• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Maigs

Maigs Rations Her Spoons

Recommended Posts

Friday

 

Eat like a reasonable human being

Ate my normal breakfast and the salad above for lunch. I think we had burritos for dinner. Maybe? I should probably get back into tracking my food *pulls out phone, inputs today's breakfast*

 

Run so you don't die in OCRs

No running. I forgot to pack gym stuff and Hubs beat me home so I had no motivation to leave again

 

Quit being over-caffeinated

Appropriate amounts of caffeine were consumed

 

Saturday

 

Eat like a reasonable human being

Ate my normal breakfast. Went into work for a few hours and ate some leftover salad from a meeting a couple days prior. Not nearly as good as my salad but it held me over. Oh, and a few mini peanut butter cups one of the higher ups keeps in her candy dish. Dinner was spaghetti. It's easy for me to eat a reasonable amount of this since after I grab my share Hubs mixes in ground beef. Pretty sure I'd call it a win for the day. Still didn't track though. B, would have been an A without the peanut butter cups

 

Run so you don't die in OCRs

No running. The plan was to run Sunday since I worked and then ran some errands Saturday

 

Quit being over-caffeinated

Appropriate amounts of caffeine were consumed

 

Sunday

 

Eat like a reasonable human being

Mostly well until the evening. I made pancakes for breakfast but only had two and didn't load them up with peanut butter and jelly like normal (I do not have a problem!). Hubs wanted chicken and noodles, a crockpot recipe that takes 8ish hours, so we basically skipped lunch and had an early dinner. I ate a "perfect bar" to hold me over. My dinner was a vegan frozen pizza and I ate the whole thing. No regrets but then I was munchie in the evening and ate an oatmeal cream pie and two big spoonfuls of peanut butter. Not great, not horrible. Solid C

 

Run so you don't die in OCRs

So...I had all intention of running. But as I was getting out the griddle to make pancakes I dropped the damn thing on my toes. And laid on the floor wimpering for a good 5 minutes. I don't think I did any real damage but they still hurt this morning. Seemed like a bad idea to try and run. So instead Hubs and I touched up paint in the house (this was the plan anyway) and binged watched way too much tv. I did at least get the house pretty clean

 

Quit being over-caffeinated

I only had two caffeines. A+

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

That picture didn't really do it justice. It was huge and full of quinoa, almonds, and avocado. It was quite filling. At one point in the afternoon I was craving something, but I think it was more from feelings than hunger since I was trying all afternoon to pin my boss down so I could give notice (never happened....). I threw myself into work and forgot about the craving so win there

 

I usually know the difference between actual hunger and 'feelings' hunger (I'm not suggesting for one second it makes one any more or less powerful). Boredom hungry is a bit more difficult to judge because I kind of think that I usually am a little bit hungry when I feel that way and it's the boredom that is making it feel 100 times worse than it is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I usually know the difference between actual hunger and 'feelings' hunger (I'm not suggesting for one second it makes one any more or less powerful). Boredom hungry is a bit more difficult to judge because I kind of think that I usually am a little bit hungry when I feel that way and it's the boredom that is making it feel 100 times worse than it is. 

I can generally tell the difference too, and I'm glad I was able to hold it off by making myself busy.

 

Notice is (semi)officially given. I need to write a resignation letter, but Boss knows when my last day will be which means now I can get serious about hoisting stuff off on the others. To complicate this Boss might have implemented her solution to the Kevin problem. She said he's "moving offices to across the hall, but I can't tell you why yet". It's probably going to be an unofficial demotion and keeps him away from this area. He's supposed to be taking a lot of Trevor's workload that is within his ability but time consuming so Trevor will have more time to learn my stuff. Not completely sure if this will make my transition out easier or harder. She's also going to try and fill my position before I leave and/or hire a temp to help with things.

So far today I have lots of spoons, but I'm not sure it's smart to try running with my poor toes yet. They're down to a dull ache, but with as much as they hurt all yesterday I feel like another day would be smart. But I just remembered that tomorrow we're going to an early movie and won't have time. Shoot. I guess I'll see how they feel when I get home from work

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized I hadn't actually followed you...but here I am!!

 

8 hours ago, Maigahane said:

And laid on the floor wimpering for a good 5 minutes.

 

awww I hope they're better!  That sucks!!

 

8 hours ago, Maigahane said:

 

Quit being over-caffeinated

Remind me to make this a goal next challenge, ha.

 

8 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Boredom hungry is a bit more difficult to judge because I kind of think that I usually am a little bit hungry when I feel that way and it's the boredom that is making it feel 100 times worse than it is. 

 

If i even think it's bunger, I drink like 20 oz of water and that usually works for me because I'm rarely hydrated enough

 

3 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Boss knows when my last day will be which means now I can get serious about hoisting stuff off on the others. 

 

YAASSS

 

3 hours ago, Maigahane said:

They're down to a dull ache, but with as much as they hurt all yesterday I feel like another day would be smart.

 

Maybe a walk???  Just to do something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stribs said:

awww I hope they're better!  That sucks!!

Thanks. They're basically better now. They feel slightly bruised but look normal

 

15 hours ago, Stribs said:

If i even think it's bunger, I drink like 20 oz of water and that usually works for me because I'm rarely hydrated enough

I have no problem with hydration. My caffeine of choice is highly diluted water mix so I drink 120ish ounces a day just at work. Slightly less effective since caffeine is a a diuretic but still tons of water. I've tried gum too but for some reason it makes me slightly nauseous if I'm chewing it to avoid eating. Maybe my brain getting back at me for trying to trick it

 

15 hours ago, Stribs said:

Maybe a walk???  Just to do something.

Stand outside for 2.5 hours talking to a coworker? It was super humid so I was sweating, does that count? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday

 

Eat like a reasonable human being

Not sure if I get a pass here or not. I ate my normal breakfast. Fasted through lunch. Then ended up talking/bitching/commiserating with Trevor for 2.5 hours after work. I didn't get home until after 7, Hubs had already eaten and we had no leftovers that I would eat. So I had two veggie burger patties (no bread in the house) and a half sleeve of ritz crackers. Came in right about 1000 calories for the day, which is too low.

 

Run so you don't die in OCRs

Since I didn't get home until after 7 I wasn't going to head back out for a run.

 

Quit being over-caffeinated

Appropriate amounts of caffeine were consumed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

Maybe my brain getting back at me for trying to trick it

 Damn those craftybrains!!

 

1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

Came in right about 1000 calories for the day, which is too low.

Even though you came in low, I'd still class this as a better win than "I ate too many snacks and was too high"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stribs said:

Even though you came in low, I'd still class this as a better win than "I ate too many snacks and was too high"

Certainly better than binging, but the goal is to "Not eat like an idiot" so....B+? :D 

 

 

Can I just say that having "Write resignation letter" on my personal to-do list right below "finish shadow boxes" and "buy mokume ring*" makes me giddy when I see it? I'm not looking forward to actually writing it, but the fact that I need to makes me happy. Talking with Trevor last night solidified even more that leaving is the right decision

 

*I did the hard thing, I deserve to buy myself jewelry! Seriously though, look up mokume, it's amazing :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Not sure if I get a pass here or not

 

16 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Certainly better than binging, but the goal is to "Not eat like an idiot" so....B+? :D 

 

Not that I'm disagreeing but it sort of depends on how you define 'eat like a reasonable human being' certainly you might have done a lot worse and or a lot better so it's really debatable. For my own part I'd probably mark myself as a C because it wouldn't be in the spirit of what I intended when I wrote it out but a long way from an all out fail but if what you meant was "don't over eat" then it's certainly a pass :) 

 

I'm thinking about this way too much. 

 

27 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Can I just say that having "Write resignation letter" on my personal to-do list right below "finish shadow boxes" and "buy mokume ring*" makes me giddy when I see it? I'm not looking forward to actually writing it, but the fact that I need to makes me happy. Talking with Trevor last night solidified even more that leaving is the right decision

 

You are really making me want to do the same thing, the Job thing, not the ring thing ;) you do deserve to buy yourself jewelry and I did have to look up mokume but it is really funky and cool! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

I'm not looking forward to actually writing it,

Lol, I ended up writing my husband's for this reason.  I made it so professional that his boss thought he was mad at him and rage quitting

 

39 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

B+? :D 

 

This teacher approves :) 

 

Those rings are gorgeous!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Not that I'm disagreeing but it sort of depends on how you define 'eat like a reasonable human being' certainly you might have done a lot worse and or a lot better so it's really debatable. For my own part I'd probably mark myself as a C because it wouldn't be in the spirit of what I intended when I wrote it out but a long way from an all out fail but if what you meant was "don't over eat" then it's certainly a pass :) 

 

I'm thinking about this way too much. 

The main thought is don't over-eat, but that's not everything. There's always this fear in the back of my mind that I'll push myself into other types of eating disorders so I definitely don't want to regularly eat too little. I over-thought it too and kept searching my kitchen for something reasonable but quick. I avoided eating the cream pies, fudgcicles, and plain tortillas and stopped halfway through the sleeve of ritz crackers when I realized I wasn't hungry anymore (handed them to Hubs to get them away from me). So given what I had handy I didn't do too horribly.

 

10 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

You are really making me want to do the same thing, the Job thing, not the ring thing ;) you do deserve to buy yourself jewelry

Job satisfaction has a huge impact on overall happiness which has a huge impact on health. I was just saying this to Trevor last night. He's incredibly frustrated too and has his cut-off date of when he's leaving if things don't improve. He actually lost 45lbs before things got crazy around the beginning of the year and has stalled too. And now that this is happening I've stopped subconsciously lying to myself about how bad it is and how much I dislike my boss.

It's a major change and a scary one, but for me it's worth it. I don't know how frustrated you are with your job, you haven't complained nearly as much as me :P, but maybe it's time to look for something. When you're not desperate for a job is the best time to look because you can be super picky

 

15 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

I did have to look up mokume but it is really funky and cool!  

 

14 minutes ago, Stribs said:

Those rings are gorgeous!!

I was introduced to mokume year or so ago and have been dying to buy one ever since. I love mixed metals, my wedding ring is a silver band with a gold claddagh. But mokume isn't common, I stopped by a jewelry store this weekend and the woman had no idea what I was talking about (but at least I have my ring size now)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday

 

Eat like a reasonable human being

Pass! I had my normal breakfast, fasted through lunch, then had Chipotle for dinner. I got a burrito bowl and saved the calories from the tortilla to make room for the much more delicious chips. 1500cals

 

Run so you don't die in OCRs

Still nope. We went to see The Spy Who Dumped Me (silly but hilarious)

 

Quit being over-caffeinated

Appropriate amounts of caffeine were consumed

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Can I just say that having "Write resignation letter" on my personal to-do list right below "finish shadow boxes" and "buy mokume ring*" makes me giddy when I see it? I'm not looking forward to actually writing it, but the fact that I need to makes me happy. Talking with Trevor last night solidified even more that leaving is the right decision

 

*I did the hard thing, I deserve to buy myself jewelry! Seriously though, look up mokume, it's amazing :)

 

I agree with Trevor. Trevor sounds like a wise man. 

 

I've seen these rings before! They are super cool! I want to see a picture of the one you get! ^_^ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stribs said:

Now I want one, ha.  

They're so yummy. And relatively healthy if you do them right. Mine supposedly clocks in at 575 calories, though probably more since I'm sure they use more ingredients then Chipotle decides is a serving

 

20 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I agree with Trevor. Trevor sounds like a wise man.  

He's a good guy, but the conversation was more bringing up all the issues we each have with Boss and really realizing that it's not worth the frustration. Poor guy is new enough he doesn't feel ready to quit. He wants to make it through two rounds of financial statements (what I'm sticking around through September to help with) to get better experience before he looks elsewhere

 

22 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I've seen these rings before! They are super cool! I want to see a picture of the one you get! ^_^ 

Right now I'm leaning towards this one because I love that's it's tri-color and the banding goes all the way through (many have a solid metal liner on the inside), but I'm still looking around

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

 

Right now I'm leaning towards this one because I love that's it's tri-color and the banding goes all the way through (many have a solid metal liner on the inside), but I'm still looking around

 

Oh goodness! You're looking for the expensive stuff too! That's absolutely beautiful, but I know I couldn't afford it. LOL. So pretty! <3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Oh goodness! You're looking for the expensive stuff too! That's absolutely beautiful, but I know I couldn't afford it. LOL. So pretty! <3

Most of the cheap ones I've seen have copper which is a bad idea for a ring. I buy jewelry so rarely and then wear it forever that it's worth it for me to spend a little more on something I really like.

 

Of course I say that and my wedding ring cost $60 and I still adore it 14 years later :) 

 

Ideally I'd have three rings and a necklace that I wear everyday. I have one ring and the necklace, the mokume would make the second ring, and I need a cheap spinner ring for my index finger to replace the one that falls off since I lost weight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

I buy jewelry so rarely and then wear it forever that it's worth it for me to spend a little more on something I really like.

 

I feel you here.  I have my wedding ring and a claddagh ring (both that need resized).  But I've worn the claddagh every day for almost 9 years (despite the fact that the band breaks about once every 2 years because it was cheap because I was broke and in college when abroad) and my wedding ring for that I've worn for 4.5.  Hubs bought me a bracelet that I wear when I think about it, and that's it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

What kind of salad dressing do you usually use?? Asking for a friend. :P

Lol, I can't say I have a usual dressing. Growing up my default was always ranch but avoiding that for lots of reasons. I like Italian well enough. I've made my own balsamic vinaigrette and honey mustard which aren't bad. Right now I have a Vidalia onion dressing I'm using that I like pretty well. And I'm on a quest to find a carrot and ginger (I think) like the local Japanese place uses but so far have been unsuccessful. Hubs said if I find it he'll eat salad with me everyday :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys.... I might have to give up pizza. I'm feeling feverish and nauseous. I seem to remember feeling like shit last time we got pizza :'(

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

You guys.... I might have to give up pizza. I'm feeling feverish and nauseous. I seem to remember feeling like shit last time we got pizza :'(

 

That's awful! What do you think causes it??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
That's awful! What do you think causes it??
My guess is the cheese. I don't really eat it anymore. I was fine with the vegan frozen pizza I had this weekend
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

You guys.... I might have to give up pizza. I'm feeling feverish and nauseous. I seem to remember feeling like shit last time we got pizza :'(

Sorry. The fever makes me wonder if it's more of a bug though (or food poisoning) then a dairy intolerance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry. The fever makes me wonder if it's more of a bug though (or food poisoning) then a dairy intolerance

Not sure if it was actually a fever, just felt warm. Normally I would agree but last time I got pizza I felt bad after eating it the first day, and after eating leftovers. But Hubs, who ate the same pizza both times, was fine. Seems to be mostly past by now, luckily with no vomiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now