• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RollingStoney

Weight Plates and Wheely Shoes [Rolling Stoney]

2 hours ago, Chaosbane said:

Sounds like one hell of a challenge!

I purchased some now blades a few weeks ago, after not skating for 14+ years, I took to them pretty well. Forgot how much fun it was. But there isn't anywhere to practice where I live.

I've been thinking about that too... it's been about 16yrs for me... of course, I'm a lot heavier and less dexterous now...

2 hours ago, Chaosbane said:

Sounds like one hell of a challenge!

I purchased some now blades a few weeks ago, after not skating for 14+ years, I took to them pretty well. Forgot how much fun it was. But there isn't anywhere to practice where I live.

Before my team built our own venue we had to skate in carparks and basketball courts and the local sports centre. Outdoor skating in the warmer months is fun too :) 

But if you don't live in a city then yeah, it's hard. I probably would have skated as a kid if I hadn't been surrounded by farmland and dirt roads. xD 

9 minutes ago, Blocky said:

I've been thinking about that too... it's been about 16yrs for me... of course, I'm a lot heavier and less dexterous now...

My dexterity is entirely dependant on whether or not I have skates on my feet xD I am just a regular clumsy person without them on. I still don't look dextrous on skates but I can do some pretty cool things on them :D

I didn't make it to the gym today - I ran out of energy mid afternoon and just decided to stop by the shops and go home. I did a good 30 minutes of ukulele practice though which was fun. Learnt the Adventure Time theme song, and the names of the chords I was playing yesterday xD I thought about making it a challenge goal but I have enough going on already. I'm still working out where to fit in extra skating time in before the weekend game. :P So far my diet has been compliant, even if this week's burritos aren't as tasty as last week's.

• Like 2

I think next challenge I'm going to drop everything and work on my sleep hygiene. I got a good 8.5 hours sleep last might and still don't feel well rested >.> Pretty sure if I could get my sleep under control I would rule the world.

Or my world at least. Whatever. xD

10 hours ago, Grumble said:
Conquer The World Plankton GIF - ConquerTheWorld Plankton Spongebob GIFs

Honestly I just don't wanna walk around in a fog all day xD 

Gym went well yesterday. Dropped the weight on my squats so I could do them sumo-style for my inner leg strength and definitely felt different muscles working. I might stick with that for a month for more of an effect. Random Friendly Gym-Bro™ was there again and I learnt his name is Luke. He started giving me bench press tips. He is also self-aware he's -that guy- in the gym that gives everyone form advice. But his advice did actually help and I did 40kg for 5 reps - which is what my starting 1RM was last week when I did the virtual powerlifting meet. So I can't bash him too much I guess. 

Work was busy and I was still sitting there dreaming I could be doing something else with my life for money but still can't think of what. But I got home and learnt the Imperial March on my Ukulele so maybe one day I'll become a great Ukulele player? Probably not. 

I was hella craving all the sweet delicious things yesterday too but somehow (?) didn't give in. It was close. I was on the shift with the weird hours,  most stress and closest proximity to all the sugary things >.< But my meal and calorie compliance has been bang-on the last two days, and I touched under 73kgs which I haven't for... well, a long time. Knowing both of those is what stopped me going for the chocolate. and I've already planned Friday as a cheat day because Saturday is game day and I want to be powered up for that. 

Also on a side note, last challenge I dedicated to spending less then $300 a month on frivolous crap (Kmart I'm looking at you) and my monthly budget ticks over tomorrow - I saved $777 in total for the month and only spent $100 on random shenanigans. Which is way under budget for my allowed impulse shopping. Let's just hope now it's not an NF goal that I can keep it up xD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RollingStoney said:

But I got home and learnt the Imperial March on my Ukulele so maybe one day I'll become a great Ukulele player? Probably not. 

I immediately youtube'd imperial march ukelele and was not disappointed.

• Like 2

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGah-lX9WViM5desvsP

These are saving my low-carb life right now. Since I discovered them they are filling all the gaps in my stomach. 359 calories for the ENTIRE bag and 36 grams of protein and like 2 carbs. I can't even eat a whole bag. Trust me, I just tried. xD

6 hours ago, RollingStoney said:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGah-lX9WViM5desvsP

These are saving my low-carb life right now. Since I discovered them they are filling all the gaps in my stomach. 359 calories for the ENTIRE bag and 36 grams of protein and like 2 carbs. I can't even eat a whole bag. Trust me, I just tried. xD

It's basically chicharron, but healthier because less fat frying happening.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grumble said:

It's basically chicharron, but healthier because less fat frying happening.

Honestly they are probably the reason I've stuck with this current plan for so long. I've never had a reason / excuse to eat pork rinds and I only happened to see them by accident in the shops one day at the right time. xD

I didn't go for a skate yesterday. Decided snuggling on the couch with the S.O was a much better idea ;) 

Also, a lovely derby insta page that is run by a fancy coaching person that most of my fellow derby peeps follow, wanted to feature me on their page! *heart eyes* 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RollingStoney said:

I've never had a reason / excuse to eat pork rinds and I only happened to see them by accident in the shops one day at the right time. xD

We use pork rinds as a substitute for corn chips when making nachos... super tasty and way more protein...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blocky said:

We use pork rinds as a substitute for corn chips when making nachos... super tasty and way more protein...

oh. my. god. yes. I think I know what I'm having for dinner sometime next week xD

So you guys will be pleased to know we fucking slaughtered Bunbury - in the nicest possible way -

(We are the Great Southern Breakers - in black - in case you weren't sure)

xWM2CgOl.jpg

Nobody died, I only landed on my butt once (but no bruise which I'm devastated about) oh and I woN MOST VALUABLE JAMMER!

I am not a jammer normally, I do all the blocking - jammer score the points and I do all the stopping of jammers, but one of our jammers was feeling ill so I backed up our other two.. And got this sweet handmade trophy! It's a shark on a skate wheel painted in silver glitter. 

s0nvEW7l.png

So apparently I'm a jammer now >.< Might be time to work on my conditioning... 

• Like 4

WEEK 1 WRAP UP

Weightlifting: 2/2

Wednesday and Sunday are working well as gym days for me. 

Skating: 1/2

I didn't make time for skating practice on a day when I probably could have fit it in. I couldn't find the energy to drive all the way to the track to practice before driving back across town to go to work. Too many steps to jump. Now that our game is done I can work on some more jam skating stuff.

(but on a side note, a teammate noted that I did my footwork on game night had some jam-skating feels to it.)

Slow Carb: 3/7

Monday I accidentally broke my compliance by having a drink with my teamies post-training, and friday/saturday were pre-game carb loading and post-game pizza. Today I had every intention of sticking to the  plan but we ended up at mum's place for dinner and she made delicious potato salad and sweet potato fries. 

Mindfulness: 5/7

There were a few meals on friday / saturday that I just ate without really stopping to enjoy them. I definitely overeat when I don't stop to watch what I'm eating and thinking about whether or not I actually need it. 

Oh! I also fixed / tried to fix my iCloud problem and groomed my doggo. Accomplishin’ shit. Yeaah.

• Like 1

Scheduling for the week done. Food prep also done. Finally needed a change from burritos for lunch for the week and made... burrito bowls instead. xD Turned out pretty good. 

Feeling a bit shit after the weekend and I'm wondering if it was the reintroduction of a shit-tonne of carbs into my diet? today's diet was compliant and I'm feeling a bit better now so I'll just carry on with what I was doing. 

@Blocky You will be pleased to know I tried making nachos out of pork crackles. They were the bomb. 

PrwUkbsl.jpg

I have the next two days off so I've set myself a mini-challenge to get some shit done. There are some things i need to get done but am putting off and some things I just want to do for myself, so for every productive thing I get done I am going do something for myself. 

DAY OFF PRODUCTIVITY MINI CHALLENGE

Need to do: 

schedule fundraising activities

complete some online coaching classes

Ring Breast-Check Bus

Want to do:

Get a haircut

buy picture frames for posters

New Uke strings

Also I was feeling fancy at work tonight because my legs looked great and my hair looked great and my jacket was super fancy looking so have a self-confident selfie of me in my word duds;

20lLOCVl.jpg

• Like 1

\

On 8/18/2018 at 7:52 PM, RollingStoney said:

So you guys will be pleased to know we fucking slaughtered Bunbury - in the nicest possible way -

(We are the Great Southern Breakers - in black - in case you weren't sure)

xWM2CgOl.jpg

Your birthday present is appreciated.

Glad you won! 

On 8/18/2018 at 7:52 PM, RollingStoney said:

Nobody died, I only landed on my butt once (but no bruise which I'm devastated about) oh and I woN MOST VALUABLE JAMMER!

I am not a jammer normally, I do all the blocking - jammer score the points and I do all the stopping of jammers, but one of our jammers was feeling ill so I backed up our other two.. And got this sweet handmade trophy! It's a shark on a skate wheel painted in silver glitter. 

s0nvEW7l.png

So apparently I'm a jammer now >.< Might be time to work on my conditioning... 

Related image

(NOT SORRY)

• Like 2

^^ worth it.

Day off mini challenge went well. I really just wanted to get out of the house and get some me-time in (one downside to my partner being unemployed is he is literally ALWAYS around and I like some alone time occasionally)

I smashed out a few coaching course modules and managed to handball letter-writing to someone much better then I. Didn’t ring the breast check clinic because i forgot It was on my list. But I got myself a haircut and took myself to a cafe for a coffee and it was nice to have some quiet time. And I’ve forgotten the last time my hair got a trim that wasn’t just me with the clippers fixing my undercut :S

Then I had to coach a small horde of small children in roller skating and that

was nuts. Children are not my comfort zone at. All. But I got to get my skates on for an hour so that was good. Practiced some jam skating footwork in between herding kidlets.

I almost didnt go to the gym but after the attack of the small children I needed to burn some anxiety off and Simple and Sinister is a pretty quick workout so I went and did that on the way home.

Now my S.O and I are off to watch Jurassic world because our cinema is having $10 movie night and that’s a bargain nowadays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollingStoney said:

Now my S.O and I are off to watch Jurassic world because our cinema is having $10 movie night and that’s a bargain nowadays.

Exclusive preview:

Image result for jurassic park funny

• Like 1

Been a bit quiet the last few days; my brain's been acting out on me and I haven't been sleeping very well either. Got 6 hours of sleep last night despite a small existential crisis in the middle of the night about where my life is going and what my purpose in life. I took a mental health day off from training and didn't go to the gym on wednesday or today. meal compliance hasn't been great either and I haven't been eating as much which possibly might be making me feel a bit worse as well? But I'm still going and I'm trying to funnel my anxiety and creative frustration into my ukulele and sketching so I am at least practicing and accomplishing something. 

13 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

ugh stupid lizard brain.

Hope things are looking up this week.

Much better this week :)

Lols. So Shark week hit a week early - probably why I was feeling like trash all end of last week. Saturday was cheat day so I ate lots of carbs and beer at my mums place, and Sunday my partner cooked dinner which had lots of pasta in it, so I wonder if maybe the many many carbs helped me feel like crap?

Saturday we did a busy bee at my mum's place ripping up her driveway and I think I was the only one who wasn't sore the next day :P I wasn't going to go to the gym because of that on Sunday but I was feeling pretty good so I went anyway. Makes a change from feeling great and -not- going. 

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (today) I've had off from work - despite their best attempts -  so I got my food prep done and scheduling done and got my diet back on track. Went to training on Monday night, nearly didn't go but I was glad I did. 

Week 2 wrap up

Weightlifting 2/2

Did Simple and Sinister on Tuesday and 5x5 on Sunday.

Skating 1/2

Only made time for one session on skates and that was coaching small kids but I did get a fair bit of footwork practice in. 

Slow Carb 3/7

Did not do great here this week but my weight is still trending down which makes me feel less guilty about it. I'm starting to think my energy is a bit more level when I keep carb levels down. 

Mindfulness 7/7

Noice. I think this is helping a lot at making me feel full after meals.