• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

15 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

Hey Rax!! Isn't the book super ridiculous?? Lol! The other ones are just the same. I don't like all the possible adulterer type stuff that goes on, though. For reasons... But yeah, I've listened to the first 3 books on Audible. When you get a chance to see the movie, I think you'll enjoy it. It 100% is exactly what you would want in a giant shark movie minus tons of gore. I could of done with more gore. Week 3 went like week 2...not much done challenge wise because I was still working OT in the mornings instead of training. That makes it 2+ weeks since I've swam. BOO! 

On another note, I love using the concept 2 row machine at the gym. I'm going to focus on rowing the next challenge as well as still swimming 1-2x a week. 

On another nother note-I'm almost done with Drawing of the Three. Trippppppppy book! And I have The Waste Lands coming up next :). I can't stop saying "honky mufah" lol. The way the narrator says it cracks me up! But, I'm really enjoying the books. I had a question for you. I noticed that the Wind Through the Keyhole is listed as book 4.5; I'm guessing that's something I need to read after Wizard and Glass, right? It's narrated by King himself.

Definitely going to watch the movie as soon as it comes out for home rental :D

Ooooh rowing!!! I love the erg.  I miss it, I used to do it all the time but dance takes up most of my time now so gym time is pretty strictly just lifting now for me.  I'm excited to see what you get up to next challenge now!

Sooooo Wind Through the Keyhole is complicated. King wrote it years after he finished the entire series as a kind of... if you miss DT and want some new content I wrote this and it's cool way.  Even though it takes place between books 4 and 5 it's written from the perspective of all the books and it has some, I wouldn't call them spoilers, but some plot points that you're really not going to understand if you haven't read at least through Wolves of the Calla.  I read it after Wizard and Glass and I was kind of confused at points, and in retrospect while reading Wolves of the Calla realized what was going on in Wind Through the Keyhole, and I think it kind of semi made me realize stuff I wasn't supposed to realize earlier than intended in Wolves? I can't say for sure.  It's definitely a great story but it has pretty much nothing to do with the 7 book arc, so I'd just save it for the end if I were you.  Also - if you can, read it don't audio book it.  I am really incredibly tolerant of bad narrators, like people say they hated a narrator and I sometimes actually liked them, and even when they're obviously bad I'm kinda like meh it's OK.  But King should never NEVER EVER narrate an audio book. It's so bad. So sosososososososooso bad. It was so distracting I couldn't listen for more than  few minutes at a time.  Just...don't put yourself through that if you can avoid it. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Salinger said:

Thanks for dropping by, missed your updates. Thinking of you and massive sharks :D xx

Aww, thank you, Sal! Thank you for you thoughts and love. 

Related image

The description caption for this pic, "Daredevil Divers teasing great white"....

Image result for ryan reynolds but why gif

19 hours ago, Raxie said:

Definitely going to watch the movie as soon as it comes out for home rental :D

Ooooh rowing!!! I love the erg.  I miss it, I used to do it all the time but dance takes up most of my time now so gym time is pretty strictly just lifting now for me.  I'm excited to see what you get up to next challenge now!

I have an 8-week beginner program I want to try and I think it'll be fun! I expect to lose a little bit of weight, but I'm really hoping for it to be BF so I can keep my current weight of 190# :)

Image result for erg rower funny

I thought about that as the title to my next challenge.

19 hours ago, Raxie said:

Sooooo Wind Through the Keyhole is complicated. King wrote it years after he finished the entire series as a kind of... if you miss DT and want some new content I wrote this and it's cool way.  Even though it takes place between books 4 and 5 it's written from the perspective of all the books and it has some, I wouldn't call them spoilers, but some plot points that you're really not going to understand if you haven't read at least through Wolves of the Calla.  I read it after Wizard and Glass and I was kind of confused at points, and in retrospect while reading Wolves of the Calla realized what was going on in Wind Through the Keyhole, and I think it kind of semi made me realize stuff I wasn't supposed to realize earlier than intended in Wolves? I can't say for sure.  It's definitely a great story but it has pretty much nothing to do with the 7 book arc, so I'd just save it for the end if I were you.  Also - if you can, read it don't audio book it.  I am really incredibly tolerant of bad narrators, like people say they hated a narrator and I sometimes actually liked them, and even when they're obviously bad I'm kinda like meh it's OK.  But King should never NEVER EVER narrate an audio book. It's so bad. So sosososososososooso bad. It was so distracting I couldn't listen for more than  few minutes at a time.  Just...don't put yourself through that if you can avoid it. 

Hmmm, well I'm glad that I asked! I would of been kicking myself had I already got the audible book for WTtK. And when I do get to a point where I've finished the series, then I'll definitely read it and take your word for it that King is a terrible narrator, lol. Plus, I don't want to spoil anything or be confused. I was sad to see the narrator for the first 4 books, Frank Muller, changes once I get to Wolves of Calla. I'm hoping George Guidall is just as good. 

16 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

RL is a bastard. Always getting in the way of fun and games.

BTW most of my friends are extroverts who didn’t go away when I ignored them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True statement, Brother Sloth! It's ok though, that OT really helped with this recent paycheck, so, it wasn't all bad :). Lol, you wouldn't get rid of me that easy, you sexy introvert, you! I hope next time we have some more time to hang and maybe grab a beer.

16 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

This thread reminded me of this zen pencils piece on Stephen King.

https://zenpencils.com/comic/king/

This is my first time seeing this and I enjoyed it! "Life isn't a support-system for art. It's the other way around." I dig that. Thank you for sharing, Echo!

16 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Hehehe, this made me laugh. :D 

Good! I love making my friends laugh :D #moregore

Image result for more gore t shirt

Happy Friday Everyone! With the last 2 weeks of the challenge falling to crap...ugh. This is exactly what happened last challenge too. Boo. I need to change that because I don't like this inconsistency... I don't like it one bit. For the next challenge, I still want to swim at least 1x a week, more than likely making that one day part of my active recovery and then lots and lots of rowing on the Erg for my actual fitness side of it. I'll continue my GtG on pull-ups because they are awesome and will probably include push-ups in there for a GtG swanky superset ;)

I have 2 1/2 hours left of Drawing of the Three and then I'm gonna jump into Book 3, The Waste Lands. I was going to listen to Prisoner of Azkaban but I'm too deep into the Dark Tower series right now to derail this wild ride. 

I've also joined a discord community for Anthem. I joined at the beginning of August and have been pretty active there, making friends and talking about this amazing game that comes out in February. Yes, it's like 5 months away, but I can't help it. I'm so stoked about it.

I've decided when this comes out, I'll be doing an interactive story/PvP/PvE like I did for my Division challenge a couple years ago instead of doing another Division themed one when the 2nd one comes out next March. There hasn't been a game since Watchdogs 2 that has had me this hyped and obsessed and I have some really cool and fun ideas on how I want the challenge to play out. There's still a ways away before this happens, but be on the lookout for that. I'll have sign-ups for anyone who is interested later on down the road :D.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day and upcoming weekend! I'm so excited football is back!!

Image result for shark football

Wolf

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

I was sad to see the narrator for the first 4 books, Frank Muller, changes once I get to Wolves of Calla. I'm hoping George Guidall is just as good. 

George Guidall is VERY good but takes some getting used to after Frank Muller. Once you get to the last book you'll be fine with it, and honestly I think the last segment of the main plotline read by George Guidall is one of the most powerful things I've ever heard outloud, he just kills it.  Both me and Mr. Raxie shed a tear (not having to do with anything in the plot just the power of what is being said and it's delivery.  Ugh so good).

The story behind the switch is actually pretty sad, he got in a motorcycle accident that he never really recovered from.  King has a little segment after it at the end of one of the books (I think either at the end of Wizard and Glass or Wolves of the Calla) about it and he actually had a portion of the proceeds of his audiobooks go towards his recovery and some sort of foundation as well.  King really is a great guy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

I need to change that because I don't like this inconsistency... I don't like it one bit.

There's gotta be something you can tweak for better results. :D

I finally got a new PC so I could play Neverwinter online if I wanted to but I just flashbacks to all the grinding for my rogue and that I still can't see the cool things and now I'm in a situation where I need to play something but I need to find a game that doesn't break the bank (and the bank is dead, so free to play). So I'm excited for you. :D 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 2:28 PM, Raxie said:

George Guidall is VERY good but takes some getting used to after Frank Muller. Once you get to the last book you'll be fine with it, and honestly I think the last segment of the main plotline read by George Guidall is one of the most powerful things I've ever heard outloud, he just kills it.  Both me and Mr. Raxie shed a tear (not having to do with anything in the plot just the power of what is being said and it's delivery.  Ugh so good).

The story behind the switch is actually pretty sad, he got in a motorcycle accident that he never really recovered from.  King has a little segment after it at the end of one of the books (I think either at the end of Wizard and Glass or Wolves of the Calla) about it and he actually had a portion of the proceeds of his audiobooks go towards his recovery and some sort of foundation as well.  King really is a great guy.

Wow! That's really sad because Muller is such a special talent when it comes to being a narrator. What a bummer. I'm glad King did something for him with the proceeds. That really does show the kind of respect he has for the guy bringing his characters to life, ya know? I am still looking forward to Guidall, especially with how powerful you said the last segment is when it's read by him. If it can bring a tear (or two) then it's definitely gotta be worth a listen!

On 9/7/2018 at 2:38 PM, Echoceanic said:

There's gotta be something you can tweak for better results. :D

I'm hoping that sleeping more will help, haha. I've been inconsistent with earlier bed times and staying up WAY to late for a 4am wakeup call. I need more then 5 hours if I'm gonna be suitable for the next work day lol.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:38 PM, Echoceanic said:

I finally got a new PC so I could play Neverwinter online if I wanted to but I just flashbacks to all the grinding for my rogue and that I still can't see the cool things and now I'm in a situation where I need to play something but I need to find a game that doesn't break the bank (and the bank is dead, so free to play). So I'm excited for you. :D 

I never played Neverwinter online but I heard it was fun! I also enjoy a good rogue character ;). If not for my game pass on the XBox, I wouldn't have much to play as far as games go because I'm in the same boat as you- the dead bank boat, lol. Free to Play for me too. Have you looked into Warframe? You might like that game and it's free :D.

I need to grade my sub-par challenge and move onto the next one, so here's the quick and dirty version.

Goal 1: How Fast is a Great White

The goal was to swim 2-3x a week. Also, test my max breath holding time and then attempt to beat it. For the first 2 weeks, I was doing awesome. And then, OT was available at work and I basically didn't go to the gym for the next 2 weeks. It is what it is, bur RL hit in a big way.

• Possible Points: +3 END, +1 DEX
  • Actual Points: +1.5 END, +.5 DEX

Goal 2: Eat like a Great White (or Megaladon)

The goal was simple. Stay above 185-187 and maintain that weight. Well, I've been consistently hitting 190-192 the last couple weeks, so, that accounts for a 3-7 pound weight gain since the begininng! Granted, I've sacrificed some BF% to get those pounds, I'll take it. Next challenge will focus on losing BF while maintaining current weight.

• Possible Points: +2 CON, +2 WIS
  • Actual Points: +2 CON, +2 WIS

Goal 3: What Waits in the Shallows?

I was well on my way to writing a fun short story and got sidetracked with OT. I could have written some at home when I was off work, but I got lazy. I never found my writing groove this challenge but will carry that over to the next challenge and finish my short story. 

• Possible Points: +3 CHA
  • Actual Points: +1.5 CHA

Goal 4: Swimming is All About Pulling

The goal was maintain a GtG approach to pull-ups and compete in the Pull-Up PvP. I finished in 4th place with a total of 1325 points. Not too shabby but WEAK in comparison to @Elastigirl and @Legionary who both had over 3k points! WHOA! Talk about a battle! I will also be continuing this goal next challenge as well.

• Possible Points: +3 STR, +1 DEX
  • Actual Points: +3 STR, +1 DEX

So, maybe it wasn't my worst challenge, but another one in a row where the last weeks just fall to the gutter. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, though. Just rinse my hands and move onto the next challenge knowing there's always room for improvement. I'll post an updated "after"pic to go with my before ones I took when this challenge started. I'll post them either here or my new challenge. Just for you, @Sloth the Enduring ;) 

Wolf

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

I never played Neverwinter online but I heard it was fun! I also enjoy a good rogue character ;).

It is fun and the rogue class has some cool moves. Mine 's a tiefling. The game is fine if you have people to play with, if you level up a character on your own you're stuck as a tiny fly in an area where level 70s are grinding and rushing through without even stopping to smell the roses. The story can be redundant but some of the campaigns are cool. SOme are boring with the dailies. 

3 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Have you looked into Warframe? You might like that game and it's free :D

Nope, but I am going to now.

• Like 1