• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

19 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I totally did read the first one! I've been focusing on book club books over "fun stuff" this summer though as some of these haven't been available at the library. :(

PSA - SyFy is doing a shark movie marathon today leading up to Deep Blue Sea 2. Jersey Shore Shark Attack was on earlier and I am pretty sure it is my new favorite cheesy shark movie. 

Well dang! Hopefully you get a chance to read the other Meg books one day soon. They're pretty awesome. I don't really like the whole "Terry and Jonas being separated during the books and there's always acts of one or the other about to commit adultry" but maybe because that hits too close to home for me. Books 2 and 3 both has points where Jonas or Terry both cheat on one another and it's disturbing. 

DANGIT! I missed the sharkathon?? BOOOO! And What?! Deep Blue Sea 2?? I didn't even know they were making a 2nd one! Did they show it? Did you enjoy it? I actually really liked the original Deep Blue Sea.

Image result for deep blue sea gif

19 hours ago, Salinger said:

Saw on Instagram you went swimming....WOOOOOO xx

Yes ma'am :) It was a great workout, too. Thanks for checking it out, Sal! WOOT WOOT! :D 

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Wow.  I've always loved Patrick Stewart.   And now I am whatever the opposite of a cougar is, because dayem!

Sounds like you had a great weekend lined up, so I can't wait to hear about it.

HAHAHAHA! I think the equivalent of a sexy older male is a bear? Maybe? 

My weekend was really good! It rained a lot, but, I still managed to have a good time :) 

11 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

This is me this summer... lol. I"m finally at a point I can read something _I_ want to read. 

So whatcha gonna read??

11 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I second this ^^^

giphy.gif

Image result for funny patrick stewart gif

LOL. Good ole' Pat Stewart! 

Weekend went swell! Despite the constant rain, I had a good time with the wolf pack. We still have Jamison and may for a couple more days because his mom likely has pneumonia now...so that stinks. I did manage a solid 60 min swim workout Saturday morning complete with various strokes like freestyle, breast and butterfly. I also did 3 sets of 5 KB halos with a 10# KB going either direction as well as doing 3 sets of 8 pool muscle-ups. If you didn't check out my IG from Saturday here it is below:

I also took some before pics last night. Granted...should of taken them in the AM when I was at a truer weight, but, whatevs. I'm not as lean in the midsection as I'd like and that's just me being picky. I'm also including a post workout selfie I took after my swim workout with my before pics.

I'm excited about this challenge and showing some transformation pics come the end of it. Not sure how much transformation, but, a little is fine by me.

Starting weight this morning: 191#

Swim Workouts done this week: 0/2

Pull-ups done: None, but I did do 3 1/2 minutes of hold this morning with my workout. MOAR to come this afternoon.

Words written for shark thriller: Zero. I need to work on this.

Related image

Yikes! The hunter has become the hunted...

Wolf

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You look good brother. I’d be ecstatic if that was my after pic.

Preciate ya, brother. Like I said in my other post-I'm being picky. The Stronger workout program from Al Kalvado is coming to a close on phase 1 and I'll be entering phase 2 next week. It should ramp up some of the difficulty on the workouts and hopefully some more muscle gain before the challenge ends ;) 

Wolf

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PrincessMononoke said:

10-stages-of-falling-in-love-gif-2.gif?resize=500%2C245

HAHA! You crack me up! :D 

8 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I made this .gif just to post on your challenge.  Chomp!!

giphy.gif

#MomoaMonday

YUSSSSSSS!!! SO much excitement surrounding this movie! I CANNOT wait! Thank you for making that gif for me brother. I appreciate the mess out of it (and you). Funny, I was reading through my old werewolf story that featured my novel version of Rurik Harrgath...brought back a lot of good memories. One day I will finish that book and you will live in book infamy ;) 

#MomoaMonday

Image result for jason momoa aquaman necklace

Funny....I had an idea once where the main character used an atlati to chunk lightning. Hmmm.... And I wish there was some way to purchase Black Wolf Co. products like that badass chain wallet and knife!

7 minutes ago, Nymeria said:

Following!  I can't wait to read your shark story!  

Hi Nym! Good to see you :). I'm excited about the shark story and need to get off being so technical about it all. I'm researching wreck diving and trying to be as politically correct as possible, but in the end, it won't matter much. It's a shark thriller-it just needs to be entertaining lol. I'm letting it hold me up and that's no bueno! 

Goal 1: How Fast is a Great White?

0/2 Swim workouts this week. Gonna shoot for Thursday and Saturday morning.

Goal 2: Eat Like a Great White (or Megaladon)

Weighed in at 188.6 this morning. Maintenance is going well so far.

Goal 3: What Waits in the Shallows?

No writing yet. I need to stop trying to be so technical and just write. Hopefully I'll have a snippit out this week.

Goal 4: Swimming is ALL about Pulling

Did some flex holds and active hangs for yesterday's workout but nothing extra, I got home late last night and was distracted by the fam. MOAR pull-ups this evening.

All in all, it's not the greatest start to a challenge, but it's only just began and I can make up a lot of ground this week. I should of made rowing part of my challenge, but I guess it's kind of late for that. I think i'm going to implement that a lot more throughout the week and going forward because it's a great way to boost my cardio and gives me an excuse to use my training mask.

Image result for training mask 2.0

Song of the Day:

Wolf

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

No writing yet. I need to stop trying to be so technical and just write. Hopefully I'll have a snippit out this week.

Yep. Stop thinking about it, just write it and let the story tell itself. You can worry about getting the technical details correct later. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

This is my problem too, and it always delays me starting anything!! I always have to remind myself, just write some shit and you can edit it later..... 

• Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 12:08 PM, Wolfpool said:

So whatcha gonna read??

Right now I"m listening to one book on Audible and reading one book on my Kindle. 

The audible book is called NPCs by Drew Hayes. It starts off with these five people playing a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. The four players and one DM. The four players end up drinking mead at this tavern which reacts chemically with a mushroom they ate earlier in the woods, and their characters die. So they have to reroll their characters. The book then changes to the perspective of the NPCs and what they're going to do about these four dead adventurers in their tavern. They find out the four adventurers were summoned by the king on a quest, and they're worried about the wrath of the king when the adventurers turn up dead. So, four NPCs decide to impersonate the adventurers and go in their place... and then start the shenanigans. 

I'm a little more than half way through it. It's pretty awesome so far! I highly recommend it. Very well written and entertaining. 

The kindle book I"m reading is the last book in the Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne. Great series... I highly recommend it. I'm sad that this is the last book. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 8:35 AM, jonfirestar said:

Yep. Stop thinking about it, just write it and let the story tell itself. You can worry about getting the technical details correct later. 

I know, I know...I can't help it. I want to be politically correct and not seem like an idiot when I write something as best as I can but just making it entertaining at this point is more important than not writing and trying to be correct.

On 8/14/2018 at 2:27 PM, shaar said:

This is my problem too, and it always delays me starting anything!! I always have to remind myself, just write some shit and you can edit it later..... 

Good plan! Write and worry about edits later. I'm also trying to find time to sit down and write too because the time I had at work is getting increasingly more difficult to utilize. 

15 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here and following for pullup solidarity :) 

WOOT WOOT! Always happy to have you sir :) 

10 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Right now I"m listening to one book on Audible and reading one book on my Kindle. 

The audible book is called NPCs by Drew Hayes. It starts off with these five people playing a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. The four players and one DM. The four players end up drinking mead at this tavern which reacts chemically with a mushroom they ate earlier in the woods, and their characters die. So they have to reroll their characters. The book then changes to the perspective of the NPCs and what they're going to do about these four dead adventurers in their tavern. They find out the four adventurers were summoned by the king on a quest, and they're worried about the wrath of the king when the adventurers turn up dead. So, four NPCs decide to impersonate the adventurers and go in their place... and then start the shenanigans. 

I'm a little more than half way through it. It's pretty awesome so far! I highly recommend it. Very well written and entertaining. 

I actually have this book in my wish list for audible because it seemed like it would be a fun read! I'm glad to know someone who's reading it and it will probably bump it up on my list! I like the whole idea behind it but knowing you think the writing is good makes it better!

10 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

The kindle book I"m reading is the last book in the Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne. Great series... I highly recommend it. I'm sad that this is the last book. 

Iron Druid!! I had this for a while, listened to a little bit of it, but it's not in my library anymore....which makes me sad. It was a good book! I'll prolly have to get this one again too because the series is pretty expansive and I like that. I thought the idea was pretty unique and I liked his big Irish Wolfhound, Oberon :) 

Wolf

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

I know, I know...I can't help it. I want to be politically correct and not seem like an idiot when I write something as best as I can but just making it entertaining at this point is more important than not writing and trying to be correct.

That's what second drafts are for ;) of course that doesn't really work when all you are doing is a story to post on a forum because time but I'd still urge you not to worry too much about it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

I actually have this book in my wish list for audible because it seemed like it would be a fun read! I'm glad to know someone who's reading it and it will probably bump it up on my list! I like the whole idea behind it but knowing you think the writing is good makes it better!

I do recommend it and the reader does a great job on audible. I like the voices he uses for Grumph and Thistle. 

Iron Druid!! I had this for a while, listened to a little bit of it, but it's not in my library anymore....which makes me sad. It was a good book! I'll prolly have to get this one again too because the series is pretty expansive and I like that. I thought the idea was pretty unique and I liked his big Irish Wolfhound, Oberon :) 

Wolf

Oberon is my favorite character in the series! I love him! You know he has his own twitter page? lol. I follow Kevin Hearne and Oberon on Twitter. Kevin Hearne seems pretty cool. I tried to reach out to him to be a guest speaker for my book club, but he turned me down. Oh well, never know until you try. lol. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 9:27 PM, shaar said:

Good plan! Write and worry about edits later. I'm also trying to find time to sit down and write too because the time I had at work is getting increasingly more difficult to utilize. 

First drafts are allowed to suck. Especially if you're a pantser (opposite of plotter) because stories, besides not having legs, can in fact run away from you. :D 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

That's what second drafts are for ;) of course that doesn't really work when all you are doing is a story to post on a forum because time but I'd still urge you not to worry too much about it. 

Right, I'm not gonna worry about second drafts because I'm limited on time and really just want to entertain you guys and gals. I actually thought of revamping my entire idea and do a story from the sharks POV and make it more of a comedy. We'll see. I'll have a decision made this weekend.

2 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I do recommend it and the reader does a great job on audible. I like the voices he uses for Grumph and Thistle. 

Yeah, I had listened to it on Audible, well at least the first 4-5 chapters and then I don't know what happened because it's not in my library :( I remember the narrator being good.

2 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Oberon is my favorite character in the series! I love him! You know he has his own twitter page? lol. I follow Kevin Hearne and Oberon on Twitter. Kevin Hearne seems pretty cool. I tried to reach out to him to be a guest speaker for my book club, but he turned me down. Oh well, never know until you try. lol. 

I did NOT know he had his own twitter page, HA! I'm going to follow him right now! Even if Hearne decided not to come be a guest speaker, I gotta hand it to ya, that's ballsy to ask, and I love it! Trying is half the battle IMO. That's why I've dabbled in so many different things because ya never know what could happen.

2 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

First drafts are allowed to suck. Especially if you're a pantser (opposite of plotter) because stories, besides not having legs, can in fact run away from you. :D 

Stories can absolutely run away from you. I've had it happen lol. Thanks for stopping in to give some writers advice, Echo! Always good to see ya ;) 

GOALS!

• 188 this morning. I've been fluctuating between 187 and 191 the past few weeks
  • Went swimming this morning even though it was difficult to get out of bed. 1/2
  • No writing yet-but some coming this weekend ;) 
  • Did 3 sets of 12 for the t-bar cable row for some assistance points on the Pull-Up PvP. Currently I'm in 4th place (when I checked this morning). @Elastigirl and @Legionary are smashing it right now!

Wolf

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Wolfpool said:

Did 3 sets of 12 for the t-bar cable row for some assistance points on the Pull-Up PvP. Currently I'm in 4th place (when I checked this morning). @Elastigirl and @Legionary are smashing it right now!

That's because I just focused both Monday and Wednesday's workout on pulls and rows. Friday I'm back to my regular routine, so I'll be doing GTG on Pull ups

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That's because I just focused both Monday and Wednesday's workout on pulls and rows. Friday I'm back to my regular routine, so I'll be doing GTG on Pull ups

Well you've accumulated a lot in 2 days lol. #Beast

CHALLENGE!

• No swimming this morning. I've only taken 1 day of rest this week so I may not make another swim session considering I'm pretty whooped. Honestly, I may push this back to shooting for 1x a week instead of 2x. I really don't feel like stressing myself out about making 2 sessions if I don't have the time, ya know? 1/2 pending the 2nd swim workout.
  • 189 this morning.
  • Pull-up accessories this morning for a total of 133 points. I did a gnarly KB complex this morning with 20 min on the timer. It included: kb swings, OH press, front squat, bent over row, and 24-inch box jumps. Then I finished with some DB curls and hangs.
  • No writing yet. I'm leaning more towards a comedy opposed to a thriller. I don't really feel like something serious lol. And, I think I'll write it from the sharks POV, specifically an oceanic whitetip because of it's pilot fish. I have some funny dialogue in mind ;) 

Image result for oceanic whitetip

We'll say there's 6 total pilot fish with my shark, which I'm going to name Frank. I would love some input on goofy names for the 6 pilot fish if anyone has ideas :)?

Song of the Day (this ones a little on the heavy side)

Wolf

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

We'll say there's 6 total pilot fish with my shark, which I'm going to name Frank. I would love some input on goofy names for the 6 pilot fish if anyone has ideas :)?

Maverick, Goose, Iceman, Jester, Viper, Cougar (go for the Top Gun theme since they are "Pilot" fish).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Maverick, Goose, Iceman, Jester, Viper, Cougar (go for the Top Gun theme since they are "Pilot" fish).

I like this idea a lot. I had originally come up with: Bob, Stew, Carl, Trevor, Richard aka Dick and Steve. But your names make sense, lol.

Image result for top gun gif

Wolf

• Like 2

Amelia (Earhart), Chuck (Yeager), Bob (Hoover), Jimmy (Doolittle), Bessie (Coleman), Sally (Ride), Eddie (Rickenbacker).

Actual pilots.  There are more if those don't suit you.  ;-)

• Like 3

We went and watched the Meg movie last night and I was thinking of you and your challenge while we were there.  I will be interested to see your feedback, I think they may have done an alternative ending for China (similar to what they did for Transformers) and so I wonder how the US version was different.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 2:41 PM, Cheetah said:

Amelia (Earhart), Chuck (Yeager), Bob (Hoover), Jimmy (Doolittle), Bessie (Coleman), Sally (Ride), Eddie (Rickenbacker).

Actual pilots.  There are more if those don't suit you.  ;-)

I actually used 3 of these names above :). I thought about Amelia initially so I'm glad you included her in your list!

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

We went and watched the Meg movie last night and I was thinking of you and your challenge while we were there.  I will be interested to see your feedback, I think they may have done an alternative ending for China (similar to what they did for Transformers) and so I wonder how the US version was different.

Ohhhhhhh! I would be curious to see what the ending was where you were! I enjoyed the movie. It was entertaining and overall just a fun movie. The movie and book ending below:

Spoiler

In our ending, Jonas (Statham) used his sub to slice open the Meg on her belly and then the Meg launched up out of the water with Jonas and he stabber her right in the eye as they crashed back down. After that, a bunch of other sharks came out of the blue and started eating at the Meg as she sunk. I wasn't a huge fan of all the random sharks coming out of nowhere cuz it seemed kind of corny, and it didn't leave it open for another one, which was disappointing. In the books, the Meg was pregnant and gave birth at the end. Also, Jonas drives his sub into the Meg as she swallows him whole. He ends up in the stomach, manages to get out of his sub and work his way into the heart chamber and tear out the Megs heart. It was the wildest thing I've read to be honest lol. 100% far fetched but totally rad. 

But yeah, still a really enjoyable movie.

34 minutes ago, bker1370 said:

Following along  Wolfie.

WHOA!! Hey, Bker! Good to see ya sir!

Image result for shark says hi

Challenge Update:

• I did go swimming after work Friday. Granted, it was more of a leisure swim with the fam, I will count it. Playing is just as important as working out in the long run. I pretended to be a shark in the little kid pool area which was fun. I tested my time for holding my breath and managed 61 seconds. I know I can do another 29 seconds. That's gonna be a new goal for me come the end of the challenge. I want to shoot for a 90 seconds. 2/2
  • Weighed in at 187 and some change this morning. 
  • I've been writing stuff since Friday and my entry is below :) 
  • Haven't done pull-ups or anything related since Friday, but I'm about to start a GtG after my update. 

Frank and the Feeding Frenzy Fiasco- Part 1

Disclaimer: My heart goes out to the families and men who survived the USS Indianapolis that endured one of the most notorious shark attacks in our History. This work of fiction is not meant as a disrespect. It's just fiction. I hope no one take offense if they know or have family members that were involved.

One thing I know for sure; I’m a good swimmer. I am a shark after all. No...I’m not the scary Great White or the stealthy Tiger, or even the aggressive Bull. I’m an Oceanic Whitetip. I’m roughly eleven and a half feet and weigh close to 250 pounds. How do I know? We don’t have mirrors in the ocean (or scales) but my best friends inform me so. My friends are six pilot fish named: Bob, Goose, Chuck, Amelia, Richard (who I refer to as Dick) and Eddie. Bob likes to reiterate things. He’s notorious for confirming and stating the obvious. Chuck is the GPS of the group. He’s kind of a know-it-all. Goose and Eddie are twins. Goose thinks of himself as a comedian and Eddie is super smart. Amelia is the “muscle”. She’s unusually large for a pilot fish and the only female. And Dick has OCD and is the clean freak. He also has severe ADHD. And those are my best friends.

They’ve been with me for as long as I can remember. We have what’s called a symbiotic or mutual relationship. They help me and I help them. How so, you ask? Well, I get these annoying parasites that irritate the crap out of me and they eat them and keep me sanitary and “itch free”. In return, I protect them from being eaten themselves. Sometimes, when I’m feeling generous, I even let them clean the inside of my mouth out for scraps and overall dental hygiene. Richard (or Dick) is the best at this, being he’s the clean freak. Hey, don’t judge. Have you ever tried eating a sea turtle before and NOT getting shell stuck in your teeth? It’s annoying when you lack the ability to use a toothpick. So, think of the pilot fish as my proverbial toothpicks and glorified, carnivorous lufa’s.

Right now we’re in search for what others of my kind call a “shipwreck”. It doesn’t happen very often nowadays but my ancestors back in the day got to experience them almost weekly. What makes the search worth my time? It’s called a feeding frenzy. I’ve never experienced one, but from what I’ve heard, they are to die for. Getting to be apart of a shipwreck involves making shark history and I want to know my life wondering the Big Blue amounts to something special. I’m not 100% sure of the logistics, but apparently humans ride in these above water crafts called boats and ships. Well something happens to the boats and ships and sends the humans into the ocean, awaiting some sort of rescue. Those few hours (days if we’re lucky) are referred to as the “Human Hour”. Since we don’t know the exact time frame from shipwreck to rescue, our window of opportunity for a feeding frenzy is very small. But, if you do manage to be within a few hundred miles, your chances are greatly increased. My great, great grandpa, was apart of the most epic feeding frenzy known to our species back in 1945 called the “Indie 500”, and to this day, we still hear about it’s bloodbath. Gramps said there were over 900 sailors that were stranded in the water and more than a hundred whitetips answering the dinner bell. I just hope to be apart of something as epic one day.

“You’re going the wrong way.” Chuck says in his stifled, know-it-all voice. “We’re supposed to be headed south, not east.”

“Chill, Chuck. I’m just giving our audience a little background info.”

“There he goes again, talking to no one.” Bob chimes in.

“Guys, guys...haven’t we had this conversation before? I’m not talking to ‘no one’. I have an audience and they are just curious about what’s going on.”

“We’re not all guys, here. Don’t forget that.” Amelia says annoyed.

“Ya know, Frank...I think I see some more turtle shell in your teeth, mind if I-”

“Not now, Dick. Maybe later. And I don’t mean guys as in ‘guys’, Amelia, I mean...Nevermind. Will you all do me a favor and at least say hi to the happy people watching from the other side?”

There was a brief pause without a word. So, I shook my stout, muscular shark body as if I was thrashing, and the gang piped up.

“Hiiii.” They all said in the same monotone voice.

Sorry for the interruption. As I was saying…

“Can you at least go South while you’re talking with your…” Chuck cleared his throat in a flurry of bubbles, “...Audience?”

I rolled my eyes back and kicked my caudal fin aggressively. The sudden burst of speed and change of direction sent Chuck spinning out of the pack. The other five began to chuckle.

“Not funny, Frank!”

I laughed along with Bob, Amelia,Goose, Eddie and Dick.

“Ohhhh, Frank got you good! I didn’t know you screamed like a little minnow” Goose said in his unusually deep voice.

“Shut your scales, Goose!” Chuck fired back.

“I’mma slap the both of you!” Amelia said with a smile, flexing her fins.

“So why are we headed south again?” I asked, trying to change to subject. “I’m getting pretty hungry so we’re going to have to find some food soon.”

“Yaaaaasssss! Meal time!!” Dick yelled with excitement.

“South leads towards more populated areas which increases our chances to find a shipwreck.” Chuck stated. “And the water is going to be warmer there. Has anyone else been freezing their scales off recently?”

“You’re such a wimp!” Goose said, smiling. Out of everyone in the group, he liked to tease Chuck the most. Chuck lacked any sense of humor and his general serious nature made him and easy target.

“Well according to the hemisphere we’re currently in, Chuck is right. The water will be exceptionally warmer moving into a southern climate.” Eddie stated.

“Thanks, Poindexter.” Goose sarcastically responded to his twin brother.

“South sounds good to me, so long as we eat. I’m hankering for some squid, what about you guys?” I said.

“Um, hello?” Amelia questioned.

“Ok, look. You’re just going to have to assume that I am including you as the only female of the group, Amelia. I’m not trying to say that you are all guys...it’s just a slang term for the six of y’all.” I responded with sensarity.

“Well can you maybe come up with something that would be less offensive?”

I sighed, my stomach rumbling with hunger. “How about it ‘team’?”

“Team still sounds a little masculine but I’ll allow it.”

I rolled my eyes and grinned. “Alright, ‘team’. Ya ready to hunt some squid?!”

All six of my pilot fish cried out in agreement. I flicked my caudal fin once again and we sped off into the wild blue yonder.

I hope you all enjoyed the first part. Many more to come. 

Wolf

• Like 5