Jump to content

Grumble find refuge in his Eleventh Hour


Grumble

Recommended Posts

no :( :( :( 

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Link to comment

I swear the forums get so nitpicky with photos. Ugh. I'll update when I get home from work.

 

Other update frustrations. My Network provider search gave me a reference I like that was really close to my house, and it turned out the address was wrong and she was two hours away. Fortunately, I was given a referral for someone else close by and am currently waiting for that call back.

 

Now I get to work up my nerves all over again. Great.

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Grumble said:

I swear the forums get so nitpicky with photos. Ugh. I'll update when I get home from work.

 

Other update frustrations. My Network provider search gave me a reference I like that was really close to my house, and it turned out the address was wrong and she was two hours away. Fortunately, I was given a referral for someone else close by and am currently waiting for that call back.

 

Now I get to work up my nerves all over again. Great.

better now than later! sending you positive vibes~

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Link to comment

GOOD VIBESZ. It's def a process to find a person and not even just the personality match thing! 

  • Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to comment
On 8/16/2018 at 9:19 AM, raptron said:

GOOD VIBESZ. It's def a process to find a person and not even just the personality match thing! 

Unquestionably. I'm more becoming concerned I'm going to fail the challenge than I am about actually talking to a therapist. I guess I'm heading in the right direction?

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment

First time in a Grumble thread, I think, and I like what I see! 

 

On the Therapist note it is never easy to pull back the veil to someone that you barely know.  I have done it only once and it was a nerve racking experience at the start, but by the end it was well worth it.  

 

Keep up the good work Grumble! 

  • Like 1

Hitting the reset button! Let's GO!

 

Previous Challenges: 1 2

Link to comment

Week 2 lets do it again. Would you like some pie while you wait?

Image result for taz eleventh hour

 

Got my run in on friday! Didn't make 5 miles, but I'll take 100 degrees and a side helping of extra humidity (not something we do well with in Los Angeles) as excuse for my failing. 

No automatic alt text available.

 

 

I've sent in my first big batch of magic cards and am currently awaiting results. If they do no screw me over I will send in my next batch. I don't want to get overeager and lose out entirely. Also, need this money to pay for my tattoo session coming up in a month. Yay!

(If I get a piece of art based on The Adventure Zone, does that make it a taztoo?)

Image result for taz eleventh hour

 

Still haven't found a therapist, and I realized this may not be a single week thing (dat instant gratification life, yo) so I am reining in my impatience and will continue the search.Image result for taz eleventh hour

(How I imagine my therapy sessions will go)

 

Finally, Almost done with my CYSA+ module. A lot of refresher stuff for me, but that's no reason not to pay attention and get it done.

 

Image result for taz eleventh hour book

 

The forums are being dumb, as usual, and not letting me upload a 5kb image. Seriously?

  • Like 3

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Baxtan said:

First time in a Grumble thread, I think, and I like what I see! 

Welcome the the Grumble threads, and thank ya kindly!

25 minutes ago, Baxtan said:

On the Therapist note it is never easy to pull back the veil to someone that you barely know.  I have done it only once and it was a nerve racking experience at the start, but by the end it was well worth it.  

I had a very similar conversation with a good friend over dinner last night. It's definitely got me feeling more positive over this whole thing.

25 minutes ago, Baxtan said:

Keep up the good work Grumble! 

 

I'm pleased to aim.... er, aim to please. >_>

  • Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment

I powered through the last 10 episodes or so of Balance last week while driving to/from Des Moines on business.  

 

It was an excellent ending to an excellent story.

 

Also made it through Commitment and am an episode in on Amnesty.  Still making up my mind as to whether I like the Apocalypse gameplay over 5e. 

  • Like 1
Spoiler

 

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

 

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Broba Fett said:

I powered through the last 10 episodes or so of Balance last week while driving to/from Des Moines on business.  

That's a nice long drive to burn through a good podcast.

 

1 minute ago, Broba Fett said:

It was an excellent ending to an excellent story.

There's a reason I have the quote I do on my sig block now.

 

1 minute ago, Broba Fett said:

Also made it through Commitment and am an episode in on Amnesty.  Still making up my mind as to whether I like the Apocalypse gameplay over 5e. 

I was there too, but Griffin is quite the storyteller. They're only one MotW in on the next arc, but he's already making it bigger than (insert baddie here), rinse and repeat.

  • Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I was there too, but Griffin is quite the storyteller. They're only one MotW in on the next arc, but he's already making it bigger than (insert baddie here), rinse and repeat.

 

I thought he might.  He definitely has a knack for weaving fiction.  And Travis/Justin care so much about their characters. 

 

Even Clint really started taking it seriously after Crystal Kingdom.  Commitment was a fun little one-off and you could tell he got real serious about planning it. 

 

I'm real excited to see how Amnesty goes.  Also excited to listen to the trial session of Dust.  I assume that's the cowboy game Travis has referenced a few times in various The The Adventure Zone Zones?

 

Biggest problem I forsee is that I'll be totally caught up within a couple weeks and I'll have to find another show to binge between new episodes of TAZ and Drunks & Dragons. 

  • Like 1
Spoiler

 

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

 

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

I'm real excited to see how Amnesty goes.  Also excited to listen to the trial session of Dust.  I assume that's the cowboy game Travis has referenced a few times in various The The Adventure Zone Zones?

It is. And it's very different. Like, very.

 

9 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

Drunks & Dragons

BRB, gotta new podcast to listen to.

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Grumble said:

BRB, gotta new podcast to listen to.

 

I'll be honest and suggest you just listen to the first two arcs.  The most recent one has been lackluster at best.  It feels like the group had a lot more fun at the beginning and now they're just kind of keeping the patreon money flowing.  I am really only listening now because i'm so invested in the world and want to hear how everything plays out. 

 

They really hit their stride 20-30 episodes in and it stays pretty compelling until the end of the second arc, which was just a few months ago. 

 

In fact, I think they had an abridged version going for awhile.  Cuts out a lot of the boring f*ckery that comes along with 4e and gives you the best parts of the story.  Maybe check that out. 

 

Spoiler

 

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

 

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

 

I'll be honest and suggest you just listen to the first two arcs.  The most recent one has been lackluster at best.  It feels like the group had a lot more fun at the beginning and now they're just kind of keeping the patreon money flowing.  I am really only listening now because i'm so invested in the world and want to hear how everything plays out. 

 

They really hit their stride 20-30 episodes in and it stays pretty compelling until the end of the second arc, which was just a few months ago. 

 

In fact, I think they had an abridged version going for awhile.  Cuts out a lot of the boring f*ckery that comes along with 4e and gives you the best parts of the story.  Maybe check that out. 

 

 

I'll have to look for the abridged. I gave up on a Star Wars podcast for the same reason. Too much fuckery and filler episodes.

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

 

I thought he might.  He definitely has a knack for weaving fiction.  And Travis/Justin care so much about their characters. 

 

Even Clint really started taking it seriously after Crystal Kingdom.  Commitment was a fun little one-off and you could tell he got real serious about planning it. 

 

I'm real excited to see how Amnesty goes.  Also excited to listen to the trial session of Dust.  I assume that's the cowboy game Travis has referenced a few times in various The The Adventure Zone Zones?

 

Biggest problem I forsee is that I'll be totally caught up within a couple weeks and I'll have to find another show to binge between new episodes of TAZ and Drunks & Dragons. 

 

15 hours ago, Grumble said:

It is. And it's very different. Like, very.

 

BRB, gotta new podcast to listen to.

 

I think part of my struggle with the newer episodes of TAZ, specifically Amnesty is I got used to binge listening to TAZ. And now that I have to wait two weeks between episodes it's harder to capture my interest. I'm still listening to it and I understand it would be too hard to have one every week, but my poor overworked brain struggles with long term story recall, lol.

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Link to comment
On 8/21/2018 at 4:07 AM, Jord said:

 

 

I think part of my struggle with the newer episodes of TAZ, specifically Amnesty is I got used to binge listening to TAZ. And now that I have to wait two weeks between episodes it's harder to capture my interest. I'm still listening to it and I understand it would be too hard to have one every week, but my poor overworked brain struggles with long term story recall, lol.

 

That was definitely a struggle at first, but now I've discovered if I have a couple of podcasts and audio books to work through I can build up a 3-5 session backlog and chug through them, helps keep things in perspective.

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment
On 8/22/2018 at 10:18 AM, Grumble said:

 

That was definitely a struggle at first, but now I've discovered if I have a couple of podcasts and audio books to work through I can build up a 3-5 session backlog and chug through them, helps keep things in perspective.

 

I should do that more. I guess I'm afraid I'll forget everything, lol.

 

I've been listening to The Glass Cannon Podcast and then also the infinite MBMBaM episodes as my main gigs, and then some other smaller podcasts.

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Link to comment

Week two was a big fat bust.

 

Partially intentionally. Mostly not. 

 

CYSA had no additional trainings done. Short week, plus other shit to do, equals no work done. Doubling down this week.

Did not run, but got a good spin class in sat morning, so maybe that counts?

Finally got paid for my cards, so this was my one intentional hold up. Little bit less than initially quoted, but we always tend to overestimate what we think somethings worth.

Every therapist I called failed. Either I didn't get a good vibe on the initial phone call, or I just never got a call back.

 

Not a great week challenge-wise, but not the worst week I could have had. 

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Grumble said:

Every therapist I called failed. Either I didn't get a good vibe on the initial phone call, or I just never got a call back.

 

 

Good vibes are important. Don't give up!

  • Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38

Link to comment

hope this week is starting out better. spin class definitely counts! ouch.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Link to comment
On 9/5/2018 at 5:25 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

hope this week is starting out better. spin class definitely counts! ouch.

It started still on vacation, so there's that.

 

I did do this today, though.No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment

vacation! the pic doesn't show us what you bought, just what you spent. unless i should know what it is based on the format...

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines