• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck joins the UA Hero Academy

Just now, RhiaWolfe said:

Oooh, this looks interesting... 

It's amazing.  You can apply the rules to literally any setting you can imagine.  A friend of mine ran a Jurassic Park campaign with his kids.  I'm currently running a campaign with my kids that's basically Pokemon, set in a world that the kids created.  It's ruled by tyrannical Dragon overlords who are secretly protecting the planet from an alien menace.  They're having a ball with it.  :-)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

You'd like Genesys.  The dice don't have numbers.  :-)

6 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Oooh, this looks interesting... 

We played a near two year campaign of Star Wars Force & Destiny by FFG- using similar dice.   We hated it, lol!   Here's a splash of dice - you have ... 0 successes, but 15 advantages.  Oh god.  It was so frustrating.    Granted, I know they updated stuff for Genesys, so maybe they addressed that.

4 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

We played a near two year campaign of Star Wars Force & Destiny by FFG- using similar dice.   We hated it, lol!   Here's a splash of dice - you have ... 0 successes, but 15 advantages.  Oh god.  It was so frustrating.    Granted, I know they updated stuff for Genesys, so maybe they addressed that.

No, that's pretty much exactly how it works!  It can be challenging to figure out how to weave the die results back into the story, but it's a challenge I enjoy.  I can definitely see how not everyone would like it, though.  :-)

Yeah, we loved the game itself.   But our GM got so ticked at us because we renamed all the dice based on what they looked like.    Thongs cancel Sphincters!   Sewer Covers vs Toilet Seats.   >.>    Good times, good times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

It's amazing.  You can apply the rules to literally any setting you can imagine.  A friend of mine ran a Jurassic Park campaign with his kids.  I'm currently running a campaign with my kids that's basically Pokemon, set in a world that the kids created.  It's ruled by tyrannical Dragon overlords who are secretly protecting the planet from an alien menace.  They're having a ball with it.  :-)

Ok, I might have to get this. 

48 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Yeah, we loved the game itself.   But our GM got so ticked at us because we renamed all the dice based on what they looked like.    Thongs cancel Sphincters!   Sewer Covers vs Toilet Seats.   >.>    Good times, good times.

Oh, that is amazing! I LOVE this!!! Screw that DM, that's funny! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Ok, I might have to get this. 

When you do, I highly highly recommend listening to the Dice for Brains podcast, at least the first three seasons.  It will give you a really good idea about how to use the narrative dice system.  I found their game really entertaining, too.  :-)

• Like 1

Sorry you're having a tough time of it with foodstuffs. The sharkweek / shared family space struggles are real. Is there any possibility of emergency somewhat-healthy canned food supply (or other foods that can go without refrigeration for a few days) are a possibility??

Completely loving the RPG game discussion though. Only played a bit in college with my friends but it was much fun. 

• Like 1

Another busy day at work- so busy in fact, I didn't get any time to do any sketches.   I did however get a decent amount of time in on the tablet, finishing up a sketch from last week.

Food was totally on track.   (Literally, as it was tracked.)

Also got out on my lunch break despite the work stress and chaos, and got a 2.5 mile run in.  

My shoulders and traps are mega sore from pushing heavy on deadlifts yesterday- and also doing pull ups.  What was I thinking???  LOL.

Time for some Tyranny before the storms hit.   Maybe I will get some sketching in right before bed.

Here's Sticks.  (Which is slang for arrows, and the nickname his peers gave him.   He's the son of a stable master, so not noble by birth or station, but he's got high hopes he'll make something of himself with this talent.   He also has a bit too much confidence for his own good on most days.   All swagger this one!)

sticks_by_lilwolfe006-dclfi1d.jpg

OH!  And for @Cheetah and @RhiaWolfe - this is the christmas gift one of our Star Wars players had made up for the group.    He wrote down the funny things we said throughout the year and then had them printed on a little tiny pillow!    The talk about the dice is mentioned a few times. ;)

7QUycjd.jpg

Bottom one hardly legible "The failure is the G-String."

• Like 8

20 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Or like this, only more practical:

Image result for elf assassin

What's not practical about that outfit? :P 

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Here's Sticks.

Awesome job as ever! I've plastered the one you drew of me all over. It's also the cover for my youtube profile and my discord ;) 

Wolf

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

My shoulders and traps are mega sore from pushing heavy on deadlifts yesterday

I always forget DLs work so much of your upper body until the next day when I'm like oh yes hi lats I did forget you existed thanks for making your presence known! XD

I love Sticks! Your arting continues to impress :D

• Like 1

Oof guys.  Dunno if it's the soreness/tightness from the workout - or if it's that plus stress at work making some serious tension - but I got a killer headache this afternoon, that no amount of Tylenol has helped me with.    That's usually typical of my tension headaches - and work HAS been really bad this week.     So I opted out of hockey tonight.   :/   Feel bad that I keep ditching that, but the two people I most wanted to skate with are also not going to be there, so it was even less motivation to go.

I ate decently.  (Glad I didn't jack up my caloric intake too much in advance of hockey, because it turned into a rest day!)   I will end up totally fine on calories even with a final snack before bed.

I ran another art lesson at work during lunch (noses).

Got some sketching in and started inking this character named Kiya... for someone or some such.

Going to play some Tyranny and debate on whether or not I am calling in sick tomorrow hah.

mha_character_creation_by_mha_admin-dboo

• Like 1

Woke up with a kink in my hip flexor/front of the leg, nook and cranny area of my upper leg - spot thingus.  It is so damn weird.   It feels like a crick in the neck, except it's my leg, so every few steps, there's that kink-creak-pain that shoots sharp and fast and makes me limp.

I've tried doing some mobility stuffs and stretches, but it's been bad all morning.  I'm also still pretty tight across the lats and trapz - no doubt from the workout/DL's/Stress combo.    All this to say - I am opting out of today's lift day.  I just don't think it will be smart.

I will instead, get some sketching in and organize some D&D stuff on  my lunch.   Tomorrow I am off and supposed to take a really nice bike ride someplace new and exciting, and I want my leg to be good for that.  I'll still get a #2 lift in this weekend at some point, so it'll be 3 moves, 2 lifts.  Still a-okay.    Effort.  Not perfection.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Effort.  Not perfection

I support this.  You're doing great!  Sorry for the wonky hip, though.  I hope it straightens out soon!

• Like 1

Oi guys!   The weekend-itis got me again!

I was going to just scrap the whole idea of updating about it- and cash out for the final week of the challenge... but UA STUDENTS DON'T QUIT!

So Thursday night- I had my food all pre-planned (was going to be an eat out because we bumped up our D&D game by 2 hours and there was no time to cook) and had the calories figured in and everything.    Friend was stopping for Firehouse Subs on the way home for us.   They were closed!     Last minute scramble turned into beer and pizza.  And then a lot of cookies... because, 3 beers in an hour will do that to ya...  Well shit!

Friday was bike ride day.    I am happy to report that we did in fact eat breakfast at home before going, so that's a win!     We took a 13 mile bike ride, but I was really struggling with air and breathing- no doubt due to the high allergen count and humidity.  Still, we did 10 miles on a paved trail through a beautiful forest preserve.   Then did 3 miles on a horse trail that was all gravel and grass!  That was a super workout!

40422130_10216792108065400_6584276588089

40485020_10216792100505211_580677667588240452069_10216792100905221_8156224168770

Afterward, we went mini golfing at Congo River Falls that was right near there, and I managed TWO hole in one's!   Haha!    At this point we were STARVING, and dehydrated, and sunburned.    We opted to NOT cook dinner this night because we were likely to be short wicked and crabby in the attempt.    We went to Red Lobster instead, where I indulged in 2.5 cheddar biscuits and 1.5 pounds of snow crab.  (I don't use the butter, so hey, super healthy over all!)    The evening gaming portion of the night however... fell to more chips and popcorn and cookies and Kinder Eggs...  FRAK!

Saturday morning, woke up and watched Jumanji (newer one) with my sis.  It was a really nice time spent watching the movie with her and it was quite enjoyable.  (I love Jack Black and the Rock.)   After that, I went to friends house where... WE COOKED BREAKFAST IN AGAIN!   Then we played like 5 hours of video games... which AGAIN, resulted in all the junk food.  (It's bad guys.   Really bad.)    Bonus points for us actually going out to grocery shop, then come back and cook dinner in.  So BOTH meals on Saturday were cooked in.  But neither were tracked, and the junk food in between them and around the gaming was TERRIBLE.   We played some Don't Starve at night.

Sunday was church (With McD's before hand as is tradition.)   Then home for laundry, Tyranny and tidying up my room.   Then over to friends house where we went out for dinner all together and then played 5 more hours of Don't Starve.... Yes.  More uncontrolled snacking.

I did no art on Fri-Sun (rarely do, but I was getting better at the daily sketch practice.)   Ate way too much junk all weekend.  

I did not get a lift in because my hip is still not working right.   There's some kind of impingement happening, and I feel like if it would just 'push all the way and snap' it would be fine.  I can sit in a deep frog squat no pain.  I can do pigeon pose no pain.   I foam rolled the heck out of the hip flexor... no pain.   But walking?  Step step step WINCE PINCH!  OW.   Seriously ruining my  jam here!!!

Today is cookout day, so we're eating in - and there's a lot of healthy things (or at least lower cal and fat than outside versions of them) to nom on.  But I am probably not getting a proper workout in.    I REALLY want to hit the weights again tomorrow, but have no idea what to do with this hip.    My neck also had some weird DOMS and cramps this weekend - wth - but I think those are better so I should be able to do some upper body.  Sigh... Totally fell behind and am going to miss that Choppa!!!   Damnit.

Overall, there were some good steps taken this weekend, but the sheer amount of caloric CRAP I consumed far outweighs the good stuff.   (To the tune of 4 Flash Pounds in fact, yay.)   I need to cut the snacking out.   I do not even snack out of hunger.  It is 98% of the time out of taste craving and boredom, or plain old habit.   If I can get this figured out, I will be in great shape. 

I just saw a 'memory on fb' today that shows I lost 30 pounds between the end of one hockey season (March) and the start of the new one in (Sept) - I really want to do this again.   Now I regret my 'perfection' attitude that always had me erase past data for a 'fresh start'.   I could have looked back on that time segment 7 years ago and figured out what was working so well!!

That's the recap.   And this Ochako gif perfectly sums up the back end of the week, lol!

latest?cb=20160915000706

• Like 4

W4 D2 - Look I still know what 'day' of the challenge it is, lol!

Got back onto the right track today.     Got my groceries, got to work, did some sketching, got some tablet time in, did a workout that felt pretty good despite the week off and, tracked my calories, used my new Polar HRM strap that syncs to my phone, which then direct syncs to MFP - pretty f'ing sweet that!

Now it's on for some blueberry cobbler with some DQ soft serve, and a bit of gaming.   Huzzah.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

W4 D2 - Look I still know what 'day' of the challenge it is, lol!

Got back onto the right track today.     Got my groceries, got to work, did some sketching, got some tablet time in, did a workout that felt pretty good despite the week off and, tracked my calories, used my new Polar HRM strap that syncs to my phone, which then direct syncs to MFP - pretty f'ing sweet that!

Now it's on for some blueberry cobbler with some DQ soft serve, and a bit of gaming.   Huzzah.

You have the greatest evenings. :D 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

blueberry cobbler with some DQ soft serve

So, we're all invited to your place, right?  Because you're sharing, right?  RIGHT??

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

You have the greatest evenings. :D 

Huh!  I suppose I do sound pretty evening-tastic lol!   The front end of my weeks are always so perfect.   Must. Maintain. Positive Movement!

17 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

So, we're all invited to your place, right?  Because you're sharing, right?  RIGHT??

Yus of course!  But the ice cream and cobbler is all gone already. ;)

Also, guys - my BuJo for week 4.

KtG0qyT.jpg

• Like 3