• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shello

Shello Kicks Names and Takes Ass

Week 2 Day 1

It felt good to get back to 'normal'.  I am low on energy, low on time, and low on money.  It's time to just settle... at least for a few days before we run off to the Minnesota State Fair.  I dropped exchange student off in the morning yesterday.  I hope he had a good time.  It seemed like it.  I wasn't hungry much and it wasn't much of a surprise given all the food the day before.  I fasted until lunch and had the usual.  I skipped all snacks in the afternoon except for 2 chocolates. I wasn't very hungry when I got home either.  I had some mince I had to cook before it went bad and it was scouts night so I was short on time. I took Hazelnut for a walk first, no rucking, and then cooked the mince.  I decided I wasn't hungry enough for dinner so I just cooked it and put it in the fridge.  I did grab the last 3 golden Oreo's though.  At scouts we had a ranking ceremony and there was food. They wanted to share the types of food they made while camping in Boundary Waters this summer.  I had a tiny bit of curry, a tiny bit of chicken and rice, and then 1 piece of pizza.  I tried skipping all the desserts that other parents brought but I found the most amazing M&M cookies I've ever had so I couldn't stop at 1.  I logged everything and was well under target.  

Food Goal - 50% cleanand under target: +3

3 pt streak: 15 days ----------- CHAIN BONUS +20

Fitness Goal - No formal workout but 10,000 steps: 3 points

3 pt streak: 15 days ----------- CHAIN BONUS +20

Total Points: 166

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Shello said:

It was amazing.  I am super jealous of this guy's lake house.  I can't imagine living that way all the time.. although I suppose if you lived that way all the time you probably don't use it as often and don't enjoy it as much.  At least that's what I tell myself. 

Don't worry, we'll add the lake house to the "essentials" list for when we scout places for the Doodlie Castle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sloth the Enduring said:

What about the doggo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha.  I can't keep up with which social media sites I've posted what on...  Hazelnut is the foster dog.  She's a lovely 4yr old beagle and very affectionate.  We got her Sunday morning but she had a busy weekend and seemed pretty tired.  She had plenty of energy for the walk yesterday though.  I'm hoping to take her for a ruck tonight.  

• Like 3

Week 2 Day 2

I got behind on posting.  Both life and work are super busy right now.   I'm stressed but keeping up with my goals.  Well, food is getting progressively less 'clean' but I'm staying under target.  Tuesday I fasted until lunch and had the usual.  I wasn't hungry at work for a snack in the afternoon but once I got home I had a piece of the pecan caramel thing I had made for brunch over the weekend.  I had my healthy living meeting after work and then had to rush home to quickly pick up before meeting some of the committee members for the new exchange student we are getting.  Have I even talked about that here?  I really can't keep track.  It was a good thing I cleaned up because they took pictures of my living room, kitchen, and bathroom. By then it was 8 and I still needed a workout.  I took Hazelnut for a walk (pics forthcoming) with the intention of doing a strength workout once I got home.  It was getting late and I still hadn't prepped for class Wednesday.  So I just called it a day and made supper around 9pm.   I made a pasta dish with that mince I cooked the night before, onions, zucchini, diced tomatoes, and pasta.  I couldn't resist and made some garlic bread to go with it.  I finished the day with one of those tiny cups of ice cream that come with the wooden spoons because I could.  So I finally sat down with my laptop to get ready for class around 10.  My laptop was being wonky and I decided I didn't have the mental energy for that so I pushed that particular chore even closer to the deadline.  Don't worry though, I bought the class donuts on the first day to cover for the fact that I wasn't really prepared.  I don't think they even noticed. ;) 

Food Goal - 50% cleanand under target: +3

3 pt streak: 16 days 

Fitness Goal - A quick walk and 6700 streps: 3 points

3 pt streak: 16 days

Week 2 Day 3

For once I was ahead of schedule in the morning and would have made it to work early was it not for the confused child I found outside.  As I was pulling away from my driveway, this young girl (think tween) flagged me down and asked me if I knew where a particular school was.  I did; it is Peach's school.  This girl had missed the bus and instead of telling an adult in her family, she decided to walk the neighborhood to see if she could find another stop that hadn't been picked up yet.  Smart, except she had missed the bus by 45 minutes and school had started 5 minutes before I left my house.  She was planning on walking to school.  School is 3 miles away so that really *that* far but she didn't really know how to get there and it would make her even more late for school.  I felt bad so I asked her if she wanted a ride.  She accepted immediately.  I am not a mom who is afraid to lecture other people's children.  So I used the ride as an opportunity to talk about how to not miss the bus (this was her 3rd time in 4 days of school) but FIRST I lectured her on getting into a car with a stranger! 

The rest of Wednesay was decent.  I fasted until lunch again and had the usual.  No snacks.  I did stop for donuts for my class.  It was one of the best first classes I ever had.  I wonder if it had something to do with the donuts?  But the students seem interested, engaged, and level headed so that's great too.  I had no plans to have a donut but there happen to be 3 left.  I let the kids have 1 each when I got home and I went ahead and had the last... well part of it.  I shared it.  I had a few chocolates at work and then more of that pasta dish with garlic bread.  I finished the day with some chocolate and well under target.  I took Hazelnut for a walk and then did some BW and kettlebell stuff too.  

Food Goal - 75% cleanand under target: +3

3 pt streak: 17 days 

Fitness Goal - a walk and a strength workout: 3 points

3 pt streak: 17 days

Total Points: 178

• Like 8

Hi Shello!! I'm late to the party but it sounds like you've been doing great work so far this challenge - unsurprising but awesome!  ;) 

And OH MY GOODNESS HAZELNUT IS PRECIOUS!! Is she totally housebroken? My family and another friend's family both had trouble housebreaking our beagles, which made me so sad because I just love them!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shello said:

I am not a mom who is afraid to lecture other people's children.  So I used the ride as an opportunity to talk about how to not miss the bus (this was her 3rd time in 4 days of school) but FIRST I lectured her on getting into a car with a stranger! 

Hehehehe one of the many, many reasons I think you're great :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Hi Shello!! I'm late to the party but it sounds like you've been doing great work so far this challenge - unsurprising but awesome!  ;) 

And OH MY GOODNESS HAZELNUT IS PRECIOUS!! Is she totally housebroken? My family and another friend's family both had trouble housebreaking our beagles, which made me so sad because I just love them!!

We've had a few incidents but she does really well.  I'm not sure she really understands what the backyard is for though.  She usually just stands on the deck and purveys the scene or sniffs out bunnies.  

6 hours ago, deftona said:

Hehehehe one of the many, many reasons I think you're great :)

And when I saw my kids after school I lectured them about not ever putting themselves in danger because they are too afraid of getting into trouble.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shello said:

And when I saw my kids after school I lectured them about not ever putting themselves in danger because they are too afraid of getting into trouble.  

You're a discipline machine! 

Week 2 Day 4

Work has been so hectic lately and I'm behind on a lot of work.  For once I didn't have something to do right after work so I made a list and set a goal not to leave until the list was complete.  I didn't quite make it but got about 80% done.  By the time I left I was craving pizza hard.  I figured I had been pushing myself for the past couple weeks and I was tired and stressed.  So instead of ordering pizza I decided to make it a rest night.  I went home, heated up some left over pasta and made some garlic bread and then just sat on the couch and chilled for a couple hours.  I still managed to tackle my floordrobe and I can now report that it is 80% put away and what didn't get put away is at least folded and ready.  I got laundry started so I can pack tonight for our MN trip.  Lights out was earlier than it's been for a long time but I didn't sleep well.  I've had a number of restless nights this week according to FitBit.  Food was the usual during the day with the addition of an apple for breakfast and some chocolate milk in the evening.  

Food Goal - 80% clean and under target: +3

3 pt streak: 18 days 

Fitness Goal - First rest day of the week and 5000 steps: 3 points

3 pt streak: 18 days

Total Points: 184

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Shello said:

We've had a few incidents but she does really well.  I'm not sure she really understands what the backyard is for though.  She usually just stands on the deck and purveys the scene or sniffs out bunnies.

That sounds like our beagle.  :)  He was lovely, but not the smartest doggo we owned.

6 hours ago, Shello said:

Lights out was earlier than it's been for a long time but I didn't sleep well.  I've had a number of restless nights this week according to FitBit.

So have I, actually. Not sure what's up.

Going to Minnesota already? The hammer race isn’t for another six weeks. Well even if your heading up there for the race you may still want to bring a hammer. Exercise equipment carried along has helped Sloth be a hero once or twice.

And great job on the parenting.

Going to Minnesota already? The hammer race isn’t for another six weeks. Well even if your heading up there for the race you may still want to bring a hammer. Exercise equipment carried along has helped Sloth be a hero once or twice.

And great job on the parenting.

It's State Fair season. I'm meeting my family for our annual State Fair Meetup. All the hammers are staying home so I'll have to watch for other heroing opportunities.

• Like 2

Week 2 Day 5 - Last day before vacation

Friday was busy with the last minute packing and making sure the house was prepared to be left alone for a few days.  I also had to drive out of town a bit to meet up with someone to take Hazelnut for the weekend.  I did manage a workout.  I took the sledge to the track again.  I got there just as it got dark but I made good use of my time.  Food was decent.  I was hungry early again and ate overnight oats as soon as I finished my official weigh in.  All other food was as planned and came in close to but under target.   

Food Goal - 80% clean and under target: +3

3 pt streak: 19 days 

Fitness Goal - sledgehammer workout and 7000 steps: 3 points

Week 2 Day 6 - Travel day

To keep expenses down I packed a cooler of sammich stuffs and some snacks.  I had an apple as we left in the morning (Ha! it was basically lunch time) and then had a half sammich on the road.  When we got to the cities, my brother and his family were on their way to the horseraces.  My kids (henceorth this includes the extra friend Qbert brought too) didn't care to go anywhere and wanted to stay in the hotel room and play video games. :huh:  I told them if they stayed they should work on the homework they brought.  They still wanted to stay.  So I ordered the kids pizza and left them behind and went on my own.  I didn't drive all that way to stay with them in a hotel room.  I was starving by the time I got there.  I found a food truck that had indian tacos - tacos with fry bread.  I didn't even know that was a thing, although it seems something @Sloth the Enduring must have posted about at some point.  It was delicious!   I was still hungry when I got back and had a few slices of what was left of the kids' pizza.  I still came in right at target and despite being in the car all day, I still managed 8000 steps.  I had built this d

Food Goal - not clean but under target: +3

3 pt streak: 20 days 

Fitness Goal - no workout and technically all fitness goals were frozen for this day but I didn't need it since it was my first rest day of the week

Week 2 Day 7 - State Fair Day!!

I meant to IG document my food for the day and I only remembered with the first meal.  Fair day was awesome, as usual.  I got almost 22,000 steps and ate the following fantastic foods:

We shared French toast bites (topped with fruit sauce, whipped cream, and pop rocks), pierogies, and bacon stuffed tater tots (not a fan actually).  

Deep fried cheese curds ( a staple)

Tater Tot poutine (my second favorite)

roasted corn on the cob

Big Fat Bacon on a stick

a Minnepumpkin pie with ice cream

all the milk you can drink (not much and I still felt like death afterwards)

Sweet martha's cookies  

Weird, it felt like much more when I was there but that's all I can remember.  

Food Goal - Most definitely not clean and definitely not tracked.  Points and goals were postponed for the day:

Fitness Goal - 21,285 steps: +3 

Week 3 Day 1 - Mall of America Day

I felt pretty broken by Monday but I still got in 14000 steps.  I meant for food to be better but I really had a tough time getting back to it.  I had an apple and a Poptart for breakfast while I waited for everyone else to get ready.  I wasn't hungry for lunch but ended up getting some mini pretzel dogs for a snack.  That messed up the rest of the day.  I wasn't hungry when everyone else ate dinner but I wanted to meet up for dessert with everyone so I joined in for some fro-yo.  But then I hadn't had much decent to eat and I was still peckish in the evening.  I grabbed some orange chicken to go and had that in the hotel.  We also stayed up late playing games in our hotel room so snacks were had.  I still managed a deficit so I was prepared to take the +2 points and lose the streak and the 1,000,000 points but then I realized I had a streak saver so there.  

Food Goal - Most definitely not clean and definitely not tracked but managed a deficit: +2 upgraded to +3 with a streak saver

3 pt streak: 21 days ------------ CHAIN BONUS +50 

Fitness Goal - 14,000 steps: +3 

3 pt streak: 21 days ------------ CHAIN BONUS +50 

Week 3 Day 2 - lazy travel day

Oh man was I tired yesterday.  That was the longest 5 hour drive ever.  I snacked a bit more than I would have liked but it was in efforts to stay awake.  Peach tried to get me to order a pizza but my gut just wasn't very happy with me and I knew I'd regret it.  I didn't go for anything healthy though either (PB and cheddar potato chip sandwich + a chocolate chip muffin) but I did stay right at target.  It wasn't much of a deficit since I barely moved all day on my own feet but the target is what it is.  

Food Goal - Not clean but within target, barely: +3

3 pt streak: 22 days 

Fitness Goal - well deserved rest day: +3 

3 pt streak: 22 days

Total Points: 307

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Oh my gods, I love Indian tacos sooo much. The perfect fusion food of the Americas. 

a5c2c06cfa53fa0cbd3502d7ead7703a--indian

I thought it was epically amazing...

• Like 1

Week 3 Day 3

Despite feeling bloated and a bit like crap after my trip, the scale detected no change in weight.  That's never happened on a Fair trip.  The rest of the week is tricky though.  I was too tired/lazy Tuesday night to doing any meal prep so I had to wing it for lunch and supper.  Luckily, I found it was food truck Wednesday so I grabbed a cheddar brat and some of the most amazing home made tater tots. That kept me full longer than my usual lunch so there was no snack.  But I was starving by the time class got out but I still had places to be so I grabbed Jimmy Johns.  It was great as always but it left me feeling heavy.  That's pretty much all I ate until midnight when I had a chocolate fudge frozen yogurt bar.  I finished the day well under target.  

I decided to take the long way around to the food trucks and got a walk in.  I forgot about the walk by the end of the day and still thought I needed to get a workout in.  I mean, this was the plan anyway as the walk wasn't all that.  So I forced myself to do a token bodyweight workout.  I didn't have much for energy so I just did a quick core workout and some stretching and called it good.  Then I remembered the walk and realized I had already done enough to meet my goals.. . So yeah, I literally went that extra mile yesterday.  

Also found out that Hazelnut was adopted over the weekend.  It's great news and I'm glad she found a family.  I just didn't realize when I dropped her off for the weekend that it was really for good.  The new exchange student moves in this weekend so I told them I could take another dog once that settles down some time next week.    

Food Goal - Not clean but under target: +3

3 pt streak: 23 days 

Fitness Goal - a walk and a mini core workout: +3 

3 pt streak: 23 days

Total Points: 313

• Like 7

I don’t think you state faired right. Are you sure you ate all the things?

I’m glad your doggo got adopted out. I can’t quite decide if it’s better when they are in-and-out quickly or when they hang out with you for a long time.

6 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I don’t think you state faired right. Are you sure you ate all the things?

Ikr?   It sure felt like I did it right.  I certainly didn't necessarily turn down any food I really wanted because I was full!  Maybe my scale is broken? 

2 hours ago, Shello said:

scale

Scales are stupid.  My day-by-day fluctuations don't seem to follow any kind of pattern that has anything to do with what I eat or don't eat.  I'm just trusting the trend line.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Scales are stupid.  My day-by-day fluctuations don't seem to follow any kind of pattern that has anything to do with what I eat or don't eat.  I'm just trusting the trend line.

Scales are very stupid.  Mine can give me different numbers each time I get on it in the mornings.  I do keep track of my daily weight (when I'm home) and track the average over time.  I try not to get too bogged down with each day to day scale.  But on a fair trip I expect to put on a few, even if it's just carb bloat.  It is mighty strange to have stayed the same.  My first instinct is to not trust the scale but when it's in my favor, I'll accept the news. ;) 

• Like 5