• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I love that Frank is the Deadpool of sharks.

LOL! It seemed natural that he would break the 4th wall and that he would have 6 different personalities to help drive him along ;) 

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I am enjoying where this is going! 

Woot woot! Part 2 is gonna be fun. I have some funny stuff coming with this story. AAANND, since I decided more of a dark comedy from the POV of the shark, it take a lot of stress off my writing.

2 hours ago, therealkat said:

Poking in to say hello and that your Joker was delightful :)

Aww, thank you Kat! I thought your Harley Quinn was amazing!!

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Ask him where he got the vest for that outfit.

1 hour ago, therealkat said:

^^ This

LOL!! I got the vest as apart of Tank's wedding last summer. I was one of the honored (and lucky) Groomsmen to attend and that vest was the vest we wore. I thought it looked very Jokerish and decided (with the help of my lovely wife) to use that as part of my cosplay ;). The funny thing is, is I only rented the vest. I forgot to return it. But, it worked out for me in the long run. The only thing I don't like with my Joker cosplay is I have to shave my face for it to look good. And when I shave my face I look like an 18 year old, haha.

Challenge Update:

• New week so back to square 1 with swimming. 0/2
  • Weighed in at 186.6 this morning. My weight fluctuations are weird. I could easily be 190 by this evening.
  • Posted part 1 of my story. Check it out at the end of page 3 if you missed it ;) 
  • Did some GtG last night and some more pull-up related PvP stuff this morning.

I'm ready for week 2! MOAR writing, MOAR swimming, MOAR sharks!

Related image

That one's for you @jonfirestar :D 

Wolf

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

LOL! It seemed natural that he would break the 4th wall and that he would have 6 different personalities to help drive him along ;) 

Woot woot! Part 2 is gonna be fun. I have some funny stuff coming with this story. AAANND, since I decided more of a dark comedy from the POV of the shark, it take a lot of stress off my writing.

Aww, thank you Kat! I thought your Harley Quinn was amazing!!

LOL!! I got the vest as apart of Tank's wedding last summer. I was one of the honored (and lucky) Groomsmen to attend and that vest was the vest we wore. I thought it looked very Jokerish and decided (with the help of my lovely wife) to use that as part of my cosplay ;). The funny thing is, is I only rented the vest. I forgot to return it. But, it worked out for me in the long run. The only thing I don't like with my Joker cosplay is I have to shave my face for it to look good. And when I shave my face I look like an 18 year old, haha.

Challenge Update:

• New week so back to square 1 with swimming. 0/2
  • Weighed in at 186.6 this morning. My weight fluctuations are weird. I could easily be 190 by this evening.
  • Posted part 1 of my story. Check it out at the end of page 3 if you missed it ;) 
  • Did some GtG last night and some more pull-up related PvP stuff this morning.

I'm ready for week 2! MOAR writing, MOAR swimming, MOAR sharks!

Related image

That one's for you @jonfirestar :D 

Wolf

That pic reminded me of this:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Frank and the Feeding Frenzy Fiasco- Part 1

Love the story so far, can't wait to see where this goes :) 

20 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Ohhhhhhh! I would be curious to see what the ending was where you were! I enjoyed the movie. It was entertaining and overall just a fun movie. The movie and book ending below:

The spoilered part was the same here, I was more wondering if the part leading up to that was the same.  In the version here, the climax was in Sanya Bay and the second half of the movie was almost entirely in Chinese.  There were the occasional English lines thrown in to keep Statham part of the show, but it seemed like the second half of the movie was all Chinese.  It seemed like the first part of it was a Hollywood movie but then suddenly it switched over to local Chinese production, completely changing the mood (and quality) of the movie.  They did this with Transformers 4, where they added in a whole section for the China release that had a long hospital sequence with a bunch of famous Chinese actors talking in Chinese about something (I can't even remember the plot of the whole movie, let alone what that part was about) :D 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 2:52 PM, Wolfpool said:

Yeah, I had listened to it on Audible, well at least the first 4-5 chapters and then I don't know what happened because it's not in my library :( I remember the narrator being good.

That sucks... I just finished NPCs this weekend. I downloaded the second book and have started on that one. I'm really enjoying it! 

Are you on Goodreads, Wolf? 

On 8/16/2018 at 2:52 PM, Wolfpool said:

I did NOT know he had his own twitter page, HA! I'm going to follow him right now! Even if Hearne decided not to come be a guest speaker, I gotta hand it to ya, that's ballsy to ask, and I love it! Trying is half the battle IMO. That's why I've dabbled in so many different things because ya never know what could happen.

I would have loved to have had him as a guest in my online book club! His response was essentially that he thought it was better for the book club to be able to talk about the book without having author influence on the experience of the story. I can see where he's coming from, but I appreciate that he at least responded and considered it. He's responded to quite a few of my tweets actually. He's a really cool guy. I asked him about Oberon's opinion on tacos, and the verdict is of course that they are delicious. lol. 

Just read the beginning of your story, and I love it so far! LOL! "So, think of the pilot fish as my proverbial toothpicks and glorified, carnivorous lufa’s." made me laugh out loud in my office. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That pic reminded me of this:

NICE! I love Super Power Beatdown! One the best is White Ranger vs Scorpion from Mortal Kombat!

32 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Love the story so far, can't wait to see where this goes :) 

Good! Part 2 will be up later this week ;)! Thanks for the compliment, brother!

32 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

The spoilered part was the same here, I was more wondering if the part leading up to that was the same.  In the version here, the climax was in Sanya Bay and the second half of the movie was almost entirely in Chinese.  There were the occasional English lines thrown in to keep Statham part of the show, but it seemed like the second half of the movie was all Chinese.  It seemed like the first part of it was a Hollywood movie but then suddenly it switched over to local Chinese production, completely changing the mood (and quality) of the movie.  They did this with Transformers 4, where they added in a whole section for the China release that had a long hospital sequence with a bunch of famous Chinese actors talking in Chinese about something (I can't even remember the plot of the whole movie, let alone what that part was about) :D 

It took place in Sanya Bay for my version as well. As in, the conglomerate of people in inner-tubes out in the water? MAN! That beach was PACKED! There seemed to be more Chinese related stuff in the second half so maybe they were the same? Huh. Transformers 4 wasn't bad. I really disliked the Fallen Knight one or whatever it was. Was that #5? When Bumblebee started cursing, I was out, cuz we were watching that with the boys. Thanks a lot, Michael Bay!

So having the game pass for XBox has been awesome. I downloaded this game called Vermintide 2, it's a Warhammer game, and it made me think of @DarK_RaideR and @shaar when we did our Warhammer RP. The graphics are top notch and the gameplay is awesome. I'm playing as the Witch Hunter Captain, Victor Saltzpyre aka Saltz ;) 

Image result for victor saltzpyre

I'm really digging this game. There's some fun RP elements there and like I said, the graphics are gorgeous with that 4K compatibility and the game play is awesome. Tons of gore-cool weapons-guns-magic-The works!

44 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

That sucks... I just finished NPCs this weekend. I downloaded the second book and have started on that one. I'm really enjoying it! 

Are you on Goodreads, Wolf? 

Yes ma'am, I'm on Goodreads. I actually joined because you mentioned it my last challenge. I believe we are friends on there :D. I have NPC's locked in as a future purchase for sure! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Speaking of enjoying...I'm really into Drawing of the Three. I just finished the part-

Spoiler

where Roland pulls Eddie through the door to grab the cocaine before he gets busted by customs. Trippy and wild scene there!!

I also have The Prison of Azkaban to read as well. I decided to start with Book 3 because Sirius Black is my fave and IMO, things get good in the HP series with book 3 ;) 

I would have loved to have had him as a guest in my online book club! His response was essentially that he thought it was better for the book club to be able to talk about the book without having author influence on the experience of the story. I can see where he's coming from, but I appreciate that he at least responded and considered it. He's responded to quite a few of my tweets actually. He's a really cool guy. I asked him about Oberon's opinion on tacos, and the verdict is of course that they are delicious. lol. 

Tacos are da best!! Especially living in the area we live in. Tank would say that San Antonio tacos are the best and I'm not really in a position to disagree with him lol. That's awesome he's answered your tweets. I've been obsessing with the game Anthem that comes out next February and I've been pretty active with the community and asking questions. It was really awesome to see one of the guys I follow on YouTube include one of my answered tweets in his "Dev Updates" from twitter ;)

Just read the beginning of your story, and I love it so far! LOL! "So, think of the pilot fish as my proverbial toothpicks and glorified, carnivorous lufa’s." made me laugh out loud in my office. 

WOOT WOOT! I major in Humor with a minor in goofball-ness, so, thank you for appreciating the writing thus far! It feels good to be telling stories again, especially original ones :D

Song of the Day

Wolf

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

I can definitely see what you're aiming for with the story. It's a style that you seem to write really easily. It's nice. :))

Thank you so much, Echo! That means a lot coming from someone as established as yourself :D. Not bragging, but that "style" is very easy for me. I feel like I don't have to ponder as much on where to go with the story because I'm not taking it (or myself) too serious. Thank you for the feedback ;) 

Wolf

23 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

Yes ma'am, I'm on Goodreads. I actually joined because you mentioned it my last challenge. I believe we are friends on there :D. I have NPC's locked in as a future purchase for sure! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Speaking of enjoying...I'm really into Drawing of the Three. I just finished the part-

Reveal hidden contents

where Roland pulls Eddie through the door to grab the cocaine before he gets busted by customs. Trippy and wild scene there!!

I also have The Prison of Azkaban to read as well. I decided to start with Book 3 because Sirius Black is my fave and IMO, things get good in the HP series with book 3 ;) 

Tacos are da best!! Especially living in the area we live in. Tank would say that San Antonio tacos are the best and I'm not really in a position to disagree with him lol. That's awesome he's answered your tweets. I've been obsessing with the game Anthem that comes out next February and I've been pretty active with the community and asking questions. It was really awesome to see one of the guys I follow on YouTube include one of my answered tweets in his "Dev Updates" from twitter ;)

WOOT WOOT! I major in Humor with a minor in goofball-ness, so, thank you for appreciating the writing thus far! It feels good to be telling stories again, especially original ones :D

I see I do have you friended on good reads. Good! Hehe... 

Drawing of the Three is fantastic! That's a pretty trippy part... and it only gets trippier. 

Prisoner of Azkaban is my second fav HP book. My favorite is Goblet of Fire. 

I'd love to try some San Antonio Tacos sometime... I may have to try and take a mini-vacation there with Mr. Wolfe sometime. 

• Like 2

So much to catch up on!   Sounds like things are going well!

In bullet point format.

• Wow, you pull of a swim cap remarkably well.  That is a super power in itself.
  • Need to go back and read your writing once I am caught up on threads.  Excited to do this.
  • Vermintide haha!  I don't play it, but my gaming table ran a Warhammer Fantasy RPG for a year and a half.  I was a bounty hunter turned vampire hunter, with sights on being a witch hunter.  I rolled max toughness and 2 shy of max strength.  She was a brute and her name was Constance.  She ran with a sidekick named Reinhardt, who would talk people out of messing with her for their own good.  Your story reminded me of that game!  Good times.
  • Play Tyranny.  This game is amazing, I'm only about half way through it.  Such wonderful dilemnas and a real sense of paranoia over my decisions!

That's all I've got for now!  Keep up the butt kicking.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

Thank you so much, Echo! That means a lot coming from someone as established as yourself :D. Not bragging, but that "style" is very easy for me. I feel like I don't have to ponder as much on where to go with the story because I'm not taking it (or myself) too serious. Thank you for the feedback ;) 

Aww shucks ^_^ We all have a style that is really easy to pull off. It doesn't matter if it's comedy or horror, it is nice to have a voice. :D When it comes to comedy I can't really pull off that style but I have my own thing I'm good at.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I see I do have you friended on good reads. Good! Hehe... 

:D 

Drawing of the Three is fantastic! That's a pretty trippy part... and it only gets trippier. 

I'm excited!

Prisoner of Azkaban is my second fav HP book. My favorite is Goblet of Fire. 

I'm excited about getting into Goblet of Fire. The games were AMAZING!

I'd love to try some San Antonio Tacos sometime... I may have to try and take a mini-vacation there with Mr. Wolfe sometime. 

Heck yeah! That would a cool Ranger/NF meet-up! Plus, Heather and I had such a fantastic time last time with Tank and Sra Tanque that we can't wait to go back!

32 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

So much to catch up on!   Sounds like things are going well!

In bullet point format.

• Wow, you pull of a swim cap remarkably well.  That is a super power in itself.
  • Need to go back and read your writing once I am caught up on threads.  Excited to do this.
  • Vermintide haha!  I don't play it, but my gaming table ran a Warhammer Fantasy RPG for a year and a half.  I was a bounty hunter turned vampire hunter, with sights on being a witch hunter.  I rolled max toughness and 2 shy of max strength.  She was a brute and her name was Constance.  She ran with a sidekick named Reinhardt, who would talk people out of messing with her for their own good.  Your story reminded me of that game!  Good times.
  • Play Tyranny.  This game is amazing, I'm only about half way through it.  Such wonderful dilemnas and a real sense of paranoia over my decisions!

That's all I've got for now!  Keep up the butt kicking.

HAHA! Thank you so much! My buddy Keenan said I look like an alien with cap and goggles on lol. I'm also not surprised with our cohesiveness when it comes to warhammer. I feel like we are a lot alike and every challenge since you started following I'm seeing that more and more :)

I'm excited for you to read part 1 and I'll definitely check out Tyranny. Thank you for the suggestion!

Image result for flexing shark

5 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

Aww shucks ^_^ We all have a style that is really easy to pull off. It doesn't matter if it's comedy or horror, it is nice to have a voice. :D When it comes to comedy I can't really pull off that style but I have my own thing I'm good at.

It really is nice to have a voice :). And I have NO doubt that you rock your own style!

Wolf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfpool said:

Heck yeah! That would a cool Ranger/NF meet-up! Plus, Heather and I had such a fantastic time last time with Tank and Sra Tanque that we can't wait to go back!

Oh yes, that would be awesome if I could convince my Hubby to hang out with some of my NF friends. I'm not sure. He's kinda anti-social. lol. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

It took place in Sanya Bay for my version as well. As in, the conglomerate of people in inner-tubes out in the water? MAN! That beach was PACKED!

The thing is, I spend pretty much every Chinese New Year in Sanya (which is the peak tourist season there) and I have NEVER seen the place even close to that packed.  (no sharks there either..)   That said, there are beaches in China that are even more packed than the one in the movie like this one in Qingdao:

Image result for 海滩 ä¸é¥ºå­

Apparently the city of Sanya is building a Meg theme park so they paid the producer a large amount of money to have the place prominently featured.  Given the investment they are putting into the theme park, you can bet the sequel has already been greenlit and is probably already in production

• Like 2

FRIIIICK that Warhammer RP was a blast!  I still use that last name, Al-Khatabi, with a lot of my current RP and MMO characters......

Also all of y'all writing makes me super hype to eventually get back to my narrative, once life calms down and I have more mental bandwidth to be creative!  GO SHARKS GO!

• Like 2

On 8/20/2018 at 4:35 PM, RhiaWolfe said:

Oh yes, that would be awesome if I could convince my Hubby to hang out with some of my NF friends. I'm not sure. He's kinda anti-social. lol. 

Heather is 100% extroverted and I'm like 90% lol. It's ok to be anti-social, sometimes you just need some hardcore extroverts to pull you out of your shell ;). It would be awesome to hang out, though!

On 8/21/2018 at 10:06 AM, WhiteGhost said:

The thing is, I spend pretty much every Chinese New Year in Sanya (which is the peak tourist season there) and I have NEVER seen the place even close to that packed.  (no sharks there either..)   That said, there are beaches in China that are even more packed than the one in the movie like this one in Qingdao:

Image result for 海滩 ä¸é¥ºå­

Apparently the city of Sanya is building a Meg theme park so they paid the producer a large amount of money to have the place prominently featured.  Given the investment they are putting into the theme park, you can bet the sequel has already been greenlit and is probably already in production

Yeah, that beach was PACKED!!! I can't imagine trying to enjoy myself with that many people in one area lol. That's wicked that they are building a Meg theme park there! I'll be curious to see what it ends up looking like in the end cuz I would like to visit it one day. It makes me wonder if they end up making it look like the theme park eventually built in the books?? I hope there is a sequel. There needs to be MOAR giant shark movies like that :) 

On 8/21/2018 at 11:37 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Basically this challenge:

HA! I put a Street Sharks gif at the beginning of my challenge. We are still like minded my friend :D.

Related image

21 hours ago, shaar said:

FRIIIICK that Warhammer RP was a blast!  I still use that last name, Al-Khatabi, with a lot of my current RP and MMO characters......

That makes me smile ;). I actually don't remember my Pit Fighters name :( 

21 hours ago, shaar said:

Also all of y'all writing makes me super hype to eventually get back to my narrative, once life calms down and I have more mental bandwidth to be creative!  GO SHARKS GO!

I'm looking forward to seeing you get your mental bandwidth up to speed, Shaar! I would love to read some of your narrative :) 

Image result for fast shark gif

Wolf

• Like 1

Week 2 Challenge Update:

• Didn't get a chance to swim last week. We did go to the lake yesterday for Orin's birthday but I didn't do much swimming. Had I swam all the across the the gap from one side (where we were) to the other and back, I would count that as 1 workout, but I only swam out half way to meet my brother and step brother then swim back. The total length across was probably 150m, maybe? 0/2
  • Maintained weight all week. I clocked in at 190 this morning.
  • I managed GtG all week-still currently sitting in 4th place overall.
  • I didn't write any last week. I'll work on that this week.

So, an overall OK week 2. I can do better, though. 

Wolf 

• Like 8

On 8/22/2018 at 1:27 PM, Wolfpool said:

Heather is 100% extroverted and I'm like 90% lol. It's ok to be anti-social, sometimes you just need some hardcore extroverts to pull you out of your shell ;). It would be awesome to hang out, though!

I'm about 75% extroverted... whereas my husband is like... 0.5%... lol. There are days where we don't say a single thing to each other except "Love you, goodnight!" lol. 

• Like 2

Heyo Wolfie! I've been a little lax on the following end of things this cycle but I just caught up and I am loving your theme. I actually read Meg way back in the day when it first came out in like the late 90s and thought it was the most ridiculous thing I had ever read - I am seriously pretty pumped they turned it into a movie because something that cheesey and action packed can only make good for good theater (see: Sharknado, which you have already addressed but it bears repeating because SHARKNADO). 

Anyway, sounds like you're trucking along pretty well in the challenge.  We are over the half way hump week three let's go! :D

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 12:28 PM, RhiaWolfe said:

I'm about 75% extroverted... whereas my husband is like... 0.5%... lol. There are days where we don't say a single thing to each other except "Love you, goodnight!" lol. 

Yeah, I know other couples where one spouse is like that. For me though...I think I make introverts who are like your husband nervous. Possibly even angry, lol. I can be a little "much". I'm surprised @Sloth the Enduring still likes me because I was worried I scared him off when we first met. I was literally fanboying over him, hahaha.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:57 PM, Raxie said:

Heyo Wolfie! I've been a little lax on the following end of things this cycle but I just caught up and I am loving your theme. I actually read Meg way back in the day when it first came out in like the late 90s and thought it was the most ridiculous thing I had ever read - I am seriously pretty pumped they turned it into a movie because something that cheesey and action packed can only make good for good theater (see: Sharknado, which you have already addressed but it bears repeating because SHARKNADO). 

Anyway, sounds like you're trucking along pretty well in the challenge.  We are over the half way hump week three let's go! :D

Hey Rax!! Isn't the book super ridiculous?? Lol! The other ones are just the same. I don't like all the possible adulterer type stuff that goes on, though. For reasons... But yeah, I've listened to the first 3 books on Audible. When you get a chance to see the movie, I think you'll enjoy it. It 100% is exactly what you would want in a giant shark movie minus tons of gore. I could of done with more gore. Week 3 went like week 2...not much done challenge wise because I was still working OT in the mornings instead of training. That makes it 2+ weeks since I've swam. BOO! 

On another note, I love using the concept 2 row machine at the gym. I'm going to focus on rowing the next challenge as well as still swimming 1-2x a week. 

On another nother note-I'm almost done with Drawing of the Three. Trippppppppy book! And I have The Waste Lands coming up next :). I can't stop saying "honky mufah" lol. The way the narrator says it cracks me up! But, I'm really enjoying the books. I had a question for you. I noticed that the Wind Through the Keyhole is listed as book 4.5; I'm guessing that's something I need to read after Wizard and Glass, right? It's narrated by King himself.

So, this challenge has gone to doodoo. I haven't swam-haven't written anything new (though I plan to finish the short story about Fearless Frank and his Pilot Fish best friends). The only thing I've managed is my weight and my GtG pull-ups. Oh well....RL called and I had to answer.

I wanted to go ahead and update everyone because it's been over a week since I have. I hope everyone is doing well :) 

Related image

Wolf

• Like 8