• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble find refuge in his Eleventh Hour

Hey, it's Grumble. Your weight loss winner, your HIIT lifter, and your... makeup artist?

Much like the Magnus, Taako, and Merle, I am going to be reliving past problems in an attempt to improve them. So I am pulling from the past 5 challenges of my failed events and ones that I just ended up kinda ignoring or forgetting about. I did these challenges for a reason, I am not good at performing or at the very least not performing them consistently. Here goes. I will be adding one new challenge to this one as well.

CONTROLLING ROSWELL

Roswell is a big, beefy, tough Clay Golem who is hard to stop unless you know the magic words. And do you know how you learn magic words? By studying them. Something I absolutely failed at getting ready for my CYSA+ exam later this year. For the time being until work gives me more money for classes, I will be using the Army skillport to complete the online training modules. I will aim to complete one to two modules a week and post the results. Anything more than that will be considered a bonus.

Image result for taz eleventh hour roswell

If you saw that you'd want to manage him too.

Escape the Purple Worm

We're back to running again. Again, one run a week right now is mandatory. Again, it will be 5 miles or more. Again I will post results. I have to do this. 

Image result for taz eleventh hour

Get rid of the Temporal Chalice

The Year of Clean is making it's triumphant return! I have already started back up. Sold all my psp stuff and a anotehr set of MtG. My goal this challenge will be to clear out two whole rows of Magic cards and get them sold to resellers. I have no time or interest in ebaying singles to get more money. Unless they're worth a stupid amount of said money.

Image result for taz eleventh hour temporal chalice

Stop Isaak from ruining everything

When I was in Korea, I had a full on panic attack at a massive mall. Fortunately I had people with me who understood what was happening and were able to help stop it from becoming  the end of my day. So with that said. I am, FINALLY, going to be contacting a therapist. 

My only new goal for this challenge will be to schedule an appointment. I've known this was going to be something I did this time around, but damn if it wasn't hard to put to paper.

Image result for the eleventh hour taz isaac

CYSA+ Modules

RUNS

Sell Magic Cards

Schedule therapy appt

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, raptron said:

LOVE EM.

Except the running one, but you did this to yourself.

I have no excuses. And as I've said, I will never run that far. Ever Again. It's definitely a bucket list item though.

I'm fairly certain that escaping the purple worm is a euphemism for something, I'm just not entirely sure I want to find out for what. Although I'm fairly certain it's probably better than actual running. Nevertheless, and the point I came here to make... Good luck.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GodzillaKong said:

I'm fairly certain that escaping the purple worm is a euphemism for something, I'm just not entirely sure I want to find out for what. Although I'm fairly certain it's probably better than actual running. Nevertheless, and the point I came here to make... Good luck.

In the reference case it's escaping an ACTUAL Purple Worm. Also, if you are unfamiliar with The Adventure Zone, I highly recommend you remedy that. Assuming you like D&D and funny stuff.

Got my old PSP stuff shipped plus my first batch of Magic cards. Neither of those count towards this challenges goal, but since it's zero week I'll call it a warmup.

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

In the reference case it's escaping an ACTUAL Purple Worm. Also, if you are unfamiliar with The Adventure Zone, I highly recommend you remedy that. Assuming you like D&D and funny stuff.

An actual purple worm is only mildly less horrifying.

I've never played D&D. Just never had the chance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Bravo on the therapist part of your challenge. Good luck in finding one, and I hope you find a good one that fits you well on your first try.

Following, so I can make fun of you for the running. :P 

I'm usually not so much for the gifs and pictures but you connected your goals/content so nicely with characters and a story and adding pictures, it's great, love it! Best of luck to you! May I ask how the panik attack looked? I think if I saw someone having one I might not recognize it and not know what to do. But I guess it's individual? 

On 8/9/2018 at 10:36 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

Still getting caught up with everybody, but, hi and stuff :P

Hello Hi GIF - Hello Hi Hey GIFs

On 8/9/2018 at 7:32 PM, scalyfreak said:

Bravo on the therapist part of your challenge. Good luck in finding one, and I hope you find a good one that fits you well on your first try.

Oh shit, i didn't even think about fit. Balls.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:32 PM, scalyfreak said:

Following, so I can make fun of you for the running. :P 

Well, if you're following, you should probably run faster.
Batman And Robin GIF - Batman Robin Running GIFs

On 8/10/2018 at 7:59 AM, Pyralis said:

I'm usually not so much for the gifs and pictures but you connected your goals/content so nicely with characters and a story and adding pictures, it's great, love it!

I'd be a writer if I was less lazy.

Pusheen Lazy GIF - Pusheen Lazy Cant GIFs

On 8/10/2018 at 7:59 AM, Pyralis said:

Best of luck to you! May I ask how the panik attack looked? I think if I saw someone having one I might not recognize it and not know what to do. But I guess it's individual? 

It's totally individual, but for me... Hmm. I guess it's one of those things you don't think about until afterwards. Anywho, it was mostly in my head, but the visual cues were shallow breathing, head in hands, closed eyes, and moving to an isolated area.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Oh shit, i didn't even think about fit. Balls.

Um... sorry?

I didn't either until the one I started seeing a few weeks ago mentioned it during the "here's what you can expect" intro to our first session. She said she wanted me to be comfortable speaking up if I felt like we were a poor fit in any way, and said if that happened, she would help me find someone else to talk to. (Nope. I like this one.)

39 minutes ago, Grumble said:
Well, if you're following, you should probably run faster.
Batman And Robin GIF - Batman Robin Running GIFs

Nonsense. I'm just going to stroll calmly behind as you run off...

image.thumb.png.dff5f51a7edf7413b004d7a6c7c801f4.png

• Like 1

Zero week has come and gone and I went and got funky in Vegas. Defcon was fun. But now its time to get serious.Image result for eleventh hour taz purple  worm

(Actual photo of me at the buffet)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I ran, but not for the distance required. It was only a mile, but I did a 1k row right after, so that counts. I think. Run time sucked too. I'm trying to get my run to 7 min flat, so I've got at least 52 seconds I need to cut off, but I really need to cut more off since I want to get my 2 mile run to 14 minutes or better by October's PT test. That means I probably need to add intervals to my long runs too. Damnit.

I have a consult call scheduled for later this week. Thanks to @scalyfreak I opted for the over the phone consult first to help get a feel for what I am looking for in a therapist instead of jumping right in. It's totally normal to be nervous, right?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Grumble said:

It's totally normal to be nervous, right?

The post office makes me nervous so I hope it's reasonable to be nervous for just about anything.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grymm said:

The post office makes me nervous so I hope it's reasonable to be nervous for just about anything.

Just now, raptron said:

Ten thousand percent normal.

Oh good, I'm not crazy.

Just now, raptron said:

GL with your speed work.

I feel that luck will definitely play into it.

17 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I have a consult call scheduled for later this week. Thanks to @scalyfreak I opted for the over the phone consult first to help get a feel for what I am looking for in a therapist instead of jumping right in. It's totally normal to be nervous, right?

I think it would be weird not to be nervous about seeing a therapist. Most of us do it for a reason that unsettles us to begin with, and the idea of sharing that unsettling thing with a stranger probably isn't comforting.

I would suggest going with gut feelings and paying attention to first impressions. What feels comfortable early on is very likely to remain comfortable through several sessions.

• Like 2

K8rly0-6SMdhAaR2eMEsXFO5iHXoAfHb9P-MKFns

Blue is the cards already gone through, they are considered done. The two rows in red are what I am working on this challenge. I think I'm ahead of schedule.

The middle mostly empty row was completely full this morning.