[Sylvaa] I Do What I Want!

Sylvaa

36730121_2071980259693566_84409743629866

Too Much? Nah, Sylvaa is making a comeback (hopefully!). Strap in and let's do this!

But first: an introduction! Hello! I am Sylvaa - your bubbly, happy Adventurer's GL. I am a 30-something mother of 4 kids, two cats, one dog, and an unofficial extra child or two. I work as a consultant, so my schedule includes a ridiculous amount of travel (80%!). At my highest weight, I was about 250 lbs and have lost over 80 lbs over the course of my super long journey (I started on my journey about 12 years ago. I've had a lot of plateaus and speed bumps along the way, so I can definitely empathize with people who don't see progress every challenge). I like gifs, memes, exclamation points, research, and data.

I've recently been feeling kind of ... lost. It's been a culmination of a few things; being without a project, waiting to see what happens with some decisions I've made, dealing with my brother living with us, and having to see what happens with my husband's cholecystectomy. I also finished my MBA a few months ago, so my regimented schedule hasn't existed to the same extent that it had before. It's been super difficult for me to get back into the swing of things. I recently got back from a 10-day vacation, finally got the laundry caught up, and am ready to get back on the horse. I'm also going to be very introspective (as usual if I'm being honest) to get back into the swing of a pattern. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaAp_7hHbYZg-YjPZLWEx

Goal 1: Health & Fitness - I truly struggle with exercising regularly, even though I enjoy doing so. I like running and have had luck sticking to running plans. However, I'm not fast or good at distances (yet!), so it is frustrating. I also don't know that I want running to be my full focus as I like doing other things too. I also currently am without a gym membership. Truthfully, I do better at working out in the gym, but my schedule is such that it's not really worth the money to have one.  And I am really bad at working out at home because I don't have a dedicated workout area. 

I restarted the Nike + Run app. They have a Get More Fit Program where you can set the number of days. I set the program for 3 - 4 days, which usually gives me 3 run days and 1 cross training. My goal is to stay current with the weekly plan. 

Bonus points if I do any yoga. I have a ton of Yoga With Adriene e-mails sitting in my inbox that I need to do. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSab-0Vyfcvb3pzqoSxccI

Goal 2: Home - I have amazing news this challenge! My brother is finally moving out! He gets the keys to his new place tomorrow and will get the majority of his stuff in by this weekend at the latest! *Dances* What this means, is that I get my Den back. Also, it means that I'm getting an official office area! I've also been slacking on cleaning because he's been on nights for the majority of his time staying here (so I've not been cleaning while he's sleeping). I hate doing chores, so it's super easy for me to find excuses, but I hate having an unclean house more.

The main goal for this challenge is to get the Den renovated. This includes a deep cleaning (he's really messy) including the carpets, ordering and putting together new desks and chairs for the adults, mounting the tv, and potentially buying a new chair or two and lights. 

Once he isn't sleeping here anymore, we are going back to a Saturday morning cleaning schedule. We turn off the internet, make the kids turn in their electronics, and clean the house before everything gets turned back on. 

e8f0fc9e68d98f8fa04999f45a6d2fc6.jpg

Goal 3: Connect - My husband is having his gall bladder removed on Thursday. If everything goes well, this will be a quick and easy surgery. If not, he'll be out of commission for a lot longer. This means that I'll need to be sympathetic, take over more duties around the house, and find some ways to save money if he runs out of PTO. I'd like to take this challenge to connect with the people around me more. 

I have a number of cookie recipes in my e-mail inbox. Between cookies and yoga, I have close to 100 unread e-mails! So once a week, I'm going to make a batch of cookies. This will also keep the grocery bill down as the only sweets in the house going forward are going to be homemade.

I also need to finish getting my daughter's boyfriend registered for school. Yes, he's still living with us. No, he's probably not leaving until he graduates (CPS closed the case as he is safe and dad doesn't care). 

I've also got to read three books by the end of August to stay on track with my Goodreads goals. I'm currently working on two, so as long as I make a little time for myself each night, I should be good. 

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

First!!

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

I also need to finish getting my daughter's boyfriend registered for school. Yes, he's still living with us. No, he's probably not leaving until he graduates (CPS closed the case as he is safe and dad doesn't care)

Whoa....I'm so behind with what's going on with you! This sounds...interesting to say the least. 

I hope your hubby's surgery goes well! I know it can be stressful but you're a hard working, badass chick, and if you end up having to pick up the slack, you'll do it like a pro. 

Wolf

• Like 1

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Third place is just happy to be on the podium :) 

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Just now, Wolfpool said:

Whoa....I'm so behind with what's going on with you! This sounds...interesting to say the least. 

This has been going on since May, but I've just been fairly quiet about it recently. The TL/DR version is that he ended up at our house after getting locked out of his dad's house. We 100% haven't necessarily gotten the whole story, but we did call CPS (my MIL is a mandatory reporter), they came out and evaluated the situation and then we never heard anything else about it. The caseworker did let it slip that dad doesn't know where he is, but doesn't care. So yay. He's 17 and a fairly good kid - if a little addicted to video games. It's not the situation I want to be in, but it is what it is. 

6 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

I hope your hubby's surgery goes well! I know it can be stressful but you're a hard working, badass chick, and if you end up having to pick up the slack, you'll do it like a pro. 

Thanks! It's not a specifically bad surgery, but my husband has an existing scar on that side from an appendectomy. So chances of him needing the open approach are greater. I have a harder time dealing with not knowing for certain exactly what is happening. It's hard for me to plan for the unknown. 

• Like 4

First, second, third, fourth... all you people did was show up early.

Want to impress me? Be last. Be the person who posts something so inappropriate or awkward that no one can even look at this thread.

• Haha 6

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Can your husband do FMLA or short-term disability if the surgery becomes a bigger thing? Or is it too late/too close for that?

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

15 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

It's not the situation I want to be in, but it is what it is.

Yeah...well you have a big heart, Sylvaa. And that's never a bad thing. It sucks his dad doesn't give a crap, but being that you're the bigger person here, I would say it's probably the most commendable thing you'll do all year. And bf may not realize it yet, but he's super blessed and will appreciate your hospitality one day (if not already).

15 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

It's hard for me to plan for the unknown.

Heard that. And I understand the annoyance behind not being prepared for what's going to happen. Either or, you're quick on your feet and you'll adapt like a boss! 

Wolf

• Like 1

Spoiler

11 hours ago, fleaball said:

Can your husband do FMLA or short-term disability if the surgery becomes a bigger thing? Or is it too late/too close for that?

He's already done most of the FMLA paperwork just in case. (If anyone isn't up on the lingo, FMLA protects a person's job in the case of a medical leave. It doesn't do anything in regards to pay - that is what disability is for - but does mean that his company can't fire him for being off work for a medical issue). However he works for a small company that doesn't provide short term disability. Ironically, I'd been paying for it for him through MY job, but stopped this year (of course).

It is what it is. Luckily, the timing is as decent as it can be. I get a work bonus within the next month and I've been angling for a promotion which I should find out about around the same time. Plus, I can pick up some extra work through my BIL's company to supplement if we have an income change. Also (shout out to @Shello), we have gotten really decent at using YNAB, so technically we've already got our bill money budgeted for September. 

• Like 3
On 8/7/2018 at 2:51 PM, Sylvaa said:

I am a 30-something mother

Do not believe this. She is 28.

And I am really bad at working out at home because I don't have a dedicated workout area. 

As an owner/operator of an extensive home gym, I second this. This is a really tricky situation where will power almost never wins. A huge problem with my kettlebell students as well.

Saturday morning cleaning schedule. We turn off the internet, make the kids turn in their electronics, and clean the house before everything gets turned back on. 

Image result for gif brilliant

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 8/7/2018 at 1:51 PM, Sylvaa said:

36730121_2071980259693566_84409743629866

Too Much? Nah, Sylvaa is making a comeback (hopefully!). Strap in and let's do this!

Are you sure you didn't mean strap on?

On 8/7/2018 at 4:50 PM, Brogo said:

Want to impress me? Be last. Be the person who posts something so inappropriate or awkward that no one can even look at this thread.

is this even possible around here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

23 hours ago, Machete said:

Do not believe this. She is 28.

:D this is going to be awkward to explain when my son turns 18 in November! 

23 hours ago, Machete said:

As an owner/operator of an extensive home gym, I second this. This is a really tricky situation where will power almost never wins. A huge problem with my kettlebell students as well.

RIGHT!? I had my basement as an area for this, but the boyfriend is currently living there. HOWEVER, my brother has almost all of his stuff out of our Den, so there should be enough room to use that area. It's not perfect, because it'll be the computer area too, but at least the kids won't be spending time in there. 

Also, yes - the no internet thing has been the ONLY way to get the kids to actually complete their chores regularly. I think they tend to rush through them to get back to their game playing, but I don't think it really changes the outcomes of the cleaning. Like, they still wouldn't take any more time if we did it any other way. 

So my husband's surgery was yesterday. It went well, they were able to do it laparoscopic, and he got to come home afterwards. I took off yesterday to take care of him, which turned out to be a good thing because he definitely was struggling. We both also slept downstairs on couches last night - him so he was at a comfortable angle and me so that if he needed anything, I could help. I've definitely gotten my exercise helping him to move around though! This does mean that I am traveling next week, which sucks, but it will be nice to get into the swing of real work again.

I got a run and a workout in yesterday also. I actually tend to do better when I have more going on. I think it's because I actually make a schedule when I'm busy. I probably need to start incorporating this back into my days. Also, this weekend I am going to be doing a ton of batch cooking to put in the freezer so my family will be able to eat dinner while I am on the road. 

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

:D this is going to be awkward to explain when my son turns 18 in November! 

RIGHT!? I had my basement as an area for this, but the boyfriend is currently living there. HOWEVER, my brother has almost all of his stuff out of our Den, so there should be enough room to use that area. It's not perfect, because it'll be the computer area too, but at least the kids won't be spending time in there. 

Also, yes - the no internet thing has been the ONLY way to get the kids to actually complete their chores regularly. I think they tend to rush through them to get back to their game playing, but I don't think it really changes the outcomes of the cleaning. Like, they still wouldn't take any more time if we did it any other way. 

So my husband's surgery was yesterday. It went well, they were able to do it laparoscopic, and he got to come home afterwards. I took off yesterday to take care of him, which turned out to be a good thing because he definitely was struggling. We both also slept downstairs on couches last night - him so he was at a comfortable angle and me so that if he needed anything, I could help. I've definitely gotten my exercise helping him to move around though! This does mean that I am traveling next week, which sucks, but it will be nice to get into the swing of real work again.

I got a run and a workout in yesterday also. I actually tend to do better when I have more going on. I think it's because I actually make a schedule when I'm busy. I probably need to start incorporating this back into my days. Also, this weekend I am going to be doing a ton of batch cooking to put in the freezer so my family will be able to eat dinner while I am on the road. 

I tell people my stepson is actually mine. It makes people start counting and conclude that my wife is a predator. Haha

For someone not back-reading it seems like you live in a house with a husband and a boyfriend (whom you keep in the basement). Like a boss.

Image result for what are you going to do about it gif

That makes a ton of sense, actually. I remember being a full-time student and working in 3 different gyms, driving like 100 miles a day, usually in traffic, and for somehow I still found a way to train and attend certifications. Now I have one job, and I can't even find the time to read a damn book. Granted, I just started playing video games again. But if I actually schedule my video game time, I don't end up zoning-out and watching an entire day go by. How counter-intuitive.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Machete said:

Image result for what are you going to do about it gif

What in crap's sake is she holding?

@deftona I think we've found your new Doodlie-Queen scepter.

The internet has ruined me.

• Haha 9

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

20 minutes ago, Machete said:

For someone not back-reading it seems like you live in a house with a husband and a boyfriend (whom you keep in the basement). Like a boss.

For someone else not back-reading I hope this is true and I hope you will tell me your secret because I would be down for this. 

• Haha 4

The Sarcastic Computator

On 8/7/2018 at 5:50 PM, Brogo said:

First, second, third, fourth... all you people did was show up early.

Normally I'd accept that challenge, but I'm on my phone and for some reason I can't get gifs to work on this thing.

• Like 2

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

23 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

38911582_1961202007262963_83482727552374

38779920_1960202584029572_61616524031636

Item A: Not true, I just checked with a plumb line and mirror. My nipples are much farther apart. And based on what I've seen of amateur porn, I'm not the exception.

Item B: OMG so true!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

4 hours ago, Brogo said:

Item A: Not true, I just checked with a plumb line and mirror. My nipples are much farther apart. And based on what I've seen of amateur porn, I'm not the exception.

I thought it was funny, but now I'm going to have to try this..... More to follow.

I also prepped smoothie bags for the kids for breakfast today. It's a little over $1 a bag, so a fairly healthy, cheap breakfast choice for the kids. And it took me about 20 minutes! I think in the future, I'm going to try to get fresh fruits cheaper to get the cost down even more, although that will increase the time. 

I'm also prepping some twice baked potatoes to throw in the freezer. It's been a busy morning / afternoon and I am exhausted! My little brother is finally moving out, however he decided to come over at 3 am today to get this mattress and dresser. I have requested my key back no later than this evening, so that should solve the problem if he were to try again.

• Like 8
On 8/7/2018 at 4:45 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Third place is just happy to be on the podium

Heck, I'm just glad to be in the race. :D

Following, of course. Prayers for quick recovery for your husband and patience for your challenge!

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

HOW IS IT ALREADY WEDNESDAY?!

New project hype is real and I am super bogged down with work and getting things up and running, so this will be a quick check in.

Goal 1: Still on track, even though my Monday run got all stupid because I was indoors and the GPS didn't recognize the fact that I was running around in circles. :( I also decided to join the Y in Louisville. It's really nice, even though it only has a few lanes for the pool. Maybe I should challenge @Wolfpool to some sort of swimming pvp. Since it's easier for me to use the gym on the road, it makes more sense to have that be my home gym and I can use the one where I actually live occasionally.  20 seconds of courage is going to have me starting a lifting routine in two weeks (I'm in Charlotte next week).

Goal 2: My brother got like EVERYTHING out (yay)! So we are starting the cleaning routine this Saturday. I thought about starting it last week, but I have been so tired. Trying to deal with my husband and then traveling have me all messed up.

Goal 3: Pretty sure I finished at least one book recently. I'm going to end up finishing my current one on the plane ride home Thursday probably, so I'm still on track.

I've not been eating like I should be. I've been giving into candy and eating earlier than my window usually allows. I'm just kind of stressed at the moment and not dealing with it how I should. Also, I think I tend to self-sabotage myself when it comes to weight. Like, in my mind, how I look is skewed. I don't look any different now than I did 10 pounds ago. So why worry about those 10 pounds. But I KNOW I have to be at least a little different based on how clothes fit. But how clothes fit is not a good indicator for me because it doesn't make me feel any better. 

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Still on track, even though my Monday run got all stupid because I was indoors and the GPS didn't recognize the fact that I was running around in circles. :( I also decided to join the Y in Louisville. It's really nice, even though it only has a few lanes for the pool. Maybe I should challenge @Wolfpool to some sort of swimming pvp. Since it's easier for me to use the gym on the road, it makes more sense to have that be my home gym and I can use the one where I actually live occasionally.  20 seconds of courage is going to have me starting a lifting routine in two weeks (I'm in Charlotte next week).

You know I'm down! What did you have in mind? Total distant swam? Speed? I'm up for whatever :D 

Image result for swimming gif

Wolf

• Like 2

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

You know I'm down! What did you have in mind? Total distant swam? Speed? I'm up for whatever :D 

Oh the questions!

I'm not sure - actually, I'm not sure if I'm looking for a pvp or an accountability buddy. . . How many days are you getting to the pool? I'm pretty sure I should look at your challenge, but you can just tell me too. :D Maybe a mix where like, we do the same workouts over the course of a week and keep track of times?

• Like 1