• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GodzillaKong

GK lifts weight to shift weight

12 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

They are called battle ropes because you do battle against them. If they were less noisy I would love them more.

ear plugs? headphones? football helmet?

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

ear plugs? headphones? football helmet?

Actually I get self conscious about how the noise might bother others during their workout...

2 hours ago, Grymm said:

Just crank up the "O Fortuna" on your phonograph and go to town.

I typically go for something by Sabaton, but the principle is the same 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Actually I get self conscious about how the noise might bother others during their workout...

Bang the ropes. Drop the weights. Grunt. Growl. Be noisy. Fuck em (not actually). Ass kicking is not a quiet event. 

Excuse me for the following mini-rant but this is something that I feel I need to get off my chest.

SafeNearIguana-size_restricted.gif

So, for a while and especially since I've started tracking my food, I've been on the look out for low calorie snacks and deserts; something to give myself a little treat of an evening without destroying all the day's good work.

One of the things I've found is Metcalf's Skinny Popcorn

https://metcalfesskinny.com/our-products/

Not super healthy but not bad if I've got a couple of hundred calories in the bank and better than half a tub of B&Js. 

They very helpfully point out that a portion is 25g. Lovely. So, you'd expect the whole bag to be a multiple of 25, right? 50 or 100, maybe 75?

Nope. 80. 

3 and a tiny bit extra portions? Honestly, what is the point? And it's not just them that do it, so many products do it and it's infuriating. Arrrghhhh!

87b.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

Bang the ropes. Drop the weights. Grunt. Growl. Be noisy. Fuck em (not actually). Ass kicking is not a quiet event. 

Intellectually and in theory I agree with this. In reality, lots of loud noises at the gym can be annoying.

In this case, I am specifically thinking of the guy who loudly slammed his dumbbells after every set of shoulder shrugs, a couple of evenings ago. :p

2 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

In this case, I am specifically thinking of the guy who loudly slammed his dumbbells after every set of shoulder shrugs, a couple of evenings ago. :p

That guy can go fuck himself (actually). I get it. Shit's heavy, but if you can pick it up, you can put it back down. If you have to slam weights you're either a neanderthal or it's too heavy. There's totally a difference between the inevitable noise a deadlift or battle rope will make vs the bro slam. Don't let other people's douchebaggery be your concern.

32 minutes ago, Grymm said:

I don't rerack my plates.....

I also lift in my basement.

Totally different, since you're not inconveniencing anyone else.

1 hour ago, Grymm said:

I don't rerack my plates.....

You trying to pick a fight?

1 hour ago, Grymm said:

I also lift in my basement.  Racking plates is half my warm up.

Oh. nevermind then. Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

Excuse me for the following mini-rant but this is something that I feel I need to get off my chest.

So, for a while and especially since I've started tracking my food, I've been on the look out for low calorie snacks and deserts; something to give myself a little treat of an evening without destroying all the day's good work.

Not super healthy but not bad if I've got a couple of hundred calories in the bank and better than half a tub of B&Js. 

They very helpfully point out that a portion is 25g. Lovely. So, you'd expect the whole bag to be a multiple of 25, right? 50 or 100, maybe 75?

Nope. 80. 

3 and a tiny bit extra portions? Honestly, what is the point? And it's not just them that do it, so many products do it and it's infuriating. Arrrghhhh!

87b.gif

I agree

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Weigh in today and the scale hasn't budged; still stubbornly on 122.1kg. Not totally unexpected after Saturday's family BBQ (although I suspect that the real culprit is this morning's BM not being as thorough as it should be). A little disappointing, but not disheartening. Perhaps more importantly, I feel better; shirts feel looser, have had to go down a notch on my belt. So.... Could be worse...

source.gif

Always good to remember that. And to remember to not piss the better half off before bedtime.

Back in the gym tonight, back to the weights.

On 8/16/2018 at 1:12 PM, GodzillaKong said:

Nope. 80. 

87b.gif

I think the fatal flaw in that theory is that it would require someone giving their design forethought (and/or they don't expect anybody to actually pay attention to portion size, ergo 1 container is one serving..)

Neighbour had a party last night. I say party, more like a rave. I say last night, more like till 2.30am. On a Monday morning.

16167131.gif

Safe to say I was not feeling my Olympic best today. On top of which, the gym was absolutely packed. No chance of finding a free squat rack so missed out on those. Instead whacked some more weight onto my benchpress and deadlift, did everything else at normal weight and left.

980x.gif

I didn't have the best time with food over the weekend; nothing too wild and stayed within my calorie limit (although a couple of beers and ciders may have put me over the top, now that I think about it), but had a packet of monster munch and a pot noodle. Good job I'm behaving myself over the week, right?

The one good thing about having someone else's music blasting through the windows? Drowning it out with a couple of episodes of DS9. Definitely a lot I don't remember in series 7. 

50 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

Safe to say I was not feeling my Olympic best today. On top of which, the gym was absolutely packed. No chance of finding a free squat rack so missed out on those. Instead whacked some more weight onto my benchpress and deadlift, did everything else at normal weight and left.

Clean to Front Squats, DB/KB squats, Leg press. Never let an unavailable squat rack make you skip a muscle group.

7 hours ago, Grumble said:

Clean to Front Squats, DB/KB squats, Leg press. Never let an unavailable squat rack make you skip a muscle group.

Yeah, I feel kinda silly now for not having done any of those instead. Putting it down to tiredness, but still.. 

1*b0zPzHTEMBSDEnoQlfwMYA.gif

9 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

Yeah, I feel kinda silly now for not having done any of those instead. Putting it down to tiredness, but still.. 

1*b0zPzHTEMBSDEnoQlfwMYA.gif

It's stuff that comes with time and experience. Don't sweat it.

20 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

I'm just going to point you to the part in my signature that says if you learn from it, it's not a problem. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I'm just going to point you to the part in my signature that says if you learn from it, it's not a problem. :) 

Learning... *Shudders*

It's one of those silly things, if you asked me a question of what to do, 10 times out of 10 I'd probably say "just do something else but similar", but because I was so tired and I get so locked into my routine it just didn't even occur to me at the time. I think I'll have learning to adapt as one of my next challenge goals (although of course I'll start trying to adapt now of I have to).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GodzillaKong said:

... so locked into my routine

I get this... I actually get pretty anxious when I have to change things... that's why I invested in a home gym... There is no way I could go back to a commercial gym now.

6 hours ago, Blocky said:

I get this... I actually get pretty anxious when I have to change things... that's why I invested in a home gym... There is no way I could go back to a commercial gym now.

I've actually been looking at gyms around here in case I need to join one due to lack of equipment at my house, and I've found that I just don't want to.  Only one power rack? Nope.  You want me to use a squat rack? Nope.  There are other people here? Nope. I don't like this radio station. Nope.  What if I want to get chalk everywhere?  Can I superset squats with laundry? Nope. Nope. 

8 hours ago, Blocky said:

I would absolutely love a home gym, but sadly it's just not realistic at the moment. A boy can dream though.

1 hour ago, Grymm said:

Can I superset squats with laundry?

This is actually one of my selling points to my wife to let me get a power rack.

• Like 1