• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck joins the UA Hero Academy

W2D3 - Still going.

I did not hockey tonight.  I had lifted at lunch and my 'go light because you're playing hockey later' workout was... maybe still way to exhausting hehe.  I also cut the grass after work, and by the time dinner was done and cleaned up it was 7:10 and I still needed to do some tablet art and a lesson and I would have had to leave at 8:10 for hockey.   I also had the heebie jeebies about the drive; it's a full moon, sharks are pending and sickness was floating around work.   So I think it was the right call.    It's not like I wasn't active.  I just didn't hockey.

Food on track.

Activity on track.

I sketched a lot today.

Redid the front and 3/4 view lesson for more practice.  (Also because next lesson was 40 minutes and there was not enough time for that.)

I also signed up for a small group with church for the fall; go me being bold.

Hmm, I can't think what else... I got the ingredients for the recipe we're cooking tomorrow, so that should be golden.

Here, pics of some of the practice sketches.

ygznwnt.jpg  OCzhui5.jpg

And a spear that will be showcased in my game this Saturday.

Kuro'ha The Black Spear - but I ended up totally changing the design in Manga Studio hah.

9nMIH7u.jpg  MUYtpTg.jpg

And bonus pic of their last big fight, lol!

• Like 4

Thursday's Summary - W2D4

Guys!  I cooked at my friends house, which means I've had zero restaurant food this week!

Even more so than that, my gaming snacks were: 1 Summer Shandy, 1 bowl of popcorn, 1 Oreo.

THAT IS HUGE!   - I may not always fair so well on game nights, but that's a huge thing- I wasn't even looking for more things to snack on.

The game itself was really great. 

Spoiler

We traveled to the Midnight Keep where my character's mentor had called her back to.   Kess is an assassin, trained by the Midnight Surprise in the art of infiltration and death, to kill corrupt officials who inflict injustice upon the nations people.   There is a lot of political shifting in this world because the rightful heir, Princess Relina, had gone missing and her half brother had assumed the throne in a surprising and uncalled for power grab.   Since then, corruption has grown, tyrants rule where once fair mayors held authority, and so on and so forth.    Now there is a council of rebels, working to get the proper heir back on the throne, and they have called Kess here to nominate her to be the icon of this movement.   The 'Blade of Restoration'.    It's super out of her comfort zone; forces her to take a role against everything she's been taught, and leave the security of the shadows and step into the light of fame.   Also - the house of Montenaro is there, and unbeknownst to Kess, that is her family.   (Her family betrayed the Midnight Surprise once, and the cost for that was to give one of their newborn twins (aka me) to the Surprise to train and keep as an 'assurance' against further betrayals.)   She actually met her sister last night, who said Kess seemed somehow familiar... perhaps to her brother.   Kess was like "Oooh no, an assassin with a familiar face, that's not good!"   So obviously I know the connection as I wrote it into my backstory, but I am trying to have the reveal come out slow for Kess and the party.      So we had a 3 hour session with no combat, and only about 5 die rolls total, and I had a blast!

I am getting into a good habit of sketching at least 3 faces a day.  A front, a profile and a 3/4 view.   This I think will be super helpful if I just keep going on this.   Soon it will be muscle memory.   But some days the sketches look so terrible, and other times they turn out fine.   Repeating mantra of "Progress is not linear.  Even when the act itself is all lines!"

Now it's Friday.   I am so wiped out!  Tired, groggy, a bit sore, kind of headachey and pending sharks... I so badly wanted to call in sick and just lounge and play Tyranny. (OMG SO ADDICTED.)    I chose to go to work anyway because I knew if I didn't get a lift day in today, I'd miss #3 AGAIN.    Now it's 35 minutes till work out time and I am super having to talk myself into it.    I am going to change into my clothes, go back there, crank some tunes and see if I can get some lifting.  If I am as physically weak as my brain and eyes make me feel, I'll just do what I can and chill.

Tomorrow I run my D&D game, so there's plenty I need to get organized.

Huzzah to a killer week 2!

my-hero-academia-gif-2.gif

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Amazing progress on the snacks! Hopefully you got your workout in and made this a week full of win. :)

You have mad story telling skills, how long have you been playing D&D?

Thanks!  Let's see, I'm a mid-level Ranger so I've been around for a while.  Honestly?  My first ever die roll happened about 22 years ago.  I was just in my late teens when the folks I worked with (first job out of highschool was at the local arcade and entertainment center) asked if I wanted to play.     They'd already introduced me to anime (Record of Lodoss Wars, yeah!) and so I was all for it!   First character: elven ranger.  First ever roll of the die:  double Nat 1's.   Yup!  The rest is history.

Actually took a good 10 year break from it when we all parted to different jobs, but then about ten years ago, one friend reconnected and invited me back to join up their weekly game.   Then, March of 2017, I took the leap to start DM'ing myself.   I gotta admit, I love roleplaying games big time - so I don't think I could ever hit a point of 'too much'.

Of course, I am blessed with a really close knit and tight gaming group that is made up of a core of friends, that branches out into side groups and other friends. 

Do you play as well?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I am getting into a good habit of sketching at least 3 faces a day.  A front, a profile and a 3/4 view.   This I think will be super helpful if I just keep going on this.   Soon it will be muscle memory.   But some days the sketches look so terrible, and other times they turn out fine.   Repeating mantra of "Progress is not linear.  Even when the act itself is all lines!"

Awesome stuff in general, but go you for getting into a daily habit!

The 'bad days' are hard to push through but sometimes I feel like they give the most improvement.

Also just think about it... a couple weeks, months, years down the line you'll be able to see the journey of improvement and see how far you have gone. (I have fun looking at old sketchbooks at least)

• Like 1

Friday W2D5

Not a great day energy wise.  I talked myself out of bailing entirely on the workout, and told friend no to lunch meet up.

I was rewarded with a terrible workout that I had to stop short on my reps and toss the final two sets on everything.

And moldy bread and rotten cucumber for my lunch.

But!  Some lifting is better than no lifting.  And I just ate a tuna melt instead.   

Did more sketching practice today.  Ugh faces!   FAAACES!

Worked on some D&D stuff too - going to finish drawing up this bad ass spear I made.   It's going to be sentient-light, and... well I will share the deets once I post her.  Her name is Nesshin'na - which is theoretically Japanese for 'Eager'.

Homecooked dinner for tonight.  Then to the boys house for some Don't Starve after I finish up the art.

Looking really promising for a near 100% week, woo doggy.

Edit:  Was just attacked by sharks.  This explains much, lol.

• Like 3

A Saturday update?   Why yes.  Yes, that's what is happening.

W2D6

Woke up, worked on art, finishing up the spear.     She'll be showcased below.  That makes for 5 tablet arts this week!

Ate my oatmeal.. Bleh.

Danced despite really not feeling like it.   -- I am still feeling quickly wiped and flushed.   I am thinking this is shark related, but I chose to keep the dance to 30m.    Enough to count toward movement for sure, but not pushing it.

Going to eat my left over pasta for lunch, so I will have only ONE meal out today.

Then I run my game!  Huzzah.  (There will probably be a beer or two during that.)

Here is the spear that the BBEG will be wielding in today's fight.  Stats on left, activated appearance on right.

EVbtlVE.jpgZqfEwb8.jpg

The spear isn't entirely sentient, but it will adapt to the user wielding it.  It has been used by an evil Patron for hundreds of years, so her energies are necrotic and full of destruction.   These traits pass on mechanically in that, when it is called to it's green hue "Midori no kage" (green shadows in Japanese) it inflicts extra necrotic damage when it strikes, and the creature's HP maximum goes down by the amount it hits for.   Black shadows are called with "Kuroi kage" and when it is beckoned to 'unmake' ("Tokihanatsu)  it wraps itself in black shadows and has a chance to break the enchantment on an item or person.   If it is going to dispel a creature, they have a DC 19 Wis save to avoid their buff being removed.   If it is breaking the enchantment of a weapon it is based on the rarity of the item it is striking.   Common/Uncommon is a 90% chance to disenchant it.  Rare/V. Rare is 70% chance.  Legendary is 50% and Artifact is 15%.    The spear can break only 1d4+1 enchantments per day, and recharges at midnight.    When the last charge is used, the wielder rolls a d20.   On a critical failure (1) the spear does not regain this ability to disenchant.

So, that's on the tablet for tonight.   I'm not even sure they'd TAKE the weapon as they're all pretty good guys.   But it's been fun to plot it out!

• Like 4

Sunday Update - Late.

Frustrating.

The Sunday experience for me is just stupid!   We start off with our routine of getting McD's on the way to church.    So that's one meal out.   Afterward, I was planning to eat SOMETHING at home, but even my sister said 'there's nothing, it's all old, rotten, or BILs'.   So I got immediately frustrated with the same old hurdle.   BIL hoards (even food) so the fridge is stuffed to the point of non-use.  There's no room for me to even KEEP things in there, and if there were, I'd get ticked off at having to unload half the contents just to get to it.    So we get food out and I am all flustered trying to find anything healthy.  I quickly reach the "F IT" mode.   But it's tempered.   I SPLIT a sandwich from Potbelly's with my sister, and we SPLIT a milkshake.    Fast forward to dinner- which was supposed to be cooking leftovers at the gaming house, before gaming... well, it's 95, with humidity about 70%, and they have no AC.   Yeah.   No one is going to start boiling water, or heating an oven in that environment.   So we went to Outback.    Salad, steak, and ... F IT, Load those damn mashed potatoes up.  And then at gaming proper, too many cookies, chips and kinder chocolates....

Not. Cool.   

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Sunday Update - Late.

Frustrating.

The Sunday experience for me is just stupid!   We start off with our routine of getting McD's on the way to church.    So that's one meal out.   Afterward, I was planning to eat SOMETHING at home, but even my sister said 'there's nothing, it's all old, rotten, or BILs'.   So I got immediately frustrated with the same old hurdle.   BIL hoards (even food) so the fridge is stuffed to the point of non-use.  There's no room for me to even KEEP things in there, and if there were, I'd get ticked off at having to unload half the contents just to get to it.    So we get food out and I am all flustered trying to find anything healthy.  I quickly reach the "F IT" mode.   But it's tempered.   I SPLIT a sandwich from Potbelly's with my sister, and we SPLIT a milkshake.    Fast forward to dinner- which was supposed to be cooking leftovers at the gaming house, before gaming... well, it's 95, with humidity about 70%, and they have no AC.   Yeah.   No one is going to start boiling water, or heating an oven in that environment.   So we went to Outback.    Salad, steak, and ... F IT, Load those damn mashed potatoes up.  And then at gaming proper, too many cookies, chips and kinder chocolates....

Not. Cool.   

Ugh, I'm sorry.  It's even more frustrating when you are really trying to put the work in to eat healthy and it still doesn't turn out.  But the situation is temporary right? It is okay to be on maintenance mode and just do the best you can for now.  It's the F IT mode that is really dangerous.

On 8/24/2018 at 12:42 PM, Starpuck said:

Do you play as well?

No, I only tried it once and the experience was fun for me, but I think I really frustrated the DM. :D  A Meetup group here called Geek Girls put on an intro-to-D&D last year, where they made your character sheets for you and taught you to play.  The DM was mad at first that I didn't bring my own pencils and dice (um, we all need our own? oops) and then I guess I kept making "wrong" choices and we ended up winning the story in a way she didn't want us too.  But then she was more pissed off at a girl whose every move was "I seduce it!". I thought it was hilarious and had a ball.  But that was the last D&D game I was invited to.

• Like 3

Week 2 Total Tally

Goal 1 - Train Like Deku

Keep working at it.  Don't give up.

67879f341fa48ded796abb8f652d0671b19806d4

• Strength Train 3x / Week  - YES!  GOT IT!
  • Move in any other way 2x / Week  - I had hoped for more, but still pushed through to get this!

Goal 2 - Overcome Grudges like Todoroki

My grudge is with food and it's time to make amends and get past it.

tumblr_oo63bvmHpo1r2hy3ro1_500.gif

• Cook Th/Su to eat home cooked at game nights.  (2x / week)  - I did cook on Thursady, and I ate it Thur pm and Sat for lunch, so yes, DONE!
  • Indulgences / week to equal 2 or less.   Sort of.   We're counting Sunday dinner and snacking as 2 indulgences.  But hey, it was kept to one 8 hour span?
  • McD's Iced Coffee not to exceed 2 / week.   1.5 only!  Could have been 2, but the one was so poorly made it was gross.
  • Snack plan for game nights. (Bento box)  Totally forgot about this guy.  Need to plan for that for this week.

Goal 3 - Create like Yaoyorozu

She's a badass, and she creates stuff.  Sounds right up my alley.

tumblr_ovs2a7iQL71r2hy3ro1_500.gif

• Art on tablet 2-3x/ week   NAILED it.  5x!
  • Art lesson 1x / week   Only replayed existing lessons, but I need to do this until it's absolute habit!
  • Aim to form a daily sketch habit.   Quick, easy sketching.  No fuss.   -  I sketched 3 faces a day, for 6 days this week!
  • D&D Prep 1x / week; get ahead of the campaign so it's not cram time.  - Had my game Sat night.  Totally checks this off.

Goal 4 - Trick my Fear like All Might

This will be an ongoing list of things I need to face and do.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

1. Organize weekly budget and stick to it.   - I created one!  And filled it in... up until the weekend when my Bujo wasn't handy.  
  2. Join a lifegroup at church, or find another means of study.    Uh yes!  I did this.  Signed up for the Monday night one near where I live.  GULP
  3. Find out what I am pre-approved for, solo, for a house.  *gulp* - Nothing here yet.   Other than a few online calculators that depressed me.
  4. Sign up for new hockey season, do not chicken out because of how last year ended.  I signed up yesterday.   I am still so nervous about this, and I think it's an inner demon trying to be a jerk.
  5. To be added to as things come up.

So I guess, even though it felt like the week ended on such a bad note, I actually kind of nailed it!  Heck yeah!    The scale did not agree with my efforts, but the scale is a jerk.  So instead of letting that completely frustrate me, I am choosing to let it be no more than a single voice on a larger council.   After it reported its findings, the rest of the council came to the conclusion that right now, I do probably need to track calories.   So I will.      What's the point of having a council if you're going to ignore their data and advice?    I've done this before and managed to do so without being a total rage-devil, so I need to rely on old victories to push me forward.  Heck, I think I once tracked ACCURATELY for 76 days straight!  I can do this for a week.   Small step goals first.

Things to look forward to this week?     I know I can conquer Saturday's, so let's work on Sunday's.   Plotting the bento box snack style for games is going to be crucial for this.   So let's get on that.   I also need to have my cooking days figured out.   If I do it right, I can have something already made for at least one meal on Sunday at gaming.   (Also, I think we are not gaming this Sunday so that will actually help, lol.)      This works out well.  I can focus the majority of the energy on getting back into tracking calories.  *nod*    I feel good about this!

giphy.gif

• Like 6

On 8/24/2018 at 4:45 PM, Starpuck said:

Edit:  Was just attacked by sharks.  This explains much, lol.

Related image

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I signed up yesterday.   I am still so nervous about this, and I think it's an inner demon trying to be a jerk.

Yusss! Way to go, Miss Puck! Just punch you inner demon like you do the sharks when they attack ;).

Image result for hero academia punch gif

Wolf

• Like 1

It's funny... I've been doing table top roleplay since I was 19 (I'm almost 31 now). And only this year have I actually done proper D&D. Usually we just use the books as 'guides' rather than strict rules and we just make characters the way we want, not necessarily following the book's rules for making characters. Then we actually just roleplay it out. We don't use minis. We don't use mats. We just use dice and our imaginations. 

I'm playing D&D the "proper" way now, and it's a lot of fun! I"m not sure I like either way over the other, but it is indeed different. 

4 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

No, I only tried it once and the experience was fun for me, but I think I really frustrated the DM. :D  A Meetup group here called Geek Girls put on an intro-to-D&D last year, where they made your character sheets for you and taught you to play.  The DM was mad at first that I didn't bring my own pencils and dice (um, we all need our own? oops) and then I guess I kept making "wrong" choices and we ended up winning the story in a way she didn't want us too.  But then she was more pissed off at a girl whose every move was "I seduce it!". I thought it was hilarious and had a ball.  But that was the last D&D game I was invited to.

Sounds like it wasn't a very good DM to me... one of the things you have to understand as a DM is that things don't always go according to plan, and that's ok! You have to be quick on your feet and be able to think of things on the spot. The important thing is that the players have fun, not that a specific story line is followed exactly.

Also, any table top gamer worth their salt has a butt load of dice that new players can play with. I have so much dice... it's a sickness. I'm going to Dragon Con next week and I"m sure I'll pick up even more dice... lol. Heck, I even have one of these:

giphy.gif

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

they made your character sheets for you

Red flag.

DM was mad at first that I didn't bring my own pencils and dice

Red flag.

kept making "wrong" choices

No such thing in tabletop, unless the DM is an idiot.

winning the story in a way she didn't want us too

And there it is.  The DM was an idiot.  I'm glad you had the good sense to have fun anyway!

38 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

The important thing is that the players have fun, not that a specific story line is followed exactly.

Also, any table top gamer worth their salt has a butt load of dice that new players can play with.

I agree with all of this.  Some of the best adventures I've run were mostly improv after the PC's took a massive left turn from my carefully laid plans.

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I feel good about this!

Yay!  You can do it!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Red flag.

Red flag.

And there it is.  The DM was an idiot.  I'm glad you had the good sense to have fun anyway!

Yes, what Cheetah said. 

I've had to scrap entire dungeon plans because my players did something unexpected and just bypassed an entire dungeon. I was ok with that, because what they came up with was brilliant and I didn't want to pigeon hole them into what I had planned. 

• Like 3

Going to come back and respond to all the stuffs, but first, today's update. 

Coworker is on vacation again, aaagh!

Grocery run was done this morning.

Did a lift during lunch.

Cut the grass after work.

Got some sketching in while doing the art lesson.

Art Lesson done.

Tablet time done.

Tracked Calories ... guys, MFP wants me to eat 2100 today.  I am not even remotely hungry after eating 1600.

Calories
kcal
Carbs
g
Fat
g
Protein
g
Sodium
mg
Sugar
g

*You've earned 965 extra calories from exercise today
Totals 1,602 179 56 109 2,639 83  
Your Daily Goal 2,165 271 72 108 2,300 81  
Remaining 563 92 16 -1 -339 -2  

Feeling pretty accomplished with today, but am pushing through some emotional stuff this evening.    Early bed will be a great help for that side of things, so we're aiming for 10:45 lights out.     Here are some more of the daily practice sketches I've been toiling through.    Bonus of today's new lesson stuff, which is eyes.

Spoiler

I7dvjTa.jpg  aKLsaNP.jpgXdQZrh5.jpg

gdFoLXi.jpg  GGqcVPM.jpg

Now for some much awaited Tyranny!

• Like 3

Wow! You really did accomplish a lot! Well done! I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with some emotional stuff... feel free to hit me up on Facebook if you'd ever like to talk. 

giphy.gif

I like the sketches! Do you think you'd be interested in doing a picture of one of my characters? She's a badass assassin who has been cursed. No worries if you don't want to. Just if you are looking for ideas of what to art next! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Ugh, I'm sorry.  It's even more frustrating when you are really trying to put the work in to eat healthy and it still doesn't turn out.  But the situation is temporary right? It is okay to be on maintenance mode and just do the best you can for now.  It's the F IT mode that is really dangerous.

Oof yeah.   That wasn't the best first experience, but super glad you saw things to enjoy despite it.    The more I watch DM's on youtube and other platforms, the more I see how true it is that you need to make sure everyone at the table has the same idea for what kind of game they want.    If someone wants a very serious game, vs a heavily mechanical game, vs hijinx and shenanigans, it's hard to keep all parties equally invested.   I personally like a mix of all.   But that DM wasn't a great one.   I'd DM for ya!

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Nice week 2. And congrats and bravery points for singing up for the Life Group and for hockey!

Thanks!  I've been playing hockey for 10 years now - but I had a shock to my confidence in the sport at the end of last season- barely skated all summer and now I feel like I suck.

21 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Yusss! Way to go, Miss Puck! Just punch you inner demon like you do the sharks when they attack ;).

YUS!  SHARK PUNCH!   PLUS ULTRA!    I need to just get out and do it!  I love hockey!  I love saying that I play hockey!   I just need to stop letting fear win.   (Yes, we see this trend... need help breaking it haha.)

19 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

It's funny... I've been doing table top roleplay since I was 19 (I'm almost 31 now). And only this year have I actually done proper D&D. Usually we just use the books as 'guides' rather than strict rules and we just make characters the way we want, not necessarily following the book's rules for making characters. Then we actually just roleplay it out. We don't use minis. We don't use mats. We just use dice and our imaginations. 

I'm playing D&D the "proper" way now, and it's a lot of fun! I"m not sure I like either way over the other, but it is indeed different. 

Sounds like it wasn't a very good DM to me... one of the things you have to understand as a DM is that things don't always go according to plan, and that's ok! You have to be quick on your feet and be able to think of things on the spot. The important thing is that the players have fun, not that a specific story line is followed exactly.

Also, any table top gamer worth their salt has a butt load of dice that new players can play with. I have so much dice... it's a sickness. I'm going to Dragon Con next week and I"m sure I'll pick up even more dice... lol. Heck, I even have one of these:

Hahah I too have a spinner ring for rolls, but it's a percentile ring because we were playing Warhammer FRPG when I got it!     And yes, there are plenty of ways to play.   I personally think that D&D 5E relies heavily on the use of maps and mini's and mechanics.   Too many of the special abilities are tied in to movement or range, or something.   So if you get toooo willy nilly with it, then one character will be TotM'ing something that they can't really do, while another class that specifically can do that will feel brushed under the carpet.  (I know this because it happened to me in our Tomb of Annih.  That DM is very not mechanics, and so my super cool Tempest Cleric can't pull off any of the neat things her class allows.)      But yeah.   I like alternating from one to the other as far as types of rpg goes - but I am pretty firm in thinking D&D should be more concrete.    Other systems work much better for the more fast and loose style.

18 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Red flag.

Red flag.

I agree with all of this.  Some of the best adventures I've run were mostly improv after the PC's took a massive left turn from my carefully laid plans.

Yay!  You can do it!

Yup!  This guy has it.    Also - as I've hit a part of my story that I've been struggling with - you guys are helping remind me to (as a youtuber GM said) "Solve their solutions.  Not solve their problems."  IE.   Let their ideas direct how your story goes.

18 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Yes, what Cheetah said. 

I've had to scrap entire dungeon plans because my players did something unexpected and just bypassed an entire dungeon. I was ok with that, because what they came up with was brilliant and I didn't want to pigeon hole them into what I had planned. 

Yeah.  The DM's Lament!  LOL  (btw look up that video, it's a fun jingle.)

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’ve played with more than a few new players. If they’re not timid it always makes for an interesting game because they throw a lot of curve balls. The DM really has to be able to think on their feet.

All this talk makes me want to be a more footy DM!  YES!

1 hour ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Wow! You really did accomplish a lot! Well done! I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with some emotional stuff... feel free to hit me up on Facebook if you'd ever like to talk. 

I like the sketches! Do you think you'd be interested in doing a picture of one of my characters? She's a badass assassin who has been cursed. No worries if you don't want to. Just if you are looking for ideas of what to art next! 

Thanks Rhia!   I appreciate the reach out. :)     As for pictures... well, I always preempt that with, "Um, if you're okay with it not being great, sure!"   I do actually need a more set in stone thing to work on for tablet practice, so yeah.   Sure!    Give me some reference pictures, tell me about her.  Give me hair color and style, eye colors, usual mood, any special features, and the type and color of gear she carries.   I'll give it a go!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Hahah I too have a spinner ring for rolls, but it's a percentile ring because we were playing Warhammer FRPG when I got it!     And yes, there are plenty of ways to play.   I personally think that D&D 5E relies heavily on the use of maps and mini's and mechanics.   Too many of the special abilities are tied in to movement or range, or something.   So if you get toooo willy nilly with it, then one character will be TotM'ing something that they can't really do, while another class that specifically can do that will feel brushed under the carpet.  (I know this because it happened to me in our Tomb of Annih.  That DM is very not mechanics, and so my super cool Tempest Cleric can't pull off any of the neat things her class allows.)      But yeah.   I like alternating from one to the other as far as types of rpg goes - but I am pretty firm in thinking D&D should be more concrete.    Other systems work much better for the more fast and loose style.

I agree. For fast and loose I go with Pathfinder or White Wolf usually. I've never played Warhammer. 

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Thanks Rhia!   I appreciate the reach out. :)     As for pictures... well, I always preempt that with, "Um, if you're okay with it not being great, sure!"   I do actually need a more set in stone thing to work on for tablet practice, so yeah.   Sure!    Give me some reference pictures, tell me about her.  Give me hair color and style, eye colors, usual mood, any special features, and the type and color of gear she carries.   I'll give it a go!

Hey, I LOVE your pictures and I'll be happy with whatever you make! Her name is Kiya Lucida

This is the reference picture I used to use when I was roleplaying her online:

image.jpeg.12e4f2b179eb8ed4529b6b9bc5c4eb49.jpeg

I know this is a night elf, but she's actually just a regular elf. Her parents died when she was young, killed by a sorcerer when she was a child. Her and her twin sister were forced to watch. Since then she shuns everything 'magic'. She hates magic and instead trained to be a mercenary and took odd jobs here and there. Her sister instead saw how powerful magic was and decided to embrace it and use it to protect herself and those that she loved. They parted ways on bad terms. 

Kiya was determined to get revenge and ended up killing the elf sorcerer that killed her parents. However, he was a high ranking official and this was during a big political event. To escape she ended up having to kill a lot of elves from her homeland and she became known as Kiya Elf-Slayer. She then got work as an assassin and honed her skills for stealth and killing. 

One day she was captured by the brother of the elf she killed. He spent hours and hours torturing her with magic, knowing her secret fear and hatred. He kept her locked in a room magically dark where she couldn't see her hand in front of her face. She was chained up so she couldn't escape. During her torture, one of the magic spells he cast went awry and in addition to excruciating pain, it transformed her. It made her faster and more agile, but it also changed her eyes. Her eyes could see in any darkness and her eyes glowed with a silver blue light (this makes it a little harder for her to hide in the dark though). She could also see through magic and be able to track the trail of the spell (If that makes sense... I'm not doing a good job of explaining her back story). 

She also ends up getting a silver bracer that has a ward on it to dispel magic aimed at her. 

She has blue-black hair, fair skin, eyes that glow a silver-y blue. She's a tragic character bent on revenge, so she's not that happy, lol. She tends to work in the shadows and so wears dark brown and black usually. She fights with daggers and a bow, her only shield is her spell breaking bracer. 

I imagine her wearing something similar to this but without the circlet and maybe a hood and minus the shoulder armor on the left:

Image result for elf assassin

Or like this, only more practical:

Image result for elf assassin

• Like 2

Wow lady i am so sorry I haven't been able to stop here in yet this challenge! I thought I was subscribed and then I noticed your thread earlier and though huh haven't checked in a bit -- and low and behold I haven't checked it at all?! Eek! 

I caught up and I must say I am absolutely cracking up/loving your story about doing a split squat with someone "too big" for you on your back XD You really showed them.  Such greatness.

Also WOW a whole week without restaurant food?! Honestly I don't know if I've like... ever done that in my adult life??? Maybe I should make this a goal for myself one week next challenge because I am flabbergasted even thinking about it.  I am muy impressed.

• Like 2