• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

courtniemarie crosses the horizon

On 8/13/2018 at 8:38 AM, Jord said:

you know you are gonna be gorgeous in that dress regardless, right?

22 hours ago, raptron said:

qft

Dude for serious. I can't imagine a world where you aren't gorgeous. It just doesn't exist in this plane of existence!

I had a really long engagement and I definitely added a few pounds after the rush of loosing too much in preparation. I ended up ditching the soft under corset in exchange for a strapless bra to make room for that extra inch, and IT WAS FINE. My memories from the wedding involve dancing and smiling and kissing and drinking champagne. <3 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Dude for serious. I can't imagine a world where you aren't gorgeous. It just doesn't exist in this plane of existence!

I had a really long engagement and I definitely added a few pounds after the rush of loosing too much in preparation. I ended up ditching the soft under corset in exchange for a strapless bra to make room for that extra inch, and IT WAS FINE. My memories from the wedding involve dancing and smiling and kissing and drinking champagne. <3 

you're absolutely right of course <3

i was already in a place of "no frills" when i bought the dress so i knew i wasn't going to wear anything underneath it. also the benefit of small boobs :lol: the sash/belt will hide where it pinches in at my waist and if the bra extender gives me an extra inch then even better!

i'm excited to try on my new rehearsal dinner options tonight and here's hoping they're all great! then you folx can help me choose :D 

• Like 4

i'm excited to try on my new rehearsal dinner options tonight and here's hoping they're all great! then you folx can help me choose  

Ermegerddddd yes!!!!
  • Like 1

Week 1 – Tuesday

40# goblet squats x10

high knees x30

30# (each hand) DB deadlifts

jump rope x50

x4

5 box jumps on my usual height. I stared at the taller box for a longgggggggg time. and didn’t do anything about it.

Got home to a big pile of dog puke on the carpet. That was fun. she seems fine now. Cooked up a batch of summer Italian chicken and tried on the new things I got for potential rehearsal dinner outfits. I think one is a winner, I love the way it looks and it's more comfortable than the other option I had. it’s still a tad tight sitting down but I was able to eat dinner in it last night and watch tv without distress. More clothes details/photos in spoiler

Spoiler

1. The one I really wanted to work I didn’t take a picture of. It did fit but it was really low cut, open back, and flowy. Based on the pictures, I probably needed a smaller size or to make some tailoring adjustments. I could definitely wear a cute bra with it that’s meant to show but that didn’t seem comfortable for a mostly family affair. Either way, not worth the hassle!

2. super cute but scuba material feels a bit awkward and it gathered weird in the back near my shoulder. Again, I probably could’ve done with a size smaller or some tailoring. also why so wrinkly?

BSBjhOZZ4UwB46cxB6UYASgSdK2WzrQP4E666Ytv

9w1p4gDIZKabCFlUL4zxXKjf8mShZCp1dn2cX1f_

3. really cute romper that I REALLY wanted to work. it looked great! was a tiny bit short in the torso but a wrapover covers any camel-toe. UNFORTUNATELY even with white undies you could see RIGHT thru the back.

GG70VF2LySTppfeQXi66Ear6dIJSIbH9lphao2jb

4. The last one was kind of hilarious. I don’t know why I bought it lol another open back no idea what bra to wear with it.

y25RJ4ITCTY2qHE6fAChOY-KSN86TAR3hTrOp7wM

UJ2bX2nhwuzgRHj4HDK2e_GSZouvz6N3zBzg9HWE

at the end of this sad saga i decided to try the romper on one more time with different undies. IT WORKED. that's when i proceeded to eat dinner and watch TV in it

OyFc8S7Kd8BqknAROetCakLMMLs-4GVmNR-9jUpZ

pRgKdOFWjGGYIwDGYDNusHQiDqv52Hv4CLqJJEDl

No time for yoga

weekly tracker

workouts: 2/5

calories: 2078

walk: 0/5

restaurant food: 0

yoga: 11

• Like 2

Of the three shown I like the romper best overall. I like the cut of the 2nd one, but weird material is weird. 

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

5 box jumps on my usual height. I stared at the taller box for a longgggggggg time. and didn’t do anything about it.

What's your usual height and what's the next height?

48 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Of the three shown I like the romper best overall. I like the cut of the 2nd one, but weird material is weird. 

hey thanks! yeah i so wish that 2nd one wasn't basically wetsuit material.

48 minutes ago, Grumble said:

What's your usual height and what's the next height?

Ariel-the-Little-Mermaid-facepalm-embarr

i don't know haha i'd hazard a guess that my usual one is 18in and the next height is 24 or 30? my gym unfortunately doesn't have a real selection of boxes.

• Haha 1

RE: White under-things shining through white clothes - don't wear white underneath. Wear a color as close to your skin color as you can find - the white shows up because it is such a contrast to the color of your skin. Take that factor out of the equation, and problem solved.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

RE: White under-things shining through white clothes - don't wear white underneath. Wear a color as close to your skin color as you can find - the white shows up because it is such a contrast to the color of your skin. Take that factor out of the equation, and problem solved.

giphy.gif

NUDE UNDERWEAR SAVES THE DAY AGAIN. I love that romper.

Also, I've found that the best option for all these backless things is going braless and/or doing one of those dumb sticky bras/nipple cover situations. OBVIOUSLY not a good solution for the big chested, but good enough for the more scantily endowed among us, hah.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raptron said:

NUDE UNDERWEAR SAVES THE DAY AGAIN. I love that romper.

Also, I've found that the best option for all these backless things is going braless and/or doing one of those dumb sticky bras/nipple cover situations. OBVIOUSLY not a good solution for the big chested, but good enough for the more scantily endowed among us, hah.

yeah i definitely think i need some of that stuffs because everything i seem to enjoy is all like HI BACK, HOW ARE YOU

Week 1 – Wednesday

Slept in and did some yoga at home before work. also followed up with more yoga in the evening which included this ab work:

20 russian twists

50 flutter kicks

two 30s planks

diced and cooked 5# of chicken in the pressure cooker which I stored for tonight’s dinner and then had leftovers for dinner last night.

totally forgot about a walk. yeep. work's getting a bit hectic as i wrap things up before leaving

tumblr_omc3rdfdAQ1s7xuajo2_500.gif

weekly tracker

workouts: 2/5

calories: 1868

walk: 0/5

yoga: 39

• Like 2

Week 1 – Thursday

since I skipped a workout on wednesday I did two yesterday, they're short so I was able to get them both in before work.

15# x15 bent-over two DB row with palms in

15# x10 palms in DB OHP

15# x10 DB front squat

x4 (weight is lbs per hand)

hanging knee raises x10 - these definitely work my grip more than my abs

weighted sit ups 25# x10

crunches x10

x3

went on a walk right after work with the pup! made dinner, prepped food for work today and tried to get to bed earlier than I have been this week. it wasn’t super successful. I will be sleeping all weekend.

weekly tracker

workouts: 4/5

calories: 1854

walk: 9/5

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I will be sleeping all weekend.

Favorite weekend plans, TBPH. This whole adulting thing is exhausting at times.

9 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

hanging knee raises x10 - these definitely work my grip more than my abs

I saw a post from Marisa Inda where she recommends you try expelling your breath before raising your knees to help really focus on your abs. Haven't tried it myself yet, so YMMV.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Favorite weekend plans, TBPH. This whole adulting thing is exhausting at times.

I saw a post from Marisa Inda where she recommends you try expelling your breath before raising your knees to help really focus on your abs. Haven't tried it myself yet, so YMMV.

interesting! i will try that next time.

• Like 1

I fully recommend doing lying leg lifts instead of hanging for abs. It's too easy to just tilt your shoulders back and have them be the primary movers compared to your lower abs. Not so much on the floor.

Much walking~! Get that sleep in now!

• Thanks 1

Week 1 – Friday

DB cleans: 15# x10

palms in DB OHP: 15# x10

overhead slam: 15# x10

sit ups x10

jump rope x50

x4

busy work day. there was leftover buffalo chicken calzone in the kitchen and I had some of that instead of the snacks I brought. #worthit

workouts: 5/5

calories: 1700

Week 1 – Saturday

lots of errands and running around. cleaned up the house some and packed everything we could for the wedding weekend! went and hung out with friends for a few hours which included homemade pickles, nectarine trees, and princess bride.

we had a late dinner of chicken, rice, spinach, and beans

calories: 1989

Week 1 – Sunday

another loki day of cleaning and netflix. late lunch was chipotle which racked my week 1 restaurant total to ONE! that’s a lot less than recent weeks. we made a big baked oatmeal for this week too.

calories: 2222

restaurant food: 1

a few tightly knotted wedding prep strings are coming loose but I think will be easily tightened. just mildly annoying to have gone over something numerous times.

tumblr_oljdmhg2WK1w0uqxpo8_540.gif

week 1 scores!

avg cals: 1906/1950

calories were eaten, workouts were done, a walk was had. I’ve lost 7 lbs since 6/9/18. yoga is falling a bit by the wayside but if I can keep my sleep close to 8hrs I’m okay with that. it avged 7h38m last week.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

a few tightly knotted wedding prep strings are coming loose but I think will be easily tightened. just mildly annoying to have gone over something numerous times.

Boooo! 

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

week 1 scores!

avg cals: 1906/1950

calories were eaten, workouts were done, a walk was had. I’ve lost 7 lbs since 6/9/18. yoga is falling a bit by the wayside but if I can keep my sleep close to 8hrs I’m okay with that. it avged 7h38m last week.

Getting it doneeeee!!! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

another loki day of cleaning and netflix. late lunch was chipotle which racked my week 1 restaurant total to ONE! that’s a lot less than recent weeks. we made a big baked oatmeal for this week too.

Big success!

And what, two weeks left? A week? I've lost track. I'm so excited for you!

6 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Big success!

And what, two weeks left? A week? I've lost track. I'm so excited for you!

thanks! FIVE MORE DAYYYYYSSSS

things.

8/10: moulin rouge

8/11: brewery crawl

8/12: baby shower

8/18: clean apartment thoroughly

8/19: pack for wedding; plan for labor day

8/20: send final headcounts

8/23: leave for ptown! clean glassware for centerpieces, put together welcome bags

8/24: hand out bags, nails, check in dog watcher, rehearsal

8/25: IT’S OUR WEDDING DAYYYYYYYY

• Like 5

17 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

thanks! FIVE MORE DAYYYYYSSSS

things.

8/10: moulin rouge

8/11: brewery crawl

8/12: baby shower

8/18: clean apartment thoroughly

8/19: pack for wedding; plan for labor day

8/20: send final headcounts

8/23: leave for ptown! clean glassware for centerpieces, put together welcome bags

8/24: hand out bags, nails, check in dog watcher, rehearsal

8/25: IT’S OUR WEDDING DAYYYYYYYY

FOUR MORE DAYS, WEEEEEEE

7KsI.gif

• Thanks 1

thanks y'all!! it's very exciting. i tightened those wedding strings that came loose and am considering reducing the tip for the person who fucked up...

Week 2 – Monday

10 PUSH UPS

20 HIGH KNEES

30 SQUATS

40 SECOND JUMPING JACKS

50 SECOND PLANK

40 MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS

30 SQUATS

20 PUSH UPS

10 BURPEES

X2

sorry for the all caps, it’s a copy/paste and I’m not re-typing it hahaha

got some pork ribs in the instant pot and then went on a nice sunny walk with the pup. folded a load of laundry but didn’t get any yoga in. dinner was delicious btw. Boneless country ribs cooked per nomnompaleo’s Kahlua pig topped with baked beans and a side of sautéed spinach and onion.

workouts: 1/5

calories: 1778

walk: 8/5

yoga: 0

• Like 2