• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Maigs

Maigs Rations Her Spoons

3 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Not sure if it was actually a fever, just felt warm. Normally I would agree but last time I got pizza I felt bad after eating it the first day, and after eating leftovers. But Hubs, who ate the same pizza both times, was fine. Seems to be mostly past by now, luckily with no vomiting

Yeah, that is mostly likely the cheese then. Sorry. So if it is a lactose intolerance, you might be able to have occasional pizza if you take Lact-aid

1 minute ago, Elastigirl said:

Yeah, that is mostly likely the cheese then. Sorry. So if it is a lactose intolerance, you might be able to have occasional pizza if you take Lact-aid

Since I'm working towards being vegan, it's not the end of the world. And, you know, pizza is never actually healthy :) But it's so yummy :( We get BBQ chicken w/red onion, half no chicken and it's amazing

• Like 1

Wednesday

Eat like a reasonable human being

Ate my normal breakfast and fasted through lunch. Then realized too late that I was missing one ingredient for each meal I had planned for the rest of the week so Hubs suggested pizza. I ate three square pieces (aka 3/16 of a 16" pizza) and one breadstick. Then friends came over and brought more candy, I had two mini-cupcakes and was set to avoid the rest. Which was made easy when I started feeling nauseous. I ended laying in bed for a couple of hours while they played Pathfinder (and my character kicked butt in my absence). Calories estimated at 1600. Pass with some points docked for failing on my meal planning. A-

Run so you don't die in OCRs

Nope. But I did get Floof out for a walk before people showed up since it was only in the 70's

Quit being over-caffeinated

Appropriate amounts of caffeine were consumed. This challenge has been easy. Next one will be harder when I cut out my second morning caffeine

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Next one will be harder when I cut out my second morning caffeine

giphy.gif

(I seriously need to start looking at cutting back caffeine) 

I hope you are feeling better.

9 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

giphy.gif

(I seriously need to start looking at cutting back caffeine)

That's a good representation of how I feel about it. I'm cutting back rrreeeaaallllyyy slowly in hopes that it sticks this time

10 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

I hope you are feeling better.

Thanks. I'm mostly better, just some lingering not-quite-rightness in my stomach. I'm at work today

• Like 1

In case anyone is wondering; the correct answer in the U.S. to the question "Where do I go when I think I injured myself weeks ago and should get looked at but it's not an emergency?" is to start with your primary care doctor.

I think I mentioned it before, but it might have been last challenge: I turned my ankle two mudruns ago, but it was so minor I didn't even stop running and had forgotten about it by the end of the race. A week or so later I started having a pain on the top of my foot when I pulled my toes back or sat back on my heels. It's not a bad pain and I don't notice it at all when I'm walking or even running. I didn't feel anything with the next mudrun. But it's not been over a month and it's not getting better.

So I have an appointment next Wednesday. Running will be on hold until then. Probably should have been on hold for a while just in case but I'm stubborn. And mildly terrified they're going to tell me that I can't run for a while since I have OCRs the next three weekends in a row after this one

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

So I have an appointment next Wednesday.

But don't just pretend that it never happened and then grumble when it turns into something more serious. Just putting that out there.... 

ebib.jpg

6 hours ago, Maigahane said:

here do I go when I think I injured myself weeks ago and should get looked at but it's not an emergency?

This was me with my back pain, lol.  It's like, how long can I go without professionally having someone tell me there is an actual problem...

I hop you're all clear for you OCRs!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stribs said:

This was me with my back pain, lol.  It's like, how long can I go without professionally having someone tell me there is an actual problem...

I hop you're all clear for you OCRs!!

It was part fear of being told there's an actual problem and part cluelessness on what kind of doctor to see about it. Normal doctor, physical therapist, podiatrist, something else? I called a physical therapist first and they said to start with my PCP.

Now I have to wait a week before I get told if there's something wrong or not

Thursday

Ate my normal breakfast and fasted through lunch. Stopped by the store to pick up my missing ingredients and made fajita burritos. I ended up with ~1700cals for the day which is within a good range and I was not overfull so I'll call that a win. Solid "A"

On hold

Appropriate amounts of caffeine were consumed

Since running is on hold and the caffeine goal has been easy I'm tempted to steal @Xena's sushi list to work through all the things I want done before starting my new job. It's a long list because I'm going to get shit done that's been on the list since....well forever. Example: last night I finally (95%) finished the shadow box from our Rome trip. From 2016. I might have to break it up and have multiple sushi rewards :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

I might have to break it up and have multiple sushi rewards :)

Like mini sushi rewards for each sublist and then a mega sushi reward for when you complete the whole list? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Like mini sushi rewards for each sublist and then a mega sushi reward for when you complete the whole list? 

Lol, the Mega Sushi Reward would just be to eat sushi until I die because I'll never actually finish my to-do list :)

I'll probably break it down into lists of 10-15 things and get sushi after finishing each list. Or award points based on effort and get sushi after a certain number of points

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Lol, the Mega Sushi Reward would just be to eat sushi until I die because I'll never actually finish my to-do list :)

mmmm-sushi.jpg

• Like 1

Friday

Ate my normal breakfast and fasted through lunch. Ate leftover pizza from Wednesday. Didn't feel sick from it. 1200cals.

On hold

Saturday

Hubs made biscuits and gravy. I finally got him in the habit of making a reasonable amount so we each had two biscuits. We finished off the leftover pizza for lunch. For dinner I wasn't really hungry so I had some peanut butter and a tortilla. 1600cals

On hold

Sunday

Had a very lazy morning and didn't end up eating breakfast until almost 11am. Had my normal breakfast. Then we had a late lunch that might as well have been an early dinner. I made mexican casserole and only had one serving. Hubs had an oatmeal cream pie and offered me some so I had two small bites of it. I had no desire to get one of my own. Before bed I had a spoonful of peanut butter. 1200cals

On hold

• Like 2

Week One Wrap Up

Wow, I haven't done one of these in ages

I regularly fasted through lunch which is doing an amazing job of killing the munchies. I averaged about 1400cals/day. Food choices were pretty good. I got Chipotle one day, but that was planned in advance since we were out for a movie. And we got pizza another day due to bad planning but we made a 16" pizza and 6 breadsticks last for 3 meals for each of us which isn't too shabby. My only sweets for the week were 2 mini cupcakes which is perfectly reasonable. B+

On hold until I find out whether or not I've actually damaged my foot

Appropriate amounts of caffeine were consumed every day. Solid A

• Like 2

I had pizza yesterday and it made me sick to my stomach... I didn't feel feverish and I could keep playing D&D, but I did not feel good afterwards. I think it's just all the grease. 

Glad you're getting your foot checked out. Hope it's nothing serious! 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 10:06 AM, Maigahane said:

I'll probably break it down into lists of 10-15 things and get sushi after finishing each list. Or award points based on effort and get sushi after a certain number of points

Ugh, I did the hard things, do I get sushi yet?

I wrote and turned in my resignation letter today. And I called two places today to get quotes for a home project. Realistically I need to make two more calls and want to make another two calls for fun (maybe?) things. Maybe after those I'll earn sushi

2 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I had pizza yesterday and it made me sick to my stomach... I didn't feel feverish and I could keep playing D&D, but I did not feel good afterwards. I think it's just all the grease. 

Grease could be at least part of the problem. Even when I ate meat I could never handle sausage without feeling sick because it was too greasy for me

• Like 1

Monday

Ate my normal breakfast and fasted through lunch. Had french bread pizza and a salad for dinner. I did my best to estimate calories and feel like it's understated, but I came out to about 1600. No issues from this pizza

On hold

And I ordered my ring last night. I ended up picking the one from the link I posted earlier which supposedly is made and shipped very fast so hopefully I'll have it soon. I need to make a couple of phone calls today and possibly run to Menards after work for new shelves in the garage. And this morning I dropped off 10 old license plates at the mini-dmv downstairs for recycling. TEN. And that's only the duplicates. We still have a pile at home that Hubs wants to keep for some unknown reason

• Like 4

On 8/20/2018 at 3:05 PM, Maigahane said:

Ugh, I did the hard things, do I get sushi yet?

I wrote and turned in my resignation letter today. And I called two places today to get quotes for a home project. Realistically I need to make two more calls and want to make another two calls for fun (maybe?) things. Maybe after those I'll earn sushi

11 hours ago, Maigahane said:

And I ordered my ring last night. I ended up picking the one from the link I posted earlier which supposedly is made and shipped very fast so hopefully I'll have it soon. I need to make a couple of phone calls today and possibly run to Menards after work for new shelves in the garage. And this morning I dropped off 10 old license plates at the mini-dmv downstairs for recycling. TEN. And that's only the duplicates. We still have a pile at home that Hubs wants to keep for some unknown reason

You are killing that list!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xena said:

You are killing that list!

Thanks!

I did stop by Menards and got the shelves. I didn't make the phone calls I meant to but I made a different call, we had a plumber out to work on our kitchen sink a couple of weeks ago and it's already draining badly again so I had to call them back. And we've somewhat figured out our Labor Day weekend plans. This afternoon is a doctors appointment for my foot, then coming home to build the garage shelves and meet with one of the contractors to get an estimate for our home project. Unfortunately my list just keeps getting longer and there's some things that probably won't happen until I have whole days at home by myself

• Like 3

Tuesday

Ate my normal breakfast and fasted through lunch except for a single cake pop that someone brought into work to celebrate our budget getting approved. Had leftover fajita stuff for dinner. 1200cals

On hold 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Ate my normal breakfast and fasted through lunch except for a single cake pop that someone brought into work to celebrate our budget getting approved. Had leftover fajita stuff for dinner. 1200cals

What's cake pop? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

What's cake pop? 

It's cake batter, I think usually mixed with something like pudding or cream cheese, rolled into balls about an inch in diameter (cooked here...maybe? I've never actually made them) put on a stick and dipped in chocolate. So it's kinda looks like a lollipop but is make of cake.

16 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Well done for clearing  some things off your sushi list! I hope the doctors appointment goes OK.

Thanks! I might actually take my first reward as a milkshake during our trip next week from a restaurant that doesn't exist in my current state.

Appointment is in an hour. We'll see if I'm being silly and it's nothing or if I'm being stupid for walking on it for the last 2 months