• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski: Year 1 in Hogwarts Castle

Goals: sleep (allocate 8+ hours), aim to connect with people every day (or make a conscious choice not to), and hit the nutritionist's recommended calorie targets (2,700-2,900 per day, more if I'm suuuuper active). Also will be posting lots of HP gifs because I'll be stealing all the good ones from @RedStone's thread (and it's the closest thing I could think of to a monastery, which I joke about practically living in sometimes).

giphy.gif

^^And also some derpy ones.

Full last challenge closeout here: 

• Like 9

On 8/6/2018 at 11:54 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

tumblr_npbw5sfqjy1sfmnojo1_500.gif

Omg I forgot about Gilderoy!

9 hours ago, Grumble said:
Harry Potter Serverus Snape GIF - HarryPotter ServerusSnape AlanRickman GIFs

My spirit animal as a teacher!!! That or McGonagall!

8 hours ago, raptron said:

Doing stuff, doing stuff, it's all good cause you're doing stuff.

Doing all the stuff!

Drive by update:

- Slept about 7.5 hours both nights the past two - got really into “Deep Work” by Cal Newport and just kept reading.

- On track today, over calories yesterday because I decided an Oreo blizzard sounded really delicious

- Date night yesterday, enough people today at work that I need a break from peopling and I’m gonna read instead

• Like 4

Hey Mike! Here, my friend! 

Image result for harry potter funny gif

HP will always hold a special place in my heart. Playing RL Quidditch was an amazing experience, even if I did separate my shoulder playing. 

Wolf

11 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

a blizzard DOES sound delicious! though i'm partial to butterfinger ;) 

I need to make an occasion date to visit a DQ. It's a big commitment... but I think it needs to happen!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

a blizzard DOES sound delicious! though i'm partial to butterfinger ;) 

No wrong mix-in in my opinion!! I’ll have to try BF next time, it’s been ages since I’ve had it in blizzard form!

5 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Hey Mike! Here, my friend! 

Welcome!!! Glad to have you here!

Image result for harry potter funny gif

Bahaha I love the HP parody gifs I never knew existed!

HP will always hold a special place in my heart. Playing RL Quidditch was an amazing experience, even if I did separate my shoulder playing. 

Wolf

Oh man, I had no idea that was the source of your injury! I still have no idea how IRL quidditch works, but now I’m curious!

4 hours ago, RedStone said:

I need to make an occasion date to visit a DQ. It's a big commitment... but I think it needs to happen!

giphy.gif

So worth it!!! Nothing better than ice cream on a summer night!

I was looking for a Harry Potter dessert gif, but then this came up and now it’s the winner.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/8/2018 at 1:42 PM, calanthrophy said:

Having recently watched all the Harry Potter movies with my kid, these HP-themed jokes are no longer flying over my head. Woo.

Go read all the books too. I promise they're worth it. But I'm also 100% too HP obsessed to be an objective judge.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:36 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

Running behind, but I thought I'd drop in and leave this for you :D

Ahahahaha that is great - even if I'm pretty sure I'm still lip reading expelliarmus because I'm no fun. 

On 8/9/2018 at 8:51 PM, scalyfreak said:

I'm stealing some inspiration from you and making mindfulness a major focus this challenge period.

YES! So glad you're trying it - how's it been working out? I've let my mindfulness habit fall by the wayside, but I think I've done a good job keeping the mindset it was meant to create.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:51 PM, scalyfreak said:

Also, 

Image result for hagrid gif

On 8/12/2018 at 7:07 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Ohai! You're in the wrong guild this challenge, just sayin'. :) 

Not a problem unique to this challenge :P but I did finally get around to joining the assassin mini - probably too late to make a difference, but I'll be doing my darndest to get Ravenclaw ahead of you little puffins!

On 8/14/2018 at 2:48 AM, Chaosbane said:

Good luck with your goals. I really need to set a calorie target and actually try to stick to it. I can do this when cutting, but at other times I just can't be bothered.

It's while cutting that it's the hardest for me. Not cutting - it's always easy to fill up the calorie bucket with more fun calories!

Quick challenge update:

- Work and dance have both been a little busy / stressful lately; calories and sleep have both suffered a bit as a result (or a lot, there's been some regression to stressed out food binges for sure and it is not a productive strategy)

- First dance competition with the new partner happened and it was good; first major fight also happened and it was not good, but the resolution of said fight put us in a good direction, I think

- Been dating the same guy consistently for over a month (only about 1 date a week, so not crazy intense) and I'm happy with where that's going

All in all could be a lot worse. But goals? What are those? I did start tracking my dance practice and focused work time on post-it notes though - goal is to start seeing upward trends in both chunks of time.

Workout Today: 

Warm up / handstand practice

Chin Ups: 5# x 7 x 3 (first weighted chins ever!)

Ab Wheel: 17 x 3

Straight arm frog stand: 15 s x 3

V-ups: 10# x 11 x 3

Headstand push-ups: 6, 6, 5

Chair knees to chest: 3 x 12

Rings tuck back lever hold: 3 x 30 s (time to upgrade!)

- Rings L-sits: 3 x 10 s

Compression holds: 3 x 10s

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

YES! So glad you're trying it - how's it been working out? I've let my mindfulness habit fall by the wayside, but I think I've done a good job keeping the mindset it was meant to create.

It's one of those weird things where I do my ten minutes of meditating and I feel like "well, that was nice.Now what?", but somehow the entire rest of the day goes smoother than it does when I skip the morning meditation. I feel more balanced and little things that used to be very irritating aren't nearly as annoying anymore. Plus, Husband says I am much nicer to be around since I started meditating.

I think I'm going to keep doing this. :) 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MikeW said:

- First dance competition with the new partner happened and it was good; first major fight also happened and it was not good, but the resolution of said fight put us in a good direction, I think

First fight is important though. How it goes and what happens after is one of the best and most accurate indicators you could get on whether the relationship is going to work in the long run, and how solid that relationship will be. So if the resolution put you in a good direction, that's a good sign and what matters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sorry to hear you had your first fight with the new partner. but sounds like it ended up being constructive?

It definitely did end up being constructive and I'm very happy for that - could've been so much worse!

2 hours ago, raptron said:

You've been a busy beeee. Glad that your first dance comp went well AND that you resolved your fight in a positive way! Also yay rings! :D:D:D

:D:D it was a lot of good things - and yay rings! I'm starting to enforce a boundary at work where I *always* break for a workout MWF, we'll see if I can make that stick (it's so easy to say "1 more thing" around lunchtime, but I don't really need to do it right then).

1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

First fight is important though. How it goes and what happens after is one of the best and most accurate indicators you could get on whether the relationship is going to work in the long run, and how solid that relationship will be. So if the resolution put you in a good direction, that's a good sign and what matters.

For sure - and I'm glad that we're able to get through it, I'm not super proud of how I handled my end of things, but there's always room for growth so I'm not too worried either.

11 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

It's one of those weird things where I do my ten minutes of meditating and I feel like "well, that was nice.Now what?", but somehow the entire rest of the day goes smoother than it does when I skip the morning meditation. I feel more balanced and little things that used to be very irritating aren't nearly as annoying anymore. Plus, Husband says I am much nicer to be around since I started meditating.

I think I'm going to keep doing this. :) 

Sounds like all the data you need to know that something's working! :D

Got 7 hours of sleep last night, which is a bit low, but I had dreams without melatonin supps for the first time in recent memory. Not sure if that's a sign of anything, but interesting nonetheless. (Note: I never remember my dreams, but I'm aware of the sensation of dreaming).

• Like 2

Hey there ballroom ravenpuff challenge twin! Glad to see you're trucking along here :D

Sorry you had a fight with your partner, I'm only just having my eyes opened to the drama side of things that can be ballroom dancing.  And I thought ballerinas were dramatic... nopeeee hahah. The partnering really does add such an interesting interpersonal layer to things. I feel like it's like some sort of social experiment XD  Glad things were resolved and put you guys in a good place though! Also congrats on the comp going well :) What dances did you compete in? And also hooray for good dates!

Ah shoot that's right I really wanted to start recording my dance practices/what I learned and worked on/etc too since you said something about that last challenge and I totally forgot. Such a good idea. Congrats on the chin up PR!

13 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Sorry you had a fight with your partner, I'm only just having my eyes opened to the drama side of things that can be ballroom dancing.  And I thought ballerinas were dramatic... nopeeee hahah. The partnering really does add such an interesting interpersonal layer to things. I feel like it's like some sort of social experiment XD

Oh man I'm just imagining how difficult it must be if you're dating your ballroom partner, or if you're family! 

On 8/21/2018 at 8:02 PM, MikeW said:

I'm starting to enforce a boundary at work where I *always* break for a workout MWF, we'll see if I can make that stick

That's an excellent habit.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh man I'm just imagining how difficult it must be if you're dating your ballroom partner, or if you're family! 

The owners of my studio are pro ballroom partners and married, though I think they were partners first and then started dating not the other way around.  The guy actually grew up partnering with his sister for years and years.  I can't imagine the fights that must have ensued in the sibling pairing haha

Just now, Raxie said:

The owners of my studio are pro ballroom partners and married, though I think they were partners first and then started dating not the other way around.  The guy actually grew up partnering with his sister for years and years.  I can't imagine the fights that must have ensued in the sibling pairing haha

Hardcore.

• Haha 1