• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck joins the UA Hero Academy

On 8/29/2018 at 7:55 PM, Starpuck said:

Got some sketching in and started inking this character named Kiya... for someone or some such.

Tee hee... yay... :) 

16 hours ago, Starpuck said:

W4 D2 - Look I still know what 'day' of the challenge it is, lol!

Got back onto the right track today.     Got my groceries, got to work, did some sketching, got some tablet time in, did a workout that felt pretty good despite the week off and, tracked my calories, used my new Polar HRM strap that syncs to my phone, which then direct syncs to MFP - pretty f'ing sweet that!

Now it's on for some blueberry cobbler with some DQ soft serve, and a bit of gaming.   Huzzah.

YES for getting back on track! High five!!!!

• Like 1

Oooo bullet journal pic!

Which reminds me to post my monthly spread now that august is over...

Sorry the weekend went a bit crazy. Way to go you for 1) sticking with posting for the last week and 2) getting back on track like a boss

• Like 1

Ok, another good day in the books.   I was a good worker bee.   I got some sketching in.   I ran at lunch (outside like a dumbass while it was 88 with a heat index of 96... hello Septem-NOT SO BURR!)    Tracked my food.  Ate good things.   Got an extra serving of veggies in, and finished up some tablet art.  Some day I will learn to draw characters so they don't look like they belong in a Shounen anime.   Today is not that day, lol.

Here you go @RhiaWolfe !!

kiya_for_rhia_by_lilwolfe006-dcm4uw8.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Ok, another good day in the books.   I was a good worker bee.   I got some sketching in.   I ran at lunch (outside like a dumbass while it was 88 with a heat index of 96... hello Septem-NOT SO BURR!)    Tracked my food.  Ate good things.   Got an extra serving of veggies in, and finished up some tablet art.  Some day I will learn to draw characters so they don't look like they belong in a Shounen anime.   Today is not that day, lol.

Here you go @RhiaWolfe !!

kiya_for_rhia_by_lilwolfe006-dcm4uw8.jpg

OMG! I love it!!!! ^_^

Thank you, Puck!!!! Squee!!!!

• Like 1

Thursday Update!   Best. Thursday.  (Foodwise.)  Ever!

Stuck to plan during the day.    I did not work out - I was busy, and still sore and fatigued, and I just thought - ya know Puck?  Listen to your body.    I'd also not been sleeping well and today, with the rest yesterday, I feel so much better.  I'm anxious for the workout today!

Food was out instead of cooking because neither Wasabi or I wanted to shop, then chop, then sautee, then simmer, and then eat.  We got tacos and they were yum.   I had just two as is the new usual and I left half the chips in the basket.

The really impressive part?    I had a single piece of mochi ice cream (110 calories)   and water, and more water.  And then crit on a sneak attack for 69 damage! (It was so glorious!) and then a small Noosa yogurt.  That. Was. It!

I didn't crave anything, didn't binge, didn't nothing!   Phew!  

I did get some sketching in yesterday too, so that's on track.

Today:

Lift

D&D Prep

Sketching

Maybe cooking / otherwise find something light.

Hang out with friends.

No gif today.   Because I am feeling pumped... an AMV - with one of my favorite bad ass motivating songs!

• Like 1

Well another challenge wrapped up my friends.      And another challenge that shines a light on just my area of weakness.   WEEKENDS.

Or shall I call them, from this point forward, WEAKENDS!

The weakends throw me off something fierce, so I need to do one of two things...

1) Plan my entire week day schedule so I nail all my goals by then and weekends are just bonus git!

2) Plan out my weekend food/plans/schedule more strictly and stick to it.

- This will do better if I have food cooked for the friends house before the weekend hits.   Day of is too likely to end up a 'eh, forget it'.

Sketching habit has grown.   I don't get all 7 days in every week, but I sketch usually 5 days a week on TOP of doing evening tablet art for practice.   I also got back into a habit of making sure I brush my chompers every night before bed. In fact, while not a goal, I did have it as a habit tracked in my bujo and I think I went perfect on it.

I am getting pretty disgusted with myself on the weakeneds.   The thing where small things go wrong, frustrate me, and then I hit total frak it mode.    The best way around this I think is planning safely ahead.  I need to keep some food at the boys house, that I can eat a sandwich there, or grab a piece of fruit, snack on a yogurt, something.   I need to stop treating the weekends as 'special food days'.   There were some days off that I had this challenge that I DID cook in for breakfast when it would have normally been an eat out, so steps were taken.  I just need to not veer from the path.

Hockey starts this weekend.   I also joined a small group at church which starts tonight.    So silly Starpuck, who often complains about not enough 'unscheduled' time, now has two more plates actively juggling.  Omg...    New challenge to come up.    Now I just need a theme!

• Like 4

I suspect that, as busy as your weekdays are, you are out of will power come the weekend. Counterintuitively, I suggest doing less both during the week and on the weekend.

I know we've had this conversation before, so please know I'm not pretending that is going to be easy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I suspect that, as busy as your weekdays are, you are out of will power come the weekend. Counterintuitively, I suggest doing less both during the week and on the weekend.

I know we've had this conversation before, so please know I'm not pretending that is going to be easy.

It's funny how ingrained our thought patterns can be.  As I read this, I was like 'oh crap, yeah.'  And it makes sense.   I just don't know how to do less, without giving stuff up- and I'm not sure that's what I want to do yet.  I know it's always one part active choice, and one part total frustration.     Definitely something to think on.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 5:21 PM, Starpuck said:

The thing where small things go wrong, frustrate me, and then I hit total frak it mode.

I may be off base here, but I think in this case you need to give yourself permission to be a bit more relaxed about your goals on weekends. You're better off having an 80% successful weekend than striving for perfection, hitting one misstep and giving up for the rest of the weekend as a result. I know it not the logical choice I'm making out to be, but maybe plan for a bit of failure?

• Like 1