Mary's Up To No Good

mkdutch

4 hours ago, @mu said:

I know no magician wants to be Hufflepuff, but I so wish you had been sorted with us :sorrow:

Fun fact, I'm normally a Slytherin so naturally I love Hufflepuffs. So let's have some friendly competition and support eachother. ^_^ I look forward to seeing you on the quidditch field!

• Like 1

Race: Tiefling

Class: Assassin

[Level: 2STR 3DEX 2 STA 2CON 2WIS 1CHA 2 ]

I don't want to be skinny. I want to be dangerous.

Yesterday was mentally rough, but I'm feeling significantly better today. I've made progress with my handstands and I'm super happy about that. She-who-must-not-be-named showed up though so swimming is on hold for the week. I'll try to jump straight into my week 2 goals when I get back to the pool.

To help with mental health I'm trying out an app called mood paths that checks in a few times a day and records how you're doing. After 2 weeks it shows you a map of your emotions and helps identify causes and patterns. 

Athena's Playbook> History of Magic mini

Day 8 completed

3 sets:

20 high knees and 2 burpees w/ jump ×5

Handstands> Defense Against the Dark Arts mini

6 minutes of practice(see progress photo)

Reading

I haven't been nothing this, though I've taken time to read every morning. Currently 2/3rds the way through my first book.

VideoCapture_20180814-095948.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, @mu said:

Awesome pic! Slight spider woman tendency I see :P

Haha yeah, I struggle with kicking up into the handstand and still trying to get used to being upside down. Also my ceiling is super low. XD

1 hour ago, mkdutch said:

Haha yeah, I struggle with kicking up into the handstand and still trying to get used to being upside down. Also my ceiling is super low. XD

Tight space is hard... at home, I have good height but not enough space on the sides, that's my main problem.

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ooh exciting! For what purpose?

Thinking about it, toes to ceiling is probably not a bad progression. :) Looks fun either way. :D 

A friend and I are looking at Unis out there. :D

it is a lot of fun! It's less scary now. 

I'm not done with today's work but I'm excited. Sometimes progress isn't graceful. A lot of progress is falling and looks like failure. I can't kick up into a handstand yet so I started at a headstand to get used to the feeling. I did it, I flopped immediately, but I did it. Also, I can tell a difference in my strength, things are easier. It's rather exciting. Keep flopping till you succeed guys!

20180815_103604_2.gif

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mkdutch said:

I'm not done with today's work but I'm excited. Sometimes progress isn't graceful. A lot of progress is falling and looks like failure. I can't kick up into a handstand yet so I started at a headstand to get used to the feeling. I did it, I flopped immediately, but I did it. Also, I can tell a difference in my strength, things are easier. It's rather exciting. Keep flopping till you succeed guys! 

Yeah! Totally agree, progress comes from enjoying the process, which includes a lot of fails and flopping around. But it's fun and then little improvements are really sweet :P

Love the feline attitude as well :D is the state of your yoga mat due to clawing?

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

3 hours ago, @mu said:

Yeah! Totally agree, progress comes from enjoying the process, which includes a lot of fails and flopping around. But it's fun and then little improvements are really sweet :P

Love the feline attitude as well :D is the state of your yoga mat due to clawing?

Yeah, it's foam squares, so it isn't a big deal. I order a gymnastics mat yesterday though. That on is not getting left out. 

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Assassin life = falling. A lot. :D 

Please be careful with the bound headstand though, I once sprained my finger rolling over it that way. I’d even consider switching to a tripod headstand until you get a little more control of the movement and practicing at a wall for the bound headstand.

Love your attitude though! :D 

Yeah... after this I moved to the wall, set my myself too far back on my head, and rolled over my neck. Bright side my UT only seized up and I'm a massage therapist. So, it won't set me back much. Gotta be careful though. ^_^'

I love the laughing post-fall. It's the only way to liveeee. Haha.

Echoing MH, I find the more gymnastics style headstand (from a tripod) to be much more stable because you can actually use your arms to help you out! I highly recommend going for those when you are recovered enough. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

6 minutes ago, raptron said:

I love the laughing post-fall. It's the only way to liveeee. Haha.

Echoing MH, I find the more gymnastics style headstand (from a tripod) to be much more stable because you can actually use your arms to help you out! I highly recommend going for those when you are recovered enough. 

I actually had the idea that they would be less stable. I'll have to try that next round. ^_^

From a pure physics point of view the stability should be about the same as the base of support and centre of gravity are pretty much the same. However the position is kinda locked in which makes it a little harder to balance unless you get into a super solid body position straight away. In a tripod headstand you can use your wrists and fingers a lot more, same way as in a handstand, which I think helps as they’re much more sensitive to corrections than forearms. 

• Like 2

The last few days I have honestly been doing bare minimum. The first couple days of a period always knock me out between pain and fatigue. 

Wednesday

Defense Against the Dark Arts> 15 minutes of headstand practice

History of Magick>20 minutes Athena's Playbook (cardio... I still dislike burpees)

Thursday

History of Magic> 12 minutes Athena's Playbook (lower body)

Transfiguration> 30 minutes (frog pose became painful at some point recently. Need to focus on flexors for a bit)

Today

History of Magick> 18:00 Walk/Run/cooldown (.99 miles) // 14 minutes Athena's Playbook (abs, separate from Quidditch)

Transfiguration> 20 minutes lower body stretching

Defense Against the Dark Arts> 20 handstands

Quidditch> 180 reps

3 sets

-20 standing oblique crunches (BL)

-20 standard crunches

-20 straight leg raises

• Like 1

Gym workout> Quidditch (300 core reps)

-3 sets-

(1 min plank)

20 Bridges

20 Crunches

(20 Kick backs)

(20 Mountain climbers)

(20 Clams)

20 Oblique crunches BL

20 Partner Crunches

20 Medicine ball pass

Things have been difficult lately. My depression has been just awful, but I'm feeling better. Still not happy, but I no longer want to die so we are climbing out of this hole. I finally took a day off this past Sunday. I like to think it helped a little. I also realized how important food is(not that I didnt know before) Monday when light weight training almost killed me.

Anyhow! I'm back again. Yesterday marked the first of many early morning session with an old friend. 

Monday> Quidditch 

3 sets
-15 TRX pull ups
-(15 TRX push ups)
-(5 minutes rope climb)
-5 assisted pull ups (-130)
-15 later pull downs (65lbs)
-15 cable bicep curls (20lbs)

Tuesday

Athena's Playbook>History of Magick

Day 14(Combat) & 15(Yoga) [42 minutes]

Combat- 3 sets

20 combos(cross+jab)

20 combos(cross+jab+squat)

20 combos(back fist+ front kick)

20 combos(squat+side kick)

Defense Against the Dark Arts

7 minutes tumbling 

2.5 minutes handstand (entire shoulder girdle is tired from pulls yesterday. T.T)

Transfiguration

20 minutes (low back and hips)