• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grymm

The Return of the Grymm

36 minutes ago, Grymm said:

Reference:

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a49067/chicken-noodle-soup-casserole-recipe/

I modified/clarified it a little:

1.  I made a double batch to double all ingredients.

2.  I pressure cooked 2.5# of chicken breast cut into chunks (cross grain) in a can of chicken broth and some salt for 15min on high.  I then shredded it with a fork and discarded the broth.  2c of chicken is just not enough protein.  Were I to make it again, I might up the chicken a bit.

3.  I replaced the diced vegetables with (2) 12oz packages of frozen mirepoix (same vegetables already diced) and added 8oz of chopped broccoli because I had that left over.  Also, I tend to put broccoli in everything.

4.  Disregard the parsley.  I don't garnish.

This fills a large aluminum roasting pan to the top.  Baked it on convection for 20min.  If broken into 6 servings (if you eat like I do): 790c, 102carb, 18f, 54prot.  I needed a higher carb dinner as I continually underrun my carb macros by a lot.  My meals tend to be split something like breakfast 400/lunch 800/dinner 800 so this works out well.  Again, next run I might try to get the protein up around 70-75g per serving.

brilliant! thank you! i took out chicken breasts this morning to defrost for tomorrow nights dinner and will make a variation of this. i don't have noodles on hand but i do have brown rice. maybe i'll do 3# chicken and 12oz dry rice.

Another day, another step on journey to Swolhalla.  

S: 5x45, 95, 135, 3x185, 225, 3x5x250

P: 5x45, 75, 95, 115, 3x5x125

D: 5x185, 225, 275

The end of my 2016 SL progression was s250, p115, d305 when I got off track so I'm in that neighborhood again.  Not doing 5 sets is a lot less grueling.  Took some measurements today, and in the last 4 weeks I'm down something like 8lbs and 2" on the gut.  That's pretty good.  Just need to do that like 5 more times.  All in all, I feel pretty good.

Also, lately, I've only really been sleeping like 6:30hrs a night despite ample time devoted to sleep.  I figured some of that was due to waking up when the sun comes up for a bit so I slept with a winter hat pulled down over my eyes.  I was out solid until my alarm went off.  In fact, it was a little disorienting.  I'm going to stick to it for a bit and see if I can get a little more sleep gainz.

Food tracking has been solid (I'm eating the same thing every day), and I'm still updating the challenge thread.  Also, the decent into the poor house seems to have been arrested for the time being.  Heck yeah!

ABERI1K.gif

• Like 4

Argh!  Cafeteria at work is occupied by some company wide meeting that I'm stealthily skipping.  No breakfast for me.  I'm going to be real hangry by lunch. 

On the bright side, lunch just gained 400 calories.  Probably going to get something I can split between noon and ~4pm.  May haps a burrito.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grymm said:

Argh!  Cafeteria at work is occupied by some company wide meeting that I'm stealthily skipping.  No breakfast for me.  I'm going to be real hangry by lunch. 

Now. be a good company gremlin and go to the meeting so you can get breakfast.

2 hours ago, Grymm said:

On the bright side, lunch just gained 400 calories.  Probably going to get something I can split between noon and ~4pm.  May haps a burrito.

Adding 400 calories to a burrito makes it a big damn burrito. 

• Haha 1

I opted for a Caesar chicken wrap from the cafeteria and a cup of tomato bisque soup so I could eat at my desk.  A burrito would have required actually taking a lunch break to go get it.  I'm having regrets.  The Caesar wrap was ~75% salad.  The burrito concept may return for dinner.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grymm said:

I opted for a Caesar chicken wrap from the cafeteria and a cup of tomato bisque soup so I could eat at my desk.  A burrito would have required actually taking a lunch break to go get it.  I'm having regrets.  The Caesar wrap was ~75% salad.  The burrito concept may return for dinner.

That makes me sad. Especially since my day started with ribs.

Just now, Grumble said:

That makes me sad. Especially since my day started with ribs.

2ae8a9ed871e935e8de21f2296ae38d4.jpg

The good news is I have 1500 calories to work with for the rest of the day.  The bad news is I'm working until 5pm and lifting at 7pm.  I can't really eat much in that window as I prefer to lift without a full stomach.  I think the plan is to grab a burrito on the way home and just have a protein bar and a shake after work.  Then demolish that burrito at 9.  That's my wild Friday night - 9pm burrito feeding frenzy.

• Like 4

Workout:

S: 5x45, 95, 135, 3x185, 235, 3x5x255

B: 5x45, 95, 135, 165, 3x5x185

R: 3x5x185

RDL: 3x5x185 w/ 15 second hold

Good workout, improved numbers, but the star of the evening was the burrito.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Needs banana for scale.

Regrettably, no banana for scale.  Bananas can be a little unreliable anyway.

579.jpg

As for week 1, it went pretty well.  Diet was solid 6 out of 7 days.  Saturday was a marathon DnD session which has, in the past, been an awful day.  3826 calories counting booze and eating dinner at TGI Fridays.  I actually think compared to prior DnD Saturdays, this was pretty well behaved.  It helps to have at least a semblance of a plan.  Sunday, back on plan.  Made a massive shepherd's pie which has pretty solid macros (576 cal, 56prot, 53carb, 15fat).  That'll be dinner for a while. 

My Wednesday softball game seems to have disappeared from the schedule.  Lifting shall be unperturbed.  I'm thinking I need to establish some room in the basement for the rower and get some decent cardio going.  That'll be the bonus goal for this week. 

My next hurdle is what am I going to eat at my fantasy football draft Friday night which is held at a literal pizzeria.  I haven't had pizza in months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grymm said:

Regrettably, no banana for scale.  Bananas can be a little unreliable anyway.

579.jpg

Find, needs 5lb plate for scale

7 hours ago, Grymm said:

My next hurdle is what am I going to eat at my fantasy football draft Friday night which is held at a literal pizzeria.  I haven't had pizza in months.

You should come play in our Nerd Fantasy Football league. :) 

Just now, scalyfreak said:

You should come play in our Nerd Fantasy Football league. :) 

I saw that, but I'm already in (3) leagues each of which I've been in for 4+ years.  To be honest, I'm not really that into it anymore.  At least I'm fairly good at it and tend to come out ahead money-wise.  It's kind of a catch 22.  I don't want to spend any more time on it, but at the same time I'm too competitive to put less time into it.

Workout done:

S: 5x45, 95, 135, 3x185, 235, 3x5x260

P: 5x45, 95, 115, 3x5x130

D: 5x225, 255, 285

I've developed a little bit of tendinitis/inflammation in my shoulders - feels like rotator cuff.  It's from low bar squatting.  For the most part, it hasn't bothered me (I've felt it for a couple months), but that first set of squats with just the bar was pretty uncomfortable and again unracking press at 95.  Other than that, once I'm warmed up, it's fine.  I'm going to mull it over the next week and see if I want to do anything about it.  Compared to the tendinitis I got from volleyball from the acromion vs. the long head of the bicep or the prior labrum tear, this is nothing.

Squats keep going up, so that's good.  They feel difficult but in hindsight are probably RPE8.  I'm just not used to having to work hard.  I dive bombed rep 2 of the first set (rep 1 went super fast and I'm not sure why I abandoned form) and basically bottomed out the squat without any maintained tension.  Then I just had to squat it like a paused squat as I came to a complete stop like 2" above bottom off the bounce (bounce from the limit of how far my hips and knees can bend rather than any hamstring tension).  So I can pause squat 260 once.  Press is work, but 135 should be fine.  Deadlift has room to go up for a while.

So we've had a heck of a time getting our Tuesday softball games in.  We played week 1.  Week 2 was a bye.  Week 3 was rained out.  Week 4 I missed for vacation.  Week 5 and 6 rained out.  So last night, week 7, we're playing our 3rd game, and I haven't played in 6 weeks.  We're pretty awful, but are approaching competent.  It's a work in progress.  First at bat, I pop out.  Second at bat, I line one at the 3rd baseman who knocks it down and throws me out, 0 for 2.  Third at bat was a solid line drive hit.  So we get to the bottom of the 6th tied 12-12, two out, runners at first and second, and I'm up.  We're timed out, so this is the last inning.  No pressure.  On the second or third pitch, I crush a line drive to left.  Sweet spot of the bat, 8-10 degree launch angle.  The outfielders are fairly deep (we don't play with a fence) and this ball is going over the left fielder's head as he's running dead straight away.  And then the guy catches it, just blind overhead stab at a dead run away.  Turned my walk off game winner into a tie-saving miracle catch.  During the post game hi-fives, he said it was just the luck of the Irish.  Anyway, even a tie for us is a vast improvement.  In other news, my defense at first was pretty solid and a couple nice plays.  I'll take it even if 1-4 is a poor hitting outing for me.  Call it rust.

Went to the bar, had a couple Guinness.  I had brought food with me which I ate in the truck, so diet was fine.  I added some more protein before I went to bed because I was feeling a little beat up.  Wound up over on the day, but by a planned, acceptable amount.  Lifting partner may be out tonight with some kind of leg nerve pain.  I'm actually kind of looking forward to lifting in silence.  It's kind of meditative.  Also, I can use a higher rack position on squats and don't have to change weights between sets.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sounds like a fun game! also nice job bringing food - did you have to keep it in a cooler in the car or was it something that didn't have to stay cool?

It was shepherd's pie.  I heated it up after work in the office microwave and had it packaged up in the truck.  Our game was at 5:45.  It was still warm at 7.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grymm said:

I'm actually kind of looking forward to lifting in silence.  It's kind of meditative.

Yes, it is. It's one of the best parts of lifting, I think.

• Like 2

Solo workout went pretty well.

S: 5x45, 95, 135, 3x185, 235, 3x5x265

B: 5x45, 95, 135, 175, 3x5x190

R: 3x5x190

Skipped the RLDs as I really only added them to help my lifting partner with his grip.

• Like 2