• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone Gets A Letter

On 8/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, Grymm said:

Hurray on bench power!  I myself prefer graph paper composition books for all notebook purposes.

I like the dotted grid ;) 

On 8/12/2018 at 3:38 AM, Blocky said:

Thread hijack

I found this blog in the depths of the interwebs: https://brennantranslation.wordpress.com/

It has a bunch of ancient (there's one from the 1600s) Chinese martial arts manuals (kung fu, taiji, weapons) that have been translated into English. Might be an interesting read...

End of thread hijack...

Oooooo fun! Thanks for the link! I'll have a browse through :D 

On 8/13/2018 at 7:48 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

funny... i received 3 calls from an omaha number yesterday all which left blank voicemails...

It... wasn't me...

<.<

>.>

23 hours ago, Jord said:

so exciting! school! :D

IKR? I missed it. Really looking forward to getting started!

_____

Our trip is coming to an end and I'm ready to go home. Sleep has been nil this trip and I'm looking forward to getting home and sleeping in tomorrow. We may have some weather delays, but I'm hoping it won't be an issue. I made some bujo pages to plan for the week, not crazy about the (half) spread I have so far, but I've been absolutely awful about this bujo - I've ripped out quite a few pages already and the spine integrity is paying for it. Either way, I'm going to repair what I can with washi and try not to be too much of a perfectionist going forward. I'm going to see about making next week's spread a bit different. (Part of me wants to get a whole new book and start over, but that feels like bad form, no?)

Here's what I have so far..

3kxvzaL.jpg

77B5guRl.jpg

3txDkTul.jpg

69WVGPWl.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CourtnieMarie said:

half spread leaves room for future doodles! also it's gorgeous.

Thanks! But I'm self sabotaging up the kazoo... 2 of those pages fell out while I was packing my book -_- I'm going to start again towards the middle of the book, I'll use the beginning for other more free form elements... (sad face)

26 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Thanks! But I'm self sabotaging up the kazoo... 2 of those pages fell out while I was packing my book -_- I'm going to start again towards the middle of the book, I'll use the beginning for other more free form elements... (sad face)

oh no!! is it really self-sabotage? sounds like an honest oopsie ;) 

• Haha 1

Just now, CourtnieMarie said:

oh no!! is it really self-sabotage? sounds like an honest oopsie ;) 

LOL only because I kept ripping out pages that "weren't good enough" I know better than that! Yet here we are.... SIGH

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

I made some bujo pages to plan for the week, not crazy about the (half) spread I have so far, but I've been absolutely awful about this bujo - I've ripped out quite a few pages already and the spine integrity is paying for it.

100% Me!

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

(Part of me wants to get a whole new book and start over, but that feels like bad form, no?)

Also 100% me.  There's only one thing I have more of than my spare/random backpacks.

Spare random notebooks half used, or waiting for 'the perfect moment.'

Also - damn girl, that BuJo is freaking gorgeous!   I wish I could do those letters, they make it look so fab.    But reading this also reminded me to pull mine out and make sure to get back in the habit.   So thank you!

On 8/11/2018 at 1:03 PM, Grymm said:

Hurray on bench power!  I myself prefer graph paper composition books for all notebook purposes.

I'll meet you in the middle - I like a dotted grid!

On 8/12/2018 at 4:38 AM, Blocky said:

Thread hijack

I found this blog in the depths of the interwebs: https://brennantranslation.wordpress.com/

It has a bunch of ancient (there's one from the 1600s) Chinese martial arts manuals (kung fu, taiji, weapons) that have been translated into English. Might be an interesting read...

End of thread hijack...

Neat! I've been checking this out during my travels!! Thanks so much!

On 8/13/2018 at 8:48 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

funny... i received 3 calls from an omaha number yesterday all which left blank voicemails...

Hehehehe totally not me!! 

giphy.gif

_____

So. It's been a few days. And by that I mean DAYUM, what a few days we've had! We were supossed to be back in NY on Tuesday night,  but after flight cancellations and missed connections, ended up in San Fransisco... fortunately one of my students is there and picked us up and put us up, so we ended up with a sort of bonus vacation - except with next to no sleep and I had to scramble to cancel my sessions for the week. I'm feeling more rested today, but also feeling kinda resigned that I'm blowing off this week. I'm going to see about connecting with clients for next week, then get my studying started.. but truly, my head is fried! Here is a list of things and places that I cannot remember the order of:

Waking up at 4am to catch original flight - this easily set the tone for the week

Anthony Bourdain recommended BBQ joint in Kansas City

Fear of heat stroke in Missouri

Rehearsal dinner and wedding - more BBQ

Staying up very late with family, drinking pool side and getting no sleep

Parks in Omaha

Fountains in Kansas City and sunburn

IHOP wedding brunch (I'd never been!)

Video game and candy museum (?) in Omaha

Staying with friends somewhere north of Omaha where we got no sleep

Staying in a microtel where we got no sleep

Lunch at a bar where everyone chain smoked

All day at the airport

Late night karaoke in Oakland

Staying in Berkley where cats kept us up and we got no sleep

Wandering around Telegraph avenue

The California Jazz Conservatory

Student Orientation in Berkley

A very crowded and large red eye flight home

Finding Mr Red a train near airport to get him to work

• Like 2

yikes, girl. get some rest above all and then tackle life again. although a lot of the looks SUPER FUN it also looks exhausting.

also lol to IHOP - what'd ya think? :lol:

• Like 1

Last time I went to IHOP, they were basically serving pancakes with cake frosting.  I got an omelette, but I hear they may even put pancake batter in the eggs to make them fluffier.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Last time I went to IHOP, they were basically serving pancakes with cake frosting.  I got an omelette, but I hear they may even put pancake batter in the eggs to make them fluffier.

they absolutely do, my SO has to ask for them without since gluten intolerant!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

also lol to IHOP - what'd ya think? :lol:

Well, breakfast sandwiches are basically my greatest comfort food, and since it seemed wrong to not get pancakes, I got pancake sliders. They were delicious in the way that extremely high calorie fat, sugar and salt treats go, but I'm not gonna lie... I got really sick after -_- 

17 hours ago, Grymm said:

Last time I went to IHOP, they were basically serving pancakes with cake frosting. 

Pretty much. I really respected the members of our party that just went for the dessert crepes!

17 hours ago, Grymm said:

I got an omelette, but I hear they may even put pancake batter in the eggs to make them fluffier.

17 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

they absolutely do, my SO has to ask for them without since gluten intolerant!

Yesss, I saw that on the menu! So weird!!! 

_____

So I think I'm back, energy-wise. I took a nap after a very utilitarian and minimalist full body lift yesterday. (Pulldowns/squats/bench/TRX OH tris for some reason too.) And slept plenty last night. Going in for a few make up sessions cause I feel guilty and want to accommodate, but packed a backpack for studying after that. Tonight is date night, but I think I can go up to the bookstore and get in some productive hours first. I also plan on listening to some inspiring podcasts along the way to get me fired up and recalibrated for work mode.

Post travel diet reset is focused on chemical reduction, so mostly organic produce and made from scratch whatever I can, with as little added sugar as possible. (Last night I made whole wheat thin crust pizza with tomato and herbs from the garden for the sauce! Only thing I didn't make was the cheese, but it was something I had in the fridge that I wanted to use up.) SO I wouldn't call it a sugar or carbs or whatever cleanse, more like an aim for simplicity goal. Feels good and easy! We'll see how the study mish goes...

• Like 4

Late to the party a lil bit... but heck of a trip there Red!  See you're getting back at it, and that's awesome.  Good triples!  I know it's in the past, but I wasn't here lol, what happened to your shoulder back in the day? 

Holy crap, what a whirlwind!

Those weeks tend to throw me into a serious spiral, so hang on tight and just give yourself some space to reset!

I know you'll get it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Baxtan said:

Late to the party a lil bit... but heck of a trip there Red!  See you're getting back at it, and that's awesome.  Good triples!  I know it's in the past, but I wasn't here lol, what happened to your shoulder back in the day? 

Hey there! Aint no rules in a RedStone challenge! (Uh, except the challenge rules maybe??? hmmm) Anyway hi! I've had shoulder problems in general for a good while now - I've ended up in physical therapy 4 times over the past 10 years - pulled rhomboid, rotator cuff stuff and chronic bicep tendonitis. I'd say the biggest change making from this past year/round (I was just finishing physical therapy for it this time last year) has been the regular lat shrugs. My shoulder stability is way better than it's been in over a decade and there's a whole lot more strength now too.

7 hours ago, raptron said:

Garden eats. <3

Good luck tuning back into work mode.

6 hours ago, Grumble said:

Work mode sucks.

LOL yeah, getting back in the groove! I'm easing in, trying to give the balance of time/energy along with the studying

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Holy crap, what a whirlwind!

Those weeks tend to throw me into a serious spiral, so hang on tight and just give yourself some space to reset!

I know you'll get it.

Yeah, I'm feeling a wee better now! Catch up is tough!!! 

Had an awesome afternoon yesterday with my bestie who lives kinda far away. We planned this a few weeks ago and honestly, the 90 mins one way wasn't all that bad - I was home in time to record the podcast with Mr Red (did I tell you we've started that again? :D ) But the important thing is that I'm trying to prioritize my time better, and include seeing people I love and make me feel wonderful. I had kind of a rough morning and it would have been easy to pull that cancel crap and I'm soooooo glad I didn't. These are the kinds of priorities I need in my life for sure and we even got a really beautiful walk around the lake and bonus for pushing (almost) heavy strollers! Kinda like sled pushes!

• Like 6

18 hours ago, RedStone said:

These are the kinds of priorities I need in my life

This same notion keeps popping up in my head and even though I WANT to do it, it is still so hard to do it.  It's so weird right?

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 3:56 PM, Jord said:

c3156ce2ea76d19bd4be5dcf1a50a4cc.gif

This is amazing.

_____

Okay, I've been a little M.I.A. here. Things have been busy, but overall good. I had a weird week but I think this is the new normal for pre-sharks. There were days of drinking, and days of not. I'm getting more to a point where I'm not thinking about it - like last night which was an ordained drinking day but I just didn't crave it or remember enough to actually drink anything, so I didn't. 

My new bujo is amazeballs and I made a rule that every time I was tempted to rip out a page for being imperfect, I had to draw "progress not perfection" somewhere on that page. It's nice to have that reminder - it's the first phrase I used on my first bujo to get me past the fear of mucking it up LOL 

Studying is going well-ish. Not as much this week as last due to some dips in energy, but not non existent either. I've discovered flow charting for note taking and I don't know why this took so long! I love flow charts SUPER HARD and have since college. It takes time, but really cements the info into my brain biz. (And it's so pretty! I'm sure this is related.)

Working out is normal, 3X lifting, but mostly walking for anything else. I feel like I need to be looking at more cardio conditioning again, it's been lacking for a little while. Not a massive priority atm (shock!) but on the back burner. I'm getting one session in a week min so that's not terrible, but I'm noticing shortness of breath at weird times lately. Not sure if it's related to seasonal change, hormonal change or if I have a chest cold I'm unaware of (not unheard of for me), but yeah, it's on my mind a bit. 

Meditation is there, could be more frequent, but I am getting it in. Self development work is absolutely hapenning on the regular in all different ways, it's going well. (See drinking above.)

Okee. Friends visiting this weekend, gotta cook! Happy weekend everyone <3

• Like 6

On 8/14/2018 at 9:09 AM, RedStone said:

I like the dotted grid ;) 

I <3 dotted grid bujos, and your study spreads are gorgeous! I get it about the perfectionism, though - I am in a constant battle to not rip pages out of mine, and my spreads are much rougher/more minimalist than yours. 

On 8/14/2018 at 10:27 AM, Starpuck said:

100% Me!

Also 100% me.  There's only one thing I have more of than my spare/random backpacks.

Spare random notebooks half used, or waiting for 'the perfect moment.'

Also me. Bags and notebooks. They're everywhere. 

4 hours ago, RedStone said:

My new bujo is amazeballs and I made a rule that every time I was tempted to rip out a page for being imperfect, I had to draw "progress not perfection" somewhere on that page. It's nice to have that reminder - it's the first phrase I used on my first bujo to get me past the fear of mucking it up LOL 

"Progress not perfection" rule = great! 

Glad to hear you are recovering from your trip, sounds like you have a sound travel de-tox plan in place. And yay for self-dev going well! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RedStone said:

Okee. Friends visiting this weekend, gotta cook! Happy weekend everyone <3

Inquiring minds want to know what you are cooking?

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 10:50 AM, Jord said:

Inquiring minds want to know what you are cooking?

On 8/31/2018 at 12:28 PM, scalyfreak said:

Yes, you can't just post something like that and not share. 

Sorry, it's been a crazy busy time getting everything together and then concentrated face time with peeps I really needed to see :D Here is my party list for what I was making:

oE0XHNHl.jpg

Because of time, I ended up getting store bought hummus (which I forgot to open for the party and am eating for dinner right now) -_- I didn't bother making crackers either, and some friends brought burgers and watermelon and stuff. Mr Red helped a lot, and friends that came a night early helped with pretzels and dips and stuff. Good times were had by all and I'm exhausted!

An added bonus, one of my peeps has voice work experience and he recorded an intro and some promo spots for thinksink! Super legit podcast swag, and it was really fun to record, there's lots of stuff I think we can use for bloopers at the end of episodes. (I don't know if I've talked about it here much, but I'm really really happy about how this season is coming together!) So, fun stuff. I just need to get my hands on some music to attach to the intro before Thursday's go time. WE SHALL SEEEEEEEE

Meanwhile, by the by... new lock screen who dis.

0kZcFYgl.jpg

• Like 4