• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

courtniemarie crosses the horizon

42 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Boneless country ribs cooked per nomnompaleo’s Kahlua pig topped with baked beans and a side of sautéed spinach and onion.

Gordon Ramsay GIF - Gordon Ramsay Delicious GIFs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

got some pork ribs in the instant pot and then went on a nice sunny walk with the pup. folded a load of laundry but didn’t get any yoga in. dinner was delicious btw. Boneless country ribs cooked per nomnompaleo’s Kahlua pig topped with baked beans and a side of sautéed spinach and onion.

That sounds yummy.  I'm about to start trying out some new recipes in the Instant Pot.  I mostly use it for beans so far.  I fixed mac and cheese in it Sunday that was better than boxed, at least.  My wife is getting on me to fix some meat.  We're mostly vegetarian, but it seems she's in a meat mood.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaD MaLKaV said:

That sounds yummy.  I'm about to start trying out some new recipes in the Instant Pot.  I mostly use it for beans so far.  I fixed mac and cheese in it Sunday that was better than boxed, at least.  My wife is getting on me to fix some meat.  We're mostly vegetarian, but it seems she's in a meat mood.

Instant pot for the win!  I recently bought an air fryer on prime day, and that has also been a worthwhile purchase.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Instant pot for the win!  I recently bought an air fryer on prime day, and that has also been a worthwhile purchase.

If you had to choose one, which would it be? (I'm hoping to get rid of one of our crockpots and get an air fryer in its place, but I need good anecdotal evidence first.

18 minutes ago, MaD MaLKaV said:

That sounds yummy.  I'm about to start trying out some new recipes in the Instant Pot.  I mostly use it for beans so far.  I fixed mac and cheese in it Sunday that was better than boxed, at least.  My wife is getting on me to fix some meat.

I have many many recipes. I LOOVE MY INSTAPOT! I have also had some absolute flops.

We're mostly vegetarian, but it seems she's in a meat mood.

Oh Yeah Vector GIF - OhYeah Vector Minion GIFs

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grumble said:

If you had to choose one, which would it be? (I'm hoping to get rid of one of our crockpots and get an air fryer in its place, but I need good anecdotal evidence first.

This is like picking one of your children... but I don't have kids so I'd probably keep the instant pot even though I have a slow cooker.  Ultimately, the air fryer makes healthier versions of food I should probably not be eating on my current cut.  The instant pot I can use to make shredded chicken to put in other things. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaD MaLKaV said:

yes we have many instant pot recipes around these parts for meat. (and other stuff too) (maybe)

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 11:25 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

8/25: IT’S OUR WEDDING DAYYYYYYYY

So just so you know, if I see you online here either on the 25th or on the 26th, I'm going to be very disappointed :P 

(Your wedding day is the same date as my anniversary of moving to the US. For some reason I find that funny.)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

So just so you know, if I see you online here either on the 25th or on the 26th, I'm going to be very disappointed :P 

yeah i'll likely not be updating after today! i'm not taking my laptop with me tomorrow morning and i typically don't NF on my phone :D 

(Your wedding day is the same date as my anniversary of moving to the US. For some reason I find that funny.)

that's awesome! cheers to a good day for big events!

Week 2 – Tuesday

20 squats

10 forward lunges (each leg)

12 jumping jacks

20 skaters

x4

then 11 minutes of yoga bc yowza, glutes!

One of my coworkers gave me a really sweet gift of GF pancake mix with VT maple syrup and homemade raspberry/blueberry jam! I thought it was ridiculously thoughtful. Then they had a little cake get together which was also really sweet. I realized I’ve been with the same company only 5 month short of being with SO. 2010 was a big year for me!

I went to pick up my dress after work and things ran late so we just picked up chipotle for dinner. I did get in more yoga afterwards!

anigif_sub-buzz-371-1480512501-2.gif

workouts: 2/5

calories: 2144

walk: 8/5

restaurant food: 1

yoga: 22

• Like 2

3 days.

3 days and you get to have the most wonderful day of your life so far.

3 days and you get to call your SO your wife (ceremonially, yes I saw the IG)

I hope you don't see this til you get back from wedding and honeymoon (if that's happening right away, I forgot)

Have a wonderful wedding, an excellent day, and in the words of my favorite podcaster, "You're going to be amazing."Image result for moana gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yeah i'll likely not be updating after today! i'm not taking my laptop with me tomorrow morning and i typically don't NF on my phone :D 

Excellent.

If something goes wrong on your big day, remember this very important thing: As long as you're there, and your chosen life partner is there, and someone who can marry you two is there, everything else is just a minor detail. Don't let minor details distract you from one of the most important days of your life.

Have a fantastic wedding day! May you both be even happier together than you've been so far. :)

image.png.318872bb093c9a90cc2b2536f6d384be.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

mPZ.gif

Congrats!

Also just so you know 90% of congratulations gifs are from the Post Malone music video so the pickins are slim.

• Haha 2

THANK YOU EVERYONE! i'm officially married and as we've been saying to friends the past week, we're now officially gay lol! which could either be a good or terrible thing in this political climate.

ANYWAY! wedding happened! it was glorious. a few hiccups that were nothing compared the energy and love of the day.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:16 AM, Grumble said:
Oriest Talking GIF - Oriest Talking Bride GIFs
Wedding AWedding Ilove Weddings GIF - Wedding AWeddingIloveWeddings DrinksAllAround GIFs
The Office Wedding GIF - TheOffice Wedding Dance GIFs

funnily enough, these gifs are quite accurate! we used the princess bride theme to walk down the aisle, made sure everyone got good n drunk for free, and people thought we choreographed our first dance (we did not).

here have a video!

• Like 7

in regards to the challenge, well. got plenty of walking in weeks 2 and 3. but did not workout or track yoga or restaurant food. i'm okay with that!

i'd like to jump back in this week though and do as much as i can. so week 4 goals!

1. get in 4 workouts
  2. go on a 5 min walk
  3. track restaurant food
  4. track yoga

not really sure how i'm going to track restaurant food and yoga yet as i was doing that on MFP and i've deleted the app. giant step towards body recovery and addressing some disordered behaviors! i do have Strides though which might prove useful.

the plan.

9/4: elections; yoga

9/5: bw workout; yoga

9/6: ab workout; dr. appt; yoga

9/7: KB workout; walk

9/8: DB workout; friends bday; ocktoberfest (restaurant food)

9/9: start thank you cards; yoga (restaurant food)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

THANK YOU EVERYONE! i'm officially married and as we've been saying to friends the past week, we're now officially gay lol! which could either be a good or terrible thing in this political climate.

Being yourself is always a good thing. Awkward, at times sure. Sometimes painful, sometimes it invites ridicule and sometimes it's even dangerous.

But it's still a good thing. :) 

And the video is great. You look like you're having a blast together. :) 

• Thanks 1

Being yourself is always a good thing. Awkward, at times sure. Sometimes painful, sometimes it invites ridicule and sometimes it's even dangerous.

But it's still a good thing. :) 

you're right :) the more we're all ourselves the less people will think that's a weird thing.

Week 4 – Tuesday

tumblr_oh62ygxhzg1snteogo5_r2_250.gif?w=
slept in yesterday which was delightful. We had made a big batch of shredded chicken before leaving for our camping trip so that and some frozen veg was lunch. bfast was leftover hard cooked eggs, made into an egg salad sandwich with leftover hamburger buns. dinner was a fantastic mix of garden vegs from my aunt and others: tomatoes, squash, eggplant, and basil. added in some chicken sausage and a bit of salt but that’s it. gotta love fresh food.

we went down to vote. I did some yoga and we watched an ep of sens8. each episode makes me mad that it got canceled bc I love it so much.

workouts: 0/4

walk: 0/5

restaurant food: 0

yoga: 11