• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shello

Shello Kicks Names and Takes Ass

42 minutes ago, deftona said:

Rucking is also something randy sheep in fields do. They don't need backpacks, unless you count other sheep. 

That actually makes sense :D

• Like 1

Late following!  I wanted to mention that Lilith the Terrifying is an awesome name for a sledgehammer.  I have not thought of naming my mace...

cfd.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bearlee said:

Great week 0! Keep the momentum going.

Tanks! 

1 hour ago, Moros said:

Late following!  I wanted to mention that Lilith the Terrifying is an awesome name for a sledgehammer.  I have not thought of naming my mace...

cfd.jpg

That's not even her whole name.  Her name is really Lillith the Terrifying., Mother of Witches, Dealer of Chaos, Dweller of Wastelands.   I definitely think you should name your mace.  

• Like 3

Week 1 Day 1

I had the hungries all day.  I had my afternoon overnight oats for breakfast, then my egg scramble for lunch.  I had an apple in the afternoon and all I had left for snacks was grapes.  I was hungry not long after that and broke down to hit the snack cart.  On the way I realized I had an emergency string cheese in the fridge.  So I had string cheese and grapes for a 2nd afternoon snack.  I was still hungry later in the afternoon but the day was almost over.   I made it home and had some of that garlic chicken with tomatoes and zoodles for first supper.  After the boy scouts meeting I had an egg and bacon roll up for 2nd supper.  I was still under target so all is good.  And I realized that I had made an error on MFP for Sunday.  When I have a meal I've had before, it just copies my quantities from the last time.  Evidently I really went at the Doritos last time because it had logged multiple servings.  I very cautiously had a single serving Sunday so it had grossly overlogged.  After adjusting that my calories Sunday were just over 1200.  I I wasn't particularly hungry at the end of Suday but I was pretty active so I figure it was just catching up.  Monday was a rest day so no workout done.  

Food Goal - 80% clean and under target: 3points

3 pt streak: 8 days 

Fitness Goal - Rest Day, 4700 steps: 3 points

3 pt streak: 8 days

Total Points: 64

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Terah said:

In dutch "rukken" means jerking off. Is this the same with the English "rucking"? I've been racking my brain on how this can be a euphemism... 

Imagine if "rucking" started with a different letter. (Hint: it's in the first half of the alphabet).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Imagine if "rucking" started with a different letter. (Hint: it's in the first half of the alphabet).

*knowing nod*

Ducking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/7/2018 at 3:21 AM, Shello said:

While trying to get my head on straight I started assessing all the underpants I've collected since starting NF and tried to do some decluttering.  I'm left with the underpants that work and make sense for me.  It's a constant balancing act between what works and what works AND I can stick to.  I still don't have a full picture of what all those underpants looks like together, but it's getting less foggy.  

So before I ramble anymore, on to the goals!

Here late so I may have skimmed a little, but I hope I am not too late for the part where you show us the full picture of your underpants :) 

Image result for eagerly waiting gif

On 8/7/2018 at 3:21 AM, Shello said:
  • Do what you enjoy.  I enjoy playing with sledgehammers and barbells*

*not a euphemism

But also maybe a euphemism?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

12 hours ago, deftona said:

*knowing nod*

Ducking. 

That makes sense. 

Learning so much new English words here :D

And to think that when I came to the forums so many years ago I couldn't make sense of Def's thread at all (I didn't know what wwe was, yes I was that innocent. And wrestling with TH was part if your challenge back then)

• Like 4

Week 1 Day 2

The first of many ridicuously busy nights. .  Food throughout the day was decent.  I was hungry in the morning proving to make fasting til lunch difficult.  And I had 3 straight hours of meetings that lasted until an hour past my usual lunch time.  I knew I wouldn't be able to make it so I brought an apple and a granola bar to my meetings and ate when I had the chance.  I ended up eating them close to my usual lunch time so my fasting window wasn't changed much.  I had my egg scramble for lunch but later than usual.  It occurred to me that I wouldn't even have time to heat up dinner at home so I planned for Jimmy Johns.  That worked out pretty well since my lunch was late so I didn't need my afternoon snack.  I had that healthy living meeting immediately after work.  From there I needed to run home and pick up the kids, Qbert needed to be dropped off at scouts for his Board of Review for Life scout and Peach and I needed to head to the school for the Back to School night to fill out forms and get her schedule.  We got there very close to the end of it and she never had a chance to go meet her teachers.  From there we grabbed Jimmy Johns and head out to finish her school shopping.  She found way more than I had anticipated but while we were there I looked for stuff for me.  I did find a cute dress for work.  We were there until 9 and I still needed to get a workout in.  I wasn't about to skip it but at that point I was tired and really didn't want to do it.  I did sit around a little bit, chatting with a new friend, and in general putting off the workout.  I did eventually get it done.  I did the same KB/BW workout from last week, then showered, and crawled into bed for just a little TV before lights out.  

Food Goal - 75% clean and under target: 3points

3 pt streak: 9 days 

Fitness Goal - Strength workout, 5500 steps: 3 points

3 pt streak: 9 days

Total Points: 70

• Like 5

Week 1 Day 3

Yesterday was an excellent day.  Fasting was still difficult but I had an apple late morning and then I was able to stay on track the rest of the day.  Lunch was the usual egg scramble, snack the overnight oats.  We had to drive across town to pick up our exchange student and then we planned to take him to Walmart (evidently they like that kind of thing) before going home for supper.  To help hold me over I had an egg and bacon roll up thing.  By dinner, I made a small taco salad but realized half way through that I was satisfied and I STOPPED.  I had planned to go walk around one of the lakes nearby after dinner for something to do with the exchange student but also to get my workout in.  It was a busy day and the exchange student was too tired.  We stayed in instead.  Luckily, I went for a quick walk with a friend over lunch and then in the evening we got out the Just Dance game for some entertainment.  Fitbit recognized it as a workout and that's good enough for me.   

Today, so far, has been a terrible day.  The started back to school this morning and the exchange student needed some shuttling around.  Between the kids either missing their bus or the bus just not coming at all, I had to make 3 separate trips to drive kids in various directions.  Between carpools, some guy ran into my while I was at a red light.  I'm NOT really hurt, just some stiffness, and the car isn't really damaged, just some scuffs, but all that rushing, and adrenaline made for a rough morning.  I finally made it to work but I've had a hard time focusing all day.  I just can't wait to get into bed.  

Food Goal - 80% clean and under target: 3points

3 pt streak: 10 days --------------- CHAIN BONUS +10 

Fitness Goal - a walk and some dancing, 9500 steps: 3 points

3 pt streak: 10 days --------------- CHAIN BONUS +10 

Total Points: 96

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

There is a bonus point system for when the universe throws you into hard mode isn’t there? Good for you going on, I would have gone back to bed and waited a week to try again.

• Like 2

The universe tried to bring you down, but hadn't counted on your wonder womanly strength! 

I hope you are able to get some rest now <4 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shello said:

Between carpools, some guy ran into my while I was at a red light.  I'm really hurt, just some stiffness, and the car isn't really damaged, just some scuffs, but all that rushing, and adrenaline made for a rough morning.  I finally made it to work but I've had a hard time focusing all day.  I just can't wait to get into bed. 

You've got a significant typo in here! Hopefully by this time you are feeling better and the stiffness is gone. <3 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

You've got a significant typo in here! Hopefully by this time you are feeling better and the stiffness is gone. <3 

Good catch.  I have no significant injuries folks!!  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, deftona said:

Urgh, sorry to hear about the prang. I hope your day goes better and you can go to bed soon :(

It did improve but I had trouble focusing all day.  I managed about 10 minutes to lay down before running off again. 

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Glad the car accident was nothing serious.

Where is the exchange student from?

He is from Japan.  There are 36 of them total, here for about a week.  

4 hours ago, Bearlee said:

There is a bonus point system for when the universe throws you into hard mode isn’t there? Good for you going on, I would have gone back to bed and waited a week to try again.

I like that theory but I think it's actually the other way around.  The bonus system helps motivate me to tell the universe to kick rocks.  

1 hour ago, Terah said:

The universe tried to bring you down, but hadn't counted on your wonder womanly strength! 

I hope you are able to get some rest now <4 

I don't know about rest...  I went to bed quite late last night trying to finish up something up some things and get a workout in..  And I have to socialize with strangers tonight and tomorrow night.  That is draining in itself.  

• Like 2

Week 1 Day 4

We planned to take our exchange student to a baseball game last night.  I figured I would have time to whip up something tasty and healthy at home and we could eat before getting to the stadium but that was just not realistic.  Based on pickup time and location, it didn't make sense to go back to the house to eat and we figured eating ballpark food is pretty American so we might as well give him the experience.   I just worked it into my day to be able to stay under target.  We had a work meeting over lunch and the boss ordered Jimmy Johns.  I just ate my egg scramble.  Luckily, I was too busy and not hungry enough in the afternoon for much of a snack.  I just had an apple and a granola bar on the drive home.  I had plenty calories left for the ballpark, which was a very good thing because they had Poptart ice cream sandwiches!  I had a few bites and then passed it to Peach and she finished it off.  

My neck stiffness increased throughout the day and moved down my back.  I finally took some ibuprofen when I got home and I felt much better at the game.  I had decided to give myself a Passterisk for my workout but you can't take over islands with Passterisks.  After getting home late after the game, I baked some bars for a potluck today and then forced myself to do a workout.  It was about midnight and I was tired.  It was probably the quickest workout ever but it was something.  I just did a few sets of incline pushups and some squats.

Food Goal - 25% clean but under target: 3 points

3 pt streak: 11 days

Fitness Goal - a mini workout and 8,000 steps: 3 points

3 pt streak: 11 days 

Total Points: 102

• Like 8

Week 1 Weekend Update

Friday - I fasted until lunch and had the usual.  I wasn't necessarily hungry for an afternoon snack but I did hit the chocolate.  We had a potluck that night with the other exchange families so I wanted to be prepared with calories leftover.  I made sugar cookie cheesecake bars and naturally had to test them, twice.  I took more than I needed to at the potluck but with a decent amount of freggies.  I stopped when I was full.  I did hit the dessert table but mostly picked at a few things and didn't have any complete servings.  I logged the best I could and came in under target.  No workout for the day.

Food Goal - 25% clean but under target: 3 points

3 pt streak: 12 days

Fitness Goal - rest day; 6400 steps: 3 points

3 pt streak: 12 days 

Saturday - It was our first full day to entertain the exchange student but I needed sleep so badly; I still had to force myself to get out of bed close to 11am.  I made something quick for breakfast - cheez toast with bacon and then we hit the town.  We stopped downtown and got a good walk in seeing the sights.  Fitbit counted this as a workout and so did I.  We had another social event that evening at someone's lake house.  We were too hungry to wait so we hit McDonalds.  The exchange student was amazed at the size of his burger and the medium drink.  The lake party was catered but I didn't eat much.  I logged the best I could.  Even with the McDonald's I still had room for a small piece of chocolate cake though.  :P The lake party was a blast.  I wasn't looking forward to it because peopling.  But I finally got to try paddle boarding (hard but fun) and kayaking (easy and relaxing).  I managed 10,000 steps even without my Fitbit for most of the party.  I finished the day with a bowl of honey nut Cheerios. 

Food Goal - 0% clean but under target: 3 points

3 pt streak: 13 days

Fitness Goal - Sightseeing walk and 10,000 steps: 3 points

Sunday - I meant to fast all morning and make a brunch for the exchange student's last day.  But we got the call that our foster dog was available so I had to move brunch up early.  I didn't eat much but it felt like a lot since it relatively early.  Also, the pecan cinnamon roll bake I made had more calories than I realized.  we had planned to take our guest to Texas Roadhouse and order a bunch of things and share them family style.  I didn't eat the rest of the day to save up for it but there was no way out this time.  We shared ribs, a burger, and a steak.  I was amazed at how much he was able to eat. I ended the day with a decent deficit but over target.  Using a streak saver to keep my streak.  We did a lot of walking around again, taking him shopping for his last day.  I was prepared to use another streak saver to miss a workout but I hit 10,000 steps and that's enough for the streak.  

Food Goal - 25% clean but under target: 2 points but upgraded with streak saver +3

Fitness Goal - No formal workout but 10,000 steps: 3 points

Total Points: 120

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Sounds like a good weekend; great job!

Thanks 

6 hours ago, deftona said:

Your weekend does sound awesome, especially all the food and the day at the lake. I'm super jealous (I love kayaking!)

It was amazing.  I am super jealous of this guy's lake house.  I can't imagine living that way all the time.. although I suppose if you lived that way all the time you probably don't use it as often and don't enjoy it as much.  At least that's what I tell myself. 

• Like 1