Log Food 6 days/week

weigh 4+ days a week

Minimum 2 strength workouts week

minimum 2 runs a week including a long run

Log food- 4/6

weigh 3/4

Lift 2/2

run 2/2 including a 7

So far I've weighed twice, tracked two days, did 1 lift, and got a 4 mile and 8 mile run in.

Scale moved down a bit but I moved it up so much over the weekend it hardly mattered.  I think today's low weight was more signal noise than progress.  Sometimes even when I know I have factors affecting my weight its still nice to see a low number

• Like 1

squat 5x5x75 I was paying poor attention and first set was 70 because there was 10 on one side and 15 on other.  Kind of tweaked my knee with that

OHP 5x5 55

DL 1x5 115

But ate like garbage today ;(

Week 2

Log Food 6 days/week 5/6

weigh 4+ days a week 3/4

Minimum 2 strength workouts week 2/2

minimum 2 runs a week including a long run 2/2 with 8 mile long run

Week 3

Log Food 6 days/week 3/6

weigh 4+ days a week 4/4

Minimum 2 strength workouts week 3/2

minimum 2 runs a week including a long run 2/2 with 9 mile long run

I am doing better with exercise than with logging.  WHich is typical. But getting back into a fitness routine is also more important to me than losing further weight.  I mean I could stand to lose another 10-15 but the routine is way more vital to how I feel

• Like 1

So the holiday weekend has me off.  Because yesterday should be my long run morning but I still had my boys.

I still lifted yesterday 5x5 squat 85

OHP 5x5 60

DL 1x10 125

The squats are still easy and my pauses are like 30-60  seconds between sets and no warm up.  But I feel like I need to keep working up for familarity.  Its the movement that makes me most nervous.  Right knee still gives me some trouble.  I'm sure a 10 mile run tomorrow will straighten that out.

OHP is starting to feel tough already.  I am still not taking even 90 second s between sets but I can feel it.  Its not just moving a bar like the other lifts and Im starting to strain a bit

DL. Damn it 1x5 is just not enough deadlifting.  So I did 10.

I didn't track crap all weekend though.  I didn't eat super terrible.  I will have to look at my smart scale to see how often I have been weighing.  I have been not staying at home a lot which means I dont weigh in the morning but should the next two mornings

But my house is pretty clean.  I worked on the gate. I got a bed mulched.  I have a hole in the drywall patched and mudded.  I made some home made ceasar dressing.  I got some plants planted.  It was an OK weekend productivity wise for having my boys for the 3 day weekend.  I love seeing them but they can destroy the house hahaha

I skipped my run this morning. I usually have a rest day after long run but it was my only day to do it.  Apparently after getting up at 315 and running 10 miles my lazy ass wanted to sleep in.  I tried to pay by doing double lifts

Squats 90 5x5, 95 5x5

Bench 85 5x5

lat row 70  5x5

lat pulldown 70 5x5

OHP 65 5x5

deadlift 135 1x10

I skipped squats because I was lifting right before bed and will do a long run on the morning. But I will say tonight the Bench felt like a challenge for once. I had to get my form rightj and really tense my legs to get the push going. Lat rows were also tough. Soon it will be like real weightlifting again haha. That’s good but I suppose I was hoping I would get to higher weight before i slowed down.

Last week I thought it was just some smell in my house like the kids left a sippy somewhere.  This week I was goodling it and it can apparently be a sign of your body running out of glucose then burning protein.  I need to do more reading on it. Some folks recommend carb loading the night before to reduce it.  Granted, I am running completely fasted first thing in the morning. I pretty much roll out of bed, eat or drink nothing, don't stretch and just start running.

Image result for i too like to live dangerously

3 minutes ago, jenglish said:

Last week I thought it was just some smell in my house like the kids left a sippy somewhere.  This week I was goodling it and it can apparently be a sign of your body running out of glucose then burning protein.  I need to do more reading on it. Some folks recommend carb loading the night before to reduce it.  Granted, I am running completely fasted first thing in the morning. I pretty much roll out of bed, eat or drink nothing, don't stretch and just start running.

Image result for i too like to live dangerously

I learned something new today.

2 minutes ago, jenglish said:

About the smell or that I'm a dumbass in denial of my age;)

The smell. I'm 36 and in the best shape of my life so far. Denial of your age is the only way to live.

On 8/21/2018 at 12:05 PM, jenglish said:

Log food- 4/6

weigh 3/4

Lift 2/2

run 2/2 including a 7

On 8/31/2018 at 7:14 AM, jenglish said:

Week 2

Log Food 6 days/week 5/6

weigh 4+ days a week 3/4

Minimum 2 strength workouts week 2/2

minimum 2 runs a week including a long run 2/2 with 8 mile long run

Week 3

Log Food 6 days/week 3/6

weigh 4+ days a week 4/4

Minimum 2 strength workouts week 3/2

minimum 2 runs a week including a long run 2/2 with 9 mile long run

I am doing better with exercise than with logging.  WHich is typical. But getting back into a fitness routine is also more important to me than losing further weight.  I mean I could stand to lose another 10-15 but the routine is way more vital to how I feel

Week 4

Log food 0

Weigh 3/4

stremgth 3/2

runs 1/2

So my boring first challenge back is done.  Not great but I am getting the habit re-established. Only missed one run and went over on lifts.  Kind of sucked on food log and wieghts.  Honestly, in the middle of a divorce isnt the best time to weigh and log all yourr meals and worry about weight. I'm not sitting in my wet bar drinking by myself so I will call that a damn win haha.

So next challenge I will have to put some effort into a theme