• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shello

Shello Kicks Names and Takes Ass

Week 3 Day 4

The Back to School Plague strikes!  The kids weren't feeling that great by the time we were on our way home from our trip.  Peach missed a couple more days of school... and now I've got it.  Sometimes I can't tell the difference between bad allergies and an actual cold but I don't seem to be as bad off as Peach.  I can at least get to work.  I'm just tired and have a scratchy throat.  I'm debating initiating Plague ProtocolsTM but I'm not really sure how to fit it in to my goal structure.   I did not have the energy for a workout yesterday.  I made a quick batch of cauliflower and potato soup, cleaned up a little around the house, and spent the rest of the evening in bed watching TV and then went to sleep early.  That's my 2nd rest day for the week already and I'm not really feeling much more energetic today either.   

Food Goal - 80% clean and under target: +3

3 pt streak: 24 days 

Fitness Goal -Another rest day and only 5000 steps: +3 

3 pt streak: 24 days

Total Points: 319

• Like 5

Glad to hear that Hazelnut found a new home :) You're smart for keeping track of your average weight instead of stressing over small daily changes! There are so many factors at play that it's impossible to say if you've gained weight or if that huge dinner you had yesterday hasn't left your system quite yet :D Get better soon! <3

• Like 1

Week 3 - Plague Update

It's like the weekend didn't even exist.  Although, Monday was a holiday and I suppose it was one of the best time holidays because my state of plague worsended on Friday and I needed the 3 days off to relax and I didn't even need to bother to call into work.  I ended up cancelling my Friday night plans as I just continued to feel worse.  I stayed in and ordered a pizza on my own since my plans had already included ordering pizza.  Plus pizza makes you feel better, right?  It's like pepperoni soup for the soul.  I went to bed early but only managed 10 hours of sleep since I had to wake up to be presentable with the exchange student moved in.   It's too bad her first experience of me is when I am sick.  I could not properly entertain her at all.  

Saturday I did run some errands, including grocery shopping with the exchange student... she'll need a proper NF pseudonym...  We bought some frozen pizza because...soup.  :P   I did very little the rest of the day.  We did watch a movie though. I don't recall what it was... 

The rest of the weekend was much the same.  The exchange student went out with friends a bit on Sunday and Monday.  I ate some more pizza and lazed about most of the time. I did attempt a low key BW workout Sunday but abandoned after 5 minutes and elected for a low key yoga session.  Monday I was starting to feel human again but I was easily overtaxed.  I did attempt some organizating in the basement but accomplished very little.  I did get my laundry done and I EVEN PUT IT AWAY!!! To prepare for returning to work, I decided to try out one of the Lush bath bombs I spent all my money on at the mall of america.  It was...well, lush AF.   

All goals, including points and streaks, were officially on hold.  The scale number continued to drop during the plague despite all the pizza. One of the symptoms of my plague must have been a caloric immunity to pizza.  I could tell I was starting to feel more human on Monday as my immunity was fading.  We're getting another pupster tonight so I can start getting back to goals by taking the dog for a walk tonight.  

• Like 5

On 8/31/2018 at 8:48 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Hope you recover quickly

Thanks.  Considering my plague had the decency to stay within the confines of my long weekend I'd say I fared pretty well.  

On 9/1/2018 at 1:16 AM, Ensi said:

Glad to hear that Hazelnut found a new home :) You're smart for keeping track of your average weight instead of stressing over small daily changes! There are so many factors at play that it's impossible to say if you've gained weight or if that huge dinner you had yesterday hasn't left your system quite yet :D Get better soon! <3

My tracking charts have evolved over the years since being here.  It's quite helpful.  Thanks! 

• Like 1

Caloric immunity to pizza? Where do I get me some of this sickness from...?

Great work doing what you can even though you're sick, major props for that yoga workout. Which bath bomb did you use?

7 hours ago, deftona said:

Caloric immunity to pizza? Where do I get me some of this sickness from...?

Don't fret.  Turns out it was all trickery....  The sickness brought only delayed onset pizza calories... not an immunity.  :( 

7 hours ago, deftona said:

Great work doing what you can even though you're sick, major props for that yoga workout. Which bath bomb did you use?

It was The Big Sleep.  I also bought 2 other bath bombs, a bubble bar, and a quartet of oil bombs.  

• Like 1

Week 4 Day 5

The plague lingers but improved enough for me to get back to my goals.  I got workouts in Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday but merely going for a walk in the neighborhood a couple days and then mowing the lawn.  Mowing the lawn was much easier than it has been, despite the insane overgrowth.  But the temp was about 15 degrees cooler and I usually forget how much of an impact that has.  Food over the week was consistent all week.  We had leftover grilled goodies from Monday night, my usual egg skillet scramble for lunches most days - one day I grabbed a burger at the cafeteria - and overnight oats as a snack.  

My plan for my challenge didn't take into account taking the weekend off.  Maybe I meant to NOT take the weekend off but I certainly feel like I at least need that before hitting the next challenge.  I decided to include Friday in order to hit the 28 day streak and then take the weekend off.  Friday was a scheduled rest day but it also turned out to be pretty hectic so it worked out.  I did still get workouts in over the weekend, a walk and some yoga.  Food was decent with the exception of Saturday.  It was Peach's birthday and she requested donuts and pizza so that's basically all I ate all day... oh, and the lemon glazed angel food cake with berries.  I still stayed within a deficit so I'm pretty happy with how my Weekend Zero turned out.  

Tuesday

3 pt streak: 25 days 

Fitness Goal -A neighborhood walk and 7300 steps: +3 

3 pt streak: 25 days

Wednesday

Food Goal - 50% clean and under target: +3

3 pt streak: 26 days 

Fitness Goal -A neighborhood walk and 8200 steps: +3 

3 pt streak: 26 days

Thursday

3 pt streak: 27 days 

Fitness Goal -Mowed the lawn and 8700 steps: +3 

3 pt streak: 27 days

Friday

Food Goal - 60% clean and under target: +3

3 pt streak: 28 days ------------ CHAIN BONUS +500 

Fitness Goal -Rest day and 6900 steps: +3 

3 pt streak: 28 days ----------- CHAIN BONUS +500

Total Points: 1344

• Like 6

Overall I am extremely happy with how this challenge turned out.  I managed to lose just over 9 pounds.  I am back below my beginning 2018 weight and close to my lowest for this year as well as my 2017 pre holiday weight.  The intensity of my workouts wasn't what it used to be but the consistency was there.  I desperately needed the consistency more than the intensity.  I'll use the next challenge to build from there.  Thank you all for hanging out with me during this challenge. 

Since the Plague knocked me down for a few days and I hadn't accounted for a weekend zero, I didn't hit the 34 day streak.  But I am awarding myself +250,000 bonus points for the food goal, that's a quarter of the bonus for a 34 day streak.  Apart from the plague and 1 planned day at the Fair, I maintained my streak.  I did have to use 2 of the streak savers but that was built in.   I'm also awarding +500,000 points for the fitness goal.  I maintained the streak throughout the challenge, with no streak savers.  I used no more than 2 rest days a week and didn't even really need the planned off day for the Fair trip.  The only days I missed were plague days so half the 34 streak bonus seems acceptable.

Total Points: 751,344

• Like 5