sweet potato, and a vegetarian spring roll stuffed with spinach. Trying to keep the positive momentum rolling once I get it started!

OTHER NOTES:

I really need to get my sleeping schedule under control. That's my biggest hurdle at the moment. My goals are to start going to bed and getting up at regularly scheduled times, and to stop snoozing.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERKER MODE: 1.7%

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.94766317445e13075ddf1cd74edd7a6d.jpg

One of my iNaturalist observations from today's nature stalking-- an Easter Tiger Swallow.

Poor thing is in pretty rough shape... But he was thoroughly enjoying these thistle flowers when I found him, so it's a nice reminder that life is good.

I'm including it as my photo for today because he looks so battle-worn... This butterfly is definitely a survivor and knows how to fly on and seek happiness! Very inspirational.

• Like 1

MONANDÆG, AUGUST 06, 2018 | 1ST PERSONAL TRAINING SESSION AT MY NEW GYM

TRAINING:

I was nervous to set-up an appointment with the trainer at my new gym, but I went, and it was a really good session! I've had very bad luck with personal trainers in the past, so I'm always a little gun-shy about trying new a PT, and that anxiety is increased by being in such a new, unfamiliar environment (I just joined this gym last week); plus, I don't like feeling weak in front of others, but the fact is, I am in a weakened state, I did that to myself, and committing to hard work is the only way I'm going to get out of this funk and back into a strong, healthy state again, like I've dreamed of for so damn long now... I'm not going to let something like insecurity get in the way of my goals-- As a wise woman once said, AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

EXERISES:

• Warm-up: 5 minutes incline treadmill walk, 5%@ ~3 mph
  • Machine leg press, 3x10
  • Machine standing leg curl, 3x10
  • Squat to bench w/ 45 lb. bar, 3x10
  • Machine lying hamstring curl, 3x10
  • Kettlebell deadlift, 3x12
  • Kettlebell wide-stance squat, 3x12
  • Ab circuit: exercise ball Russian twists (legs lifted), bicycle crunches, 6" straight leg hold (reverse plank), hand-slide crunches, oblique side-to-side slides (legs bent and shoulders flush with mat), leg raises, scissor kicks

NUTRITION:

Made some great choices today... Drove my work buddies to Chik-fil-A (usually a huge temptation for me), and had no problem not ordering anything-- I didn't even feel any envy having to drive back to the office with all that delicious-smelling goodness filling up the car! I just thought about my goals, and made the decision not to "waste" calories (and self-esteem) on french fries and breaded chicken today. I enjoyed my nice (albeit, very hastily made) rice pancake spinach and cheese spring rolls and some celery with chunky PB. Not the best lunch (hardly any protein), but still pretty decent for having to hustle this morning to get it all packed. Now I'm enjoying some nice turkey meatballs in a vegetable sauce for dinner... Mmmm :P 

OTHER NOTES:

I didn't snooze more than once this morning! Stoked to start off the day with a little bit of success...

Also notable, I noticed that my mood has been improving lately. I feel more in control of myself, and more at ease with what's going on around me. It's easier for me to be more positive and "sunny," for lack of a better term, since I committed to my healthier lifestyle. It's great to feel the mental shift-- It will be a while yet before I start seeing/feeling physical results, but a change of mindset and greater emotional stability is a HUGE benefit in the meantime!

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 1.9%

Snip20180806_1.png.500912bf04c0b900dbaa27f906cdad29.png

TIWESDÆG, AUGUST 07, 2018 | ROUGH DAY ENDING IN A PLEASANT WALK IN THE RAIN

TRAINING:

I didn't really train today, but I made the decision to take a walk in the evening. I was going to go out and jog a little if I got the urge to, but then my BF said he wanted to go with me, so we just took a nice 2-mile walk instead. It started sprinkling about halfway, but we just kept going-- It was really refreshing, and I like to listen to all the nocturnal creatures going about their business at night. Since I made the choice to do something active today in lieu of just chilling on the couch, I'm counting this as a W.

NUTRITION:

Made more good choices today-- Kept it light because I didn't do anything too strenuous.

OTHER NOTES:

Controlled my anger but put someone in their place who was being a total jerk at work-- I spent so many years of my Life as a doormat, and I don't want to go back to that. However, as I've told many people who are close to me, I only really have 2 natural modes of operation: Chihuahua and Rottweiler. It takes A LOT of discipline for me to operate in the middle, but that's where I can be most effective, so I need to practice speaking up and speaking out when I need to, before it gets to the level where I feel the need to bare my teeth lol

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 1.92%

image.png.c93a2a56846e6539e9013defac18d43b.png

Both are both sooooo super cute though!! But, as they say, every dog has the ability to bite (so don't be a jerk!!)

ÞUNRESDÆG, AUGUST 09, 2018 | BOXING!

TRAINING:

Today was kind of sucky at work (as it has been an awful lot lately...), and I slept late, so I was feeling pretty groggy and crumby for most of the day. It crossed my mind to not go to boxing, but then I decided that that was simply not an option. I went, I worked hard, and I had a great time!

NUTRITION:

I cheated a bit... But pizza isn't too bad once in awhile when you've been good all week :)

OTHER NOTES:

Talked to some cool people at the gym today, too... Met a Buddhist who introduced himself as Dragon-- Neat :)

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 2.1%

• Like 1

SATURDÆG, AUGUST 11, 2018 | YOGA AT THE FARM-SHARE AND HIKING AROUND THE PARK

TRAINING:

I've been looking forward to today! I went to a local farm-share with a friend to try out their weekly yoga class. We got lost on the way there, but ended-up making it just in time. It was very invigorating and relaxing at the same time-- The instructor was really good and the setting was gorgeous. We all had our mats under a big shade tree on the farm property, and the wind was blowing through the trees so nicely. There were garden plants and flowers and butterflies everywhere! Absolutely loved it... Afterward, my friend and I went and hiked around in the local park system for a bit, and we ended up going about 3 miles. It wasn't incredibly strenuous exercise, but once it started heating up in the afternoon, we could definitely feel it!

NUTRITION:

Did some unintentional, but welcomed, fasting this morning because I was running late. I've not been 100% on with my nutritional plans lately, but I've been about 98.5+% good about it for a solid couple of weeks now, which I'm pretty proud of.

OTHER NOTES:

I need to play outside more! I love it so much!!!!

Also still (as always) need to work on improving my sleep hygiene. I slept away my Friday night (exhausted after work), which really disappointed me and made it impossible for me to work out!

However (positive note sandwich, lol), I realized that I just hit my goal of working out at least 5 times in a week today, so I'm pretty stoked about that!

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 2.3%

image.png.043b7dfec5d326d71e2c41cbdcbc8e26.png

Finally got a monarch butterfly photo for my iNaturalist collection! A nice day of firsts :)

MONANDÆG, AUGUST 13, 2018 | ALMOST TALKED MYSELF OUT OF GOING TO CLASS, BUT THEN I DIDN'T ALLOW IT!

TRAINING:

Boxing class-- I decided to try the Monday night one because I've heard it's tougher, and it definitely was! I literally considered throwing in the towel to take a break halfway through (drenched in sweat, inside of my gloves felt like they were on fire, and I could barely hold my arms up anymore), but I decided to pull through and not give up. It was really rough, but exciting.

I'd already had a little slice of triumph before I even got there because work ended up running a little late, which of course made me run late for getting ready and leaving for the gym. For a few seconds I considered not going, and was running through a list of excuses in my head (including running late, being tired/sleepy, having housework to do, and being nervous to try the new class and be around new people), but then I told myself, "NOPE. We're going. No excuses." *

* Sometimes I talk to my brain and other weird stuff like that, so that's why I say "we" when I'm psyching myself up... Think what you will: Berserkers aren't particularly known for sanity ;) lol

NUTRITION:

I did pretty good today, but could've been a little better. Resisted the urge to eat pasta with dinner (which my boyfriend lovingly prepared for me) after my tough boxing class, but didn't eat a whole piece of grilled chicken, so I ended up lacking, as I often do, in the protein department. It sucks that I don't like grilled chicken! I'm not really much of a meat person anyway, but I know protein is important and is one of the things I struggle to get enough of in my diet.

OTHER NOTES:

I got up decent today (after a few boops on the snooze button), but then ended up taking a nap in the afternoon while on my lunch break-- I seriously need to clean up my sleeping habits!!!!

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 2.6%

• Like 1

TIWESDÆG, AUGUST 14, 2018 | PERSONAL TRAINING IS GOOD, BUT FIGHTING DEPRESSING F*CKING SUCKS.

TRAINING:

I had my 2nd personal training session at my new(ish) gym today. It was good-- I challenged myself a little more than last time and did much better in the abs portion that I did last week (not sure if it's a slight increase in strength or confidence, or if it was just a heightened ability to focus, which is something I've also been working on lately.) I did a tiny bit of cardio after I got home, too-- Not much, but a little bit. Better than nothing. Even very small steps still help to bring one closer to the destination.

NUTRITION:

I did well for the most part today. I do need to figure out how to make dinner happen when I have late night training sessions, though. The key to this most likely lies in protein shakes, but it's tough to get in the habit of drinking those everyday. Oh, well. All of this is hard. Drinking my last meal of the day will be a piece of cake (figurative cake, unfortunately) after I do it enough times, like anything else I've been working on to get healthier. I am impressed with my increasingly strong personal willpower lately, though-- Very proud of me! Trying to stay positive and keep getting better at that. My negative emotions may be tough to deal with, but that doesn't mean I have to poison myself with toxic foods to make it through the bad times.

OTHER NOTES:

My depression is really bad tonight, as it has been in the evenings lately. My anxiety has improved, which is good, but the depression tends to creep-up on me when all is said and done and the day is drawing to a close. I feel so sad sometimes. I've dealt with this since I was kid though, starting at around 12 years old, so it's nothing particularly new regarding the "organic" side of this condition; although, the circumstantial triggers have changed frequently over time, naturally. Luckily * With my improved self-control and self-management, I'm now able to avoid binging or eating garbage foods to momentarily swallow those emotions. But, semi-metaphorically speaking, while being (more or less) in control of the beast is great, it doesn't mean I don't still get clawed and bitten in the process.

* Luck has nothing to do with it.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 2.65%

image.png.f57272ed442522d0e06a0e175e77855c.png

ÞUNRESDÆG, AUGUST 16, 2018 | I HELPED SOMEONE AT BOXING, AND LEARNED THAT I'VE MADE MORE PROGRESS THAN I THOUGHT!

TRAINING:

I was late getting ready for boxing again, but I told myself, like last time, that it was not an option to miss it, so I hurried around to get things together and went. It was a nice session-- I helped a new student who was there for her first boxing class, which was really nice (because I like helping people, and it was a boost to my confidence to be able to assist someone else!)

NUTRITION:

Good day today-- Not much to note.

OTHER NOTES:

I fell asleep on the couch after being totally ganged-up on and having my credit stolen at work (I needed to cool off.) Quick background, I'm not the kind of person who seeks gratification, but I am the kind of person who gets angry when someone blatantly claims my ideas and work as their own... So not Okay! I'm also the kind of person who stands up for others and doesn't take credit for things I didn't do, so it makes me extra furious when people do this to me. (Side note: I did talk to my manager about it, with an unsatisfying outcome, but at least I didn't "just let it go" as a few other people suggested that I do.)

The BETTER story here is that my BF was talking to me about my goals, and he asked me a question which led to him insisting that I get on the scale after abstaining for a couple of months. I was resistant, but he insisted, and said I didn't have to look at the number if I didn't want to. But, after I stood on it, he suggested that I look. I was amazed!! I've already lost about 1/3 of the weight I was hoping to lose by DECEMBER! He said he wanted me to see the scale because he could tell I'd lost way more weight than I'd realized, and that he knew this would give my confidence a little boost. I'm so excited! I just hope that in the back of my head, this doesn't become an excuse to let me habits slip-- I'm aware of this risk, though, so hopefully this won't become a problem.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 2.75%

SATURDÆG, AUGUST 18, 2018 | STAIR-CLIMBER HELL & SOME LIGHT LIFTING

TRAINING:

I was lazy for most of the day, but I made myself go to the gym in the evening so I could keep my commitment to working-out 4 or more times per week for a month; I also went with my BF, so we also supported one another in being healthy, which was a nice bonus. I decided to tackle one of the goals on my "Epic Quest" tonight by walking on the stair-climber for 10+ minutes at a rate of 60+ steps ("jogging" pace, according to the display on the machine). I did it, but I felt like I was going to hurl afterward! Still glad I pushed through, but WOW! I had no idea how rough it was going to be at that rate. I try to stay at the gym for at least an hour every time I go, so I did a few lifts and then finished out my time on the treadmill (it was light, but I stayed for the full hour as I intended.)

LIFTS:

• Bicep curl / hammer curl super sets (x 3 sets with weights between 12 and 15 lbs)
  • Dumbbell deadlifts (x 3 sets with 15 lbs in each hand)
  • Bodyweight decline sit-ups (multiple sets for a total of 50 reps)
  • Inner thigh press machine (x 3 sets with weights between 90 and 100 lbs)
  • Outer thigh press machine (x 3 sets at 100 lbs)

NUTRITION:

I decided to have a big, delicious cheat meal tonight after the gym, and now... I feel like CRAP! I didn't think about the fact that my tummy isn't as expansive as it was, and that my body isn't used to processing garbage foods like it used to. I'll have to remember this for next time...

OTHER NOTES:

I have to get these sleeping habits in order! I slept way too much last night, and I ended-up napping in the afternoon, too! I'm starting to worry that I have a health condition, but I'm really hoping that it's just a lack of will-power (I know that's definitely part of it at any rate.)

OOH! I was so thrilled to have survived my stair-climbing session that I didn't look closely enough at the results screen... 45 floors!!!! That's pretty cool!!!! Maybe I'll go for 50 next time ;)

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 2.85%

file-2.jpg

• Like 1

MONANDÆG, AUGUST 20, 2018 | SLAYED MONDAY NIGHT BOXING & BEGAN THE PROCESS OF SIGNING UP FOR A PERSONAL TRAINER

TRAINING:

Monday night boxing = pushing to the brink of death :beaten: lol SOOOO much fun, though!! I'm excited that the personal training program is now within reach-- I can't wait to get started!!

NUTRITION:

Ate too late, but ate healthfully.

OTHER NOTES:

Sleep is still bad... Why is this so difficult for me to get a handle on??

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.00%

TIWESDÆG, AUGUST 21, 2018 | PERSONAL TRAINING SESSION - LEG DAY (FIGHTING NERVOUS SYSTEM STRAIN)

TRAINING:

Personal training session tonight was lower-body focused with an ab circuit at the end to wrap things up. I did what I could. My nervous system is pretty shot from burning so hard at boxing last night (I always forget that this is a thing), so I was super exhausted and barely made it through. Had some strain in the "bad" (i.e., worse) knee on the leg press, so I had to stop there, but the trainer said I have "strong legs," so at least I still have that going for me.

EXERCISES:

• Leg press machine, wide and narrow stance supersets
  • Lying hamstring curl machine + walking body weight lunges superset
  • Kettlebell goblet squat
  • Wide stance kettlebell squat
  • Ab circuit

NUTRITION:

Did well today-- Ate a decent amount of raw veggies. Enjoying some of my kryptonite--dark chocolate-- with fruit spread tonight as a treat for working so hard, though. I resisted the tasty treats that were all over the office this morning and afternoon, so I think I earned a little something sweet :)

OTHER NOTES:

I didn't snooze my alarm this morning! It went off at 5:15am and I immediately bugged my BF until he got up (as per his request yesterday), and then did a nice yoga circuit in bed with some deep breathing to ease my lower back pain and start the day off in an energizing fashion. I might try to make that a habit!

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.01%

• Like 1

BUSY WEEK RECAP

I didn't get a chance to update my NF Battle Log last week (and only got to workout 3 times), but I'm giving myself a little "pass" because I was helping a creature in need. We found an emaciated stray kitty and took him in to rehabilitate him. His initial health check was good (besides being malnourished), but we have him in a quarantine until we can get him retested in 2 months for feline-specific ailments that may not show-up until up to 8 weeks after exposure; this means we had to do a lot of prep-work in order to have him in our home. This, coupled with having a deployment at work midweek, kept me pretty darn busy (and stressed out!)

SATURDÆG, AUGUST 27, 2018

TRAINING: 10 minutes of stair-stepping at a "jogging" pace (60+ steps/minute) and some upper body lifting

NUTRITION: I let my nutrition slip pretty badly this week, too :( I ate SO MANY simple carbs and such that haven't been a part of my diet in the last several weeks... I felt like crap so many of those days.

OTHER NOTES: My sleep suffered along with my workout and nutrition routines... I'll have to hit it hard next week to keep the progress rolling and not lose my momentum.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.12%

55673896661__A16A160C-1D5E-4028-989D-8CC91174AEA7.jpg.e3bba491d3b486abd4a6021f1b559173.jpg

Some things are just more important than working-out :love_heart:

• Like 1

MONANDÆG, AUGUST 27, 2018 | TRAFFIC JAM PREVENTED ME FROM GETTING TO BOXING, BUT I HELPED ANOTHER ANIMAL

TRAINING:

I was on my way to boxing, but Maps told me I was going to be super late due to traffic, so I went home. I really needed to workout though (been "bad" for a few days...), so I threw on the weighted vest (just 10 lbs. to start) to give walking/jogging in it a try. There's a running joke among friends that I'm always finding animals in need--because I constantly am--and today was no exception... Not 5 minutes into my walk, I found a scrawny little nestling on the ground. Wild birds are difficult to care for, especially babies, so I had to make some tough decisions. I moved her out of the road, and, long story short, I looked up some articles* and took the suggestion of building a little makeshift nest and nailing it to the nearest tree to give the little birdling a better chance to be found by its mama. Anyway, after I was all done, I was exhausted from running back and forth so much, but I decided to throw the weighted vest back on and go ahead and take my walk anyway. I ended-up doing about 3 miles with a big hill on the route-- Feels good! We'll see how I feel tomorrow, though :)

NUTRITION:

I was bad last week, so it's going to be tough to get back on track. I had some leftover mac and cheese for my first meal, then finished off strong with an afternoon sweet potato and sushi at night.

OTHER NOTES:

I'm feeling less depressed today.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.14%

img_2410-1-copy.jpg

Poor little thing... I wish there was more I could do for her. Hopefully the nest will keep her safe for the night and her mama will find her soon.

* Article: Wildlife Rehabilitation: Baby Birds Out of the Nest, Washington Department of Fish Wildlife

TIWESDÆG, AUGUST 29, 2018 | TUESDAY NIGHT BOXING = HORRIBLE

TRAINING:

I went to boxing tonight since I didn't make it yesterday. Unfortunately, Tuesday's class almost always (like, 99.9% of the time) sucks! Part of it is the instructor, part of it is the people who come in for this particular class (not a group that's really there to learn), and part of it is how many other things are going on at the same time because it gets so loud that it's hard to hear and pay attention. I got a decent workout, but was so frustrated, 

NUTRITION:

Eating carbs a bit late (lentil pasta though, not wheat pasta), but other than that I did Okay.

OTHER NOTES:

Sleep sleep sleep... So much trouble with sleep... Snoozing and napping... So not healthy!!

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.18%

ÞUNRESDÆG, AUGUST 30, 2018 | THURSDAY NIGHT BOXING - TOTALLY OUT OF IT

TRAINING:

Went to the Thursday night boxing class, but was completely exhausted. I have PTO this week, so I slept way too late and didn't take any preworkout, which made my body feel totally drained! I still went and stuck with it though, despite the class being rough and how disappointing my performance was.

NUTRITION:

I slept so late that I barely ate. Did Okay except for some ice cream I had after dinner and a bowl of cereal and milk I ate before bed (CRAVINGS...)

OTHER NOTES:

More sleep drama. Sigh.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.19%

SATURDÆG, SEPTEMBER 01, 2018 | WEIGHT VEST JOGGING MAKES ME FEEL STRONG... EVEN IF IT'S JUST 10 LBS B)

TRAINING:

Completed one of my Epic Quest goals today: Jogged 1+ miles nonstop with a weight vest on (10 lbs)! I really enjoyed it and think I may up it to 15 or 20 lbs the next time. My goal is to be jogging with as much weight (or more) as I've lost on my journey. It should total over 60 lbs by the time I reach my current long-term goal.

NUTRITION:

I worked-out without eating first today, which always makes my body feel awesome (not sure why). Not sure what I'll eat tonight, if anything (might be a good opportunity for a fasting day since it's already so late).

OTHER NOTES:

Did a little better with sleep last night than I have the last couple of days, but it still needs tremendous improvement to get to a "healthy" level.

Excited to be back on track for my working out 4 to 5 times per week goal!

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.22%

• Like 1

SUNNANDÆG, SEPTEMBER 02, 2018 | EXTRA LONG NIGHT JOG

TRAINING:

Did 2 back-to-back routes without rest (just to prove to myself that I could). Took the "right route" and the "uphill route" in my neighborhood. It felt really good!

NUTRITION:

I honestly don't remember (filling this in on the following Friday)...

OTHER NOTES:

Loved that jog!

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.3%

ÞUNRESDÆG, SEPTEMBER 06, 2018 | THURSDAY NIGHT BOXING - PRETTY GOOD SESSION

TRAINING:

Had to be in a group of 3 for drills, but it ran pretty smoothly. Worked directly with the coach for a couple of rounds (which kicked my ass), and realized I have a little longer way to go than I thought... But, instead of getting down about it, I'm just going the chalk it up as being part of the overall journey.

NUTRITION:

Good nutrition day - Solid lunch and dinner

OTHER NOTES:

So much napping... So bad.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.33%

FRIGEDÆG, SEPTEMBER 07, 2018 | A.M. RAIN STIFLED MY RUN, SO I DID SOME YOUTUBE YOGA INSTEAD

TRAINING:

I got up early (snoozed, but... I'm trying), and was all set to jog when I realized it was raining. My inclination (to a degree) was to go back to bed or just curl up in a blanket until time to go to work, BUT I didn't do that. I jumped on YouTube and did a 30+ minute session of Yoga With Adriene to get my blood flowing and try to help my stiff neck loosen up a bit.

NUTRITION:

Hoping to have another good nutrition day today-- Got my lunch all packed and ready to go!

OTHER NOTES:

Snoozed, but got up before 6, which was a good start. I feel so much better when I sleep a little LESS than 8 hours. We also got to bed before 11 last night, which was great.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.35%

SATURDÆG, SEPTEMBER 08, 2018 | JUST A LONG-ISH WALK LATE AT NIGHT... THE POINT IS, I MADE MYSELF GO DO SOMETHING

TRAINING:

Completed my "Epic Quest" goal of working out for one month 4-5x/week.

NUTRITION:

I've been eating crappily lately, but there's a lot of stress abounding at the moment. I'm going to work on turning it around in the next week or so.

OTHER NOTES:

I can do this... I CAN do this.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.358%

TIWESDÆG, SEPTEMBER 11, 2018 | AMAZING "FALL WEATHER" JOG THIS MORNING

TRAINING:

It was a little drizzly this morning, but I was all amped-up to go for a jog, so I taped my knee up tight and went for it. What a fantastic session! Very refreshing. 

NUTRITION:

Been doing terrible with the eating, mostly due to stress, which is probably the worst excuse ever... Made some plans to try to get back on track, though.

Bought some hemp oil to try for my anxiety. We'll see how it goes.

OTHER NOTES:

I woke-up earlyish today and felt so much better than I do when I wake up late and snooze a bunch-- We're going to try to make it a habit.

PERCENTAGE TO BERSERK MODE: 3.8%