• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jonfirestar

JonFirestar: Knightfall

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Right now though I'm claiming I won the fight :) 

Hell yeah you did! Well done, my friend.

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I went from being able to perform a single pull up to being able to hit 4 in a row and several reps over multiple sets. I'm not going to continue it like this but I'm more than happy with the overall progress. 

This is really cool. I'm sure you're going to find this improvement really helps with your Spartan Sprint this weekend.

• Like 1

Nice work on turning things around Jon. You seem to mentally be in a much better place lately which makes working on goals so much easier than when you're fighting yourself. I understand your apprehension that it won't stay that way, but you've shown that even when dealing with an injury and a bad headspace that you can come through the other side

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

It actually sounds really relaxing. 

That is  so awesome! I'm glad you feel accomplished.

It is actually very relaxing and it is doing wonders for managing my stress which I hadn't quite realised had gotten so out of hand. And thank you :) 

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

You are very welcome. Always here :) xx

Thanks Lizz, it really did help :) 

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I'll back you up on that :) 

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Hell yeah you did! Well done, my friend

14 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Thirded!

:) Thanks. I'm feeling so much better now than I have in a long long time. 

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

This is really cool. I'm sure you're going to find this improvement really helps with your Spartan Sprint this weekend.

:D I don't know about that but it's sure to help. If nothing else the high intensity wods I've been doing should help with burpees. 

1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

Nice work on turning things around Jon. You seem to mentally be in a much better place lately which makes working on goals so much easier than when you're fighting yourself. I understand your apprehension that it won't stay that way, but you've shown that even when dealing with an injury and a bad headspace that you can come through the other side

Oh yes, a much better mental place. I was not in a very good state at the start of the challenge. I think that is fairly evident. If I have something to keep me grounded I'm able to grind my way though. That's why I keep doing challenges and why they are important to me (beyond the social aspect) because I don't think I would have made it through without being able to vent and work through it within the challenge. 

I am cautious about it and the suddenness of the change is what has me most suspicious of it but I'm going to run with it while I can! 

26 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Thirded! I could immediately see when the tide turned for you. It was the vibe in your writing! I'm so happy for you.

I'm sure it was quite clear in my writing. Everything changed really quickly. Like a curtain being drawn back to let in the light. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

I am cautious about it and the suddenness of the change is what has me most suspicious of it but I'm going to run with it while I can! 

I'm in the same boat. The first half of this challenge was rough and about halfway through things just flipped. Right now I'm feeling great about my eating habits and feel like once my foot cooperates I can make a good attempt at making running a habit. But I also know that it can flip back just as quickly, especially if I try to do too much. So I'm trying to be smart and stay cautiously optimistic

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

So next challenge I'll be swapping in some specific recovery workouts and my runs will continue to evolve as more options open up. 

So next challenge will see some more specific easy recovery workouts and a little more thought put into how I seperate things around. I think I'm going to keep my format going. I really enjoy the quick hard strength WODS and right now I think they are more beneficial than longer slower lifting sessions.

Sounds like a great plan and what a great challenge you had! Well done Jon!

• Like 1