The Books of Vries: Mythical Misfit

Have you ever read the Dealing with Dragons series? (aka the Enchanted Forest Chronicles) There's a character in that, Morwen the witch, who I think is close to the "henwife" as you've described her. Here's her description from Wikipedia:

"Morwen - A practical-minded and highly sensible witch who lives in the Enchanted Forest with her nine cats. She is short, with ginger hair and small square glasses. She infuriates Vamist in the third book with her nine cats (he thinks witches should only have one), none of whom are black, and the fact that she grows plain apples in her garden, among other things."

Morwen isn't a mother, herself, but she's very motherly towards other characters. Also, the main character of the first two books, Princess Cimorene, is a very practical woman who dislikes being a princess because she wants to do things for herself. After being kidnapped by a dragon, she finds she enjoys being a sort of housewife figure for her "captor". Especially later on, when she becomes a mother, I think there are some hints of the Henwife in her, as well.

• Like 2

Not Really an Update

Enting and I have been taken down our first mummy-baby cold. Everything else is in stasis until we are feeling better... so this is probably the end of this challenge for me. I think it went all right.

And I already have ideas for the next one!

• Like 2

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Current Storyline: Tales of Owlshire | 0 | 1

Previous  Storyline: The Entwife’s Heart | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

It's been a hard week. Being sick while also taking care of a sick baby has been challenging. Mr of Vries helped where he could, but we didn't want him to get sick (he had an Important Event on Wednesday which we hope to hear the results of in a couple of weeks), so I took on most of the exposure and work.

But a sick baby doesn't sleep well and so then neither does a sick mummy. It's felt a bit like the first few weeks of Enting did with the lack of sleep. Friday was the hardest day of all with Enting being really on edge and me being so underslept I had no wherewithall to cope with it. I'd list it on the "top 5 worst mummy days" so far.

Luckily, it's the weekend and Mr of Vries is here to help and we're recovering. He took on Enting last night so I was able to get a full night of uninterrupted sleep and a lie-in and I'm feeling a lot better today.

• Like 4

Druid and Adventurer

The Wye/Dean, UK

Current Storyline: Tales of Owlshire | 0 | 1

Previous  Storyline: The Entwife’s Heart | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

On 9/8/2018 at 5:21 AM, Ann of Vries said:

I'd list it on the "top 5 worst mummy days" so far.

Oh, my, I'm so sorry. Hope you both get well soon. I'd love to say you won't have anymore days like that, but... I will say that each one makes you stronger as a parent and a person. I can remember when the swine flu was in full swing in our home. Luckily, at least one of us at some point felt up to helping the others, so there was never a moment where all of us were sick.

Get well soon. 

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b